Paint chip on Rogue crown

9ironiscash9ironiscash Members Posts: 648 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just got a rogue SZ from callaway pre owned and everything is great except for a noticeable, relatively deep paint chip on the crown near the toe (see pic). I purchased it in “very good” condition based on the their ratings.
I am happy with my experience with them otherwise, and don’t want to go through the hassle of returning it. What is the best way to cover up this chip on this type of carbon gloss head? Thanks.

Comments

• Radeon962Radeon962 ClubWRX Posts: 1,937 ClubWRX

Black automotive paint. Bring the head into AutoZone, O'Reilys or whatever auto parts store is nearest you and match it up with one of the small auto paint bottles. I cut a Q-tip on an angle and just dab a bit in the chip and it fills the area up. Let dry and it's good to go.

• thlongballthlongball Members Posts: 894 ✭✭

IMO: If you call them they’ll probably swap it and have the new head in your hands in 3 days or less depending on your location. Two easy to swap it.

• halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,343 ✭✭

Sharpie.

WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • leo the lionleo the lion Members Posts: 951 ✭✭

@thlongball said:
    IMO: If you call them they’ll probably swap it and have the new head in your hands in 3 days or less depending on your location. Two easy to swap it.

This. 'Very good' ??? No way. Callaway have fantastic customer service and they will replace for you asap.

Driver, Fairway and Hybrid  LST 8.5 Tour Stiff 65, G30 3 Wood Tour Stiff 80 and G 19* #3 Stiff Tour Stiff 90 
    Hybrid  Tour Edge Exotics CBPro U Limited Edition 17* #2 Kuro Kage Stiff 90HY
    Irons  G irons 4-UW AWT 2.0 Stiff white dot +1/2" plus Odyssey Duel Force 56 degree 
    Bag  Hoofer 14 2016
    Putter  Queen Bee #8 
    Balls Titleist ProV1X, AVX and TaylorMade TP5X 
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,576 ✭✭
    edited Apr 21, 2019 4:41pm #6

There is a golf club paint seller on eBay. Do a search for Rogue golf paint

And IMO those rogues were made poorly

• DavewnDavewn West Des Moines, IAMembers Posts: 592 ✭✭

If you have a steady hand, black nail polish on a toothpick will make that little chip disappear. It dries quickly and is very durable.

Callaway RAZR Fit 10.5* Aldila RIP'd NV 60 S
    Golfsmith HiCor Plus 400cc 13.5* Aerotech Powercoil 50 S
    TaylorMade 200 Steel 4 Wood stock TM Lite R-80
    Orlimar Black Ti 22* 4 Hybrid Litespeed R
    Adams A7 5-GW UST Proforce 85 R
    Golfsmith/Spalding Cash-In SW 55/12 Cleveland Action Lite S
    Cleveland TA 900 60* Nicklaus Driveshaft R
    Slotline Inertial 35" 
  • 9ironiscash9ironiscash Members Posts: 648 ✭✭

@Davewn said:
    If you have a steady hand, black nail polish on a toothpick will make that little chip disappear. It dries quickly and is very durable.

I am thinking of going this route but am worried the gloss won’t match. It will probably be fine tho. Don’t wanna spend 20 bucks plus shipping on club specific paint for a chip that small.

• DavewnDavewn West Des Moines, IAMembers Posts: 592 ✭✭

It's a high gloss finish on the head, that chip is tiny and there doesn't appear to be any metallic element to it. I'd be pretty confident in gloss black nail polish but I'm used to working on less valuable clubs. Unless you have a black car with some stone chips, an automotive touch up stick is overkill. IMO, if you really like the way the club hits, sets up etc., there's always a risk of sending one back that works and getting an "identical" replacement that doesn't.

Callaway RAZR Fit 10.5* Aldila RIP'd NV 60 S
    Golfsmith HiCor Plus 400cc 13.5* Aerotech Powercoil 50 S
    TaylorMade 200 Steel 4 Wood stock TM Lite R-80
    Orlimar Black Ti 22* 4 Hybrid Litespeed R
    Adams A7 5-GW UST Proforce 85 R
    Golfsmith/Spalding Cash-In SW 55/12 Cleveland Action Lite S
    Cleveland TA 900 60* Nicklaus Driveshaft R
    Slotline Inertial 35" 
  • 9ironiscash9ironiscash Members Posts: 648 ✭✭

@Davewn said:
    It's a high gloss finish on the head, that chip is tiny and there doesn't appear to be any metallic element to it. I'd be pretty confident in gloss black nail polish but I'm used to working on less valuable clubs. Unless you have a black car with some stone chips, an automotive touch up stick is overkill. IMO, if you really like the way the club hits, sets up etc., there's always a risk of sending one back that works and getting an "identical" replacement that doesn't.

Exactly. I haven’t even hit it yet. The sole has scratching expected from normal use, and other than the chip on top it’s in great condition. I might just contact callaway tomorrow before hitting it to weigh my options and go from there. Thanks for the tips much appreciated 👍