Polos for Work

UnderPar18UnderPar18 Previously Ecsugolf1Members Posts: 5,629 ✭✭

The company I work at has relaxed its dress code and for the summer time I would like to buy some polos that are work appropriate that goes well with dress pants.

I’m a skinny dude so footjoy shirts look awful on me. I’d prefer a classy polo that doesn’t have a sporty print to it and something that’s a bit more slim fit.

Any suggestions? Peter Millar comes to mind but I’ve never purchased from them and $80-$90 a polo seems expensive.

I likely will only wear there’s polos to work as I mostly wear under armour polos when golfing.

Comments

• Tj1004Tj1004 Members Posts: 17 ✭✭

Our company gets OGIO shirts from Scrub Hub that I like a lot. I actually ordered a bunch without the company logo because I like them so much. They have a good collar, not a baggy fit but not really form fitting either. They’re quick dry material but not so thin you can see your chest hair and belly button through them haha. Theyre called Caliber 2.0 and are roughly $30-35

• lspky_muskielspky_muskie Members Posts: 905 ✭✭

Peter Millar “Tour Fit” is a great work to course polo. Neiman Marcus is always running $50 off $200 sales with 10% back through Ebates, which gets you down to 3 for $180.

• UnderPar18UnderPar18 Previously Ecsugolf1 Members Posts: 5,629 ✭✭

@lspky_muskie said:
    Peter Millar “Tour Fit” is a great work to course polo. Neiman Marcus is always running $50 off $200 sales with 10% back through Ebates, which gets you down to 3 for $180.

I’m probably right in between a small and a medium in most UA and Nike Golf Polos. What size would I get if I bought a Tour Fit polo by PM?

• leerob3leerob3 Members Posts: 599 ✭✭

Bonobos, Uniqlo, Greyson are a few you may want to try.

Callaway GBB
    XR Pro 3 Wood
    Ping G400 3 hybrid
    Ping I200 4-PW
    Ping Glide 2.0 50*
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 56*
    Odyssey #9 White Damascus
  • ctfuzz21ctfuzz21 Members Posts: 754 ✭✭

I’m a huge fan of RLX and Polo Golf. I think you’ll find a large number of people in some of the other threads agree that Justin Thomas and Billy Horschel are some of the best dressed golfers on tour. That look translates really well to the office. The fits are nice and styles are classy, yet modern at the same time.

Titleist TS2 10.5
    TaylorMade M2 (2017) 3-wood
    TaylorMade M2 3 Hybrid
    Mizuno MP-18 4-PW
    Mizuno T7 Wedges (52, 56, 60)
    Scotty Cameron 5W
    Titleist AVX

RLX Apparel with Footjoy Shoes & Gloves
  • RSinSGRSinSG ClubWRX Posts: 3,071 ClubWRX

I’m a fan of Matte Grey polos. Very muted and conservative.

https://hausofgrey.com/collections/matte-grey-polos

Ping G400 Tour AD DI6s
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course
  • rbark11rbark11 Members Posts: 27 ✭✭

Under Armour makes great polos, always wear them to work. Nike golf polos are nice too

• lspky_muskielspky_muskie Members Posts: 905 ✭✭

@UnderPar18 said:

@lspky_muskie said:

I’m probably right in between a small and a medium in most UA and Nike Golf Polos. What size would I get if I bought a Tour Fit polo by PM?

I’d probably go with a Medium. They’re pretty slim fitting.

• soonernicksoonernick Members Posts: 30 ✭✭

@lspky_muskie said:

I’m not seeing the “tour fit” anywhere. Is it a certain more athletic cut?

• portlandportland Members Posts: 1,048 ✭✭

@soonernick said:

@lspky_muskie said:

I’m not seeing the “tour fit” anywhere. Is it a certain more athletic cut?

Peter Millar has done away with the Tour Fit. Here is what customer service told me:

Thank you for contacting Peter Millar. We no longer have the Tour Fit option. We do have a variety of polos that are classified as Refined and Tailored Fit, which will fit closer to the body. Below is a link to these polos.

https://www.petermillar.com/c/mens/tops/polos-shirts.html#f=filter-tags~collections~crown-crafted&f=filter-tags~collections~peter-millar-collection

Taylormade M1 10.5*
    Callaway GBB Epic 15*
    Callaway XR 19*
    Taylormade p790 5-P,A
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
    Srixon Z Star
  • WillyLWillyL Winnipeg, 🇨🇦 Members Posts: 254 ✭✭

Lululemon. I wear them to work all the time. Great fit and they seem to last.

Nike Vapor Pro/ Vapor Flex 440 ADBB 6s
    Nike Vapor 3 wood Diamana S+
    Nike SQ2 19 hybrid Aldila VS Proto
    Mizuno MP18 4-6 SC, 7-PW MB C-Taper 120s
    Vokey SM6 50-10, 54-14 & 58-04
    Studio Select NP2
    Custom 2015 Scotty GOLO 3
    Scotty M2 (Gamer)
  • Jc0Jc0 ChicagoMembers Posts: 1,872 ✭✭

Don't know about the fit but there are plenty of Nike shirts that look normal. I have a few that I wear to work on a regular basis.

• theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭

I wear Uniqlo polos to work all the time. They come in a couple of material combos, from more pique looking to the more performance-style polyester appearance.

They're $29.90 normally, but they dip to $19.90 plenty of times. Might be worth a look

• cmagnussoncmagnusson Members Posts: 406 ✭✭

Uniqlo and Old Navy are both great options for an excellent price.

Cobra BioCell+ 8.5*D, Aldila RIP'D NV 65TX at 44.75"
    Ping Rapture 14*, Diamana Blueboard 73X
    Titleist 917F2 18*, Matrix Deus 60X
    Adams Pro DHy 18*, Aldila RIP 85X
    Adams Red 20*, Aldila RIP 85X
    TaylorMade RBladez 5i-PW, Stiff
    Cobra Trusty Rusty 53*, 59*, DG S200
    Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #1
  • golowgolow I Gots Issues Members Posts: 897 ✭✭

@cmagnusson said:
    Uniqlo and Old Navy are both great options for an excellent price.

Agree. Plain, no logo, cheap.

• earleyrcearleyrc Members Posts: 389 ✭✭

Linksoul Anza polo is money. Kinda pricy but you can find cheap on zappos or Amazon. Cotton/poly blend looks a little more dressed up than most 100% polyester IMO.

Driver (9.5°) - Titleist TS3 Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 74
    Wood (15°) - Titleist 915Fd Diamana D+ White 80
    Hybrid (19°) - Titleist 913h Diamana S+ Blue 82
    Irons (4-9) - Titleist 718AP2 DG S300 AMT
    Wedges (46.08F, 50.08F) - Vokey SM6 DG S200
    Wedges (54.10,58.10) - Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 DG S200
    Flat Stick (34") - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Matador Mid
  • AppAlumAppAlum Members Posts: 747 ✭✭
  • ShakesterShakester Members Posts: 461 ✭✭

Original Penguin is a good polo for just casual wear. They're not too "golfy" if that is even a word. Some have pockets and usually slimmer fitting. You can find them at a Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls or TJ Maxx for $29.99. I wear them on and off the course.

https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/search?query=original penguin&division=Men&department=Clothing&class=Polo Shirts

Taylormade M3 Driver (UST Mamiya Chrome Elements Stiff Shaft) 9.5
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood 15
    Taylormade M2 5 Wood 18
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Newport Platinum Putter
    Taylormade TP5 Golf balls
  • AUDufferAUDuffer ClubWRX Posts: 2,923 ClubWRX

@Shakester said:
    Original Penguin is a good polo for just casual wear. They're not too "golfy" if that is even a word. Some have pockets and usually slimmer fitting. You can find them at a Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls or TJ Maxx for $29.99. I wear them on and off the course.

https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/search?query=original penguin&division=Men&department=Clothing&class=Polo Shirts

Another vote for Original Penguin and they just recently opened up an outlet store near me, which spells trouble!

10.5° PXG 0811LX Project X HC Evenflow 75X<br />15° PXG 0341 Fujikura 2.0 7X<br />19° PXG 0317 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S<br />4-6 Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi Oban CT-115 S-<br />7-9 Mizuno MP-18 MMC Oban CT-115 S-<br />Artisan Golf 46/50/54/58 Oban CT-115 S-<br />Artisan Golf 0117 x 2 (Night and Day)
  • KBNYYKBNYY Members Posts: 631 ✭✭

Banana Republic luxury touch - currently on sale for $25

• sbjinxsbjinx Orange CountyMembers Posts: 2,426 ✭✭

@AUDuffer said:

@Shakester said:

https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/search?query=original penguin&amp;division=Men&amp;department=Clothing&amp;class=Polo Shirts

Another vote for Original Penguin and they just recently opened up an outlet store near me, which spells trouble!

Yep love the penguin stuff for work. Polos mostly but even their dress shirts look great paired with nice jeans. Most of my golf polos look a little too sporty which isn’t the look I’m going for at work.

Callaway Epic SZ - Project X Smoke
    TM M2 15* - Diamana S Ltd
    Callaway Apex - 19*
    Bridgestone J15 - 4-PW
    Titleist SM7 - 52* & 58*
    Spider X

• smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭

Dunning. They seem pretty classy and low key. I don't have any but have been mulling it over.

• Brick TamlandBrick Tamland Members Posts: 285 ✭✭

B Draddy and Criquet for me.

Cobra Fly-Z+, Matrix VLCT
    Cobra Fly-Z+ 3 Wood, Matrix VLCT
    Nike VR Pro 3-4 Hybrids, PX6.0
    Nike Covert Forged 5-AW, DG Pro S300
    Nike Forged Black, 54/60
    Scotty GoLo
  • sisk61sisk61 Members Posts: 33 ✭✭

I bought several Dunning polos last year and they are fantastic. Great for work or golf course.

@smashdn said:
    Dunning. They seem pretty classy and low key. I don't have any but have been mulling it over.

• PreppySlapCutPreppySlapCut This is just babytown frolics... Members Posts: 6,393 ✭✭

Holderness & Bourne, PM, and Dunning.

Ping G400 MAX 9* w/ Tour 65 (S)
    Ping G 14.5* & 19.5* w/ Tour 80 (X)
    Ping G30 22* w/ Accra Kuchar Proto 85 (X)
    Ping i210 5-PW w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Scotty Cameron Toolbox
  • bobcat88bobcat88 Members Posts: 244 ✭✭

They're on the more inexpensive side, but IZOD performance polos are perfect for me. You can get them around $25 at Kohl's and really anywhere else online. The quality is solid, they last forever, and the designs/colors aren't out there like some other modern stuff.