Circa 62 refinish

entourage2entourage2 Members Posts: 263 ✭✭

Plan on taking my circa model 3 to BOS.

What are people’s thoughts on doing a deep mill? Lose too much weight, will it feel different, etc?

Want to remove some dents/scratches.

Thanks!

Comments

• semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers Posts: 612 ✭✭

Depends on how bad the face looks, in my opinion. I avoid milling if possible because of the weight loss on an already light head (by modern standards.) You could always add a tip weight in the shaft to get a little back. But if the face is dinged up really bad, it definitely makes the head look so much better! If you want a putter that looks like new and dont mind losing some weight, go for it!

• entourage2entourage2 Members Posts: 263 ✭✭

@semarlor how much weight gets lost from a deep mill?

• semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers Posts: 612 ✭✭

I've heard anywhere from 4-6g. I've never had one deep milled but I had a JAT with a light face mill and lost 3 or 4 so I imagine deeper would mean more material and more weight? Not 100% sure but I think 5g would be a safe guess. Anyone that knows more on the subject, feel free to weigh in and correct me if I'm way off!

• oneaugustaoneaugusta Members Posts: 3,015 ✭✭

It's your putter but IMO deep milling on a carbon head to me ruins the feel. The milling is a little light on the Circa series, maybe try their medium milling, just my 2 cents.

Titleist 917 D2 GOGO 5 6S
    TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
    Miura CB57's Nippon Modus 120
    Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125
    David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
    David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
    David Mills GS Ming V3 flow neck
    Byron Rincon DH89
  • tleadertleader Members Posts: 533 ✭✭

When Slighter did mine, just cleaning up the putter lost 3 grams and he estimated that the face would lose 4-6 for a light mill. Fortunately, my face was in great shape and this wasn’t needed.
    I would consider your target weight first, and then factor in milling.