Multiple Ping Iron fittings, clubs not working Ping I210 120 S300

I have games the Ping I20s with CFS Stiff shafts and a handicap of 8. Spent a few weeks researching the Ping I500 & I210 along with demoing. Decided to get fit by a local pro at an outdoor range who is listed as a top 100 Ping fitter and paid for the fitting. The numbers came back as Black dot standard/standard. I found his quite odd since I haw never been fit standard/standard for any of the last 4 sets of ping irons. I then scheduled a fitting outdoor range and was fit by the Ping representative in Green dot irons with 120 Dynamic Gold S300 shafts.
The new shafts feel much heavier than the previous shafts. I have hit balls and played with the clubs for 6 days straight now and have been very disappointed. Ball flight is either drawn left of target or a nasty shank off the hosel. Ended up throwing in the towel after being +20 after 11 holes this past Thursday.

Any suggestions or experience with this as I am ready to sell he set or ship back to ping for a new shafts after finding a “quality” Ping fitter.

Comments

• NessismNessism To measure is to know... Members Posts: 18,356 ✭✭

Huge shaft weight difference. Maybe try Modus 105? Great example of a "fitting" gone wrong.

Ping G400 driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Black 70S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S (i200 backups)
    Ping Glide 50/55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
    Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 Admiration is the state furthest from understanding. Members Posts: 19,891 ✭✭

Wait, wouldn't you have actually swung the new combo quite a bit during the fitting? How did they perform then?

Titleist 915 D4 10.5
    Callaway BBA 816 16
    Mizuno CLK 19, 22
    Mizuno JPX 900HM 5-Lw
    PING Sigma G Tyne
    Srixon Z-Star
    WITB
  • PokerilluminatiPokerilluminati Members Posts: 11 ✭✭

@Nessism said:
    Huge shaft weight difference. Maybe try Modus 105? Great example of a "fitting" gone wrong.

That’s the truth. I was set on the Modus 105 after the initial fitting. Ball flight and feel were what I was looking for.

@MadGolfer76 said:
    Wait, wouldn't you have actually swung the new combo quite a bit during the fitting? How did they perform then?

I swung both at both fittings. After first fitting where I was told black dot standard, I questioned the fitting and was fit by a Ping rep at a demo day. Ping rep suggested DG shafts. They were heavy, however was told the connector at the hosel was what caused it to swing heavy and that it would be lighter than the actual demo set up.
    Calling Ping tomorrow after another unsuccessful 2 hr range session trying to work things out.

• GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭

@Pokerilluminati said:

@Nessism said:

That’s the truth. I was set on the Modus 105 after the initial fitting. Ball flight and feel were what I was looking for.

@MadGolfer76 said:

I swung both at both fittings. After first fitting where I was told black dot standard, I questioned the fitting and was fit by a Ping rep at a demo day. Ping rep suggested DG shafts. They were heavy, however was told the connector at the hosel was what caused it to swing heavy and that it would be lighter than the actual demo set up.
    Calling Ping tomorrow after another unsuccessful 2 hr range session trying to work things out.

What was your ball flight and contact like at the fittings?

• NessismNessism To measure is to know... Members Posts: 18,356 ✭✭

The problem with so called fittings is that they are just a short time hitting balls. Many people can't discern differences in shafts over a period of time like that. It's always best to understand what you like and don't like about your current clubs and then make an intelligent change from that baseline. If you make drastic changes you better be cautious.

Ping G400 driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Black 70S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S (i200 backups)
    Ping Glide 50/55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
    Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"
  • indianalawnguyindianalawnguy Members Posts: 434 ✭✭

@Nessism said:

Agree with shaft weight and i also like the modus 105. The left shot may be a little from the club being too upright, but that would be a guess. The hose rockets are usually more of an inside swing path issue than a lie issue. Its still early in the season...keep working on it and im sure u will see better results. Im a huge fan of the iblade, i200, i210 and i500. Tim