Golf simulator at golf galaxy

JeshJesh Members Posts: 106 ✭✭

Do the rentable bays have spin rates as one of the stats they measure? And also are they actually accurate? I’ve read past threads where people say they are “juiced” but I really just want to get on a launch monitor to see what my true distances are and my driver spin rate

Comments

• shellbmbshellbmb Members Posts: 275 ✭✭✭✭

My golf galaxy just got Trackman last week so I'd say they are going to be as accurate as you can get indoors. Just make sure the altitude and temp settings are correct. They are replacing some old GC2 units which I think are also really good for indoors since they are camera based.

M4 Kuro Kage XD 60 TX
    Taylormade M2 15 Kuro Kage DC XM 70 TX
    Titeist 818h2 19 Atmos Blue
    Srixon z785 KBS Tour V
    Ping Glide Stealth 54/60
    TM Spider Sightline Face Balanced
  • JeshJesh Members Posts: 106 ✭✭

Mine has the trackman in the “fitting bays” but I wasn’t sure if you could actually rent time on those as well

• tucker500tucker500 Members Posts: 870 ✭✭✭✭✭

You will find 3-4 different units in GG stores.
    Not all locations use the same system, but I've heard GC2 is the more accurate for use indoors.

• kiwiikiwii Members Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭✭

The “juicing” is just a setting in the monitors program. If you just play around a little you’ll be able to see what the settings are.

'17 M1 460 9.5/ Rogue Silver
    XR '14 Pro/ PX LZ
    Adams 9031 18°/ Diamana WB
    716 AP24-pw/DG AMT S300
    '14 TM TP 52/56/60
    2014 Squareback/ Lamkin DE + 2 wraps
    Ogio Ozone, TM targa tour
    Tour Boost 360
    TM TP5/ Srixon Zstar XV
  • Xdmike20Xdmike20 Members Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

It also depends on if you are working with someone trying to sell you something. I was in one bay by myself testing a couple of my own irons out and one of the salesmen came and pulled me into another bay to talk about the new m5 irons and hit them compared to my clubs and even my own clubs went 15yds further in that bay

DRIVER- Cobra LTD (Ozik Black Tie)[/font][/color]
    3 WOOD- Cobra Fly-Z (Ozik White Tie)[/font][/color]
    HYBRID- Cobra Bio Cell (19* Project X)[/font][/color]
    IRONS- Cobra Pro CB 2008 (Soft stepped PX6.0)[/font][/color]
    GAP- Vokey SM4 50*[/font][/color]
    SAND- Vokey SM5 54* S grind[/font][/color]
    LOB- Vokey SM5 58* S grind[/font][/color]
    PUTTER- Odyssey O-works 1W red[/font][/color]
    BALL- Nike RZN Tour Platinum(until my stash is gone)[/font][/color]
  • matchavezmatchavez Aotearoa New ZealandUnregistered Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Whether you can trust them in their accuracy for totals as they would be outdoors, dunno.
    You can, however, trust almost any decent monitor to give you a reasonable assessment club-to-club. So while one club spins 3000, and the other 4000, it might really be 2750 - 3750, or something like that. But you'll see the "delta".

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file