midsize grip with driver, should irons also be midsize?

i bought a new driver and was fitted for midsize grip and it has actually been very comfortable and improved my driving. my irons are still using standard size grips. should i stay with the standard on irons or go with the midsize?

Comments

• rexrohrexroh Members Posts: 438 ✭✭

I tend to use the same grip for all clubs. Best thing would be to change one or two grips on your most used irons as a test. After a few rounds you will know what is best for you.

• thisjustanotherthisjustanother Members Posts: 18 ✭✭

@rexroh said:
    I tend to use the same grip for all clubs. Best thing would be to change one or two grips on your most used irons as a test. After a few rounds you will know what is best for you.

wasnt even thinking about doing a couple and testing it like that. dunce moment lol. definitly save me the 100 or so of regripping all of them. thank you for the suggestion

• MrFlapjackMrFlapjack Members Posts: 2,597 ✭✭

I use midsize on driver and standard on everything else. I think the midsize prevents me from turning it over too much.

Cobra LTD Pro HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
    Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
    Srixon Z U45 18, 20, 23 () (Testing Cobra F8 and Ping G 3 hybrids)
    Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX 7-PW, and Nike Vapor Fly 4-6 irons)
    RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX wedges 48, 52, 56 bent to 50, 54, 58)
    YES Milly - 100gm TLP. (Testing Ping Ketsch Mid)
  • indianalawnguyindianalawnguy Members Posts: 435 ✭✭

I like eve everything to be the same. Kind of like getting new tires for your car and putting 3 michelins and a goodyear on!!!!

• BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,633 ✭✭

Recently I just acquired some new to me clubs with midsized on their grips . They feel odd , but ok. Just kind of use whatever is new and free :).