midsize grip with driver, should irons also be midsize?

thisjustanother ·  
thisjustanotherthisjustanother  18WRX Points: 35Members Posts: 18 Bunkers

i bought a new driver and was fitted for midsize grip and it has actually been very comfortable and improved my driving. my irons are still using standard size grips. should i stay with the standard on irons or go with the midsize?

Posted:

Comments

• rexrohrexroh  467WRX Points: 91Members Posts: 467 Greens

I tend to use the same grip for all clubs. Best thing would be to change one or two grips on your most used irons as a test. After a few rounds you will know what is best for you.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • thisjustanotherthisjustanother  18WRX Points: 35Members Posts: 18 Bunkers

On -, @rexroh said:

I tend to use the same grip for all clubs. Best thing would be to change one or two grips on your most used irons as a test. After a few rounds you will know what is best for you.

wasnt even thinking about doing a couple and testing it like that. dunce moment lol. definitly save me the 100 or so of regripping all of them. thank you for the suggestion

Posted:
  • MrFlapjackMrFlapjack  2637WRX Points: 138Handicap: 3.6Members Posts: 2,637 Titanium Tees

I use midsize on driver and standard on everything else. I think the midsize prevents me from turning it over too much.

Posted:
    Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
    Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
    Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
    4 Hybrid...
    Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
    RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
    Ping Ketsch Mid 
  • indianalawnguyindianalawnguy  497WRX Points: 118Members Posts: 497 Greens

I like eve everything to be the same. Kind of like getting new tires for your car and putting 3 michelins and a goodyear on!!!!

Posted:
  • BB28403BB28403  4276WRX Points: 747Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Members Posts: 4,276 Titanium Tees

Recently I just acquired some new to me clubs with midsized on their grips . They feel odd , but ok. Just kind of use whatever is new and free :).

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.