Dynamic Gold AMT S300

MakidebinensMakidebinens Lynx ClanMembers Posts: 112 ✭✭

good day. I have an opportunity to pickup a set of 716 AP2's on a good deal but I am not familiar with the AMT S300 shaft.. can anyone tell me what might I expect to see the ball fly when i hit it?

"keep it in the short Grass"

Comments

• DMartiniDMartini NZMembers Posts: 27 ✭✭

details about DG AMT is still on the TT website, just not in the main shaft selection, i think under the classic shafts banner?

• Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers Posts: 23,070 ✭✭
    edited Apr 23, 2019 7:40am #3

They are the same profile as the classic Dynamic Gold, just get a little lighter as the clubs get longer. For some that weight reduction in the longer clubs might give a slight increase in launch but in general the best guess for anyone is that the flight will be pretty similar to what you get with TT DG's.

• MelloYelloMelloYello Upstate, SCMembers Posts: 3,236 ✭✭

I switched from 716 MB irons with regular S300 shafts to a set of 716 CB irons this year. The new CB set had AMT S300 shafts.

So far, so good. I appreciate how the set gradually works it way from 130g down to around 110g. The flight is very similar but the mid- and long-irons are easier to swing. I agree with @Stuart_G in that the launch may improve slightly in the long irons too. Maybe that is the shaft itself or me swinging it a little better, IDK.

Driver: TaylorMade M3 (10.5)
    Fairway: TaylorMade RBZ Black (16.5)
    Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics E8 (19)
    Irons: Titleist 716 CB (4-Pw)
    Wedges: Vokey SM6 52-F / 56-F / 60-S
    Putter: Nike Method Milled 003
  • MakidebinensMakidebinens Lynx Clan Members Posts: 112 ✭✭

Appreciate the comments/responses. That'll help in making a decision on going with the set. (716 AP2's with the AMT's)..

"keep it in the short Grass"
  • drscott266drscott266 Members Posts: 356 ✭✭

I play that set and think they feel slightly more approachable than straight DG300. I have a new set coming with AMT reds... same concept as what you are talking about but lighter throughout since that fits me better now.