Dynamic Gold AMT S300

Makidebinens ·  
MakidebinensMakidebinens Lynx Clan 137WRX Points: 39Members Posts: 137 Fairways

good day. I have an opportunity to pickup a set of 716 AP2's on a good deal but I am not familiar with the AMT S300 shaft.. can anyone tell me what might I expect to see the ball fly when i hit it?

Posted:
"keep it in the short Grass"

Comments

• DMartiniDMartini at home on the range 98WRX Points: 54Members Posts: 98 Fairways

details about DG AMT is still on the TT website, just not in the main shaft selection, i think under the classic shafts banner?

Posted:

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Stuart_GStuart_G New Hampshire 24627WRX Points: 1,378Members Posts: 24,627 Titanium Tees

They are the same profile as the classic Dynamic Gold, just get a little lighter as the clubs get longer. For some that weight reduction in the longer clubs might give a slight increase in launch but in general the best guess for anyone is that the flight will be pretty similar to what you get with TT DG's.

Posted:
  • MelloYelloMelloYello Upstate, SC 3737WRX Points: 966Handicap: 8Members Posts: 3,737 Titanium Tees

I switched from 716 MB irons with regular S300 shafts to a set of 716 CB irons this year. The new CB set had AMT S300 shafts.

So far, so good. I appreciate how the set gradually works it way from 130g down to around 110g. The flight is very similar but the mid- and long-irons are easier to swing. I agree with

On -, @Stuart_G in that the launch may improve slightly in the long irons too. Maybe that is the shaft itself or me swinging it a little better, IDK.
    Posted:
    Driver: M3 w. Tensei CK Pro Org.
    Fairway: M6 3w
    Hybrid: Tour Edge E8 (19, 22)
    Irons: 716 CB (5-Pw)
    Wedges: SM6 52-F / 56-F / 60-S
    Putter: Newport 2 Select
  • MakidebinensMakidebinens Lynx Clan  137WRX Points: 39Members Posts: 137 Fairways

Appreciate the comments/responses. That'll help in making a decision on going with the set. (716 AP2's with the AMT's)..

Posted:
    "keep it in the short Grass"
  • drscott266drscott266  539WRX Points: 173Members Posts: 539 Golden Tee

I play that set and think they feel slightly more approachable than straight DG300. I have a new set coming with AMT reds... same concept as what you are talking about but lighter throughout since that fits me better now.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.