Adjustable fairway woods.... do they work?

buckhorn70 ·  
buckhorn70buckhorn70  289WRX Points: 92Members Posts: 289 Greens

Have any of you guys been able to Truly manipulate your fairway wood distances by playing with the loft on any of the adjustable fairway woods?

Curious if there are on the course results?

Posted:

Comments

• pricenickypricenicky  155WRX Points: 98Handicap: 7.1Members Posts: 155 Fairways

yes for sure ! I had a new TS 2 15 * built with the new GD AD fairway wood shaft at 43.25 " .I moved up and down 3/4 degree and was trying to find the best off the fairway and suitable off the tee. THE STD SETTING GAVE ABOUT 7 YARDS MORE THAN THE PLUS 3/4 DEGREE .Dispersion was quite good .I went up and down a par 5 in the evening with 3 balls on each setting.It definitely does work in respect of apex, distance and I LOVE THE FLATTER SETTING .

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • RogerinNewZealandRogerinNewZealand Maungakeikei Auckland New Zealand 2729WRX Points: 249Members Posts: 2,729 Titanium Tees

Had a Cobra 5 wood last year that was 18 19 20ish and easily adjustable.Went back too a 915 recently and just landed a Cally mini 1.5 i have set at 13.Its 43 long so keen to hit it later today.After a mid launch Radar!.But i do have non adjustable driver G5 tee 16.5 and Vsteel 18☺☺☺

Posted:
    2020 mid Feb
    Good swing,rhythm
    Balance and grip

Nike vrs 3wd 15
    Titleist917F2 17.25!
    Ping G 7wd at 20

MP63  pw 987654

MD2 50S
    588 56 TourAction
    588 RTX 2 60/10
    ProPlatinumMidSLT
    Oct to March season

• Stuart_GStuart_G New Hampshire 24611WRX Points: 1,364Members Posts: 24,611 Titanium Tees

Distance no. Shot shape definitely - but then I'm fairly sensitive to the face angle changes.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.