Time for stands around #1 and #9 at the Augusta National

Big Cat 3Big Cat 3 Members Posts: 631 ✭✭

Nothing big ... just some stands. #1 is just a tough view with the steep hill starting so near by. # 9 approach is one of the great shots in golf and deserves to be seen by more patrons. # 18 can stay al natural.

Comments

• Big Cat 3Big Cat 3 Members Posts: 631 ✭✭

Great idea on 18 ! It gets dark there

• FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 4,663 ✭✭

They should provide more onsite parking for those ultra low cars with big mufflers.

• bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,807 ✭✭
    edited Apr 23, 2019 10:56am #6

@Ferguson said:
    They should provide more onsite parking for those ultra low cars with big mufflers.

The ones with the stuffed animals hanging from the rear bumper ?

TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    TM Tour M5 19.8 * Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX  
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members Posts: 3,434 ✭✭

If they are going to make improvements let’s get serious and put a waterfall behind the green on 12. That’s a glaring design flaw that could be easily fixed.

They should expand and rename Butler Cabin. It's should be called Hootie's Hideaway, RIP.

• gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,393 ✭✭

no way -- i cannot agree with this

Epic Flash SZ / 9* / DRIVER SHAFT TBD
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ / DF 70TX tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash / 5 / BF 90TX Tipped 1.75"
    785 / 3-PW / PX 7.0
    RTX4 / 52, 59 / DG S400
    SC Kombi-s / 35.5"

@Hawkeye77 said:
    Terrible idea. People walk in, walk by the clubhouse and can see an incredible view that you would totally spoil. No sense of anything related to the layout there in this idea. Surprising how they know what works.

Go to practice rounds then ... get the view, get spiritual or whatever. Then get the stands up and let's see the golf. Amen Corner is full of stands and that is Amen Corner. #1 needs some help anyway, a tough but bland hole.

• jonsnowjonsnow GeorgiaMembers Posts: 1,228 ✭✭

@bladehunter said:

@Ferguson said:

Those aren't stuffed. They were run over on the way to the course.

WITB:
    Titleist 910D3 9.5
    Titleist 917F2 15
    Titleist 910H 19
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 50,54,60
    Cameron Newport 2
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

Clubs are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination at any time...

@jonsnow said:

@bladehunter said:

@Ferguson said:

Those aren't stuffed. They were run over on the way to the course.

Masters Teddy Bears go for $225 but are stuffed and dated

• BrianMcGBrianMcG Members Posts: 2,264 ✭✭

They would have to put it on the putting green, and they would block the entire clubhouse. Just lol.

Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.
  • ray9898ray9898 Members Posts: 765 ✭✭

ehhhh....just no.

• imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,630 ✭✭

Will never happen

• hell_is_chromehell_is_chrome Members Posts: 937 ✭✭

@Big Cat 3 said:

@Hawkeye77 said:
    Terrible idea. People walk in, walk by the clubhouse and can see an incredible view that you would totally spoil. No sense of anything related to the layout there in this idea. Surprising how they know what works.

Go to practice rounds then ... get the view, get spiritual or whatever. Then get the stands up and let's see the golf. Amen Corner is full of stands and that is Amen Corner. #1 needs some help anyway, a tough but bland hole.

If I'm not mistaken the stands at Amen Corner are all behind the 12th tee and facilitate viewing for the whole area and don't block anything.

• bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 26,376 ✭✭

Now on the 1st tee

Tiger Woods

edited Apr 23, 2019 4:47pm #18

@bscinstnct said:
    Now on the 1st tee

Tiger Woods

Those are Bubba and Pat Reed fans ... cannot afford AN. That might be Pat Reed !

@hell_is_chrome said:

@Big Cat 3 said:

@Hawkeye77 said:

If I'm not mistaken the stands at Amen Corner are all behind the 12th tee and facilitate viewing for the whole area and don't block anything.

Block a bigger view ... right

@BrianMcG said:
    They would have to put it on the putting green, and they would block the entire clubhouse. Just lol.

You can put a putting green anywhere ... how many white cabins do you have to see ? besides an oak tree is in front of the club house. Let's see the golf!

• dmac4gdmac4g Members Posts: 1,258 ✭✭

Why not mount some seating on top of the clubhouse itself? From that elevation, you could see most of the course and don't forget a couple jumbo-trons while we are at it!

• BrianMcGBrianMcG Members Posts: 2,264 ✭✭

@Big Cat 3 said:

@BrianMcG said:

You can put a putting green anywhere ... how many white cabins do you have to see ? besides an oak tree is in front of the club house. Let's see the golf!

@Big Cat 3 said:

@BrianMcG said:

Great plan. Move the $100,000 putting green for some temporary stands that are used for one week.

Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.

@dmac4g said:
    Why not mount some seating on top of the clubhouse itself? From that elevation, you could see most of the course and don't forget a couple jumbo-trons while we are at it!

No jumbo-trons, just better viewing on, as of now, an over crowded, dull #1. If you ever attended the Masters, you would concur. And you cannot see most the course, just 9 green and some of the fairway, 7 greenside bunkers, and the hill coming down 18 tee, in the distance. Same view you see below #1 tee , which is cool, except you cannot see #1 tee. So go down there and stare away, if the scenery is your thing.
    Some small stands to the left of 1 tee wouldn't hurt anything (see the small set up at Sawgrass #1). Would actually add to the viewing delight and allow more to see a players opening tee shot. Great view of the white cabins too.
    Just a thought having been there for 3 days and numerous times prior. After the 1st time, the scenery becomes secondary to watching the golf. Stand arrangement elsewhere is cool, though I can see with the new room behind 14 and 5 , there could be stands added behind the tee box in time. No views compromised, for you scene guys.

@BrianMcG said:

@Big Cat 3 said:

@BrianMcG said:

@Big Cat 3 said:

@BrianMcG said:

Great plan. Move the $100,000 putting green for some temporary stands that are used for one week.

AN just paid 40 million for some deserted lots behind 5 ... doubt 100k matters a whole lot. Btw, there is a really nice putting green at the new range.

• Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,676 ClubWRX

And no surprise - a troll thread from the start.

Next a clown’s mouth mandatory on the 18th at St. Andrews.

@Big Cat 3 said:

@dmac4g said:

No jumbo-trons, just better viewing on, as of now, an over crowded, dull #1. If you ever attended the Masters, you would concur. And you cannot see most the course, just 9 green and some of the fairway, 7 greenside bunkers, and the hill coming down 18 tee, in the distance. Same view you see below #1 tee , which is cool, except you cannot see #1 tee. So go down there and stare away, if the scenery is your thing.
    Some small stands to the left of 1 tee wouldn't hurt anything (see the small set up at Sawgrass #1). Would actually add to the viewing delight and allow more to see a players opening tee shot. Great view of the white cabins too.
    Just a thought having been there for 3 days and numerous times prior. After the 1st time, the scenery becomes secondary to watching the golf. Stand arrangement elsewhere is cool, though I can see with the new room behind 14 and 5 , there could be stands added behind the tee box in time. No views compromised, for you scene guys.

Anybody who’s been more than once recently is dead to me. Lol ( a joke). But seriously. Who gets to go enough times that they no longer care about the scenery ? 1% of 1st world issues. I’d just like to get invited.

@Hawkeye77 said:

Never been there huh ... too bad. Then you would know what you are talking about.

edited Apr 23, 2019 7:13pm #28

@Big Cat 3 said:

@Hawkeye77 said:

Never been there huh ... too bad. Then you would know what you are talking about.

That won’t end well. He’s been several times as I recalll.

If we’re looking for a good idea. Banning all ticket resales. There’s an idea. Requiring photo ID should be easy enough to check

@bladehunter said:

@Big Cat 3 said:

@dmac4g said:

Anybody who’s been more than once recently is dead to me. Lol ( a joke). But seriously. Who gets to go enough times that they no longer care about the scenery ? 1% of 1st world issues. I’d just like to get invited.

There is plenty of scenery left , just need a better set up at the 1st tee. No big deal or change. AN used to allow only the back 9 to be shown on TV but they changed that. Plus, they changed almost every hole ( mainly, the ones that didn't need changed 4,5,11). AN is always changing ... with their resources they could come up with some thing good, they always do.

Spend the cash and go brother, it's worth it and you only have to really go once. I go for business that is why I've gone a few times. It's always fun, but could use stands on #1, no big deal. Btw, there are guys that give badges away, if they have them for multiple days, or go just for a few hours and then give them away. Don't believe it ... go hang out at TBones each evening. I do not do that ... I'm a 8 am to 8pm guy. Love the golf. This year the golf was superb.

@Big Cat 3 said:

@bladehunter said:

@Big Cat 3 said:

@dmac4g said:

There is plenty of scenery left , just need a better set up at the 1st tee. No big deal or change. AN used to allow only the back 9 to be shown on TV but they changed that. Plus, they changed almost every hole ( mainly, the ones that didn't need changed 4,5,11). AN is always changing ... with their resources they could come up with some thing good, they always do.

Spend the cash and go brother, it's worth it and you only have to really go once. I go for business that is why I've gone a few times. It's always fun, but could use stands on #1, no big deal. Btw, there are guys that give badges away, if they have them for multiple days, or go just for a few hours and then give them away. Don't believe it ... go hang out at TBones each evening. I do not do that ... I'm a 8 am to 8pm guy. Love the golf. This year the golf was superb.

Reminds me of My Cousin Vinny.
    "7 bushes"

@bladehunter said:

@Big Cat 3 said:

@Hawkeye77 said:

That won’t end well. He’s been several times as I recalll.

If we’re looking for a good idea. Banning all ticket resales. There’s an idea. Requiring photo ID should be easy enough to check

Oh big deal if that yellow bird fan has been there or not ... looks like another stalking internet tough guy, that doesn't want to see stands at #1 at AN blah blah blah.

With no scalping law ( unless 5k yards away or whatever it is). Resale is tough anyway. But you would be shocked by the amount of patrons that leave after a half day ( many, many, elderly patrons )... and you would had been shocked of the amount that left and didn't come back after the delay ( 20 minutes ) Friday, even with 4 hours of golf left! ( but glad they left, late Friday the golf was surreal).
    So not sure resale for the early outs is a big deal. And they are not getting a big price either. Two kids from Augusta (20-25) were saying they go every year for little or nothing around 1pm, just hang around Washington Road and are not afraid to ask ( some have to return badge to dealer).
    Bigger issue is what that Texas family was pulling or fraudulent badges.