Time for stands around #1 and #9 at the Augusta National

 Big Cat 3 ·  
Big Cat 3Big Cat 3  703WRX Points: 247Handicap: 4Members Posts: 703 Golden Tee
Joined:  in Tour Talk #1

Nothing big ... just some stands. #1 is just a tough view with the steep hill starting so near by. # 9 approach is one of the great shots in golf and deserves to be seen by more patrons. # 18 can stay al natural.

Posted:
«1
2

Comments

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Big Cat 3Big Cat 3  703WRX Points: 247Handicap: 4Members Posts: 703 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #3

    Great idea on 18 ! It gets dark there

    Posted:
  • FergusonFerguson  5691WRX Points: 2,988Handicap: 7.0Members Posts: 5,691 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #5

    They should provide more onsite parking for those ultra low cars with big mufflers.

    Posted:
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolina 30251WRX Points: 6,604Handicap: NONEMembers Posts: 30,251 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Apr 23, 2019 #6

    On -, @Ferguson said:

    They should provide more onsite parking for those ultra low cars with big mufflers.

    The ones with the stuffed animals hanging from the rear bumper ?

    Posted:
    TM SIM max 10.8 Fuji Ventus red 6x 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3- PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 1.5 009. Sound slot,  tungsten weights. 


  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing  3753WRX Points: 1,093Handicap: 4Members Posts: 3,753 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #7

    If they are going to make improvements let’s get serious and put a waterfall behind the green on 12. That’s a glaring design flaw that could be easily fixed.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • FergusonFerguson  5691WRX Points: 2,988Handicap: 7.0Members Posts: 5,691 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #8

    They should expand and rename Butler Cabin. It's should be called Hootie's Hideaway, RIP.

    Posted:
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJ 8091WRX Points: 1,343Handicap: +1.6 (1194646)Members Posts: 8,091 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #9

    no way -- i cannot agree with this

    Posted:

    Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set D/S) / Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

  • Big Cat 3Big Cat 3  703WRX Points: 247Handicap: 4Members Posts: 703 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #10

    On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

    Terrible idea. People walk in, walk by the clubhouse and can see an incredible view that you would totally spoil. No sense of anything related to the layout there in this idea. Surprising how they know what works.

    Go to practice rounds then ... get the view, get spiritual or whatever. Then get the stands up and let's see the golf. Amen Corner is full of stands and that is Amen Corner. #1 needs some help anyway, a tough but bland hole.

    Posted:
  • jonsnowjonsnow Georgia 1407WRX Points: 378Handicap: 8.3Members Posts: 1,407 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #11

    On -, @bladehunter said:

    On -, @Ferguson said:

    They should provide more onsite parking for those ultra low cars with big mufflers.

    The ones with the stuffed animals hanging from the rear bumper ?

    Those aren't stuffed. They were run over on the way to the course.

    Posted:
    WITB:
    Ping G410 Plus 9
    Ping G400 14.5
    Titleist 910H 19
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 50,54,60
    Cameron Newport 2
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

    Clubs are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination at any time...
  • Big Cat 3Big Cat 3  703WRX Points: 247Handicap: 4Members Posts: 703 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #12

    On -, @jonsnow said:

    On -, @bladehunter said:

    On -, @Ferguson said:

    They should provide more onsite parking for those ultra low cars with big mufflers.

    The ones with the stuffed animals hanging from the rear bumper ?

    Those aren't stuffed. They were run over on the way to the course.

    Masters Teddy Bears go for $225 but are stuffed and dated

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • BrianMcGBrianMcG  2377WRX Points: 664Members Posts: 2,377 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #13

    They would have to put it on the putting green, and they would block the entire clubhouse. Just lol.

    Posted:
    Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.
  • ray9898ray9898  862WRX Points: 271Members Posts: 862 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #14

    ehhhh....just no.

    Posted:
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy...  13138WRX Points: 1,001Handicap: 3.8Members Posts: 13,138 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #15

    Will never happen

    Posted:
  • hell_is_chromehell_is_chrome  1006WRX Points: 301Handicap: 5Members Posts: 1,006 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16

    On -, @Big Cat 3 said:

    On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

    Terrible idea. People walk in, walk by the clubhouse and can see an incredible view that you would totally spoil. No sense of anything related to the layout there in this idea. Surprising how they know what works.

    Go to practice rounds then ... get the view, get spiritual or whatever. Then get the stands up and let's see the golf. Amen Corner is full of stands and that is Amen Corner. #1 needs some help anyway, a tough but bland hole.

    If I'm not mistaken the stands at Amen Corner are all behind the 12th tee and facilitate viewing for the whole area and don't block anything.

    Posted:
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct  28313WRX Points: 4,721Members Posts: 28,313 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #17

    Now on the 1st tee

    Tiger Woods

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Big Cat 3Big Cat 3  703WRX Points: 247Handicap: 4Members Posts: 703 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Apr 23, 2019 #18

    On -, @bscinstnct said:

    Now on the 1st tee

    Tiger Woods


    Those are Bubba and Pat Reed fans ... cannot afford AN. That might be Pat Reed !

    Posted:
  • Big Cat 3Big Cat 3  703WRX Points: 247Handicap: 4Members Posts: 703 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #19

    On -, @****_is_chrome said:

    On -, @Big Cat 3 said:

    On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

    Terrible idea. People walk in, walk by the clubhouse and can see an incredible view that you would totally spoil. No sense of anything related to the layout there in this idea. Surprising how they know what works.

    Go to practice rounds then ... get the view, get spiritual or whatever. Then get the stands up and let's see the golf. Amen Corner is full of stands and that is Amen Corner. #1 needs some help anyway, a tough but bland hole.

    If I'm not mistaken the stands at Amen Corner are all behind the 12th tee and facilitate viewing for the whole area and don't block anything.

    Block a bigger view ... right

    Posted:
  • Big Cat 3Big Cat 3  703WRX Points: 247Handicap: 4Members Posts: 703 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #20

    On -, @BrianMcG said:

    They would have to put it on the putting green, and they would block the entire clubhouse. Just lol.

    You can put a putting green anywhere ... how many white cabins do you have to see ? besides an oak tree is in front of the club house. Let's see the golf!

    Posted:
  • dmac4gdmac4g  1330WRX Points: 213Members Posts: 1,330 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #21

    Why not mount some seating on top of the clubhouse itself? From that elevation, you could see most of the course and don't forget a couple jumbo-trons while we are at it!

    Posted:
  • BrianMcGBrianMcG  2377WRX Points: 664Members Posts: 2,377 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #22

    On -, @Big Cat 3 said:

    On -, @BrianMcG said:

    They would have to put it on the putting green, and they would block the entire clubhouse. Just lol.

    You can put a putting green anywhere ... how many white cabins do you have to see ? besides an oak tree is in front of the club house. Let's see the golf!

    On -, @Big Cat 3 said:

    On -, @BrianMcG said:

    They would have to put it on the putting green, and they would block the entire clubhouse. Just lol.

    You can put a putting green anywhere ... how many white cabins do you have to see ? besides an oak tree is in front of the club house. Let's see the golf!

    Great plan. Move the $100,000 putting green for some temporary stands that are used for one week.

    Posted:
    Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Big Cat 3Big Cat 3  703WRX Points: 247Handicap: 4Members Posts: 703 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #23

    On -, @dmac4g said:

    Why not mount some seating on top of the clubhouse itself? From that elevation, you could see most of the course and don't forget a couple jumbo-trons while we are at it!

    No jumbo-trons, just better viewing on, as of now, an over crowded, dull #1. If you ever attended the Masters, you would concur. And you cannot see most the course, just 9 green and some of the fairway, 7 greenside bunkers, and the hill coming down 18 tee, in the distance. Same view you see below #1 tee , which is cool, except you cannot see #1 tee. So go down there and stare away, if the scenery is your thing.
    Some small stands to the left of 1 tee wouldn't hurt anything (see the small set up at Sawgrass #1). Would actually add to the viewing delight and allow more to see a players opening tee shot. Great view of the white cabins too.
    Just a thought having been there for 3 days and numerous times prior. After the 1st time, the scenery becomes secondary to watching the golf. Stand arrangement elsewhere is cool, though I can see with the new room behind 14 and 5 , there could be stands added behind the tee box in time. No views compromised, for you scene guys.

    Posted:
  • Big Cat 3Big Cat 3  703WRX Points: 247Handicap: 4Members Posts: 703 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #24

    On -, @BrianMcG said:

    On -, @Big Cat 3 said:

    On -, @BrianMcG said:

    They would have to put it on the putting green, and they would block the entire clubhouse. Just lol.

    You can put a putting green anywhere ... how many white cabins do you have to see ? besides an oak tree is in front of the club house. Let's see the golf!

    On -, @Big Cat 3 said:

    On -, @BrianMcG said:

    They would have to put it on the putting green, and they would block the entire clubhouse. Just lol.

    You can put a putting green anywhere ... how many white cabins do you have to see ? besides an oak tree is in front of the club house. Let's see the golf!

    Great plan. Move the $100,000 putting green for some temporary stands that are used for one week.

    AN just paid 40 million for some deserted lots behind 5 ... doubt 100k matters a whole lot. Btw, there is a really nice putting green at the new range.

    Posted:
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Iowa 20457WRX Points: 4,367ClubWRX Posts: 20,457 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #25

    And no surprise - a troll thread from the start.

    Next a clown’s mouth mandatory on the 18th at St. Andrews.

    Posted:
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolina 30251WRX Points: 6,604Handicap: NONEMembers Posts: 30,251 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #26

    On -, @Big Cat 3 said:

    On -, @dmac4g said:

    Why not mount some seating on top of the clubhouse itself? From that elevation, you could see most of the course and don't forget a couple jumbo-trons while we are at it!

    No jumbo-trons, just better viewing on, as of now, an over crowded, dull #1. If you ever attended the Masters, you would concur. And you cannot see most the course, just 9 green and some of the fairway, 7 greenside bunkers, and the hill coming down 18 tee, in the distance. Same view you see below #1 tee , which is cool, except you cannot see #1 tee. So go down there and stare away, if the scenery is your thing.
    Some small stands to the left of 1 tee wouldn't hurt anything (see the small set up at Sawgrass #1). Would actually add to the viewing delight and allow more to see a players opening tee shot. Great view of the white cabins too.
    Just a thought having been there for 3 days and numerous times prior. After the 1st time, the scenery becomes secondary to watching the golf. Stand arrangement elsewhere is cool, though I can see with the new room behind 14 and 5 , there could be stands added behind the tee box in time. No views compromised, for you scene guys.

    Anybody who’s been more than once recently is dead to me. Lol ( a joke). But seriously. Who gets to go enough times that they no longer care about the scenery ? 1% of 1st world issues. I’d just like to get invited.

    Posted:
    TM SIM max 10.8 Fuji Ventus red 6x 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3- PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 1.5 009. Sound slot,  tungsten weights. 


  • Big Cat 3Big Cat 3  703WRX Points: 247Handicap: 4Members Posts: 703 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #27

    On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

    And no surprise - a troll thread from the start.

    Next a clown’s mouth mandatory on the 18th at St. Andrews.

    Never been there huh ... too bad. Then you would know what you are talking about.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolina 30251WRX Points: 6,604Handicap: NONEMembers Posts: 30,251 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Apr 23, 2019 #28

    On -, @Big Cat 3 said:

    On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

    And no surprise - a troll thread from the start.

    Next a clown’s mouth mandatory on the 18th at St. Andrews.

    Never been there huh ... too bad. Then you would know what you are talking about.

    That won’t end well. He’s been several times as I recalll.

    If we’re looking for a good idea. Banning all ticket resales. There’s an idea. Requiring photo ID should be easy enough to check

    Posted:
    TM SIM max 10.8 Fuji Ventus red 6x 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3- PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 1.5 009. Sound slot,  tungsten weights. 


  • Big Cat 3Big Cat 3  703WRX Points: 247Handicap: 4Members Posts: 703 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #29

    On -, @bladehunter said:

    On -, @Big Cat 3 said:

    On -, @dmac4g said:

    Why not mount some seating on top of the clubhouse itself? From that elevation, you could see most of the course and don't forget a couple jumbo-trons while we are at it!

    No jumbo-trons, just better viewing on, as of now, an over crowded, dull #1. If you ever attended the Masters, you would concur. And you cannot see most the course, just 9 green and some of the fairway, 7 greenside bunkers, and the hill coming down 18 tee, in the distance. Same view you see below #1 tee , which is cool, except you cannot see #1 tee. So go down there and stare away, if the scenery is your thing.
    Some small stands to the left of 1 tee wouldn't hurt anything (see the small set up at Sawgrass #1). Would actually add to the viewing delight and allow more to see a players opening tee shot. Great view of the white cabins too.
    Just a thought having been there for 3 days and numerous times prior. After the 1st time, the scenery becomes secondary to watching the golf. Stand arrangement elsewhere is cool, though I can see with the new room behind 14 and 5 , there could be stands added behind the tee box in time. No views compromised, for you scene guys.

    Anybody who’s been more than once recently is dead to me. Lol ( a joke). But seriously. Who gets to go enough times that they no longer care about the scenery ? 1% of 1st world issues. I’d just like to get invited.

    There is plenty of scenery left , just need a better set up at the 1st tee. No big deal or change. AN used to allow only the back 9 to be shown on TV but they changed that. Plus, they changed almost every hole ( mainly, the ones that didn't need changed 4,5,11). AN is always changing ... with their resources they could come up with some thing good, they always do.

    Spend the cash and go brother, it's worth it and you only have to really go once. I go for business that is why I've gone a few times. It's always fun, but could use stands on #1, no big deal. Btw, there are guys that give badges away, if they have them for multiple days, or go just for a few hours and then give them away. Don't believe it ... go hang out at TBones each evening. I do not do that ... I'm a 8 am to 8pm guy. Love the golf. This year the golf was superb.

    Posted:
  • FergusonFerguson  5691WRX Points: 2,988Handicap: 7.0Members Posts: 5,691 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #30

    On -, @Big Cat 3 said:

    On -, @bladehunter said:

    On -, @Big Cat 3 said:

    On -, @dmac4g said:

    Why not mount some seating on top of the clubhouse itself? From that elevation, you could see most of the course and don't forget a couple jumbo-trons while we are at it!

    No jumbo-trons, just better viewing on, as of now, an over crowded, dull #1. If you ever attended the Masters, you would concur. And you cannot see most the course, just 9 green and some of the fairway, 7 greenside bunkers, and the hill coming down 18 tee, in the distance. Same view you see below #1 tee , which is cool, except you cannot see #1 tee. So go down there and stare away, if the scenery is your thing.
    Some small stands to the left of 1 tee wouldn't hurt anything (see the small set up at Sawgrass #1). Would actually add to the viewing delight and allow more to see a players opening tee shot. Great view of the white cabins too.
    Just a thought having been there for 3 days and numerous times prior. After the 1st time, the scenery becomes secondary to watching the golf. Stand arrangement elsewhere is cool, though I can see with the new room behind 14 and 5 , there could be stands added behind the tee box in time. No views compromised, for you scene guys.

    Anybody who’s been more than once recently is dead to me. Lol ( a joke). But seriously. Who gets to go enough times that they no longer care about the scenery ? 1% of 1st world issues. I’d just like to get invited.

    There is plenty of scenery left , just need a better set up at the 1st tee. No big deal or change. AN used to allow only the back 9 to be shown on TV but they changed that. Plus, they changed almost every hole ( mainly, the ones that didn't need changed 4,5,11). AN is always changing ... with their resources they could come up with some thing good, they always do.

    Spend the cash and go brother, it's worth it and you only have to really go once. I go for business that is why I've gone a few times. It's always fun, but could use stands on #1, no big deal. Btw, there are guys that give badges away, if they have them for multiple days, or go just for a few hours and then give them away. Don't believe it ... go hang out at TBones each evening. I do not do that ... I'm a 8 am to 8pm guy. Love the golf. This year the golf was superb.

    Reminds me of My Cousin Vinny.
    "7 bushes"

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Big Cat 3Big Cat 3  703WRX Points: 247Handicap: 4Members Posts: 703 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #31

    On -, @bladehunter said:

    On -, @Big Cat 3 said:

    On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

    And no surprise - a troll thread from the start.

    Next a clown’s mouth mandatory on the 18th at St. Andrews.

    Never been there huh ... too bad. Then you would know what you are talking about.

    That won’t end well. He’s been several times as I recalll.

    If we’re looking for a good idea. Banning all ticket resales. There’s an idea. Requiring photo ID should be easy enough to check

    Oh big deal if that yellow bird fan has been there or not ... looks like another stalking internet tough guy, that doesn't want to see stands at #1 at AN blah blah blah.

    With no scalping law ( unless 5k yards away or whatever it is). Resale is tough anyway. But you would be shocked by the amount of patrons that leave after a half day ( many, many, elderly patrons )... and you would had been shocked of the amount that left and didn't come back after the delay ( 20 minutes ) Friday, even with 4 hours of golf left! ( but glad they left, late Friday the golf was surreal).
    So not sure resale for the early outs is a big deal. And they are not getting a big price either. Two kids from Augusta (20-25) were saying they go every year for little or nothing around 1pm, just hang around Washington Road and are not afraid to ask ( some have to return badge to dealer).
    Bigger issue is what that Texas family was pulling or fraudulent badges.

    Posted:
2

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.