The Great Masters Heist

CCTxGolfCCTxGolf Going to the Masters...SomedayCorpus ChristiMembers Posts: 781 ✭✭
Driver - Callaway EPIC SZ 10.5*
Fairway Wood - Titleist 917 F2 16.5* and 21*
Irons - Titleist AP2 4-PW
Wedges - Titleist SM 5 52*, Titleist SM 6 56* and 60*
Putter - Scotty Cameron Golo 5 or Odyssey Toe Up #1
«13

Comments

  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 11,826 ✭✭

    There's money to made. **** business is always in play

    Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Oban Kiyoshi White 65s
    Ping G25 7w 20* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Ping G25 4h 23* Diamana White 92s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping s55 6-PW Fujikura mci 100s
    Vokey sm2 50* 54* 59* 64* DG s400 Onyx
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • tideridertiderider Members Posts: 1,624 ✭✭

    sooooo, that scheme lasted 5 years or so? ...

    asking for a friend ...

  • redfirebird08redfirebird08 Members Posts: 7,916 ✭✭

    Expected this to be about Tiger (and the 12th hole) stealing the jacket from Molinari/Koepka.

  • mattw387mattw387 Members Posts: 156 ✭✭

    Good - make an example out of them. There are people who desperately want to go who can't afford to pay the prices from ticket resellers like this family!

  • 3jacker3jacker Members Posts: 1,004 ✭✭

    Meh. Not the most heinous thing I've ever heard of.

    Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
    TM V-Steel 4wd Protopype 80X
    Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
    Callaway Apex MB 4-PW KBS C-Taper X
    Cleveland 52*/58* CG10 KBS C-Taper X
    Sizemore XB-1
  • mankumanku Members Posts: 702 ✭✭

    This would help explain why my family has never been selected...my guess is that there are others gaming the system as well. Where there is an easy four digit guaranteed profit, expect there to be shysters at play!

  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,669 ClubWRX

    You don’t tug on Superman’s cape!

  • FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 4,641 ✭✭

    @Hawkeye77 said:
    You don’t tug on Superman’s cape!

    Don't mess around with Jim.

  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,586 ✭✭
    edited Apr 23, 2019 5:58pm #11

    Just like Augusta to go after the little guy when there are larger corporations who abuse the system from the top.
    Anyone you know could have come up with that scheme. Instead of filing charges they could have just cancelled their tickets and warned them . It’s not like they will serve any time with a competent lawyer.
    Next years tickets will be double the cost if you do not win the so called “lottery”.

  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,586 ✭✭

    @redfirebird08 said:
    Expected this to be about Tiger (and the 12th hole) stealing the jacket from ...

    Why what do you mean good sir? Are you insinuating that something fishy could have happened to produce the winner?
    That’s just mind boggling! Gasp

  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,586 ✭✭

    @bladehunter said:

    @Hawkeye77 said:
    You don’t tug on Superman’s cape!

    True story. My 10 year old has been indoctrinated into a vast variety of music tastes. Basically because I like a lot of music types and eras and im his driver. Lol.

    Anyway. He plays 1st base on his baseball team. A mouthy kid had gotten on base several times and stole 2nd at will all night.

    Well my kid gets the call to pitch in the 4th inning. Same kid walks and is on 1st. Without a word to anyone my kid looks into the plate and ignores the runner. Appears to be going to come set and pitch when the runner takes off for second. He steps off the rubber. Spins around and runs directly toward the kid trying to steal. He hadn’t made it half way yet. Rather than go back the kid continues on and my boy stretches out and lays a hard tag on him. Knocking them both down and the baserunner is out.

    So the inning ends and he comes back to the dugout and I said “ what was that man , would have been easier to throw him out “ ( I said in a joking way). His reply. Stone faced. “ you don’t tug on Superman’s cape “ I thought I would die laughing.

    That’s awesome. I used to pitch and no one tried to steal on me , it really does irk you.

  • ray9898ray9898 Members Posts: 765 ✭✭

    @BB28403 said:
    Just like Augusta to go after the little guy when there are larger corporations who abuse the system from the top.
    Anyone you know could have come up with that scheme. Instead of filing charges they could have just cancelled their tickets and warned them . It’s not like they will serve any time with a competent lawyer.
    Next years tickets will be double the cost if you do not win the so called “lottery”.

    This is about identity theft, the Masters tickets were just the proceeds of the crime.

  • CCTxGolfCCTxGolf Going to the Masters...Someday Corpus ChristiMembers Posts: 781 ✭✭

    @BB28403 said:
    Just like Augusta to go after the little guy when there are larger corporations who abuse the system from the top.
    Anyone you know could have come up with that scheme. Instead of filing charges they could have just cancelled their tickets and warned them . It’s not like they will serve any time with a competent lawyer.
    Next years tickets will be double the cost if you do not win the so called “lottery”.

    I have to disagree. No telling how much money (tens of thousands of $$ I’m assuming) was illegally obtained due to this scheme. This is very big business not just a couple kids making up fake email addresses.

    Driver - Callaway EPIC SZ 10.5*
    Fairway Wood - Titleist 917 F2 16.5* and 21*
    Irons - Titleist AP2 4-PW
    Wedges - Titleist SM 5 52*, Titleist SM 6 56* and 60*
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Golo 5 or Odyssey Toe Up #1
  • ray9898ray9898 Members Posts: 765 ✭✭
    edited Apr 23, 2019 7:41pm #17

    @CCTxGolf said:

    I have to disagree. No telling how much money (tens of thousands of $$ I’m assuming) was illegally obtained due to this scheme. This is very big business not just a couple kids making up fake email addresses.

    They even took it to the next level, on the accounts where they successfully won tickets they had to contact ANGC to change the shipping address to one they had control of. They created fake driver's licenses and utility bills in the names of their victims as the supporting documents for this change.

    Post edited by ray9898 on
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,586 ✭✭

    @CCTxGolf said:

    @BB28403 said:
    Just like Augusta to go after the little guy when there are larger corporations who abuse the system from the top.
    Anyone you know could have come up with that scheme. Instead of filing charges they could have just cancelled their tickets and warned them . It’s not like they will serve any time with a competent lawyer.
    Next years tickets will be double the cost if you do not win the so called “lottery”.

    I have to disagree. No telling how much money (tens of thousands of $$ I’m assuming) was illegally obtained due to this scheme. This is very big business not just a couple kids making up fake email addresses.

    And yet you don’t think the large corporations in Manhattan have back channels to get all their people to the masters? Where is the fair in that?
    I’m sure it’s these corporations complaining that joe blow gets to go , and so Augusta put the hurt on the white trash people with high speed DSL down in Texas.
    Prob going to send those passes straight to Goldman Sachs for next year.

  • CCTxGolfCCTxGolf Going to the Masters...Someday Corpus ChristiMembers Posts: 781 ✭✭
    edited Apr 23, 2019 7:06pm #20

    @BB28403 said:

    @CCTxGolf said:

    @BB28403 said:
    Just like Augusta to go after the little guy when there are larger corporations who abuse the system from the top.
    Anyone you know could have come up with that scheme. Instead of filing charges they could have just cancelled their tickets and warned them . It’s not like they will serve any time with a competent lawyer.
    Next years tickets will be double the cost if you do not win the so called “lottery”.

    I have to disagree. No telling how much money (tens of thousands of $$ I’m assuming) was illegally obtained due to this scheme. This is very big business not just a couple kids making up fake email addresses.

    And yet you don’t think the large corporations in Manhattan have back channels to get all their people to the masters? Where is the fair in that?
    I’m sure it’s these corporations complaining that joe blow gets to go , and so Augusta put the hurt on the white trash people with high speed DSL down in Texas.
    Prob going to send those passes straight to Goldman Sachs for next year.

    But the people at Goldman Sachs are paying for the tickets. The family in Texas is basically steeling the tickets.

    The only tickets that us common folk have a chance of obtaining are those in the lottery. These people made that pool much more crowded and hard to win.

    Goldman Sachs (or whoever else you are mad at) are always gonna get their tickets. And they are always going to pay handsomely for them.

    They (GS) are not **** you man. The people scamming the lottery are.

    Driver - Callaway EPIC SZ 10.5*
    Fairway Wood - Titleist 917 F2 16.5* and 21*
    Irons - Titleist AP2 4-PW
    Wedges - Titleist SM 5 52*, Titleist SM 6 56* and 60*
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Golo 5 or Odyssey Toe Up #1
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,586 ✭✭

    @CCTxGolf said:

    @BB28403 said:

    @CCTxGolf said:

    @BB28403 said:
    Just like Augusta to go after the little guy when there are larger corporations who abuse the system from the top.
    Anyone you know could have come up with that scheme. Instead of filing charges they could have just cancelled their tickets and warned them . It’s not like they will serve any time with a competent lawyer.
    Next years tickets will be double the cost if you do not win the so called “lottery”.

    I have to disagree. No telling how much money (tens of thousands of $$ I’m assuming) was illegally obtained due to this scheme. This is very big business not just a couple kids making up fake email addresses.

    And yet you don’t think the large corporations in Manhattan have back channels to get all their people to the masters? Where is the fair in that?
    I’m sure it’s these corporations complaining that joe blow gets to go , and so Augusta put the hurt on the white trash people with high speed DSL down in Texas.
    Prob going to send those passes straight to Goldman Sachs for next year.

    But the people at Goldman Sachs are paying for the tickets. The family in Texas is basically steeling the tickets.

    The only tickets that us common folk have a chance of obtaining are those in the lottery. These people made that pool much more crowded and hard to win.

    Goldman Sachs (or whoever else you are mad at) are always gonna get their tickets. And they are always going to pay handsomely for them.

    They (GS) are not **** you man. The people scamming the lottery are.

    I’m just saying the bigger issue is that people of privilege get first dibs on all the Masters tickets. So that is the problem Augusta should address.

  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members Posts: 3,432 ✭✭

    Privilege means first dibs - what good are privileges if you just have to wait and try your luck like everyone else? Allowing affluent customers to purchase premium badges is not a “problem”, there is nothing about that system to fix or address.

  • pmadden86pmadden86 Members Posts: 359 ✭✭

    anyone know how these guys can sell masters tickets and ANGC are ok with it?
    https://www.yourgolftravel.com/us-masters
    Yet if i put in two applications at the same address and they find out, i get stiffed.

  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,669 ClubWRX

    @BB28403 said:
    Just like Augusta to go after the little guy when there are larger corporations who abuse the system from the top.
    Anyone you know could have come up with that scheme. Instead of filing charges they could have just cancelled their tickets and warned them . It’s not like they will serve any time with a competent lawyer.
    Next years tickets will be double the cost if you do not win the so called “lottery”.

    People the U.S. Attorney's Office is prosecuting for federal crimes including identity theft are the "little guy" and should just get a little warning?

    And your solution is next year's ILLEGAL tickets obtained with stolen identities should cost them more?

    Oh boy.

  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,586 ✭✭

    @Hawkeye77 said:

    @BB28403 said:
    Just like Augusta to go after the little guy when there are larger corporations who abuse the system from the top.
    Anyone you know could have come up with that scheme. Instead of filing charges they could have just cancelled their tickets and warned them . It’s not like they will serve any time with a competent lawyer.
    Next years tickets will be double the cost if you do not win the so called “lottery”.

    People the U.S. Attorney's Office is prosecuting for federal crimes including identity theft are the "little guy" and should just get a little warning?

    And your solution is next year's ILLEGAL tickets obtained with stolen identities should cost them more?

    Oh boy.

    It was a separate thought. My apologies. I am saying the “on the street tickets” will cost double now that tiger won this year.

  • BlackDiamondPar5BlackDiamondPar5 Members Posts: 5,201 ✭✭

    Easy way to solve all this ticket nonsense be it for sports, concerts etc--- make it a crime to sell anything over face value.

  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,586 ✭✭
    edited Apr 23, 2019 9:24pm #27

    @golfandfishing said:
    Privilege means first dibs - what good are privileges if you just have to wait and try your luck like everyone else? Allowing affluent customers to purchase premium badges is not a “problem”, there is nothing about that system to fix or address.

    Is that a fair system? Shouldn’t everyone have the same chance to attend the hottest tourney of the year.
    And if not, why should the people support this charade any longer?

  • Roadking2003Roadking2003 AustinMembers Posts: 5,268 ✭✭

    @redfirebird08 said:
    Expected this to be about Tiger (and the 12th hole) stealing the jacket from Molinari/Koepka.

    It was more like they gave it to him...hitting in the water.

  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members Posts: 3,432 ✭✭

    @BB28403 said:

    @golfandfishing said:
    Privilege means first dibs - what good are privileges if you just have to wait and try your luck like everyone else? Allowing affluent customers to purchase premium badges is not a “problem”, there is nothing about that system to fix or address.

    Is that a fair system? Shouldn’t everyone have the same chance to attend the hottest tourney of the year.
    And if not, why should the people support this charade any longer?

    It is a totally fair system. The premium tickets that you are referring to go to entities that support the club far greater than those of us in the lottery.

  • CCTxGolfCCTxGolf Going to the Masters...Someday Corpus ChristiMembers Posts: 781 ✭✭
    edited Apr 23, 2019 9:59pm #30

    @BB28403 said:

    @golfandfishing said:
    Privilege means first dibs - what good are privileges if you just have to wait and try your luck like everyone else? Allowing affluent customers to purchase premium badges is not a “problem”, there is nothing about that system to fix or address.

    Is that a fair system? Shouldn’t everyone have the same chance to attend the hottest tourney of the year.
    And if not, why should the people support this charade any longer?

    It’s easy. Stop supporting the masters. You’ve obviously got a beef. Take as many people with you as you can and see what happens. A golf forum is probably not the best place to gain support.

    Driver - Callaway EPIC SZ 10.5*
    Fairway Wood - Titleist 917 F2 16.5* and 21*
    Irons - Titleist AP2 4-PW
    Wedges - Titleist SM 5 52*, Titleist SM 6 56* and 60*
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Golo 5 or Odyssey Toe Up #1
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,586 ✭✭

    @golfandfishing said:

    @BB28403 said:

    @golfandfishing said:
    Privilege means first dibs - what good are privileges if you just have to wait and try your luck like everyone else? Allowing affluent customers to purchase premium badges is not a “problem”, there is nothing about that system to fix or address.

    Is that a fair system? Shouldn’t everyone have the same chance to attend the hottest tourney of the year.
    And if not, why should the people support this charade any longer?

    It is a totally fair system. The premium tickets that you are referring to go to entities that support the club far greater than those of us in the lottery.

    I do not think you can think of Augusta as a little old club like Arnold's in Latrobe .
    Augusta may be worth billions , easily.

Sign In or Register to comment.