Voice Caddie SC300 review
After much deliberation and research I decided to get the SC300 Voice Caddie for my personal use. I thought I'd share my thoughts on it after 2 weeks of use in case anyone else was interested in this product.
I always wanted something with instant feedback so I can dial in my irons and wedges. I know how far I hit them full swing, but not so much when I have to hit half or 3/4 shots.
After a lot of reading and consulting with a friend of mine that runs a local club fitting store, I settled on the SC300 for a few reasons.
- Instant feedback on your shot and you don't have to look at your tablet or smart phone after each shot.
- Easy to switch between clubs with the provided remote
- The target mode really does give you accurate distances for your wedge practice. (this was my primary reason for purchasing, dialing in wedges from anything inside 125 yards.)
- It provides you Launch, Swing and ball speed, Smash factor, Apex of your shot and of course distance
- Using a range finder to double check, the distances it calculated were within 1-3 yards.
- Lithium recharging battery with 12 hours of life
- Orange back drop screen with Black digital numbers makes it easy to see in the sun
- You can sync it to a smart phone or table to review your data. I haven't tried this yet, but it is part of the app you download.
- With the app you can update the firmware easily
- Blue tooth sync
- Voice - calls out the distances to you while you're hitting so you don't have to look all the time.
- No Spin rate
- Price is a bit steep and you have to buy the case separately most of the time.
- You will occasionally hit a 272 yard 4 iron as it occasionally will misread the shot
- It sometimes does not register a shot or it will throw in the odd result, but overall it's pretty decent
If you want to use it to work on your distance control it's pretty awesome, for the price. If you're trying to fit yourself by trying different clubs and such to see which one performs better, or swapping shafts in Drivers etc, it's not really going to help on that other that seeing the difference in Smash, distance, apex, etc.... Without spin, you're missing a key ingredient for accurate comparison.
Overall I really like it and after playing two rounds after spending about 8 hours practicing with it, I can see an improvement in my club selection and my greens in reg because I'm more confident I know my full, 3/4 or half shot distances better.
Anyway, hope this helps.
Taylormade sim Max 15 VA Slay 75S 42.5
Taylormade SIM Ti 5 wood Tensei Orange 75x
Callaway UT 21 Project X 6.5
Callaway Apex Pro Dot DG X100 AMT Tour issue Black
Callaway MD5 50, 54, 58