Simple cheap reliable rangefinder

As the title reads . Just need a device that can give me yardage to a specific point is all ( ie . Pin, edge of bunker , tree etc) . Thanks for the input

Comments

• ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy Sioux Falls, SDClubWRX Posts: 1,499 ClubWRX

Look for a used one or older clearanced model. I've had the same Leupold for 6 years and it's worked great, only replaced the battery twice. Others love Bushnell and I know there are other brands too.

> See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
    TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1
  • swgolferswgolfer GoLow2 Members Posts: 314 ✭✭

As discussed all over this Forum the PP Nx7 or the Golf Buddy LR7 are great options at significantly less than the Bushnell's and work as well or better!

• jpdxjpdx Members Posts: 1,598 ✭✭

I really like my Costco special CaddyTek and includes slope if you want it - sometimes it goes on sale for $99.99 normal $129.99

Srixon z785 hzrdus black 6.5
    Nike
    Vapor Fly 3 wood 15* Diamana Blueboard
    Nike
    Vapor Fly 3 hybrid 20* Diamana Blueboard
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4 DG Pro s300 -2*
    Nike
    Vapor Pro 4-PW DG s300 -2*
    Nike
    Engage 54* SS and 58* DS
    Nike Method Matter m4-12
    Nike Air Hybrid II Bag

b-team/travel bag
    Nike Vapor Flex 440 driver 9.5* Diamana Blueboard
    Nike Vapor Pro driver 11.5* Diamana Blueboard
    Taylormade Burner 2.0 3 wood stock r flex shaft
    Taylormade Burner 2.0 3 hybrid stock r flex haft

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4-AW DG Pro S300 -2*
    Nike Engage 50* SS 54* SS 60* DS
    Nike Method Origin b2-01
    Cure CX-2
    Nike Air Sport II and Hyperadapt
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,576 ✭✭

I got a bushnell 2 on the bay last year for an $80 auction. No slope :/. However it’s pretty nice .
    Showed it to my coach and said “sorry it’s the older model”
    He said “dude this thing is brand new!”

• MelloYelloMelloYello Upstate, SCMembers Posts: 3,229 ✭✭

Golf Buddy LR5 can be had new for $125.

Looks and functions just like any of the expensive models minus the slope feature.

Driver: TaylorMade M3 (10.5)
    Fairway: TaylorMade RBZ Black (16.5)
    Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics E8 (19)
    Irons: Titleist 716 CB (4-Pw)
    Wedges: Vokey SM6 52-F / 56-F / 60-S
    Putter: Nike Method Milled 003
  • rstlnerstlne AEIOU and sometimes Y West CoastClubWRX Posts: 205 ✭✭

I've been using the MG Golf slope rangefinder (MG 600s) for a few years now and it does the job, $120. Replaced the battery once so far (2-3 years of usage, 80 or so rounds per year) . Non slope is a bit cheaper. Precision Pro may be my next one if this MG ever dies, I think their customer care and free battery replacement shows they want to take care of their customers.

• SC4lifeSC4life Members Posts: 58 ✭✭

@jpdx said:
    I really like my Costco special CaddyTek and includes slope if you want it - sometimes it goes on sale for $99.99 normal $129.99

Totally agree. I have had mine for about 6 months now and it works great. It locks on the target very fast.

• GautamaGautama Members Posts: 754 ✭✭

I still think the old Bushnell Pinseeker 1600s were one of the best ever. Love the 7x power, and actually prefer the stability of the slightly larger size. Built like tanks too. Under $100 on eBay all the time.

"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom
  • Arlin964Arlin964 Members Posts: 78 ✭✭

Another vote for Precision Pro (I have the midrange, non slope model). Pretty good price and I’m very happy with performance. They also posted a thread on here offering replacement batteries for free, regardless of the brand of the device. That’s pretty cool.

TaylorMade R1 10.5*
    Ping Anser 3w
    Callaway Rogue X - 3h, 4h, 5h
    Nickent 6DX - 6-PW
    Wilson Staff PMP 50*
    Cleveland CBX 56*
    Odyssey #7s O-Works
  • swgolferswgolfer GoLow2 Members Posts: 314 ✭✭

Agree on the Bushnell 1600 SC4Life, the technology was not as good back then but the units were high quality construction, most of Bushnell's product now is cheap plastic construction and will not stand the test of time, obviously they build them that way for a reason.....they want you to buy one every couple years!

• J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,356 ✭✭

I have one of the original Bushnell's and it won't die. Replace the battery and it just keeps going. I kinda want it to break so i can get a smaller unit but it works perfectly after 8 years.

Driver - TBD
    Nike VR Pro LTD 15* / Aldila RIP 80X
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey White Hot Versa #6 Tour issue
    Srixon Zstar XV

GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub

GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
  • CwingCwing Members Posts: 8,047 ✭✭

Loving my Precision Pro

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G25 5-U (coming soon = G410)
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
  • HiSpeed48HiSpeed48 Members Posts: 2,108 ✭✭

I bought my Callaway LR550 (made by Nikon) used on Ebay about 7 years ago and it's still running strong. I'm convinced that its indestructible, considering how much abuse I give it. I'm not sure how Nikon's newer models compare but check them out.

Titleist 910D2 9.5* Tour Issue
    TEE XCG7 15*
    Srixon Z545 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 46* 50* 54* 58*
    John Byron DaleHead 2
  • FinnerFinner Members Posts: 22 ✭✭

I'll add another voice to the Precision Pro. I love my NX7 Pro. Quick in finding the target yardage, simple to use and free batteries for life of the product. Plus, the price you pay is MUCH lower than the top end units, yet on par with the performance.

• jcorna01jcorna01 Members Posts: 608 ✭✭

I was all in on buying a Precision Pro, but what’s the downside to the Costco Caddytek with slope for $130? I see they have one with jolt for another $10 or so.

• SC4lifeSC4life Members Posts: 58 ✭✭

@jcorna01 I have no experience with the Precision Pro but they look like really nice rangefinders. My previous rangefinder was a Bushnell 1500 (hunting version) and I now have the Caddytek. I have had it for about 6 months and I really like it. It locks on the flag faster than my Bushnell did although I think it had alignment issues. One thing you get with the Precision Pro is support from someone who frequents WRX and definitely stands behind his product. I am probably not much help in making your decision but I just wanted you to know the Caddtek is a very good rangefinder.

• CwingCwing Members Posts: 8,047 ✭✭
    edited May 2, 2019 11:38pm #19

I moved away from Caddytek slope to Precision Pro w/slope and vibration. Absolutely nothing wrong with the caddytek but the Precision Pro is better in every way. It locks in faster, easier and the vibration is fantastic. I always hit the pin twice with Caddytek to be sure but no need with Precision Pro.

Caddytek went to a buddy and I have zero regrets for moving away from it. Precision Pro is also locally owned (Cincinnati, Ohio). Ive also met a Precision Pro’s Adam at a couple of demos. I would absolutely go with Precision Pro again. Great people.

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G25 5-U (coming soon = G410)
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
  • GirevikGirevik Thrifty Scott Members Posts: 682 ✭✭

I've got an older version of this and have been really happy with it: https://www.amazon.com/Breaking-80-Golf-Rangefinder-Accessory/dp/B07DFNR1H9

Sto Pro Veritate