Too far from the ball?

GolfChannel ·  
GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, Florida 2452WRX Points: 721Handicap: 0.9Members Posts: 2,452 Platinum Tees

What is the general consensus on a proper setup?

I grew up idolizing Faldo so for the majority of my life I have had the head, hands, and toes in a line down to the ground. I was always someone who preferred the hands as close to the body as possible, but as I have improved my game I am finding this leading to more and more issues with consistency.

I have recently started "reaching" more for the ball lining up with my hands over my toes but a lot more waste bend so my eyes feel like they are out beyond my toes. I feel like I am reaching for it in the setup, but in the swing itself I feel like I can go as hard as I want without any issue (once the swing starts the "reaching" feeling disappears). Is this a just a case of the feels not matching reality? I have put myself on video and though it feels like I am majorly reaching for it I'm not really reaching for it at all.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Posted:
Driver: Ping G410 Plus w/Tensei Orange
3 Wood: Titleist TS2 w/HZRDUS Smoke
Hybrid: Titleist 718 H2 w/Atmos Blue TS 
Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and 58
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Bridgestone XS

Comments

• SNIPERBBBSNIPERBBB Hit Ball Hard SE Ohio 3126WRX Points: 764Handicap: 2.9Members Posts: 3,126 Titanium Tees

Should only reach a tad for driver.

Posted:
    2016 M1 9.5 tuned to 7.5
    TM r15 3 wood
    Adams Idea Pro 2h/4h
    Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
    Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
    Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
    Vokey SM7 58* M Grind

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.