Putting Posture

I've been fit for a putter and ended up with 36" and 74 upright. I was asked to setup over a putt for what i felt was comfortable. This ended up as a fairly upright posture. But the more I see better putters or guys on tv, the more I realize i'm probably too upright. I can get my eyes over or just to the inside of a ball with any posture by altering ball position. So how do we determine the best posture. I'm guessing this also affects path of stroke. Is there a recommended method to determine best posture, or is it really as simple as what feels comfortable. I'd like to find the correct posture that best suits me and then be fit for putter, rather than the opposite.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

Comments

• Roy D MercerRoy D Mercer Members Posts: 56 ✭✭

The "best posture" puts your hands directly under your shoulders, your forearms in the same "plane" as the putter shaft, your eyes directly over the point there the putter would strike the ball with the back of your head "flat" so that your eyes are aimed directly out of the eye sockets. In other words, your head is not "slanted" thus forcing your eyes to look out as if you are reading a book. That distorts the target image for the brain. There are options to how far away from the ball you feel best... i.e. Fowler stands taller / upright v Phil v Nicklaus. I like fowlers stroke allot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file