Adams Red Hybrid Plate Broken

GD1634GD1634 Members Posts: 11 ✭✭

Hello,
I bought a mint 18 degree Adams Red Hybrid about two years ago from Global Golf, but a few days ago, the red plate that holds in the weights broke off a few days ago. I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know where to find one of the plates? Other than the plate, the club is completely intact. I've got the weights, screws, and even the plate, although it's in a few pieces now. I've called Global Golf and TaylorMade, but both said they couldn't help. If possible, is there a way to fix the plate? The two screws broke off circular areas on the plate where they held it in, but other than two bigger screw slots, the plate's fine. I would appreciate any help on this if possible. If I need to post this elsewhere, let me know.
Thank you!

Comments

• LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OHMembers Posts: 2,123 ✭✭
    edited Apr 24, 2019 12:43am #2

Find a cheap hybrid on ebay. Next time don't over tighten the screws or it will break again.

PING G410 9* PX Evenflow Black 75 6.0
    PING G410 LST 3w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 5w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 4-PW AWT 2 0 stiff
    PING Stealth Glide 2.0 50ss/54ss/58ss
    PING Sigam G Tyne
  • GD1634GD1634 Members Posts: 11 ✭✭

@LaymanM said:
    Find a cheap hybrid on ebay. Next time don't over tighten the screws or it will break again.

Fair enough. I appreciate the reply. I was just hoping maybe someone knew of a way to replace or fix it. As for the screws, I was using a Callaway wrench, so it may have had more force than an Adams wrench. Still, I think it initially broke because they were loose, as it first clicked when I hit a shot. The last shot of its life was stuck within about 10 feet from 215 into heavy wind, so I guess it's got that going for it. Anyway, after it snapped, I tried to tighten down the screws, which is when the second one snapped. I should have just left it. Oh well. Thanks again!

• LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OHMembers Posts: 2,123 ✭✭

There were a lot of sole players breakage issues with the club. What I read was due to over tightening. I dont think anyone Carrie's replacements. Adam's went under right after that release. I had the 2 hybrid until a few weeks ago

PING G410 9* PX Evenflow Black 75 6.0
    PING G410 LST 3w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 5w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 4-PW AWT 2 0 stiff
    PING Stealth Glide 2.0 50ss/54ss/58ss
    PING Sigam G Tyne
  • QegureziQegurezi Members Posts: 3,800 ✭✭

I don't believe all these issues come from over tightening - it was simply a poor build. Mine sprung loose and it had never been touched. I got it cheap and bought it mostly for the shaft tho. The club is actually a **** good hybrid.

• kiwiikiwii Members Posts: 736 ✭✭

Pretty common problem even for people who didn’t adjust the weights. A replacement club should be easy to find for cheap. If you don’t want to deal with it again look for a previous version of that club. Previous lines were called adams pro and before that adams super.

'17 M1 460 9.5/ Rogue Silver
    XR '14 Pro/ PX LZ
    Adams 9031 18°/ Diamana WB
    716 AP24-pw/DG AMT S300
    '14 TM TP 52/56/60
    2014 Squareback/ Lamkin DE + 2 wraps
    Ogio Ozone, TM targa tour
    Tour Boost 360
    TM TP5/ Srixon Zstar XV
  • GehlyGehly ClubWRX Posts: 2,010 ClubWRX

likley have to find new, since the cost of full hybrid likely same cost if can find someone selling just the plates
    I had same issue with only one side where the hole broke off. I used a new skrew with a metal washer and couple of rubber tiny washers to get it back to working and in place where can still hit it

• SurfDaddySurfDaddy Members Posts: 47 ✭✭

Same happened to me, however, in my case TaylorMade sent me a new M series hybrid and didn’t want the Adams returned. I sold the Taylormade and still play the Adams after securing the plate in place with Golfworks black epoxy.

• dparkdpark Members Posts: 2,527 ✭✭

Mine broke too. There was another member on the site that sold me a replacement head for something like $15. But this was like 2 years ago. I would look on ebay for a used club to use as a donor for the sole plate. You could probably get it for a song, just need to be patient.

Old stuff:
    1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver
    1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood
    1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
    1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E
    1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
    1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter

New stuff
    Cobra ZL 10.5 driver
    Adams 5050 16 fairway wood
    Adams A2P 20* hybrid
    Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW