Haven't Touched the Clubs in a Couple Years

shanerbanner10 ·  
shanerbanner10shanerbanner10 Tulsa, OK 245WRX Points: 52Handicap: 7ishMembers Posts: 245 Fairways

Its been 2 years since I last touched my clubs. Actually loaned them to a friend and forgot who had them. Rewind about 4 years ago, I was playing quite a bit and was a 6-7ish handicap. I am 100% self taught. I would like to know what you guys would work on based on the video above. This was toward the end of the first bucket of balls I've hit in years . I forgot how good it feels to strike a ball well. This particular swing was just a fraction out on the toe of my 714 AP2's. This was a 5 iron about 205-210 yards which is just about the same distance I was hitting my irons back when I was playing a bit.

My typical miss from today's bucket of balls, as well as when I was playing a bit, was a block/push straight right. I think I have a tendency to come over the top a hair. When I do miss left, its usually a hard draw that starts on the target line and usually a bit thin. I think I also close the club face down a little early sometimes.

Thoughts?

Posted:
Post edited by shanerbanner10 on
  • Titleist 915D2 9.75* Fujikura Motore Speeder VC Tour Spec
  • Titleist 915F 15* Tour AD BB6
  • Titleist 718 TMB 2 & 3i X100
  • Titleist 714 AP2 4-9 PX 6.0
  • Titleist Vokey- Sm4 46*/08
  • Titleist Vokey- Sm6 52*/10  58*/08
  • Titleist Scotty Cameron Classic Del Mar
  • Oakley Bg Stand 12.0 Natural Heather

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.