PING Pioneer 2016 vs 2019.

Aldazda ·  
AldazdaAldazda  18WRX Points: 6Handicap: 15Members Posts: 18 Bunkers

Hello. Does anyone happen to know if there are any major differences between the PING pioneer 2016 golf bag and the 2019 model. I currently have the 2016 but was looking into the new 2019 models and wasn’t sure if it’s worth the upgrade. I’ve looked at pictures but am undecided and thought I’d ask on here. Any advice would Be great.

Thanks!

Posted:

Comments

• kaycalkaikaycalkai World Class Three Putter  449WRX Points: 73Handicap: mentalMembers Posts: 449 Greens

I owned an older Pioneer from 2015 or 2016, and now have the current model.
    Pretty much the same bag, with the exception of 14 pockets now vs 7 or 8 in the old model. Pockets everywhere, for everything on the new one!
    No major changes or groundbreaking upgrades, that's for sure.
    I changed just for a different/new color.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • AldazdaAldazda  18WRX Points: 6Handicap: 15Members Posts: 18 Bunkers

Did you find that the current model has sufficient more pocket space than the 2015/2016 model?

Posted:
  • Onespeed24Onespeed24 Santee, CA 130WRX Points: 63Members Posts: 130 Fairways

Figured I'd ask here rather than start a new topic. For those using the 2019 Pioneer on a push cart, which carts fit the bag the best? I currently have an older Bagboy Quad and the bag doesn;t fit very well and slides/shifts to the side several times a round. This cart doesn't have a bottom strap, just a little platform that the bottom sits on, then a large velcro strap around the top. I try to strap the velco pretty tight but it doesn't hold very well and the bag slides to the side. Is anyone having better luck with a different cart and this bag?

Posted:
    Mizuno ST-190, Speeder 569 Evo II
    Ping G400 5W, Speeder 569 Evo II
    Ping G410 4H, stock Alta shaft 
    Mizuno JPX-919 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS, 58* ES
    Taylormade Spider X, Copper
    Taylormade TP5X
  • Damenace613Damenace613 Sunny San Diego 638WRX Points: 90ClubWRX Posts: 638 ClubWRX

I use a Pioneer 2019 with a clicgear 3.0 and it works great. No sliding or issues with the bottom of the bag.

Posted:
    TaylorMade M5 Aldila Rogue Silver
    TaylorMade M1 2017 3HL
    Cobra F6 Baffler
    TaylorMade RSi2 B Version 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120
    TaylorMade PSi AW C-Taper 105
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 54*
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 58*
    Evnroll ER5 Black

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.