***11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, passwords were reset for some users. Please use the forget password recovery link: https://forums.golfwrx.com/entry/passwordrequest

Please email [email protected] if further help is required. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Abuse notation - ?

 gioguy21 ·  
gioguy21gioguy21 NJ 8091WRX Points: 1,343Handicap: +1.6 (1194646)Members Posts: 8,091 Titanium Tees
Joined:  in Website Help, News & Feedback #1

I see that now everyone has an "Abuse" notation on their profiles, what is this, how did it come about, what does it mean and how does one get 'abuse'?

i ask b/c somehow i had none, to having a ton in a span of a day or two. can this be refuted? there's no way of showing or saying in what way you've been abusive?

Posted:

Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set D/S) / Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.50"
Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

1

Comments

  • BuzzkillBuzzkill  7062WRX Points: 511Handicap: 3Marshals Posts: 7,062 Marshals
    Joined:  #2

    Haven't seen that yet BUT as marshals/moderators, we can see warnings issued and act accordingly.

    Posted:
    Minimalist Bag!
    Location:  Colorado Springs, CO
    Handicap:  3

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene pool 15910WRX Points: 1,149ClubWRX Posts: 15,910 ClubWRX
    Joined:  edited Apr 25, 2019 #3

    On -, @gioguy21 said:

    I see that now everyone has an "Abuse" notation on their profiles, what is this, how did it come about, what does it mean and how does one get 'abuse'?

    i ask b/c somehow i had none, to having a ton in a span of a day or two. can this be refuted? there's no way of showing or saying in what way you've been abusive?

    Jesus Gio, I’ve never known you to be “abusive,” lol

    What, ya didn’t like the result at Augusta😜???

    I jest, I jest, lol😉

    All the Best getting it straitened out👊

    Cheers🍻
    RP

    Posted:
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJ 8091WRX Points: 1,343Handicap: +1.6 (1194646)Members Posts: 8,091 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Apr 25, 2019 #4

    On -, @Forged4ever said:

    On -, @gioguy21 said:

    I see that now everyone has an "Abuse" notation on their profiles, what is this, how did it come about, what does it mean and how does one get 'abuse'?

    i ask b/c somehow i had none, to having a ton in a span of a day or two. can this be refuted? there's no way of showing or saying in what way you've been abusive?

    Jesus Gio, I’ve never known you to be “abusive,” lol

    What, ya didn’t like the result at Augusta😜???

    I jest, I jest, lol😉

    All the Best getting it straitened out👊

    Cheers🍻
    RP

    But I've been good since coming back lol I dont know what I did to anyone that would be considered abuse unless someone just has an axe to grind with me...?

    Posted:
    Post edited by gioguy21 on

    Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set D/S) / Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJ 8091WRX Points: 1,343Handicap: +1.6 (1194646)Members Posts: 8,091 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Apr 25, 2019 #5

    flagged 10 times in my first post?

    On -, @Gxgolfer what did i do exactly besides asking the question???
    Posted:

    Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set D/S) / Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CA 27101WRX Points: 457Rules Official, Administrator Posts: 27,101 Marshals
    Joined:  edited Apr 25, 2019 #6

    There are no notes associated with the warnings so couldn't tell you.

    The warnings are by point systems and there are thresholds to make posts hidden. 1 warning could equal 3 point, 5 points or 10 points.

    Certain thresholds have certain consequences. For example, if a member reports a posts, it could equal 1 point, but if a moderator does it, it could equal 5.

    We are adjusting the warn system from the old board to the new board.
    Points disappear after a certain amounts after a few weeks right now.

    Moderators decisions are final and there is no appealing beyond them. If you cannot change their mind and they choose not to answer you, then that is under their discretion. If you turn to management, you will be turned back to the moderators.

    Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJ 8091WRX Points: 1,343Handicap: +1.6 (1194646)Members Posts: 8,091 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #7

    On -, @Gxgolfer said:

    There are no notes associated with the warnings so couldn't tell you.

    The warnings are by point systems and there are thresholds to make posts hidden. 1 warning could equal 3 point, 5 points or 10 points.

    Certain thresholds have certain consequences. For example, if a member reports a posts, it could equal 1 point, but if a moderator does it, it could equal 5.

    We are adjusting the warn system from the old board to the new board.
    Points disappear after a certain amounts after a few weeks right now.

    Moderators decisions are final and there is no appealing beyond them. If you cannot change their mind and they choose not to answer you, then that is under their discretion. If you turn to management, you will be turned back to the moderators.

    Ok, so, are my points "real"? I dont understand how we are being (or in this case- i am) given abuse points?

    I'm not trying to ruffle feathers by asking - just want to know what posts are causing the points, what we can do about them, etc.

    Thanks

    On -, @Gxgolfer for the response - you guys are doing a seriously great job updating from what we started with.
    • Gio
    Posted:

    Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set D/S) / Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CA 27101WRX Points: 457Rules Official, Administrator Posts: 27,101 Marshals
    Joined:  #8

    Yes, they are real. There are no notes so couldn't tell you.

    Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
  • grm24grm24 Western PA 4172WRX Points: 1,310Members Posts: 4,172 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #9

    On -, @gioguy21 said:

    I see that now everyone has an "Abuse" notation on their profiles, what is this, how did it come about, what does it mean and how does one get 'abuse'?

    i ask b/c somehow i had none, to having a ton in a span of a day or two. can this be refuted? there's no way of showing or saying in what way you've been abusive?

    There is. When in your profile click on the Abuse number. After the screen refreshes scroll down to below your badges. It will show the posts that were flagged as abuse. Within the post click on the flag icon. That will show an abuse flag. Hovering over that flag will show what member reported it.

    Posted:
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJ 8091WRX Points: 1,343Handicap: +1.6 (1194646)Members Posts: 8,091 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Apr 25, 2019 #10

    On -, @grm24 said:

    On -, @gioguy21 said:

    I see that now everyone has an "Abuse" notation on their profiles, what is this, how did it come about, what does it mean and how does one get 'abuse'?

    i ask b/c somehow i had none, to having a ton in a span of a day or two. can this be refuted? there's no way of showing or saying in what way you've been abusive?

    There is. When in your profile click on the Abuse number. After the screen refreshes scroll down to below your badges. It will show the posts that were flagged as abuse. Within the post click on the flag icon. That will show an abuse flag. Hovering over that flag will show what member reported it.

    that does not work for me (it does show the threads/posts for the disagrees, likes, etc. tho) -- that's why i'm having the issues with troubleshooting where they're coming from; thank you tho!

    Posted:

    Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set D/S) / Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

  • SheriffBoothSheriffBooth  4494WRX Points: 284Handicap: 2.6Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 4,494 Marshals
    Joined:  #11

    This is one of many items that are being worked on as part of the transition. I wouldn't get too wrapped around the axle about it. If you are doing anything problematic you will hear from a Moderator about it. For the moment I would say just ignore that whole "Reactions" and "Badges" section of the member profiles.

    Posted:
    Taylormade M6, 9.0*, Hzrdus Smoke 60 S
    Taylormade M5, 15*, Hzrdus Smoke 70 S
    Callaway Apex 3H, Kuro Kage S
    Taylormade P-790, 4-PW, Recoil 110 F4 +1"
    Taylormade MG 50, 56, 60 Recoil 110 F4 +1"
    Odyssey Armlock Doublewide, 42"
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJ 8091WRX Points: 1,343Handicap: +1.6 (1194646)Members Posts: 8,091 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #12

    On -, @SheriffBooth said:

    This is one of many items that are being worked on as part of the transition. I wouldn't get too wrapped around the axle about it. If you are doing anything problematic you will hear from a Moderator about it. For the moment I would say just ignore that whole "Reactions" and "Badges" section of the member profiles.

    thank you sir -- much appreciated!

    Posted:

    Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set D/S) / Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker  4822WRX Points: 760ClubWRX Posts: 4,822 ClubWRX
    Joined:  edited Apr 25, 2019 #13

    I see the abuse notification being abused. If there's a member who doesn't like another, or gets their feelings hurt or gets called out on a ridiculous post or thread then what stops a person from hitting abuse? At the very, very least any reported abuse should include the post that was flagged. If the feature of seeing the post isn't working then the ability to select abuse shouldn't be there either. I feel this will become a hit and run option for some members who don't have a decent debate point, doesn't like someone, or gets their bubble burst. Count me in for one who really doesn't like this option. Reporting a post to the moderator AND requiring a reason for abuse should be the proper means. Having the ability to simply throw an abuse rating without having the stones to back it up is not a way to build a community, in my opinion.

    Posted:
    EAMUS CATULI! AC020303
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene pool 15910WRX Points: 1,149ClubWRX Posts: 15,910 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #14

    On -, @gioguy21 said:

    On -, @Forged4ever said:

    On -, @gioguy21 said:

    I see that now everyone has an "Abuse" notation on their profiles, what is this, how did it come about, what does it mean and how does one get 'abuse'?

    i ask b/c somehow i had none, to having a ton in a span of a day or two. can this be refuted? there's no way of showing or saying in what way you've been abusive?

    Jesus Gio, I’ve never known you to be “abusive,” lol

    What, ya didn’t like the result at Augusta😜???

    I jest, I jest, lol😉

    All the Best getting it straitened out👊

    Cheers🍻
    RP

    But I've been good since coming back lol I dont know what I did to anyone that would be considered abuse unless someone just has an axe to grind with me...?

    I was just trying to be light hearted and I drew an abuse😂😂

    Anyhoo, I hope that ya have a great season Brother👊

    Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend⛳️
    RP

    Posted:
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJ 8091WRX Points: 1,343Handicap: +1.6 (1194646)Members Posts: 8,091 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #15

    On -, @Forged4ever said:

    On -, @gioguy21 said:

    On -, @Forged4ever said:

    On -, @gioguy21 said:

    I see that now everyone has an "Abuse" notation on their profiles, what is this, how did it come about, what does it mean and how does one get 'abuse'?

    i ask b/c somehow i had none, to having a ton in a span of a day or two. can this be refuted? there's no way of showing or saying in what way you've been abusive?

    Jesus Gio, I’ve never known you to be “abusive,” lol

    What, ya didn’t like the result at Augusta😜???

    I jest, I jest, lol😉

    All the Best getting it straitened out👊

    Cheers🍻
    RP

    But I've been good since coming back lol I dont know what I did to anyone that would be considered abuse unless someone just has an axe to grind with me...?

    I was just trying to be light hearted and I drew an abuse😂😂

    Anyhoo, I hope that ya have a great season Brother👊

    Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend⛳️
    RP

    You too! Hit em straight, long and less often!!

    Posted:

    Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set D/S) / Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker  4822WRX Points: 760ClubWRX Posts: 4,822 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #16

    On -, @Forged4ever said:

    On -, @gioguy21 said:

    On -, @Forged4ever said:

    On -, @gioguy21 said:

    I see that now everyone has an "Abuse" notation on their profiles, what is this, how did it come about, what does it mean and how does one get 'abuse'?

    i ask b/c somehow i had none, to having a ton in a span of a day or two. can this be refuted? there's no way of showing or saying in what way you've been abusive?

    Jesus Gio, I’ve never known you to be “abusive,” lol

    What, ya didn’t like the result at Augusta😜???

    I jest, I jest, lol😉

    All the Best getting it straitened out👊

    Cheers🍻
    RP

    But I've been good since coming back lol I dont know what I did to anyone that would be considered abuse unless someone just has an axe to grind with me...?

    I was just trying to be light hearted and I drew an abuse😂😂

    Anyhoo, I hope that ya have a great season Brother👊

    Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend⛳️
    RP

    Too many people can no longer take a comment with a sense of humor. Too many people get offended over the smallest and silliest things. We have a society where too many people cannot listen to an alternative point of view without getting offended. I came from a generation where a great debate was welcome, exchanging of ideas wanted and people had thick skin. The saying, "I've been called worse by better people" had some significance (positive or negative) and could be said without offending people too much. Sometime creating a laugh between two people. Today it seems best to keep coloring books, crayons and a safe place close by. :/

    Fortunately there are several members here that I feel I can have a great discussion with, who we often agree or who will not be offended even if our opinions differ, and we can agree to disagree without taking the disagreement to the abuse button.

    Posted:
    EAMUS CATULI! AC020303
  • SheriffBoothSheriffBooth  4494WRX Points: 284Handicap: 2.6Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 4,494 Marshals
    Joined:  #17

    Again - please try not to worry about it. It's an embedded element of Vanilla. It should have no real impact on any Member's ability to post. Moderators will only respond to actual violations. And the site ownership/devs are working on it.

    Posted:
    Taylormade M6, 9.0*, Hzrdus Smoke 60 S
    Taylormade M5, 15*, Hzrdus Smoke 70 S
    Callaway Apex 3H, Kuro Kage S
    Taylormade P-790, 4-PW, Recoil 110 F4 +1"
    Taylormade MG 50, 56, 60 Recoil 110 F4 +1"
    Odyssey Armlock Doublewide, 42"
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Iowa 20457WRX Points: 4,367ClubWRX Posts: 20,457 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #18

    On -, @gioguy21 said:

    On -, @grm24 said:

    On -, @gioguy21 said:

    I see that now everyone has an "Abuse" notation on their profiles, what is this, how did it come about, what does it mean and how does one get 'abuse'?

    i ask b/c somehow i had none, to having a ton in a span of a day or two. can this be refuted? there's no way of showing or saying in what way you've been abusive?

    There is. When in your profile click on the Abuse number. After the screen refreshes scroll down to below your badges. It will show the posts that were flagged as abuse. Within the post click on the flag icon. That will show an abuse flag. Hovering over that flag will show what member reported it.

    that does not work for me (it does show the threads/posts for the disagrees, likes, etc. tho) -- that's why i'm having the issues with troubleshooting where they're coming from; thank you tho!

    Doesn't work for me either, lol, but I wouldn't give it a second thought.

    Got my first warning ever about a year ago and was embarrassed to have to message to figure out what to do with it. Yet, I see I've got 1000+ points, whatever those mean (looks like they may be relevant to something) and 6 "abuses" (I think one just for not worshipping Tiger in a post, haha) - don't sweat it even for a second.

    Posted:
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJ 8091WRX Points: 1,343Handicap: +1.6 (1194646)Members Posts: 8,091 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #19

    On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

    On -, @gioguy21 said:

    On -, @grm24 said:

    On -, @gioguy21 said:

    I see that now everyone has an "Abuse" notation on their profiles, what is this, how did it come about, what does it mean and how does one get 'abuse'?

    i ask b/c somehow i had none, to having a ton in a span of a day or two. can this be refuted? there's no way of showing or saying in what way you've been abusive?

    There is. When in your profile click on the Abuse number. After the screen refreshes scroll down to below your badges. It will show the posts that were flagged as abuse. Within the post click on the flag icon. That will show an abuse flag. Hovering over that flag will show what member reported it.

    that does not work for me (it does show the threads/posts for the disagrees, likes, etc. tho) -- that's why i'm having the issues with troubleshooting where they're coming from; thank you tho!

    Doesn't work for me either, lol, but I wouldn't give it a second thought.

    Got my first warning ever about a year ago and was embarrassed to have to message to figure out what to do with it. Yet, I see I've got 1000+ points, whatever those mean (looks like they may be relevant to something) and 6 "abuses" (I think one just for not worshipping Tiger in a post, haha) - don't sweat it even for a second.

    i've had my share of warnings and time outs -- since my last stint in the box, i've done what i can to try to be as PC and be overly cordial in order to not offend anyone. when i saw the abuse notation i was just like, 'c'mon man, how?!?!'

    i'm not sweating it - but it was just outta no where in a day or two and took me off guard enough to ask the question.

    thanks everyone!

    Posted:

    Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set D/S) / Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.