Seen any good deals on rain gear?

St_HoselRocket ·  
St_HoselRocketSt_HoselRocket  25WRX Points: 33Handicap: 5.5Members Posts: 25 Bunkers

I got caught in the rain playing the other day and noticed that my old rain jacket and pants need to be retired! Anyone seen any great deals on jackets and pants, don't have to match out there? Seems like the only cheaper prices I see are for stuff I don't think I trust to keep my dry for 18 holes. Thanks!

Posted:

WITB:
TaylorMade M5 9.5 / Graphite Design DI-7
TaylorMade M2 15* / Fujikura ATMOS Blue TS 7
Titleist 818 H1 19* / Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90
Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-P / Nippon Modus 125
Vokey SM6 50F - 54.10S - 58.08M / Nippon Modus 125
Scotty Cameron Squareback / SuperStroke Traxion Tour
Titleist ProV1

Comments

• GolfDufrGolfDufr  24WRX Points: 13Handicap: 9Members Posts: 24 Bunkers

Take a look at golfsupport.com. They have tons of goretex rain gain at great prices. I got a full Sunice rain suit for ~$200.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • SchneeSchnee SOTABM Northeast 5563WRX Points: 705ClubWRX Posts: 5,563 ClubWRX

If you’ve got a PGA Superstore local to you, mine had a bunch of galvin green and others on sale.

Posted:
    "Grasshopper breaks wing
    soars with Master's healing words.
    Winter grounds him"

-Hawkeye77

Becky Johnson Award Nominee 2016

Taylormade M6 10.5* Graphite Design AD DI 
    Taylormade M3 HL Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 
    Titleist 818 H1 Mitsubishi Tensei Blue
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Tour Issue S400
    Vokey SM7 50.12F, 54.14F Stealth S200
    [Vokey SM7 58.V Oil Can S200
    LAB Golf Directed Force Reno 2.1T/Scotty Cameron Futura X5 Welded Neck Custom (name TBD)

ig-badge-48.png
  • St_HoselRocketSt_HoselRocket  25WRX Points: 33Handicap: 5.5Members Posts: 25 Bunkers

On -, @GolfDufr said:

Take a look at golfsupport.com. They have tons of goretex rain gain at great prices. I got a full Sunice rain suit for ~$200.

It looks like they are a UK company, but do have some good prices. How are the shipping rates to the US?

Posted:

WITB:
    Titleist ProV1

• St_HoselRocketSt_HoselRocket  25WRX Points: 33Handicap: 5.5Members Posts: 25 Bunkers

On -, @Schnee said:

If you’ve got a PGA Superstore local to you, mine had a bunch of galvin green and others on sale.

Dang! I love the GG stuff but typically it is out of my price range. No PGA SS near me... :'(

Posted:

WITB:
    Titleist ProV1

• TanksfurnutinTanksfurnutin  179WRX Points: 85Members Posts: 179 Fairways

On -, @St_HoselRocket said:

On -, @GolfDufr said:

It looks like they are a UK company, but do have some good prices. How are the shipping rates to the US?

Golfsupport is great and shipping prices are reasonable. I just got a ProQuip PX5 rain jacket for a great price and the shipping was just over $9 to NY. Ordered it Thursday night at my door Monday.
    Just make sure of your size. I've heard return shipping is a killer.

Posted:
  • BB28403BB28403  4276WRX Points: 747Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Members Posts: 4,276 Titanium Tees

I got caught in the rain playing the other day and noticed that my old rain jacket and pants need to be retired! Anyone seen any great deals on jackets and pants, don't have to match out there? Seems like the only cheaper prices I see are for stuff I don't think I trust to keep my dry for 18 holes. Thanks!

Maybe their scotch guard wore off? Try spraying them with a $5 Can from Wal Mart first .

Posted:

Advertisement
  • TIM929TIM929 Los Angeles 1306WRX Points: 760Handicap: 11.1Members Posts: 1,306 Platinum Tees

Golf support PX6 is beast.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5* Driver                  HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0       Tour Velvet std 
    Adams Tightlies 2 16*3 Wood        whatevers stock              Tour Velvet std  
    Titleist TS3 19*    Hybrid                 HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0       Tour Velvet std 
    Titleist 716 TMB  4-P                      DG S300                          Tour Velvet Align 2 wraps  
    Titleist SM7 52.12F (bent to 49.09)DG S400                           Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SM7 56.10S                         DG S400                          Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SM7 60.12D                        DG S400                           Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SC Terryllium Fastback 1.5  34" loft 6.5                       Pistolini Plus  
    Titleist PROV1                                 ball
    Kirkland sig                                     glove 
    FJ rain glove                                    glove (rain)  

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1729394-timbo929-witb/
  • twixster888twixster888  607WRX Points: 112Members Posts: 607 Golden Tee

On -, @BB28403 said:

Maybe their scotch guard wore off? Try spraying them with a $5 Can from Wal Mart first .

don't waste time and money on this. you would have to spray heavily and heavily just to see partial effectiveness (maybe 5%). just imagine all the inbetween threads that you would have to apply to. i mainly sprayed shoulders and it did not do anything much.

Posted:
  • BB28403BB28403  4276WRX Points: 747Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Members Posts: 4,276 Titanium Tees

On -, @twixster888 said:

On -, @BB28403 said:

don't waste time and money on this. you would have to spray heavily and heavily just to see partial effectiveness (maybe 5%). just imagine all the inbetween threads that you would have to apply to. i mainly sprayed shoulders and it did not do anything much.

It works on camping gear . Why not golf gear? I spray my new golf shoes. Helps them stay cleaner .

Posted:
  • Ghost_OrchidGhost_Orchid Golf Junkie Upstate NY 2082WRX Points: 120Handicap: 1Members Posts: 2,082 Platinum Tees

Check out ProQuip, some quality rain gear there.

Posted:

On -, @BB28403 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried doing that a few years ago and with some old gear and didn't have great results. They lasted like 1 round before I would have to spray them again and I used a TON of the spray!

Posted:

WITB:
    Titleist ProV1

Advertisement

On -, @Ghost_Orchid said:

How do the ProQuip sizes run? Pretty true?

Posted:

WITB:
    Titleist ProV1

On -, @BB28403 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried doing that a few years ago and with some old gear and didn't have great results. They lasted like 1 round before I would have to spray them again and I used a TON of the spray!

Awww bummer

Posted:
  • Ghost_OrchidGhost_Orchid Golf Junkie Upstate NY 2082WRX Points: 120Handicap: 1Members Posts: 2,082 Platinum Tees

True to size for me.

Posted:
  • lspky_muskielspky_muskie  927WRX Points: 73Handicap: 14Members Posts: 927 Golden Tee

Not sure how good the Nike stuff is, but if bought a rain suit for 150 during their clearance sale last week. 20 to 25 percent off sale pops up every month.

Posted:
  • mktroutmktrout  208WRX Points: 113Handicap: 6.4Members Posts: 208 Fairways

The arnold Palmer rain coat and pants they sell at TGW is pretty good IMO and pretty cheap.

Posted:
    Taylormade M5 - GD Tour AD DI 60 S
    Taylormade M6 3 Wood
    Callaway Super Hybrid 17*
    4-GW PXG 0211 w/ Oban 115 S
    Taylormade Hi Toe 54*, 58*
    Scotty X7M
    Bridgestone BRX

Advertisement
  • TIM929TIM929 Los Angeles 1306WRX Points: 760Handicap: 11.1Members Posts: 1,306 Platinum Tees

True to size for me.

+1

But on the roomy side, not a Jlindenberg slim fit.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5* Driver                  HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0       Tour Velvet std 
    Adams Tightlies 2 16*3 Wood        whatevers stock              Tour Velvet std  
    Titleist TS3 19*    Hybrid                 HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0       Tour Velvet std 
    Titleist 716 TMB  4-P                      DG S300                          Tour Velvet Align 2 wraps  
    Titleist SM7 52.12F (bent to 49.09)DG S400                           Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SM7 56.10S                         DG S400                          Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SM7 60.12D                        DG S400                           Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SC Terryllium Fastback 1.5  34" loft 6.5                       Pistolini Plus  
    Titleist PROV1                                 ball
    Kirkland sig                                     glove 
    FJ rain glove                                    glove (rain)  

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1729394-timbo929-witb/
  • GoIrish17GoIrish17 Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio  6194WRX Points: 983Handicap: 8Members Posts: 6,194 Titanium Tees

http://shop.vendio.com/harder/category/180/

Try this site, “Name Brand Golf Shirts Direct”. It is possibly the worst website design I’ve ever seen - terrible to navigate. But, some great deals to be had if you search around. There’s always a ton of GoreTex stuff at decent prices. And lots of other stuff that’s cool, if you have the patience to surf the site. I’ve ordered from her maybe 5-6 times, and have always received in a decent timeframe and got exactly what I was expecting. She does have detailed measurements of almost every item on her site, which is nice when you’re unsure on fit. It’s definitely worth signing up for her emails, I’ve seen some great deals come across, especially on rain and cold weather gear.

*Edit - she also has an eBay store with some different items, seller namebrandgolfshirts. 106,408 feedback with 100% positive.

Posted:

Driver: TaylorMade M5 10.5° | HC Evenflow Black 65
    3wd: Titleist TS2 15° (C1) | Diamana D+ LTD 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18°| AD-DI 85
    Irons: Mizuno MP 20 HMB 4 iron | AD-DI 95 / MP 20 MMC 5-PW | PX Catalyst 100
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°V | KBS 610
    Putters: Byron Morgan DH 89

• Putterboy68Putterboy68 Cincinnati Ohio, A hidden golf mecca  26WRX Points: 78Members Posts: 26 Bunkers

Never forget about eBay. I found a FJ suit from the 80s in mint condition in my size for $100, You just never know.

Posted:

On -, @Putterboy68 said:

Never forget about eBay. I found a FJ suit from the 80s in mint condition in my size for $100, You just never know.

Yeah second for eBay, just make sure it has tags. You don’t want another man’s hot rain sweat! Lol
    Or put them thru the washer 3-4 times.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.