Seen any good deals on rain gear?

I got caught in the rain playing the other day and noticed that my old rain jacket and pants need to be retired! Anyone seen any great deals on jackets and pants, don't have to match out there? Seems like the only cheaper prices I see are for stuff I don't think I trust to keep my dry for 18 holes. Thanks!

WITB:
TaylorMade M5 9.5 / Graphite Design DI-7
TaylorMade M2 15* / Fujikura ATMOS Blue TS 7
Titleist 818 H1 19* / Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90
Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-P / Nippon Modus 125
Vokey SM6 50F - 54.10S - 58.08M / Nippon Modus 125
Scotty Cameron Squareback / SuperStroke Traxion Tour
Titleist ProV1

Comments

• GolfDufrGolfDufr Members Posts: 23 ✭✭

Take a look at golfsupport.com. They have tons of goretex rain gain at great prices. I got a full Sunice rain suit for ~$200.

• SchneeSchnee SOTABM NortheastClubWRX Posts: 5,445 ClubWRX

If you’ve got a PGA Superstore local to you, mine had a bunch of galvin green and others on sale.

"Grasshopper breaks wing
    soars with Master's healing words.
    Winter grounds him"

-Hawkeye77

Becky Johnson Award Nominee 2016

Titleist TS2 9.5* EvenFlow White T1100 6.5 65g
    Taylormade SLDR Mini 14* Diamana Limited Edition 80g
    Titleist 818 H1 Mitsubishi Tensei Blue
    Irons Under Construction
    Vokey SM7 50.12F, 54.14F Stealth S200
    [Vokey SM7 58.V Oil Can S200
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5 Welded Neck Custom (name TBD)

ig-badge-48.png
  • St_HoselRocketSt_HoselRocket Members Posts: 25 ✭✭

@GolfDufr said:
    Take a look at golfsupport.com. They have tons of goretex rain gain at great prices. I got a full Sunice rain suit for ~$200.

It looks like they are a UK company, but do have some good prices. How are the shipping rates to the US?

WITB:
    Titleist ProV1

@Schnee said:
    If you’ve got a PGA Superstore local to you, mine had a bunch of galvin green and others on sale.

Dang! I love the GG stuff but typically it is out of my price range. No PGA SS near me... :'(

WITB:
    Titleist ProV1

• TanksfurnutinTanksfurnutin Members Posts: 173 ✭✭
    edited Apr 25, 2019 1:02pm #6

@St_HoselRocket said:

@GolfDufr said:

It looks like they are a UK company, but do have some good prices. How are the shipping rates to the US?

Golfsupport is great and shipping prices are reasonable. I just got a ProQuip PX5 rain jacket for a great price and the shipping was just over $9 to NY. Ordered it Thursday night at my door Monday.
    Just make sure of your size. I've heard return shipping is a killer.

• BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,590 ✭✭

@St_HoselRocket said:
    I got caught in the rain playing the other day and noticed that my old rain jacket and pants need to be retired! Anyone seen any great deals on jackets and pants, don't have to match out there? Seems like the only cheaper prices I see are for stuff I don't think I trust to keep my dry for 18 holes. Thanks!

Maybe their scotch guard wore off? Try spraying them with a $5 Can from Wal Mart first .

• TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers Posts: 432 ✭✭
  • twixster888twixster888 Members Posts: 603 ✭✭

@BB28403 said:

@St_HoselRocket said:

Maybe their scotch guard wore off? Try spraying them with a $5 Can from Wal Mart first .

don't waste time and money on this. you would have to spray heavily and heavily just to see partial effectiveness (maybe 5%). just imagine all the inbetween threads that you would have to apply to. i mainly sprayed shoulders and it did not do anything much.

@twixster888 said:

@BB28403 said:

@St_HoselRocket said:

don't waste time and money on this. you would have to spray heavily and heavily just to see partial effectiveness (maybe 5%). just imagine all the inbetween threads that you would have to apply to. i mainly sprayed shoulders and it did not do anything much.

It works on camping gear . Why not golf gear? I spray my new golf shoes. Helps them stay cleaner .

• Ghost_OrchidGhost_Orchid Golf Junkie Members Posts: 2,066 ✭✭

Check out ProQuip, some quality rain gear there.

@BB28403 said:

@St_HoselRocket said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried doing that a few years ago and with some old gear and didn't have great results. They lasted like 1 round before I would have to spray them again and I used a TON of the spray!

WITB:
    Titleist ProV1

@Ghost_Orchid said:

How do the ProQuip sizes run? Pretty true?

WITB:
    Titleist ProV1

@St_HoselRocket said:

@BB28403 said:

@St_HoselRocket said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried doing that a few years ago and with some old gear and didn't have great results. They lasted like 1 round before I would have to spray them again and I used a TON of the spray!

Awww bummer

• Ghost_OrchidGhost_Orchid Golf Junkie Members Posts: 2,066 ✭✭

@St_HoselRocket said:

@Ghost_Orchid said:

True to size for me.

• lspky_muskielspky_muskie Members Posts: 903 ✭✭

Not sure how good the Nike stuff is, but if bought a rain suit for 150 during their clearance sale last week. 20 to 25 percent off sale pops up every month.

• mktroutmktrout Members Posts: 137 ✭✭

The arnold Palmer rain coat and pants they sell at TGW is pretty good IMO and pretty cheap.

Taylormade M5
    Taylormade M4 3HL
    Taylormade M4 5wd
    Srixon 585 w/ Pro Modus 120
    Cleveland CBX 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Bridgestone BXS
  • TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers Posts: 432 ✭✭

@Ghost_Orchid said:

@St_HoselRocket said:

@Ghost_Orchid said:

True to size for me.

+1

But on the roomy side, not a Jlindenberg slim fit.

• GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,587 ✭✭
    edited Apr 28, 2019 4:18pm #19

http://shop.vendio.com/harder/category/180/

Try this site, “Name Brand Golf Shirts Direct”. It is possibly the worst website design I’ve ever seen - terrible to navigate. But, some great deals to be had if you search around. There’s always a ton of GoreTex stuff at decent prices. And lots of other stuff that’s cool, if you have the patience to surf the site. I’ve ordered from her maybe 5-6 times, and have always received in a decent timeframe and got exactly what I was expecting. She does have detailed measurements of almost every item on her site, which is nice when you’re unsure on fit. It’s definitely worth signing up for her emails, I’ve seen some great deals come across, especially on rain and cold weather gear.

*Edit - she also has an eBay store with some different items, seller namebrandgolfshirts. 106,408 feedback with 100% positive.

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5° | Evenflow HC Black 65
    vs.
    Cobra F9 9° | Atmos Tour Spec Black 6
    Fairway: M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Speeder HB 8.8
    Driving Iron: Apex X-Forged Utility 21° | AD-DI 105
    Irons: Srixon 785 5-pw | Recoil 110
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48° F (Handground S), 54° S, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
    Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
    Putter: Piretti Potenza II black 
    Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 oil can

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/
  • Putterboy68Putterboy68 Cincinnati Ohio, A hidden golf mecca Members Posts: 19 ✭✭

Never forget about eBay. I found a FJ suit from the 80s in mint condition in my size for $100, You just never know.

@Putterboy68 said:
    Never forget about eBay. I found a FJ suit from the 80s in mint condition in my size for $100, You just never know.

Yeah second for eBay, just make sure it has tags. You don’t want another man’s hot rain sweat! Lol
    Or put them thru the washer 3-4 times.