Scotty Cameron putters and gear. Real or fake?

drugazidrugazi Members Posts: 540 ✭✭

Thanks for your help!

Taylormade M4 10°, UST Proforce V2
Yonex eZone St 15º, Oban Revenge
Miura Baby Blades, 3-PW, KBS Tour
Miura Raw, 52º, 56º, & 60º, KBS Tour
Gauge Design

Comments

• VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,101 ✭✭
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 6,042 ✭✭

all of it is fake.

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • Milkmanmike01Milkmanmike01 Members Posts: 3

@Yanki01 said:
    all of it is fake.

Why would the bag be fake? How can you tell? And how can you tell about the putters and headcover?

@Milkmanmike01 said:

@Yanki01 said:
    all of it is fake.

Why would the bag be fake? How can you tell? And how can you tell about the putters and headcover?

the putters based on the cast look of them. plus the head being wrapped (yes some overseas sellers wrap real ones). the white splash staff bag has white zipper pulls and gray zipper as opposed to the black in the OP.

from TCC.

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
  • alexdubalexdub Face sends it, path bends it UtahMembers Posts: 1,074 ✭✭

@Milkmanmike01 said:

@Yanki01 said:
    all of it is fake.

A good place to start with the soft goods is that if you see any stitch bridging (small thread connecting stitched letters), it's fake. Even though the photos aren't the best, I can see several areas of stitch bridging on the bag and cover.

A good place to start with putters is to look for any signs of a cast putter head. The pebble beach putter very clearly does not have a milled neck (bends and no sharp angles). A good second place to look is the "stamps". with the exception of very few 90s and early 2000s stuff, Camerons never have "350g" milled into a putter head—especially on CT putters. Additionally, to my knowledge, the scotty dog is never milled by Scotty (always stamped). Aside from these two ways of semi-objective evaluation, the best way to spot a fake is the subjective stuff. Is the price a crazy good deal? Is it still wrapped in plastic? Does the lettering look off/crooked? Can I find something similar on DHGate or AliExpress? The putters shown above check all the fake boxes and are no where close to authentic.

On a side note — I love the Napa posted above. "Hey everyone, look at how special and rare this Napa is! It's a CT my girl peace scotty dog" Haha.

Clubs: Ping G400 Max • Ping G400 5w • Ping i25 4-U • Ping Tour W 54* 60* • Ping WRX Scottsdale BeNi
    Shafts: Fujikura ATMOS Black 6X • Project X Blue 8B4 • Nippon Modus 120X
    Balls: Titleist Pro V1 • Srixon Z Star XV • Callaway Chrome Soft

@alexdub said:

@Milkmanmike01 said:

@Yanki01 said:
    all of it is fake.

A good place to start with the soft goods is that if you see any stitch bridging (small thread connecting stitched letters), it's fake. Even though the photos aren't the best, I can see several areas of stitch bridging on the bag and cover.

A good place to start with putters is to look for any signs of a cast putter head. The pebble beach putter very clearly does not have a milled neck (bends and no sharp angles). A good second place to look is the "stamps". with the exception of very few 90s and early 2000s stuff, Camerons never have "350g" milled into a putter head—especially on CT putters. Additionally, to my knowledge, the scotty dog is never milled by Scotty (always stamped). Aside from these two ways of semi-objective evaluation, the best way to spot a fake is the subjective stuff. Is the price a crazy good deal? Is it still wrapped in plastic? Does the lettering look off/crooked? Can I find something similar on DHGate or AliExpress? The putters shown above check all the fake boxes and are no where close to authentic.

On a side note — I love the Napa posted above. "Hey everyone, look at how special and rare this Napa is! It's a CT my girl peace scotty dog" Haha.

Would you buy the Napa even though you knew it was fake? How much would you be willing to pay for something like that

@Milkmanmike01 said:

@alexdub said:

@Milkmanmike01 said:

@Yanki01 said:
    all of it is fake.

Would you buy the Napa even though you knew it was fake? How much would you be willing to pay for something like that

no & $0
    are you selling this stuff?

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110

@Yanki01 said:

@Milkmanmike01 said:

@alexdub said:

@Milkmanmike01 said:

@Yanki01 said:
    all of it is fake.

no & $0
    are you selling this stuff?

Been in the market and seeing alot of fake stuff and im just a curious person

• KC13KC13 31st StateMembers Posts: 341 ✭✭

@Milkmanmike01 said:

@alexdub said:

@Milkmanmike01 said:

@Yanki01 said:
    all of it is fake.

Strange question however, No and i'd pay ZERO (0) renminbi or Yuan!

Driver: TaylorMade M5 9° / Fujikura Atmos Black TS 6x
    4 Wood: Callaway Rogue 17° / Fujikura Speeder Evolution V 757x
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1 21° / Matrix Ozik Altus X 
    Irons: Mizuno MP-25 (4-pw) / KBS Tour Black Nickel 125 S+
    Wedges: Titleist SM7 Raw 50,54,58 / KBS Tour 120 S
    Putter: Scotty Cameron / Studio Select Laguna 2
  • BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,649 ✭✭

Wow
    Some real bad fakes there.

Yadi for President
  • MaddMaxxMaddMaxx Members Posts: 663 ✭✭

All available on the usual sites. $190 for the bag.
    Most bags, clothing, shoes come from China anyway. No country can compete anymore.
    **** most clubs do too not just SC.

• jschwarbjschwarb Members Posts: 761 ✭✭

The wrapped heads got my attention. The one time I saw fake Pro V1s, they were wrapped.

• alexdubalexdub Face sends it, path bends it UtahMembers Posts: 1,074 ✭✭

@Milkmanmike01 said:

In answer to you first question, I there isn't a price or situation that would tempt me to buy that putter. Besides it being a knock-off, it's just an ugly putter.

With your second question, I think the answer is more philosophical than practical. A person's club say a lot about them — what do you want your clubs to say about you?

Clubs: Ping G400 Max • Ping G400 5w • Ping i25 4-U • Ping Tour W 54* 60* • Ping WRX Scottsdale BeNi
    Shafts: Fujikura ATMOS Black 6X • Project X Blue 8B4 • Nippon Modus 120X
    Balls: Titleist Pro V1 • Srixon Z Star XV • Callaway Chrome Soft
  • bobcat88bobcat88 Members Posts: 244 ✭✭

Agreed on them being fakes. A friend of mine ordered a Scotty CT putter off DHGate and it had the same look and packaging of the ones pictured. While to the non-GolfWRX regulars, these may pass as legitimate, most knowledgeable golfers will know they're fake.

• bobcat88bobcat88 Members Posts: 244 ✭✭

Also, the stamping and paint fill on the Pebble Beach Scotty are brutal, and dead giveaways.

• lookylookitzadamlookylookitzadam Members Posts: 441 ✭✭

@bobcat88 said:
    Also, the stamping and paint fill on the Pebble Beach Scotty are brutal, and dead giveaways.

That is the one that jumped out to me. The font for "Pebble Beach" isn't even remotely the same.

• studatnustudatnu Members Posts: 1,215 ✭✭

I'd buy the napa, fun club to putt around with. In no way would I break the bank for it though lol

Callaway Rogue 10.5* (D & -1*) w/ GD Tour AD-DI 6 Stiff
    Callaway RFX 16.5* w/ Fubuki Tour 63g Stiff
    Callaway RFX 21* w/ Fubuki ZT 63g Stiff
    TaylorMade MC TP 4-PW w/ Aerotech i125cw Reg
    TaylorMade XFT 50*, 54* & 58*
    Odyssey #9 Stroke Lab - 33"
    The one's I hit into the woods and into the water.
  • GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,602 ✭✭

Why is it that, lately, these “is my Cameron real?” threads have been morphing into “that’s not a bad fake - where’d you get it/ would you use it/ how much is it worth?” threads. Disturbing trend that folks don’t see fakes and think “man, that sucks”, but rather “hey, it could fool my foursome (or a good number of buyers on eBay), let’s talk more about this ‘replica’.”

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5° | Evenflow HC Black 65
    vs.
    Cobra F9 9° | Atmos Tour Spec Black 6
    Fairway: M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Speeder HB 8.8
    Driving Iron: Apex X-Forged Utility 21° | AD-DI 105
    Irons: Srixon 785 5-pw | Recoil 110
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48° F (Handground S), 54° S, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
    Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
    Putter: Piretti Potenza II black 
    Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 oil can