Stock grip size on '14 TM MC irons

autronicdsm ·  
autronicdsmautronicdsm  802WRX Points: 98Handicap: 999Members Posts: 802 Golden Tee

I was wondering if anyone knows if TM used 0.58" or 0.60" size grips on 2014 MC irons? Looking at their current offerings it looks like they go with 0.58" grips on 0.60" shafts and my irons do feel a bit fat so I'm assuming I have 0.58 core Tour Velvets.

Posted:

Comments

• Adam CAdam C  673WRX Points: 368Handicap: 4Members Posts: 673 Golden Tee

I've put this on another post but it fits here perfectly. See this video.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • autronicdsmautronicdsm  802WRX Points: 98Handicap: 999Members Posts: 802 Golden Tee

I've used two different sets, both shafts are spec'd 0.600" butt, and both gripped with Tour Velvets. I measured different thickness :/

Posted:

There can be variations in grip thickness and shaft diameter. I had to go through a few shafts that are in theory the same before I found 2 that were close enough OD for my liking. Especially with older shafts, they can start to get out of round on the grip side after enough use.

Posted:
  • autronicdsmautronicdsm  802WRX Points: 98Handicap: 999Members Posts: 802 Golden Tee

Sure, but my whole set feels too thick while the other is fine. Anyways, I think I'll just do it the hard way and spend $50 on new grips and see if they make a difference.

Posted:

What did the measurement come out to?

Posted:

MCs measure at 0.928" and my other set is right at 0.900".
    I also just noticed that my 6-iron doesn't have TM OEM tour velvets. Must have torn it when installing inserts into shafts and re-gripped with regular golf pride TV. That club measures at... 0.900". So it appears that either TM Velvets are thicker or core size makes diff after all. Whatever, I'm just going to get new grips :grin:

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.