Best way to display vintage golf clubs?

I have a set of hickory-shafted clubs from the 30s (I think) and want to display them in my man-cave. What's the best way to do that? Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Bob

Comments

• Hanlpa01Hanlpa01 Members Posts: 85 ✭✭

My old boss had a set done in a shadow box with some other vintage golf gear. It looked pretty cool.

• deejaiddeejaid Members Posts: 480 ✭✭
    edited Apr 25, 2019 3:07am #3

I always like the look of those golf club racks that are wood with a green felt background and hold the clubs horizontal and can be taken out just grabbing it, no glass at all.

To me, the experience is in the feeling of picking up the club, waggling it a bit, setting it down in playing position to see how it looks, feeling the leather grips, etc. That’s what gets me excited when I see a cool old club.

WITB
    Macgregor M09 driver
    Macgregor M85 Super Eye-O-Matic 3&4 woods
    Cleveland Classic TC15 5-wood
    2006 Ben Hogan Apex 4-E
    Ben Hogan TK15 51* 
    Ben Hogan Special Sand Iron
    Ping bronze Anser
  • James the Hogan FanJames the Hogan Fan Members Posts: 427 ✭✭
    edited Apr 25, 2019 4:45am #4

I like the shadow boxes too. Another option I have seen at the local golf shop is sort of like a table or billiard cue rack that you can put in the corner of a room and have the clubs poking out of it. (Vertically, like a wooden display golf bag) You could also get a period-correct bag and put them in that, and then display that in the corner of a room. Examples provided from internet.

Golfing in Finland!
  • @_the_crook@_the_crook Members Posts: 650 ✭✭

@James the Hogan Fan said:
    I like the shadow boxes too. Another option I have seen at the local golf shop is sort of like a table or billiard cue rack that you can put in the corner of a room and have the clubs poking out of it. (Vertically, like a wooden display golf bag) You could also get a period-correct bag and put them in that, and then display that in the corner of a room. Examples provided from internet.

this ^^^

currently playing:
    Steelhead III , FT-5 - D
    Warbirds, 3+, 4
    Hogan BH-5, 3-PW
    Wilson DynaPowered SW
    Ping Anser
    it works

when I need a change, there are 12 bags full to choose from .
  • WrigglesWriggles Members Posts: 3,195 ✭✭

I have two hickory half sets I display in separate canvas and leather bags from the era. I got my bags some years ago, when you could still find them in the wild. One came from a church rummage sale, and the other from a half set of pyratone clubs I bought for $20 at a yard sale. Both in sterling condition.
    I just have them in a corner, waiting to be picked up and played.

• Azyankee7Azyankee7 Members Posts: 14 ✭✭

I used clips to hang pool sticks. Very cheap and you can remove the clubs