Best way to display vintage golf clubs?

BobHatcher ·  
BobHatcherBobHatcher  71WRX Points: 35Members Posts: 71 Bunkers

I have a set of hickory-shafted clubs from the 30s (I think) and want to display them in my man-cave. What's the best way to do that? Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Bob

Posted:

Comments

• Hanlpa01Hanlpa01 Akron, OH 107WRX Points: 57Members Posts: 107 Fairways

My old boss had a set done in a shadow box with some other vintage golf gear. It looked pretty cool.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • deejaiddeejaid  785WRX Points: 674Members Posts: 785 Golden Tee

I always like the look of those golf club racks that are wood with a green felt background and hold the clubs horizontal and can be taken out just grabbing it, no glass at all.

To me, the experience is in the feeling of picking up the club, waggling it a bit, setting it down in playing position to see how it looks, feeling the leather grips, etc. That’s what gets me excited when I see a cool old club.

Posted:
    The bag...
    Late 1950’s Stan Thompson Reactionizer Woods 1-4
    Early 1980’s Palmer “The Deacon” irons 3-PW (Hoganized with Apex 4 shafts)
    1958 Wilson Triple Duty wedge
    Ping Day putter
  • James the Hogan FanJames the Hogan Fan  1015WRX Points: 673Handicap: 12Members Posts: 1,015 Platinum Tees

I like the shadow boxes too. Another option I have seen at the local golf shop is sort of like a table or billiard cue rack that you can put in the corner of a room and have the clubs poking out of it. (Vertically, like a wooden display golf bag) You could also get a period-correct bag and put them in that, and then display that in the corner of a room. Examples provided from internet.

Posted:
    Golfing in Finland!
    Taylormade R15
    W/S Fybrid 3W
    W/S Fybrid 5W
    Hogan Apex 2003 (3-E)
    Mizuno 56
    Maxfli Revolution 60
    Macgregor Jackie Pung Putter #10

• @_the_crook@_the_crook  838WRX Points: 323Members Posts: 838 Golden Tee

I like the shadow boxes too. Another option I have seen at the local golf shop is sort of like a table or billiard cue rack that you can put in the corner of a room and have the clubs poking out of it. (Vertically, like a wooden display golf bag) You could also get a period-correct bag and put them in that, and then display that in the corner of a room. Examples provided from internet.

this ^^^

Posted:
    currently playing:
    Steelhead III , FT-5 - D
    Warbirds, 3+, 4
    Hogan BH-5, 3-PW
    Wilson DynaPowered SW
    Ping Anser
    it works

when I need a change, there are 12 bags full to choose from .
  • WrigglesWriggles  3285WRX Points: 912Members Posts: 3,285 Titanium Tees

I have two hickory half sets I display in separate canvas and leather bags from the era. I got my bags some years ago, when you could still find them in the wild. One came from a church rummage sale, and the other from a half set of pyratone clubs I bought for $20 at a yard sale. Both in sterling condition.
    I just have them in a corner, waiting to be picked up and played.

Posted:
  • Azyankee7Azyankee7  17WRX Points: 19Handicap: 15Members Posts: 17 Bunkers

I used clips to hang pool sticks. Very cheap and you can remove the clubs

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.