2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Ping G410 Plus Driver

apj0524

Hi I'm Looking for other peoples experience of using or hitting the G410 Plus Driver.

I currently use a G SFT 12 degree Driver set to 11.4 degree (Not digitally checked) with the Tour 65 Reg Shaft and as I am an older guy my carry is about 210 ~ 220 yards, Spin is about 2000 ~ 2300 but I think the ball flight is too high. I had a quick hit with a 10.5 410 and liked the feel but they only had Alta shaft which I did not like. A couple of weeks later a Ping rep was have a demo day at a local club so I went along to be fitted and hit my driver off against a G410 Plus on in inside simulator. We tried the Alta could not find the centre of the head often, the Tour 65 was good, but just slightly better was the Tensei CK Orange, spin was the same as my current driver but with a consistent extra 10 yrds carry a bit more roll out, therefore at the end the recommendation he made was G410 weight set to Draw Tensei CK Orange Reg Shaft, but here's the thing he recommended me a 9 degree head set to 9, which was not what I was expecting, I was thinking I would be put into a 10.5 degree head, I questioned this and he said that the G410 is has a higher ball flight, not sure I believed him but with out being out side an seeing the actual ball flight not sure I bought this, as I know the Tensei is slightly CB and promotes a higher ball flight but on the LM the results between the Tour 65 and Tensei were similar

Anyway so my question is this that users of this driver, especially if your using the Tour 65 or Tensei Orange have you found the G410 Plus to have a higher ball flight that other G Drivers?

I was fitted to an Accra FX2.0 250 M4 shaft with the G410 also in a 9 degree head. I’ve always played a 10.5 degree head up to this point so I had the same curiosity.

I have to say I agree with the fitter. In my personal experience, the 9 degree G410 head is launching very high. I was fit into the small plus loft setting, but I might tinker and put it on the small minus to see if I like the flight better. I still have been getting good distance, but I can’t help but wonder if I’m losing yards due to the super high flight.

TSR2 8.0 / Tour AD CQ 6S

TSR2 16.5 / Ventus TR Red 7X

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

Artisan HC 6-P / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Artisan 49, 54, 59 / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Revolving Putter

This is weird because Ping rep told me the g410 had a lower launch then my g400 max. I've tested the g410 plus 4 times now and each time it's been a different result:

1. demo day - they put me in a g410 plus 9 deg lofted down to 8deg or lowest setting, fade bias in a tensei orange ck x flex 70? Supposedly I was launching 15 deg, 2300 with 160-165 ball speed. Funny is he didn't tell me how that compared to my current g400 max with a tour 65 s shaft but I noticed my flight was lower with my driver and carry was the same.

2. Went to a fitting range that didn't believe in launch monitors... but I tried same g410 plus in the same tensei shaft and a hzrdus yellow 6.5. I was hitting it very high with same settings and the hzrdus felt awful in the ping head.

3. Went to golf galaxy and same results didn't like the 410, my Max was about 5 yrds longer and smaller dispersion.

4. Went to a real fitter and the 410 was the worst of the 4 drivers he fitted me in. The Cobra f9, Taylormade m5 & the callaway flash were better for me.

So basically I'm as confused as you as I heard the g410 was lower launching but that clearly is not what I'm seeing. I honestly don't think the g410plus is better than my G400max. I love the tour 65 shaft but I think the hzrdus yellow is better for me so I might just buy a new shaft for my Max.

THe Plus is a great head but maybe the Gmax just fits you better. Also i'm not sure how good of a ball striker you are or your hcp but our swing changes from day to day so that might be why your results are all over the map.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

I should note, I’m comparing the G410 to my old Taylormade R1. I’ve also really worked on making my angle of attack not negative, so that could add to my perceived difference in height.

I did test the G400Max, and my results showed that the G410 was significantly less spinny. I struggle with spin off the driver, so that was a good thing.

TSR2 8.0 / Tour AD CQ 6S

TSR2 16.5 / Ventus TR Red 7X

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

Artisan HC 6-P / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Artisan 49, 54, 59 / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Revolving Putter

> @J13 said:

> THe Plus is a great head but maybe the Gmax just fits you better. Also i'm not sure how good of a ball striker you are or your hcp but our swing changes from day to day so that might be why your results are all over the map.

I'm a +2 and even though I'm getting older (39) my swing is pretty consistent day to day. That's one of the reasons I go to test clubs multiple times before I buy anything. The difference I was seeing I was experiencing was in the heads themselves. Same exact setup but I can tell when the ball is spinning out and my launch. The G400max is not my optimal head, I was fitted into a Callaway sub-zero 8 deg & a Ping g400 LST 8deg, those gave me my max distance but the G400max was the best for forgiveness which is why I use it. I was hoping the 410 was the in-between because I love Ping drivers.

I'm just a little confused as I read and was told the g410 was lower launch then the max which I found to be not true but that could just be me.

It has been lower launch for me. I have a 9* G410 with Evenflow Black 6.0. Had a G400 Max 9* and tried Alta CB, Tour 65s and a Aldila Rogue Max 75x. Launch was only similar when I went to Rogue Max 75x.

G410 is much better for me. I have it in a flat setting and weight set to fade. I would occasionally hit an ugly hook with G400 Max that would just kill my rounds. That is pretty much disappeared with the G410. I am probably test with the weight in middle to see if I can introduce a little draw back into my drives and see if I can pick up a few more yards. I am loving the G410 right now. I can hit it as long as anything I've played and it's very accurate for me. It def spins less than G400 Max for me. I don't feel I am losing any distance from my Epic Sub Zero and it is much more consistent. YMMV

Taylormade M6
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
SC Phantom X 5.5

I would say the fitter is correct. The Ping G410 9 degree launches higher than my G400 9 degree. My fitter set my standard G400 to 8 degrees with Ping Tour 65 stiff and it has been just right. If I went with higher loft I would see higher spin and lose distance.

He told me that the best way to cut spin is to play a lower lofted head to begin with, such as the 9 degree, which he said would cut spin more than adjusting the loft down on a 10.5 degree. Shaft choice has some impact on spin but loft has more.

Swings are all individual but the G410 by design should launch higher for most due to how they have positioned the weight for a lower and deeper COG.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

What is the difference in the flat setting compared to the reg setting.

Signature of Solon CC

Ping g430 10k 9 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

Titleist Tsr1 15 tour ad di6

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max blue Tpt shaft 34/71

> @Pittknife said:

> > @J13 said:

> > THe Plus is a great head but maybe the Gmax just fits you better. Also i'm not sure how good of a ball striker you are or your hcp but our swing changes from day to day so that might be why your results are all over the map.

>

> I'm a +2 and even though I'm getting older (39) my swing is pretty consistent day to day. That's one of the reasons I go to test clubs multiple times before I buy anything. The difference I was seeing I was experiencing was in the heads themselves. Same exact setup but I can tell when the ball is spinning out and my launch. The G400max is not my optimal head, I was fitted into a Callaway sub-zero 8 deg & a Ping g400 LST 8deg, those gave me my max distance but the G400max was the best for forgiveness which is why I use it. I was hoping the 410 was the in-between because I love Ping drivers.

>

> I'm just a little confused as I read and was told the g410 was lower launch then the max which I found to be not true but that could just be me.

Gotcha and 39 isn't old haha. Use what works and just wait for the new G410 LST. Gmax for me was too spinny and no more accurate than the LST so the choice was easy. Have you ever tried to go lower in loft and shorter heavier shaft?

Edel PROTO

Recently got fitted for the G410 after a trial on the golf course (hit it so well I booked myself in). I found it to be super forgiving and so easy to hit straight. Ended up with the 9* lofted at 8* and 1* flat with the even flow black.

I hit up on the ball quite a bit (this fitting it was around 4-5*) and found this combo to give me a nice trajectory

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Taylormade Stealth Pro
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix

• 2 weeks later...

G410 with Evenflow black 75 x - lowest loft and weight in the heel- It definitely has lower flatter ball flight, it doesn’t spin like the G400 or Max- I think it has the just the right amount of spin and best in forgiveness department- I am having the best driving stats - around 300 to 310 total distance but my misses are so predictable and it just gives me so much confidence- I always played lst versions, this is the first time that it didn’t cross my mind- I don’t know if anything will kick this out of my bag. It will have to take something really special with break through tech.

• Like 1

Found the opposite for my swing than some are reporting on here. I have the 410 with an Evenflow and Tour 65 shaft. In my fitting, it launched lower than my 400 LST (8.5 vs 9) with a spin difference of less than 200rpms. It was not enough that the fitter could say it was the head over strike. The best part for my swing was the adjustability. We were able to drop the spin lower (going down to 7.5) and keep a straighter ball flight with the weight adjustment vs the 400. Ball speed was up for me as well because I miss the center so much and it was a bit more forgiving. The Evenflow did give me a lower flight over the Tour 65 as well. I have played the Tour 65 in my Ping drivers since the G30 and it has been the best fit for me. I just kept my Tour shaft and have it sitting on standby just in case. Overall though, I would not have spent the extra money on the 410 though. I had a pro shop credit about to expire and took the leap. At the prices of the 400s now, it may even still be hard to justify but with this driver basically being free to me, the performance differences were enough to sway me that was over other stuff I could have gotten with that credit.

> @J13 said:

> > @Pittknife said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > THe Plus is a great head but maybe the Gmax just fits you better. Also i'm not sure how good of a ball striker you are or your hcp but our swing changes from day to day so that might be why your results are all over the map.

> >

> > I'm a +2 and even though I'm getting older (39) my swing is pretty consistent day to day. That's one of the reasons I go to test clubs multiple times before I buy anything. The difference I was seeing I was experiencing was in the heads themselves. Same exact setup but I can tell when the ball is spinning out and my launch. The G400max is not my optimal head, I was fitted into a Callaway sub-zero 8 deg & a Ping g400 LST 8deg, those gave me my max distance but the G400max was the best for forgiveness which is why I use it. I was hoping the 410 was the in-between because I love Ping drivers.

> >

> > I'm just a little confused as I read and was told the g410 was lower launch then the max which I found to be not true but that could just be me.

>

> Gotcha and 39 isn't old haha. Use what works and just wait for the new G410 LST. Gmax for me was too spinny and no more accurate than the LST so the choice was easy. Have you ever tried to go lower in loft and shorter heavier shaft?

I’ve always played 7.5-8.5, I’m not comfortable with going any lower as it starts to affect my miss left, making it more left.

I tried shorter and heavier shafts, it’s just how inside my swing path is. Funny is I’m a better iron striker which is opposite of my aoa on drivers. The 410 is a great head, I dropped the max for a m5. I’m hitting it lower and longer, with just a little less forgiveness. I really miss the sound of the max though, I don’t like the thud of the m5 or the 400lst.

> @Pittknife said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @Pittknife said:

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > > THe Plus is a great head but maybe the Gmax just fits you better. Also i'm not sure how good of a ball striker you are or your hcp but our swing changes from day to day so that might be why your results are all over the map.

> > >

> > > I'm a +2 and even though I'm getting older (39) my swing is pretty consistent day to day. That's one of the reasons I go to test clubs multiple times before I buy anything. The difference I was seeing I was experiencing was in the heads themselves. Same exact setup but I can tell when the ball is spinning out and my launch. The G400max is not my optimal head, I was fitted into a Callaway sub-zero 8 deg & a Ping g400 LST 8deg, those gave me my max distance but the G400max was the best for forgiveness which is why I use it. I was hoping the 410 was the in-between because I love Ping drivers.

> > >

> > > I'm just a little confused as I read and was told the g410 was lower launch then the max which I found to be not true but that could just be me.

> >

> > Gotcha and 39 isn't old haha. Use what works and just wait for the new G410 LST. Gmax for me was too spinny and no more accurate than the LST so the choice was easy. Have you ever tried to go lower in loft and shorter heavier shaft?

>

> I’ve always played 7.5-8.5, I’m not comfortable with going any lower as it starts to affect my miss left, making it more left.

>

> I tried shorter and heavier shafts, it’s just how inside my swing path is. Funny is I’m a better iron striker which is opposite of my aoa on drivers. The 410 is a great head, I dropped the max for a m5. I’m hitting it lower and longer, with just a little less forgiveness. I really miss the sound of the max though, I don’t like the thud of the m5 or the 400lst.

Gotcha. I fight getting stuck inside which means my miss is a block or hook off the planet so the longer the length the harder it is to get back in front of me. I'm at a 44.5" driver right now and my misses are much better than when I was at 45.25". Obviously, a miss is still a miss but the ball remains in our solar system haha.

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> > @Pittknife said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > > @Pittknife said:

> > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > THe Plus is a great head but maybe the Gmax just fits you better. Also i'm not sure how good of a ball striker you are or your hcp but our swing changes from day to day so that might be why your results are all over the map.

> > > >

> > > > I'm a +2 and even though I'm getting older (39) my swing is pretty consistent day to day. That's one of the reasons I go to test clubs multiple times before I buy anything. The difference I was seeing I was experiencing was in the heads themselves. Same exact setup but I can tell when the ball is spinning out and my launch. The G400max is not my optimal head, I was fitted into a Callaway sub-zero 8 deg & a Ping g400 LST 8deg, those gave me my max distance but the G400max was the best for forgiveness which is why I use it. I was hoping the 410 was the in-between because I love Ping drivers.

> > > >

> > > > I'm just a little confused as I read and was told the g410 was lower launch then the max which I found to be not true but that could just be me.

> > >

> > > Gotcha and 39 isn't old haha. Use what works and just wait for the new G410 LST. Gmax for me was too spinny and no more accurate than the LST so the choice was easy. Have you ever tried to go lower in loft and shorter heavier shaft?

> >

> > I’ve always played 7.5-8.5, I’m not comfortable with going any lower as it starts to affect my miss left, making it more left.

> >

> > I tried shorter and heavier shafts, it’s just how inside my swing path is. Funny is I’m a better iron striker which is opposite of my aoa on drivers. The 410 is a great head, I dropped the max for a m5. I’m hitting it lower and longer, with just a little less forgiveness. I really miss the sound of the max though, I don’t like the thud of the m5 or the 400lst.

>

> Gotcha. I fight getting stuck inside which means my miss is a block or hook off the planet so the longer the length the harder it is to get back in front of me. I'm at a 44.5" driver right now and my misses are much better than when I was at 45.25". Obviously, a miss is still a miss but the ball remains in our solar system haha.

I feel your pain man, my miss my entire life has been the snap hook, followed by the high block. I've just given up on the fade. I've tried all kinds of lengths, for my swing being so inside it just doesn't really affect it. The longer shaft will actually make me delay a little bit to square and can help keep me from snapping it too bad, but I'm probably a very small outlier that does that.

I'm going to try the 410lst when it comes up, I'm not happy with the m5 right now. I hit it a mile but it is just not as forgiving as the 400max. I like the extra 10-15, but not at the cost of forgiveness.

i really wanted to like this driver -- but it just spun up for me. i was using the tour 65x and it couldn't get consistently below 2800-3400 spin. the ballspeeds were great and on par with the EF SZ and M5 -- but i don't want to have to worry about spin and wind.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @Pittknife said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @Pittknife said:

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > @Pittknife said:

> > > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > > THe Plus is a great head but maybe the Gmax just fits you better. Also i'm not sure how good of a ball striker you are or your hcp but our swing changes from day to day so that might be why your results are all over the map.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm a +2 and even though I'm getting older (39) my swing is pretty consistent day to day. That's one of the reasons I go to test clubs multiple times before I buy anything. The difference I was seeing I was experiencing was in the heads themselves. Same exact setup but I can tell when the ball is spinning out and my launch. The G400max is not my optimal head, I was fitted into a Callaway sub-zero 8 deg & a Ping g400 LST 8deg, those gave me my max distance but the G400max was the best for forgiveness which is why I use it. I was hoping the 410 was the in-between because I love Ping drivers.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm just a little confused as I read and was told the g410 was lower launch then the max which I found to be not true but that could just be me.

> > > >

> > > > Gotcha and 39 isn't old haha. Use what works and just wait for the new G410 LST. Gmax for me was too spinny and no more accurate than the LST so the choice was easy. Have you ever tried to go lower in loft and shorter heavier shaft?

> > >

> > > I’ve always played 7.5-8.5, I’m not comfortable with going any lower as it starts to affect my miss left, making it more left.

> > >

> > > I tried shorter and heavier shafts, it’s just how inside my swing path is. Funny is I’m a better iron striker which is opposite of my aoa on drivers. The 410 is a great head, I dropped the max for a m5. I’m hitting it lower and longer, with just a little less forgiveness. I really miss the sound of the max though, I don’t like the thud of the m5 or the 400lst.

> >

> > Gotcha. I fight getting stuck inside which means my miss is a block or hook off the planet so the longer the length the harder it is to get back in front of me. I'm at a 44.5" driver right now and my misses are much better than when I was at 45.25". Obviously, a miss is still a miss but the ball remains in our solar system haha.

>

> I feel your pain man, my miss my entire life has been the snap hook, followed by the high block. I've just given up on the fade. I've tried all kinds of lengths, for my swing being so inside it just doesn't really affect it. The longer shaft will actually make me delay a little bit to square and can help keep me from snapping it too bad, but I'm probably a very small outlier that does that.

>

> I'm going to try the 410lst when it comes up, I'm not happy with the m5 right now. I hit it a mile but it is just not as forgiving as the 400max. I like the extra 10-15, but not at the cost of forgiveness.

You need to try The Callaway SZ Triple Diamond. Fade bias and amazing. It kicked out the G400LST after 2 years and i'm not even sure i'm going to worry about the G410LST now. It's that good especially for guys that don't want left.

Edel PROTO

> @jly said:

> Just got fitted in to a G410 Plus with the 65X shaft last night. Was kinda shocked that I ended up in extra stiff, but we'll see how it does on the course!

That's exactly what I was fitted for (65X). I picked it up yesterday and played 18. I am really happy with the purchase so far. I had two of my best drives of the year in the first round. I even had a drive get out there 260 in the fairway with an extreme bottom hit.

I have never played an X shaft before. I just felt the 65 Stiff was a little too whippy in the tip for my taste. The fitter and the TrackMan numbers agreed.

I am coming from a 915 D4. The G410 is much more forgiving, which I suppose is obvious.

Driver: PING G410 Plus, Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6S
3W: Titleist D917 13.5 @ 15, Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7S
5W: Titleist D917 18 @ 18.75, Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8S
Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2 21 @ 22, Diamana D+ 100 Hybrid
Irons: PING i210 (5-U), Nippon Modus 120S
Wedges: PING Glide (54 SS, 58 WS), PING CFS Wedge
Putter: PING Sigma 2 Arna
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I hit it at an outdoor demo today. Great product. I was fit for the g410 plus with Tensei Orange. 10.5* turned down, weight in the fade setting and shaft set in the flat setting. I could absolutely put it in the bag.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

> @J13 said:

> > @Pittknife said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > > @Pittknife said:

> > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > > @Pittknife said:

> > > > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > > > THe Plus is a great head but maybe the Gmax just fits you better. Also i'm not sure how good of a ball striker you are or your hcp but our swing changes from day to day so that might be why your results are all over the map.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm a +2 and even though I'm getting older (39) my swing is pretty consistent day to day. That's one of the reasons I go to test clubs multiple times before I buy anything. The difference I was seeing I was experiencing was in the heads themselves. Same exact setup but I can tell when the ball is spinning out and my launch. The G400max is not my optimal head, I was fitted into a Callaway sub-zero 8 deg & a Ping g400 LST 8deg, those gave me my max distance but the G400max was the best for forgiveness which is why I use it. I was hoping the 410 was the in-between because I love Ping drivers.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm just a little confused as I read and was told the g410 was lower launch then the max which I found to be not true but that could just be me.

> > > > >

> > > > > Gotcha and 39 isn't old haha. Use what works and just wait for the new G410 LST. Gmax for me was too spinny and no more accurate than the LST so the choice was easy. Have you ever tried to go lower in loft and shorter heavier shaft?

> > > >

> > > > I’ve always played 7.5-8.5, I’m not comfortable with going any lower as it starts to affect my miss left, making it more left.

> > > >

> > > > I tried shorter and heavier shafts, it’s just how inside my swing path is. Funny is I’m a better iron striker which is opposite of my aoa on drivers. The 410 is a great head, I dropped the max for a m5. I’m hitting it lower and longer, with just a little less forgiveness. I really miss the sound of the max though, I don’t like the thud of the m5 or the 400lst.

> > >

> > > Gotcha. I fight getting stuck inside which means my miss is a block or hook off the planet so the longer the length the harder it is to get back in front of me. I'm at a 44.5" driver right now and my misses are much better than when I was at 45.25". Obviously, a miss is still a miss but the ball remains in our solar system haha.

> >

> > I feel your pain man, my miss my entire life has been the snap hook, followed by the high block. I've just given up on the fade. I've tried all kinds of lengths, for my swing being so inside it just doesn't really affect it. The longer shaft will actually make me delay a little bit to square and can help keep me from snapping it too bad, but I'm probably a very small outlier that does that.

> >

> > I'm going to try the 410lst when it comes up, I'm not happy with the m5 right now. I hit it a mile but it is just not as forgiving as the 400max. I like the extra 10-15, but not at the cost of forgiveness.

>

> You need to try The Callaway SZ Triple Diamond. Fade bias and amazing. It kicked out the G400LST after 2 years and i'm not even sure i'm going to worry about the G410LST now. It's that good especially for guys that don't want left.

Is it close to the G400 LST forgiveness-wise?

> @NorthStar7 said:

> > @jly said:

> > Just got fitted in to a G410 Plus with the 65X shaft last night. Was kinda shocked that I ended up in extra stiff, but we'll see how it does on the course!

>

> That's exactly what I was fitted for (65X). I picked it up yesterday and played 18. I am really happy with the purchase so far. I had two of my best drives of the year in the first round. I even had a drive get out there 260 in the fairway with an extreme bottom hit.

>

> I have never played an X shaft before. I just felt the 65 Stiff was a little too whippy in the tip for my taste. The fitter and the TrackMan numbers agreed.

>

> I am coming from a 915 D4. The G410 is much more forgiving, which I suppose is obvious.

Mine was great in the first round on the course too. Misses went about as far as my old M2 and I was curving the ball way less as well overall. Couldn't be happier with the purchase!

Callaway Epic Max LS
Callaway Epic Flash 3W
Callaway X-Forged '18 UT 18 degree
Srixon ZX7 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM7 50, 54, 58

Bettinardi BB1F