Original 2 Thumb Grip - Similar options?

Titleist+2Titleist+2 Members Posts: 182 ✭✭

Curious if anyone has been able to replicate the putting grip style from 2 thumb (ex. Matt Wallace) on any other style of putter grip? Having a hard time finding a 2 thumb with US Shipping. Was thinking maybe a flat cat model? If anyone has any suggestions id appreciate it!

WITB pending

Comments

• H8 3puttsH8 3putts Members Posts: 239 ✭✭

I just dug out my old 2 thumb lite(155g!!) out of the box of old grips in the garage to try the palms opposed/Matt Wallace type thing for a bit. Have stuck it onto a 360g Never Compromise near centre shaft head and it feels pretty good.
    While rummaging in the box I came across a superstroke flatso mid that came on a used putter at some point in the past and got pulled for whatever my preferred grip was at that time. That grip feels like a really good fit for a 2 thumb type grip and is way more reasonable weight wise at 67g. Have stuck it onto a Yes center shaft to give it a run. Unfortunately that grip is now discontinued but I'm guessing one of their current models, the flatso 2.0 or 3.0 might give a similar result.
    There is also an older model flatso on clearance at Golfworks. It's a bigger model than the mid and a bit heavier at 100g but might work.
    https://www.golfworks.com/superstroke-flasto-17-super-jumbo-putter-grip/p/st0026/

• MattM97MattM97 Members Posts: 319 ✭✭

Components Plus in Michigan has 2-Thumb grips on their site. My other guess for a similar grip would be the Flat Cat grips.

WITB - Lefty
    Driver: << Testing in Progress >>
    ulAVttu.png - F7 3W - 15.5D - Tensei Blue 60S
    0kZapzq.png- 816 H1 - 21 - Diamana S+ 70R
    Tghg11i.jpg - Z585 4-7 / Z785 8-PW - AMT White Tour S300
    Wedges:
    • cKIO92v.png- MD3 - 51
    • LhHjFh3.png - Glide 2.0 Stealth - 56
    • LhHjFh3.png - Glide - 60

Putter: q8m5K5T.png - E-3
    taylormade-small.jpg - TP5x or urp3gG8.png - MTB Red
    LhHjFh3.png - Pioneer
  • Titleist+2Titleist+2 Members Posts: 182 ✭✭

@MattM97 said:
    Components Plus in Michigan has 2-Thumb grips on their site. My other guess for a similar grip would be the Flat Cat grips.

awesome find, thank you so much! Im in southeast MI and have never heard of those guys

WITB pending
  • Titleist+2Titleist+2 Members Posts: 182 ✭✭

@H8 3putts said:
    I just dug out my old 2 thumb lite(155g!!) out of the box of old grips in the garage to try the palms opposed/Matt Wallace type thing for a bit. Have stuck it onto a 360g Never Compromise near centre shaft head and it feels pretty good.
    While rummaging in the box I came across a superstroke flatso mid that came on a used putter at some point in the past and got pulled for whatever my preferred grip was at that time. That grip feels like a really good fit for a 2 thumb type grip and is way more reasonable weight wise at 67g. Have stuck it onto a Yes center shaft to give it a run. Unfortunately that grip is now discontinued but I'm guessing one of their current models, the flatso 2.0 or 3.0 might give a similar result.
    There is also an older model flatso on clearance at Golfworks. It's a bigger model than the mid and a bit heavier at 100g but might work.
    https://www.golfworks.com/superstroke-flasto-17-super-jumbo-putter-grip/p/st0026/

was thinking about putting it on a center shaft as well, youre liking it so far?

WITB pending
  • MattM97MattM97 Members Posts: 319 ✭✭

@Titleist+2 said:

@MattM97 said:

awesome find, thank you so much! Im in southeast MI and have never heard of those guys

Sweet, even better. I came across them when looking for courses in SE Michigan on a trip I'm gonna take at the end of May.

WITB - Lefty
    Driver: << Testing in Progress >>
    ulAVttu.png - F7 3W - 15.5D - Tensei Blue 60S
    0kZapzq.png- 816 H1 - 21 - Diamana S+ 70R
    Tghg11i.jpg - Z585 4-7 / Z785 8-PW - AMT White Tour S300
    Wedges:
    • cKIO92v.png- MD3 - 51
    • LhHjFh3.png - Glide 2.0 Stealth - 56
    • LhHjFh3.png - Glide - 60

Putter: q8m5K5T.png - E-3
    taylormade-small.jpg - TP5x or urp3gG8.png - MTB Red
    LhHjFh3.png - Pioneer
  • H8 3puttsH8 3putts Members Posts: 239 ✭✭

Only threw them on at the beginning of the week so just been putting around on the carpet so far. Playing tomorrow so we'll see how that goes. Did actually putt with that style towards the end of last summer with an old bullseye and a slightly oversize grip and liked it. Was pretty solid on short putts but a little iffy on longer pace putts.