Footjoy Fury vs Tour S

JokerK3nJokerK3n SingaporeMembers Posts: 21 ✭✭

I'm looking for a new spiked shoe and would like to hear opinions and comparisons of our members who wore both!
Please rate in terms of comfort, stability, grip, style and BOA/no BOA.
Ps: Only this 2 models as I'm getting a replacement for my current DNA Helix and was offered either of these options. Also I searched extensively but there hasn't been a comparison between this 2 shoes!

Comments

• hurley999shurley999s Members Posts: 164 ✭✭

I have the Tour S but not Fury so can’t speak to it. To me they seem to be totally different shoes for people looking for different things so that’s probably why there’s no comparison. Tour-S you feel locked in and stable. Fury looks like more of a spiked sneaker.

• JokerK3nJokerK3n SingaporeMembers Posts: 21 ✭✭

I see, but if I'm looking for the best spiked shoes from Footjoy which would you recommend? How has Tour S performed for you?

• caniac6caniac6 Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭

I tried on both yesterday. The S seemed to fit well, and felt good, but slipped on my heels. The Fury felt ok, but just looked cheaply made.

• MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 3,934 ✭✭

I fear the material on the toe and sides of the Fury would yellow over time. They are the most comfy shoe I have put on this year though.

Driver: Adams 9064LS 9.5*
    Irons: Ping I-20 4-W
    Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue Mid 16*, 19*
    Wedges: Scratch 8620 53*, 58*
    Putter: SeeMore mFGP
    Bag: SM Four5 / Ball: Srixon ZStar XV
  • neild76neild76 Members Posts: 328 ✭✭

They both look like nurses' shoes.

• BMCBMC Members Posts: 3,555 ✭✭

Get some FJ Dryjoys. The Tour S are pretty heavy. Many tour pros wear Dryjoys...and they walk.

PING Rapture V1 Driver 9*
    Cobra Baffler Pro 18* & 23* hybrids
    Titleist 755 irons
    Vokey Wedges 46/54/58
    Odyssey #1WS
  • MooMoo Members Posts: 319 ✭✭

Fury is a well made shoe and comfortable. They replaced the Hyperflex 2, which did yellow and took on water while in warranty. The Fury was the replacement that Footjoy sent me and it's an upgrade from the Hyperflex 2. The Fury has plenty of stability for me, but I prefer a more flexible shoe.

Driver Number One: Titleist 910 D2 with Diamana White
    Driver Number Two: Titleist 910 D3 with RIP Alpha
    Mizuno MP 54 P-4
    Rogue 3 wood with Evenflow Blue (so easy to hit high and long...Evenflow rules!)
    Epic 5 wood with Rogue Black
    Titleist 915 F 7 wood (the incredible Hedgehog...there is no turf that can stop the Hedgehog!)
    Miura 56 K
    Vokey gap and 62 M
    Ping Vault Ketsch 2.0
  • oiler45oiler45 Members Posts: 255 ✭✭

I have both the Tour S and Dryjoy Tours. I can tell you with certainty - the Tour S is lighter than the Dryjoy - by a fair amount too.
    Tour S and Fury are different types of shoes - if you're looking for ultimate stability go with the Tour S. If you want a more flexible, sneaker style - Fury is your choice between the two. I really like my Tour S - I have the all white version - light, comfortable and super stable. I also think they look great - I want golf shoes to look like golf shoes - not a running shoe.

Does the tongue in Tour S move? I had that trouble with DNA Helix.

• oiler45oiler45 Members Posts: 255 ✭✭

I haven't noticed any tongue movement - the laces go through the tongue-notch thingy and seems to limit any movement.
    I always swore by the Dryjoy Tours - I felt they were the best shoes on the market, but so far I honestly think the Tour S is the better shoe.

• NJGolfer0624NJGolfer0624 Members Posts: 111 ✭✭

@Moo said:
    Fury is a well made shoe and comfortable. They replaced the Hyperflex 2, which did yellow and took on water while in warranty. The Fury was the replacement that Footjoy sent me and it's an upgrade from the Hyperflex 2. The Fury has plenty of stability for me, but I prefer a more flexible shoe.

Is this true?

@NJGolfer0624 said:

@Moo said:

Is this true?

Yes, it is all true. But I wonder why you think it wouldn't be. The white parts of my Hyperflex 2 turned a terrible yellow color and they started to leak within the warranty period. As I understand it, the cracking of the upper from toe flex was not uncommon on that shoe. Footjoy replaced them with the Fury in early Feb when the shoe was released. My comments about the comfort and quality are of course subjective, but none-the-less my honest assessment.

Mizuno MP 54 P-4
    Rogue 3 wood with Evenflow Blue (so easy to hit high and long...Evenflow rules!)
    Titleist 915 F 7 wood (the incredible Hedgehog...there is no turf that can stop the Hedgehog!)
    Miura 56 K
    Vokey gap and 62 M
    Ping Vault Ketsch 2.0

@Moo said:

@NJGolfer0624 said:

@Moo said:

Is this true?

Yes, it is all true. But I wonder why you think it wouldn't be. The white parts of my Hyperflex 2 turned a terrible yellow color and they started to leak within the warranty period. As I understand it, the cracking of the upper from toe flex was not uncommon on that shoe. Footjoy replaced them with the Fury in early Feb when the shoe was released. My comments about the comfort and quality are of course subjective, but none-the-less my honest assessment.

I used my Hyperflex (the first gen) for 5 years till it crocodiled. Great durability and no yellowing or cracking. Not sure on Hyperflex II.
    I changed to DNA Helix because it's the only option in dark coloured BOA (white is pretty but doesn't last) and it's so much more stable and comfortable but the tongue moves so much and it hurts the top of my feet. Footjoy has been really nice and offered a replacement.
    So here I am still in my dilemma to pick Fury or Tour S.

edited Apr 28, 2019 2:35pm #15

@JokerK3n said:

@Moo said:

@NJGolfer0624 said:

@Moo said:

Is this true?

I used my Hyperflex (the first gen) for 5 years till it crocodiled. Great durability and no yellowing or cracking. Not sure on Hyperflex II.
    I changed to DNA Helix because it's the only option in dark coloured BOA (white is pretty but doesn't last) and it's so much more stable and comfortable but the tongue moves so much and it hurts the top of my feet. Footjoy has been really nice and offered a replacement.
    So here I am still in my dilemma to pick Fury or Tour S.

The white plastic web-like material on the Hyperflex did yellow for some people. Mine looked terrible after a year or so in the sun and the mud, and you could not clean it off. I had a friend with the exact same shoe and color (the blue Boa model) and his were also yellowing, but not nearly as much as mine (I play about 3 times more than him, so the difference might simply be mine had much more use). Here is a link to some concerns from others. I'll add, I didn't really care much about the yellowing and I never would have made a warranty claim for that issue. I made a warranty claim because the right shoe started really taking on water and it was clear the cracks on the upper where the shoe would fold was the entry point. Footjoy stood by their warranty and it was a stress-free process to get a replacement. I have not even tried on the Tour S, so I can offer you zero insight into which of your two choices would be best for you. Good luck.

https://www.footjoy.com/community/discussions/f/5/t/15027.aspx

Mizuno MP 54 P-4
    Miura 56 K
    Vokey gap and 62 M
    Ping Vault Ketsch 2.0

Here, I found it. Photos showing cracking and yellowing of Hyperflex 2.
    https://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/threads/footjoy-hyperflex-design-error.98395/

Mizuno MP 54 P-4
    Miura 56 K
    Vokey gap and 62 M
    Ping Vault Ketsch 2.0
  • mikeditmikedit Members Posts: 165 ✭✭

I had a pair of Fury shoes, the blue model. They were very comfortable but I had the same issue mentioned above, it was a white line through the blue part where the toe flex would be. Took them back and got a refund, no questions asked.

@Moo said:

@NJGolfer0624 said:

@Moo said:

Is this true?

Relax guy, I haven’t heard that the Hyperflex was being replaced. Sorry just because it is on the internet doesn’t mean I shouldn’t question it or believe it. Maybe I’m wrong and the internet only tells truths. Lol

@NJGolfer0624 said:

@Moo said:

@NJGolfer0624 said:

@Moo said:

Is this true?

Relax guy, I haven’t heard that the Hyperflex was being replaced. Sorry just because it is on the internet doesn’t mean I shouldn’t question it or believe it. Maybe I’m wrong and the internet only tells truths. Lol

Oh, GFY. How's that for relaxed?

Mizuno MP 54 P-4
    Miura 56 K
    Vokey gap and 62 M
    Ping Vault Ketsch 2.0

@Moo said:

@NJGolfer0624 said:

@Moo said:

@NJGolfer0624 said:

@Moo said:

Is this true?

Gee thanks.

@NJGolfer0624 said:

@Moo said:

@NJGolfer0624 said:

@Moo said:

@NJGolfer0624 said:

@Moo said:

Is this true?

Gee thanks.

You're welcome. What I think you fail to understand is that it is YOU that started dishing the attitude. What exactly about my reply to you wasn't reasonable or not, "relaxed". The answer is nothing. Then again, had I assumed your question was so pedestrian, and could have been answered yourself with a five second Google search, this could have been avoided.
    If you're looking for the root of this problem, find a mirror.

Mizuno MP 54 P-4
    Miura 56 K
    Vokey gap and 62 M
    Ping Vault Ketsch 2.0
    edited Apr 29, 2019 6:47pm #22

Lol ok
    All the best to you

Guys chill. I finally decided on the Tour S! :)