Odyssey Tri Hot putters

sticxsticx Members Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited Apr 26, 2019 7:47am in Putters #1

Hello everyone, I'm new to golf WRX so you may have heard this question before. Anyone here ever use an Odyssey TriHot putter? If so, I'm looking at the TriHot #2 and #3. Any opinions on either of these putters would be appreciated. Thanks everyone, and look forward to to hearing your opinions.

Post edited by sticx on
Tagged:

Comments

• burgeburge Members Posts: 88 ✭✭

I have a Tri-hot #1 half mallet that occasionally subs in for a weekend when the current gamer misbehaves. While this is not the model you asked about I will say that it has a very lively feel off the face. I have always been surprised that the tri-hot series seemed to be limited to a one year production run. It is an underrated putter in my opinion.

• sticxsticx Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

Thanks burge for the help. I'm not as experienced as most of you golfers here, but I have read a few blogs recently of people saying its one of the best putters they've used. But like you said, why production for only one year. But they obviously hold their value on price for the used ones I'm looking at. Haha. Thanks again burge.

• KRW59KRW59 Hoarder Members Posts: 849 ✭✭
    edited Apr 27, 2019 1:07am #4

@sticx said:
    Hello everyone, I'm new to golf WRX so you may have heard this question before. Anyone here ever use an Odyssey TriHot putter? If so, I'm looking at the TriHot #2 and #3. Any opinions on either of these putters would be appreciated. Thanks everyone, and look forward to to hearing your opinions.

Welcome to Golfwrx....I think the Tri Hots were a very high quality putter in their time...
    The reason they are so rare , is at the time they were released Tiger was is in his prime
    (2001) and that same year , for about the same $300 , Scotty had some of his most iconic putters in his release cycle. Including the Pro Platinum, The Mil-Specs , Studio Designs , and Teryllium Two.

Steve Stricker and K.J Choi were using Tri Hots , and if I remember correctly , most of
    them were shipped to Korea , where there was a very high demand.....

They have a tungsten back weight , firm insert , and believe head weight was 340 grams ,
    Mine shared time with a Scotty mid slant Mil -Spec at the time....still have both...
    Below is my Odyssey Tri Hot #3 , the only Odyssey with a insert I ever liked.....

Cobra King F9 10.5* / Fuji Speeder Evo IV  569-SR
    TEE EX10 Beta 16.5* / Fuji Platinum Speeder 5-SR
    TEE EX10 19* / Fuji Platinum Speeder 6-S
    TEE EX9 22* / Attas 4U 7-S.
    TEE EX9 25* / Attas 4U 7-X
    I have added about 10 grams of weight to all the fwy / hybrid
    shafts , using Sensicore inserts wrapped with lead tape.

Cobra Forged Tec Black / 28* 6 iron thru 49.5* GW / 4.5* gapping
    Recoil 780 Es Smac wrap F3 / GW shaft internally weighted to 95 grams

King Black Wedges / 54* versatile/ Recoil 95 F3 shaft weighted to 110 grams
    58* versatile / Recoil 110 F4 shaft weighted to 125 grams ( heat shrink tube )

Piretti Savona 2 Elite《Murdered》or 1/1 GSS High Toe Potenza II

Flask - Crown Black

@KRW59 said:

@sticx said:

Welcome to Golfwrx....I think the Tri Hots were a very high quality putter in their time...
    The reason they are so rare , is at the time they were released Tiger was is in his prime
    (2001) and that same year , for about the same $300 , Scotty had some of his most iconic putters in his release cycle. Including the Pro Platinum, The Mil-Specs , Studio Designs , and Teryllium Two.

Steve Stricker and K.J Choi were using Tri Hots , and if I remember correctly , most of
    them were shipped to Korea , where there was a very high demand.....

They have a tungsten back weight , firm insert , and believe head weight was 340 grams ,
    Mine shared time with a Scotty mid slant Mil -Spec at the time....still have both...
    Below is my Odyssey Tri Hot #3 , the only Odyssey with a insert I ever liked.....

[email protected] Beautiful club. Yes looks like the #3 I was looking at on eBay. So, you prefer milled face putters over the inserts? I'm new at golf again, starting over from a 7 year break. But back then I didn't like the white hot insert putter. Was nice when I hit it solid but I probably had a hard time hitting it in the center because of my stroke. I had never heard of the TriHot before. And I just seen for first time also, the Ti-Hot putter. Ha. Thank you so much for the info. Have a great season.

• KRW59KRW59 Hoarder Members Posts: 849 ✭✭

@sticx said:
    [email protected] Beautiful club. Yes looks like the #3 I was looking at on eBay. So, you prefer milled face putters over the inserts? I'm new at golf again, starting over from a 7 year break. But back then I didn't like the white hot insert putter. Was nice when I hit it solid but I probably had a hard time hitting it in the center because of my stroke. I had never heard of the TriHot before. And I just seen for first time also, the Ti-Hot putter. Ha. Thank you so much for the info. Have a great season.

I gave alot of insert faced putters a try.......but in the end , I have settled on solid , milled
    face putters. I prefer the feel , and distance control I get with them ....YMMV....

Cobra King F9 10.5* / Fuji Speeder Evo IV  569-SR
    TEE EX10 Beta 16.5* / Fuji Platinum Speeder 5-SR
    TEE EX10 19* / Fuji Platinum Speeder 6-S
    TEE EX9 22* / Attas 4U 7-S.
    TEE EX9 25* / Attas 4U 7-X
    I have added about 10 grams of weight to all the fwy / hybrid
    shafts , using Sensicore inserts wrapped with lead tape.

Cobra Forged Tec Black / 28* 6 iron thru 49.5* GW / 4.5* gapping
    Recoil 780 Es Smac wrap F3 / GW shaft internally weighted to 95 grams

King Black Wedges / 54* versatile/ Recoil 95 F3 shaft weighted to 110 grams
    58* versatile / Recoil 110 F4 shaft weighted to 125 grams ( heat shrink tube )

Piretti Savona 2 Elite《Murdered》or 1/1 GSS High Toe Potenza II

Flask - Crown Black

Well, I kind of went the opposite direction for now. I ordered an Odyssey Protype #5 CS from Callaway Pre-owned last night. Hope I like it. Thanks for the opinions everyone!

• mspeedpikamspeedpika Members Posts: 1,058 ✭✭

Have a trihot #1 and #3, classic purters all milled, great insert. Use them both with a tri force #3 on my practice green. However current gamer is Oworks 7s, just so easy to align. If you ever get a tri hot just keep it, they are something else.

• gregh729gregh729 #TheWRX 2016 Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭

I've had a TriHot #3 for over 10 years. It was my only putter for about 5 of those years, but now I am back to a rotation of putters. Like KRW59 said, it has a tungsten back weight , firm insert , and the head weight is 335 - 340 grams (I called Callaway many years ago). Mine has a few battle scars on the top line. Very hard to find and prices seem to be $100+ in most cases.

Callaway Epic SZ, 9*
    Callaway Epic 15*, 18*
    Callaway Rogue 4H, 21*
    Callaway Steelhead XR, 5-AW
    Titleist Vokey SM7 54F, 58K
    Odyssey O-Works Black 7s
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers Posts: 2,718 ✭✭

TriHot has the same insert as White Hot. So if you didn't like the White Hot insert probably best to look elsewhere.

PING i20 10.5*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist SM6 52.08F, 58.08M
    TaylorMade TP Soto

• erikroerikro Massachusetts Members Posts: 601 ✭✭

Not a tri hot but just picked this tri force up today for $20.