Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

What is coming soon. (Currently in validation phase 8/11)

jj9000jj9000 ClubWRX Posts: 2,677 ClubWRX

A new site?
New and usable software code?
Something other than this?

What is coming?

Post edited by Gxgolfer on

Comments

• GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator Posts: 26,838 admin

New theme is being worked on.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
  • GFishGFish Members Posts: 74 ✭✭

I agree with you. Not sure why the change and I give the layout and look a 1 or 2 out of 10. The most annoying feature is there is no dates on when the last post was posted. Come on - that is just basic forum layout information. My guess is this forum lost a lot of users, which is too bad, as I really enjoyed reading through it before.
    Needs to change back or better quickly, as not sure how it is stayed in this new format so long and how anyone could have given the green light to go ahead with this new look.

• GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator Posts: 26,838 admin
    edited May 12, 2019 9:30pm #5

New theme is coming along well. As we get farther along, will post screenshots. Incremental changes to this theme are ongoing.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    BST AD Help
  • cpeckcpeck North new jerseyMembers Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2019 2:58pm #6

for the like button and disagree, you you make it turn red or something after you click like. happens often on the picture threads you can’t remember exactly where you left off and de lick and the count goes down. not a big deal but still would be a nice added touch.

• cpeckcpeck North new jerseyMembers Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

many members not all, things are getting a lot better, just some of the little things need tweaking to make others feel at home again.

• KaexoKaexo Members Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2019 5:55pm #8

Pretty much the best thing for classified sales was the feedback. Seems to have been fully lost which is a shame for those guys that had 500+ feedback.

It made a huge difference in trusting someone especially if you were on the fence for a large sum.

Previous feedback scores were exported. New system is specd and being worked on. A static display of old feedback is supposed to go in this week.

BST AD Help
  • GolfBum82GolfBum82 Major Winner Members Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭✭

I absolutely love GolfWrx but this new formatting and style is awful. Please bring the app back or work with Tapatalk to get support. Using a browser to surf the site is unbelievably clunky.

edited May 22, 2019 3:38am #11

Mobile skin will be updated.

Tapatalk currently does not support Vanillaforums. We are investigating alternatives but no eta.

For those who favor Tapatalk, their business practices have a lot to be desired by doing a simple search. Somethings we experienced first hand.

BST AD Help
  • jj9000jj9000 ClubWRX Posts: 2,677 ClubWRX

@Gxgolfer @easyyy
    When will the skin/site changes be rolled out?

Are you guys abandoning incremental changes to the current layout (I hope so)?

Are you guys beta testing the new skin...or hot cutting it like the old to new forum?

Checking in incremenally but spending much less time here once I check in.

What is status and ETA?

Sometime in June

Incremental changes are still occurring that will roll into the new skin.

We are testing the new skin and will roll it out when it’s ready sometime in June.

We will post screen shots when as it progresses. It’s probably 30 to 40% done.

BST AD Help
  • MitchellMitchell Members Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Will previous like rating numbers that were lost in transition be restored with this update?

Mizuno MP Craft 611 10* Fuji Motore Speeder 7.1
    Taylormade 300 tour 15* Fuji Evolution TS 869
    Titleist 818h1 21* Atmos Blue TS HB 8s
    Titleist 962b 3-pw s400
    Vokey sm7 raw M 54* s400
    Vokey sm7 raw M 60* s400
    Cameron 1995 Laguna

Feedback will return with previous feedback imported. Feedback is being totally rewritten.

BST AD Help
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

People in general does not like changes with the familiar theme they had grown used.
    I guess it's all dollars and cents besides the "newer, better". Had seen quite a few other social media gone down right after the change over.
    Newer, sometimes is not better.

Newer was required in order to stay operational.

BST AD Help
  • GolfBum82GolfBum82 Major Winner Members Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭✭

Understood. I get that transitions can be difficult but as long as the end result is worth it we will all be happy. I’d be curious from an analytic standpoint if BST posts are down or any other categories.> @Gxgolfer said:

Newer was required in order to stay operational.

• CwingCwing #TaylorMade TwistFace Experience 2018 Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals,Members Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I didn’t care for the change but love GolfWrx. Things had slowly improved but I am looking forward to the upcoming enhancements.

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    Cleveland RTX 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/

From an analytics perspective across the board we are almost at same levels as last year. Within low single digits, and debatable margin of error.

With the new skin and rollouts we should be back to previous levels and positive trending.

BST AD Help
  • YMarkYMark Members Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Gxgolfer said:
    From an analytics perspective across the board we are almost at same levels as last year. Within low single digits, and debatable margin of error.

_With the new skin and rollouts we should be back to previous levels and positive trending. _

That's a huge hope and stretch. It'll take the rest of the year to get back to previous levels. And that's IF the User Experience is back to what it was.

Mark
    Havin fun in the AZ sun

Not really a stretch, just like Tiger winning another major.

BST AD Help
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Gxgolfer said:
    Not really a stretch, just like Tiger winning another major.

Just keep doing what you are doing. Its not that bad, and where else is there to go??

Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • ballpilotballpilot Members Posts: 13 ✭✭

Close enough to June, tease us with a screen shot.

Right now it’s like a framed house. Hopefully by this weekend will have something to post. The functionality and search will be there. The only thing we can’t overcome right now is pm interface.

Mobile will be most improved. Optimized for tablets and phones.

New Feedback is in early phase of development.

BST AD Help
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

looking forward to the unveiling

Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace SNYPER  46"
    Oregon Ducks Bag

It’s 1 to 2 weeks out from roll out.

BST AD Help
  • ballpilotballpilot Members Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited Jun 8, 2019 5:45pm #29

7 days from roll out. The anticipation can be intense. Like a blind date, she's either hot, or not so much, but then what do you do when expectations fall on the downside of happiness. Home pages look good, very professional, forum pages not so much.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file