Best Rain Jacket/ Vest

buckrogers71 ·  
buckrogers71buckrogers71  395WRX Points: 127Members Posts: 395 Greens

Looking for a rain jacket that can be converted into a vest (zip off sleeves). I have an old FJ Dry Joys jacket that allows me to do both. I like the jacket/ vest, but its SOOO heavy. Have you guys run across anything like this? Any recommendations?

Posted:

Comments

• buckrogers71buckrogers71  395WRX Points: 127Members Posts: 395 Greens

No one has come across something like this. I have looked at FJ, Adidas, Sun Mountain and the best they have is a jacket that zips into a short sleeve. While that might not be bad, I am a short fat fellow and my arms arent the longest so the zip off often puts the sleeve right at my elbow. Wasnt sure if there were other brands out there that would have what I am looking for.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MKPAPAMKPAPA Long Beach, California 548WRX Points: 112Handicap: 7.3Members Posts: 548 Golden Tee

Nike has a jacket that allows for the forearm sleeves to be removed. might not be what you're looking for but heres a link https://www.nike.com/t/hypershield-mens-convertible-golf-jacket-ZDG9HC

Posted:
  • buckrogers71buckrogers71  395WRX Points: 127Members Posts: 395 Greens

On -, @MKPAPA said:

Nike has a jacket that allows for the forearm sleeves to be removed. might not be what you're looking for but heres a link https://www.nike.com/t/hypershield-mens-convertible-golf-jacket-ZDG9HC

Thanks but i was looking for some that unzipped at the shoulder. I know it kinda defeats the purpose of a "rain jacket/shirt" but i just find with those 1/2 sleeves it hits in the wrong spot.

Posted:
  • earleyrcearleyrc  435WRX Points: 105Handicap: 6.3Members Posts: 435 Greens

I know DSG/GG used to carry a Walter Hagen convertible jacket that detached at elbow & shoulder (so basically it was a jacket, ran shirt & rain vest in 1). It fit horribly on me and I don't know if they still sell it.

Edit: they do still carry this... no clue how good it actually performs though since it's only wind/water resistant. https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/walter-hagen-mens-3-in-1-golf-jacket-fa13whradiumjackt/fa13whradiumjackt?camp=CSE:DSG_92700040958842642_pla_pla-504972540866&gclid=Cj0KCQjwn8_mBRCLARIsAKxi0GKNFX8V_XN-uNRZ45Q36XsvH9kxNIMWPp1XjTA9YKqcMkOAlAEQ_FkaAssTEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Posted:
    Driver (9.5°) - Titleist TS3 Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 74
    Wood (15°) - Titleist 915Fd Diamana D+ White 80
    Hybrid (19°) - Titleist 913h Diamana S+ Blue 82
    Irons (4-9) - Titleist 718AP2 DG S300 AMT
    Wedges (46.08F, 50.08F) - Vokey SM6 DG S200
    Wedges (54.10,58.10) - Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 DG S200
    Flat Stick (34") - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Matador Mid
  • bellkenbellken  871WRX Points: 149Members Posts: 871 Golden Tee

Zero Restriction Mens GORE-TEX PacLite Traveler Rain Jacket converts to a short sleeve, and, to a vest. Also, on sale at tgw.com use code APP30 for 30% discount

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.