2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

Private Clubs in Westchester

ChuckZ1956 ·  
ChuckZ1956ChuckZ1956  13WRX Points: 8Handicap: 20Members Posts: 13

I am considering bidding on one or two foursomes at private clubs in the Westchester area and was curious whether anyone had any insights on any of the clubs offered, including how they compare to each other (i.e. whether any are significantly better and worse than some of the others, or are "must plays" if given the chance). The clubs are

Metropolis
Bedford Golf and Tennis
Siwanoy
Glen Arbor
Manhattan Woods
Brae Burn
Rockrimmon
Apawamis
Fairview
Ardsley
Wykagyl
I realize they all differ, as to tastes in courses but any thoughts would be appreciated.

Posted:

Comments

• Schley Schley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 1413WRX Points: 251Handicap: 12.3Members Posts: 1,413

go on top 100golfcourses and they have rankings and feedback for many of those. I haven't played any of them, but know Wykagyl, Brae Burn are ranked.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ButterCutter2ButterCutter2 NYC 338WRX Points: 95Handicap: 4Members Posts: 338

i'd say siwanoy, metropolis & wykagl are in there own tier up there. the braeburn ranked on top100 is in mass, not NY. followed by those 3 i'd say rockrimmon, manhattan woods & glen arbor. then bedford / apawamis followed by fairview ardsley and braeburn. manhattan woods & glen arbor are both gary player tracks built in the past 25-30 years but they are held in high regard with notable members.

Posted:
  • dmanzodmanzo  6WRX Points: 7Handicap: 10Members Posts: 6

Wykagl is the best I would say from that list. Bedford Golf and Siwanoy are amongst the toughest to get on so in that regard you may want to lean that way.

Posted:
  • ZBUCKZBUCK Ghost  1522WRX Points: 120Handicap: 4ClubWRX Posts: 1,522

Siwanoy and Manhattan Woods are very cool tracks, Wykagl is definitely the best from that list like the above poster said.

Posted:
    Instagram: @z.buck

CALLAWAY EPIC - 10.5° KIYOSHI PURPLE 65 X TITLEIST 915F - 21° / GD TOUR AD DJ 7 X TITLEIST 818 H1 - 23° / HZRDUS BLACK 85 X SRIXON Z745 5-PW / DG TOUR ISSUE S400 VOKEY SM7 50°F, 55°S / KBS 610 125 S+ CALLAWAY PM GRIND - 60° / KBS 610 125 S+ ODYSSEY PROTYPE BLACK 2-BALL
  • ChuckZ1956ChuckZ1956  13WRX Points: 8Handicap: 20Members Posts: 13

Thanks, appreciate the comments. Any additional thoughts on Knollwood, Blind Brook, Willow Ridge and St Andrews and how they would compare to the others previously mentioned? What about a few in Connecticut like Fairview and Rockrimmon?

Posted:
  • ButterCutter2ButterCutter2 NYC 338WRX Points: 95Handicap: 4Members Posts: 338

blind brook is super exclusive, good luck getting on. willow ridge is a rung below all mentioned. knollwood and st. andrews are in the ball park of an ardsley. by a few in connecticut, do u mean others besides rockrimmon and fairview? b/c you asked for opinions on those in the initial post.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

sorry didn't realize I had mentioned Fairview and Rockrimmon in the original post. Thanks for the info.

Posted:

Any thoughts on Hudson National and Westchester CC in NY and Tamarack and Round Hill in Greenwich?

Posted:
  • Cpm881Cpm881 Rookie  177WRX Points: 64Handicap: 2-3Members Posts: 177

Bumping this. Anyone know decent track in Westchester area with total membership cost in the $8-$12k range (dues and initiation)?

Really only concerned with course and practice facilities. Don't care about pool, tennis, restaurant, etc.

Posted:
    Back to my old X2Hot 9*
    TM M3 15*
    Steelhead XR 3h 19*
    i25s 4-UW
    Ping Glide 54* / Cleveland 60*
    O-Works 1W
    ProV1
  • SLUGCC2002SLUGCC2002  2WRX Points: 14Members Posts: 2

On -, @ChuckZ1956 said:

Any thoughts on Hudson National and Westchester CC in NY and Tamarack and Round Hill in Greenwich?

Hope you have extraordinarily deep pockets for HN or WCC. Hope you have extraordinarily deep pockets, a Greenwich mailing address, and parents and grandparents who were members for RHC.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.