PXG 0211 irons - what do you think?

Comments

• GFishGFish Members Posts: 74 ✭✭

Still think it is a good deal. Not sure how many other club mfgs offer a 30 day play guarantee regardless of restocking fee. I never know how good clubs will be until I play with them a while. :)

@ssfranny said:

@GFish said:
    So, if you for some reason you don't like the clubs, you have 30 days to send them back for refund? Whether purchased online or in person fitting. If so, that is really backing up your clubs!

Haha theyre business practices all over the place. Now price of 0211s are up to $125 and if you send back clubs now pay for shipping AND have to pay a 20% restock fee. Hmmmm they must be getting a lot of returns.

• rjp322rjp322 Members Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing what people complain about. How many other companies are offering significant discounts for veterans and giving a free driver with purchase?

• bastarfbastarf Members Posts: 25 ✭✭

@rjp322 said:
    Amazing what people complain about. How many other companies are offering significant discounts for veterans and giving a free driver with purchase?

Give people an inch, they want to take a mile. This is why we can't have nice things.

TaylorMade M2 - 10.5
    TaylorMade R15 3HL
    TaylorMade GAPR HI 3 Hybrid
    Callaway CF16 4-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50/10, 54/10, 58/8
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select
  • JasonPetermannJasonPetermann Members Posts: 435 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone hit both the MMT and the Accra 70i that can shed some light. I am wondering if upgraded shaft is worth it.

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5 w/Fujikura Pro 62 Green
    Ping G410 3 Fairway w/Alta CB 65
    Ping G410 4 Hybrid w/Alta CB 70
    Ping G410 5 hybrid w/Alta CB 70
    Callaway Rogue Pro 6-PW w/ Recoil 760 F3
    Callaway MD3 - 50, 54 and 60
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Tuttle
    Callaway Chrome Soft/Z-Star
    Sun Mountain 2017 Sync
  • usmarineusmarine Memphis INMembers Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    edited Aug 9, 2019 11:16pm #306

@JasonPetermann said:
    Anyone hit both the MMT and the Accra 70i that can shed some light. I am wondering if upgraded shaft is worth it.

I can’t speak to the 70i but I did hit both the 90i tour Accra and the MMC. The Accra was much more stable and ball flights were very consistent. The MMC made it hard to feel the club head. I thought it was worth it. Made the total just over1k.

Post edited by usmarine on
  • WaytallWaytall Members Posts: 26 ✭✭

I just took the plunge and ordered yesterday. 4-PW with Accra 90i tour. In fairness, I didn’t hit the MMT shaft .
    Went down the SL iron rabbit hole for a bit with Edel SLS set but it just didnt work for me. Glad to finally get a chance to game some PXGs.

• DblEglDblEgl Members Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JasonPetermann said:

Good question. How does the MMT shaft stack up ?

• SEP1006SEP1006 Pearland, Tx.ClubWRX Posts: 991 ClubWRX

@rjp322 said:

Well said !!!!!!!!!!

Taylor Made M6 10.5 * | Ventus 6s
    Taylor Made M4 | Graphite Design IZ-7s
    Adams Pro A12 -  2 / 3 / 4 Hybrids | UST Mamiya Silver
    PXG Gen 2 0311P 5 - GW | Accra Tour 100i Stiff
    Ping Stealth Glide 2.0 54-12 / 58-06 Wedges | Wedge Flex
    JumboMax Medium grips on ALL - Dechambeau-ing it baby!!!!!
    PXG Gunboat H Putter
    PXG Staff Bag
    Snell MTB Black
  • dixiethunderdixiethunder Raleigh, NCMembers Posts: 588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw a promotion where Club Champion will do a free fitting for these so heading in on Thursday to get fit. I've hated my TM770s since I got them so hoping I get along better with these. Seems as though I missed out on the $105 pricing, maybe it will come back again.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Cobra LTD HZRDUS T1100 75 6.5
    Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 16* Rouge Silver 70
    Adams Red Hybrid 18*/20* Matrix Altus Tour
    Taylor Made P770 5-GW KBS Tour C-Taper
    Cleveland Niblick 42"/Don White 56*[/font]

Bobby Grace F-18[/size][/font]

@dixiethunder said:
    Saw a promotion where Club Champion will do a free fitting for these so heading in on Thursday to get fit. I've hated my TM770s since I got them so hoping I get along better with these. Seems as though I missed out on the $105 pricing, maybe it will come back again.

Good luck with the fitting. Reverting to the $105 pricing would certainly boost sales.

• OspreyCIOspreyCI Valley of the SunMembers Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@dixiethunder said:

Let us know how it goes. Hero’s program on 0211 is $195 club WITH GEN2 Hybrid (6 club purchase). Still a great deal.

PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5 Tensei Pro White 60s
    TM M2 15* Speeder 757 Evo TS
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    PXG 0211 4 Iron Elevate Tour
    TM P790 5-AW Modus 105
    TM MG 54*
    TM HI TOE 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat
  • dixiethunderdixiethunder Raleigh, NCMembers Posts: 588 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OspreyCI said:

@dixiethunder said:

Let us know how it goes. Hero’s program on 0211 is $195 club WITH GEN2 Hybrid (6 club purchase). Still a great deal.

$195?!?

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Cobra LTD HZRDUS T1100 75 6.5
    Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 16* Rouge Silver 70
    Adams Red Hybrid 18*/20* Matrix Altus Tour
    Taylor Made P770 5-GW KBS Tour C-Taper
    Cleveland Niblick 42"/Don White 56*[/font]

Bobby Grace F-18[/size][/font]

@dixiethunder said:

@OspreyCI said:

@dixiethunder said:

$195?!?

That’s what it said last night, but you get a free $375 hybrid.

TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    TM P790 5-AW Modus 105
    TM MG 54*
    TM HI TOE 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat

I saw $125 and free gen 1 driver

• bchilders87bchilders87 Members Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    edited Aug 13, 2019 7:40pm #316

For those already playing them, how much of a drop off of forgiveness over all would I see compared to say a G410 or 919 hot metal?

PING G410 10* TENSEI BLUE
    PING G410 15.5* TENSEI BLUE
    TITLEIST 818H1 19° TENSEI BLUE 
    TITLEIST 818H1 22° TENSEI BLUE
    PXG 0211 5-GW NIPPON TOUR MODUS
    PING GLIDE 3.0 54*
    PING GLIDE 3.0 58* EYE2
    SRIXON Q STAR TOUR/TITLEIST PRO V1X
    PING HOOFER

@Waytall said:

@Waytall said:

Just checked and you are right. Crazy, last night was $195 and free hybrid. Wasn’t drinking last night either.

TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    TM P790 5-AW Modus 105
    TM MG 54*
    TM HI TOE 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat
  • K13K13 DenverMembers Posts: 140 ✭✭✭

@bchilders87 said:
    For those already playing them, how much of a drop off of forgiveness over all would I see compared to say a G410 or 919 hot metal?

It sets up as a combo set - the long irons are more game improvement, so probably similar, and they get progressively smaller going to the short irons.

I haven't played either of the sets you mentioned, but have a set of Srixon Z545 and the size is comparable.

For anyone ordering, I wouldn't sleep on the Gen 1 driving iron as a 4 iron replacement option. Sole is wider than the set 4 iron, blade length and top line are about the same, and thing is a rocket.

• bchilders87bchilders87 Members Posts: 134 ✭✭✭

@K13 said:

@bchilders87 said:

It sets up as a combo set - the long irons are more game improvement, so probably similar, and they get progressively smaller going to the short irons.

I haven't played either of the sets you mentioned, but have a set of Srixon Z545 and the size is comparable.

For anyone ordering, I wouldn't sleep on the Gen 1 driving iron as a 4 iron replacement option. Sole is wider than the set 4 iron, blade length and top line are about the same, and thing is a rocket.

Thanks! anyone else compared them to other GI irons?

PING G410 10* TENSEI BLUE
    PING G410 15.5* TENSEI BLUE
    TITLEIST 818H1 19° TENSEI BLUE 
    TITLEIST 818H1 22° TENSEI BLUE
    PXG 0211 5-GW NIPPON TOUR MODUS
    PING GLIDE 3.0 54*
    PING GLIDE 3.0 58* EYE2
    SRIXON Q STAR TOUR/TITLEIST PRO V1X
    PING HOOFER

@OspreyCI said:

@Waytall said:

Just checked and you are right. Crazy, last night was $195 and free hybrid. Wasn’t drinking last night either.

I believe they play around with the deal pretty often. Cant wait to get them in my hands. For those that have ordered . About how long did it take till they showed up on your door step?

• 1Mordrid11Mordrid1 Members Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Waytall said:

@OspreyCI said:

@Waytall said:

I believe they play around with the deal pretty often. Cant wait to get them in my hands. For those that have ordered . About how long did it take till they showed up on your door step?

Mine took 9 business days to build. I did not have to wait for shipping because I picked mine up in Scottsdale.

WITB

PXG  0811x Evenflow Blue 65 S
    Callaway Rogue 4 wood w/ Oban Kiyoshi White 4 65g
    Nike Sasquatch Sumo #4 hybrid(cut down 1") w/ H Diamana s
    Srixon U65 20° Miyazaki Kaula 7 s
    PXG 0211 irons 5-G True Temper Elevate 95 S (1°flat 1°weak D4 swingweight)
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 19 54/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 19 60/KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115
    PXG 400 gram Bat Attack putter(double bend shaft)
    Snell MTB Black
  • WIGolfWIGolf Members Posts: 8 ✭✭

Mine just shipped. Two weeks to the day from ordering. PXG fitter estimated 2.5 weeks. Can’t complain there.

• usmarineusmarine Memphis INMembers Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    edited Aug 14, 2019 1:28am #323

Just got mine this morning. Order was sent on July 27th (a Saturday). Friend bought on same day put them in play this afternoon. He said the only thing he did not like and was changing immediately was the grips. He loved the Gen 1 driver. I won’t get to hit mine until tomorrow at the earliest :/

• eddiebigeddieeddiebigeddie Members Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@bchilders87 said:

I have had the 919 HM since the start of this season (March) and have loved the clubs, but on a whim seen the 0211 deal and jumped on it. From the minute I hit the first club I knew they were special for me. My dispersion has gotten tighter, distance just a tad longer and feel/sound are amazing. Plus getting a slightly higher ball flight but penetrating at the same time. I’m coming from 919 Hm with Lz 6.5 soft stepped and into these 0211 with the elevate tour X-stiff. Needless to say, the Mizuno haven’t been back in the bag since the 0211’s showed up.

Cobra F9 (9.5)...….…………………..Aldila Tour Blue 65s
    Cobra F6 Baffler (16)…......…...…Project X HZRDUS Red 75s
    Cobra F7 Hybrid (20.5).........…..Aldila Tour Blue 85s
    PXG 0211 (5 - G)……...............….True Temper Elevate Tour X
    Cobra King Black (54/10)......…Nippon Modus 115
    Taylormade Hi-Toe (60/10)......KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Odyssey Metal X Milled Versa #9Ht
    Bennington LQO-9
    Grint...eddiebigeddie

Has anyone hit them with the MMT graphite shafts ? Impressions ?

• 1Mordrid11Mordrid1 Members Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭

@usmarine said:
    Just got mine this morning. Order was sent on July 27th (a Saturday). Friend bought on same day put them in play this afternoon. He said the only thing he did not like and was changing immediately was the grips. He loved the Gen 1 driver. I won’t get to hit mine until tomorrow at the earliest :/

The grips are terrible. I changed mine after 2 rounds because my hands slipped off the clubs several times in the heat and humidity in the first 2 rounds. Since changing the grips I have had no issues and the 0211's are rapidly becoming one of my favorite irons I have ever put in play.

WITB

PXG  0811x Evenflow Blue 65 S
    Callaway Rogue 4 wood w/ Oban Kiyoshi White 4 65g
    Nike Sasquatch Sumo #4 hybrid(cut down 1") w/ H Diamana s
    Srixon U65 20° Miyazaki Kaula 7 s
    PXG 0211 irons 5-G True Temper Elevate 95 S (1°flat 1°weak D4 swingweight)
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 19 54/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 19 60/KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115
    PXG 400 gram Bat Attack putter(double bend shaft)
    Snell MTB Black
  • LobberLobber Members Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I had a 7 iron built to my specs with Accra Tour 90. I have put it in play 5 rounds and am on the fence. I love the distance, feel and forgiveness. Also great looking My only concern is I am hooking the ball. I normally play DG AMT White or PX 6.0 and don’t typically hook those shafts. So the fix could be a simple switch to steel or perhaps X flex in the Accra or heavier Accra. Yes I know I should have sorted this out at a fitting but was anxious to try graphite as I’m getting a bit older. Bottom line is I would game these any day with the right shaft

• ziggysmallsziggysmalls Validating - Unconfirmed, Members Posts: 1

I’ve had mine bout 2 weeks now got them custom fitted but seem to battling a slight pull now probably my alignment but great sticks

• solidsnakeivsolidsnakeiv FloridaMembers Posts: 19 ✭✭

I think the PXG's look and feel great, but I personally can't justify the price, even with the new competitive pricing. I will be sticking with my Mizunos.

@ziggysmalls said:
    I’ve had mine bout 2 weeks now got them custom fitted but seem to battling a slight pull now probably my alignment but great sticks

What shaft did you go with?

TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    TM P790 5-AW Modus 105
    TM MG 54*
    TM HI TOE 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat

@ziggysmalls said:

What did you get for a swing weight? I think stock they come D0? Maybe too low and having trouble feeling the head. Just a thought

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file