We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

PXG 0211 irons - what do you think?

Comments

• fpyle3fpyle3 Pennsylvania 143WRX Points: 91Members Posts: 143

On -, @Stonewalled said:

On -, @fpyle3 said:

Exact same experience. Figured I'd give these irons a try when PXG had the free driver and $100 putter deal in late summer. Coming from Apex Pro / Dot / MB split set I could not get comfortable with the very large 0211 club heads and offset in the mid and long irons. There was also a noticeable difference in turf interaction, with shots from the rough being considerably worse with the 0211. 0211 felt very good for a cast club and were quite long, but not for me.

You have quite the Callaway combo set going. I just picked up a set of the Dot's off a member, nice looking set of irons. Winter is here so I was only able to hit a few buckets of range balls, so far so good. I snagged a set of 2011's off another member, waiting on delivery. Going to be a long winter waiting for some grass to hit from. What are your finding's on the dot's?

To me, the dots are the best irons Callaway has made in a while, even surpassing the 2014 X-Forged I gamed for 3+ years (an eternity for me!). The dots hit all the right notes -- perfect size and shape, great at address, have a little forgiveness. I wish I would have went dots instead of regular apex pros in the longer irons, they are that good.

Posted:
    Driver: TM M3 9.5*, Graphite Design Tour AD GP-6X
    Fairway Wood/b]: TM M3 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD MT-7X
    Utility: TM UDI 17*, Hzrdus Black 6.5 
    3/4 Iron: Callaway X-Forged UT 21*, Nippon Modus 120X
    5-6: Callaway Apex Pro, Nippon Modus 120X 
    7-8: Callaway Apex Pro Dot, Nippon Modus 120X
    9, PW, GW: Callaway Apex MB, Nippon Modus 120X
    Sand/Lob: TM Hi-Toe 56* and 60*, KBS $-Taper 120
    Putter: Toulon Las Vegas, Stroke Lab 
    Ball: Titleist ProV1, Titleist AVX
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game Minnesota 1792WRX Points: 340Members Posts: 1,792

PSA: All Gen1 clubs on huge discount for Heroes Program through November 30th.

Posted:
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Cobra KING F7 fairway w/ Fujikura Pro 65
    PING G400 5 wood w/ Project X HZRDUS Yellow 75
    Cobra KING F7 hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75H
    PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    Cleveland CBX 52* w/ Rotex Graphite
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe Bigfoot 58* w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    PXG Gen1 Bat Attack H
  • StonewalledStonewalled  1596WRX Points: 149Members Posts: 1,596

On -, @fpyle3 said:

On -, @Stonewalled said:

On -, @fpyle3 said:

Exact same experience. Figured I'd give these irons a try when PXG had the free driver and $100 putter deal in late summer. Coming from Apex Pro / Dot / MB split set I could not get comfortable with the very large 0211 club heads and offset in the mid and long irons. There was also a noticeable difference in turf interaction, with shots from the rough being considerably worse with the 0211. 0211 felt very good for a cast club and were quite long, but not for me.

You have quite the Callaway combo set going. I just picked up a set of the Dot's off a member, nice looking set of irons. Winter is here so I was only able to hit a few buckets of range balls, so far so good. I snagged a set of 2011's off another member, waiting on delivery. Going to be a long winter waiting for some grass to hit from. What are your finding's on the dot's?

To me, the dots are the best irons Callaway has made in a while, even surpassing the 2014 X-Forged I gamed for 3+ years (an eternity for me!). The dots hit all the right notes -- perfect size and shape, great at address, have a little forgiveness. I wish I would have went dots instead of regular apex pros in the longer irons, they are that good.

That's great news on the Dot's fpyle3, I'm a big fan of Callaway irons, had most of the forged ones. My Stenson Legacy Blacks are my benchmark Callaway, sounds like the Dot's will be a welcome addition to the family.

Posted:
  • DblEglDblEgl  820WRX Points: 102Members Posts: 820

The 0211 irons are $95 per through November.

Any longer term updates before Winter sets in ?

Posted:
  • K13K13 Denver 169WRX Points: 115Members Posts: 169

On -, @DblEgl said:

Have had mine about four months and played a round Friday with them.

I play to a 10-12 typically - typically strike the ball pretty well with irons, albeit with some pushes or handsy big left misses here and there.

I think the feel, size, forgiveness, etc has been pretty well documented on these. What I find when I play them though is how consistent the distances are. With a good strike, I was able to very consistently dial it in within a few yards, which I haven't found as much with other sets I've played (z545, Nike Vapor Fly Pro). Of course, I wasn't always perfectly straight, so not always on the pin, but even with some dispersion having distance under control is a big help. In combination with the progressive set design, they fit what I'm looking for perfectly.

I've read that as a positive about PXG irons in general, and at least personally have found it to be true of the 0211.

The only negative I've found with the long irons, with are generally easy to hit, is that the longer blade length can make it tough when you're in thicker rough or native areas. Nothing unique to this set, but I believe the head size is bigger than, say, the p790, so it may be something to be aware of.

Posted:

On -, @K13 said:

On -, @DblEgl said:

Have had mine about four months and played a round Friday with them.

I play to a 10-12 typically - typically strike the ball pretty well with irons, albeit with some pushes or handsy big left misses here and there.

I think the feel, size, forgiveness, etc has been pretty well documented on these. What I find when I play them though is how consistent the distances are. With a good strike, I was able to very consistently dial it in within a few yards, which I haven't found as much with other sets I've played (z545, Nike Vapor Fly Pro). Of course, I wasn't always perfectly straight, so not always on the pin, but even with some dispersion having distance under control is a big help. In combination with the progressive set design, they fit what I'm looking for perfectly.

I've read that as a positive about PXG irons in general, and at least personally have found it to be true of the 0211.

The only negative I've found with the long irons, with are generally easy to hit, is that the longer blade length can make it tough when you're in thicker rough or native areas. Nothing unique to this set, but I believe the head size is bigger than, say, the p790, so it may be something to be aware of.

Thanks for the updated info. It is helpful on many levels. I'm a vet, so they are definitely on my radar.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • 1Mordrid11Mordrid1  751WRX Points: 157Members Posts: 751

On -, @DblEgl said:

Now that mine were corrected, I love them. As others have said, the distance control on these is very solid, and I don't get huge spin variations on slight mishits like I have seen with some other GI irons. The trajectory is nice and high but they are also easy to knock down. And IMO they are one of the best feeling cast clubs I have ever hit.

Posted:
    WITB

PXG  0811x Oban Tour Limited 04
    Callaway Rogue 4 wood w/ Oban Kiyoshi White 4 65g
    PXG 0317 19 Hybrid Fujikura Pro 2.0 s
    Srixon U65 20° Miyazaki Kaula 7 s
    PXG 0211 irons 5-G True Temper Elevate 95 S (1°flat 1°weak D4)
    PING Glide 3.0 TS 56/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115
    PING Glide 3.0 SS 60/KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115
    PXG Mustang 365g single bend
    Snell MTB Black
  • ssfrannyssfranny  2823WRX Points: 210Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,823

Good at $95 and not so at $225

Posted:
  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game Minnesota 1792WRX Points: 340Members Posts: 1,792

I’d say (and have frequently/loudly) that at $95 per club these are an amazing set of irons. I also agree that the dispersion is the number one benefit I have found with the 0211’s. I’m also playing mine with the WRX-darling Mitsubishi MMT shafts (albeit the 80 gram parallel versions) so that may be a factor, as well.

Posted:
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    PXG Gen1 Bat Attack H
  • OspreyCIOspreyCI Valley of the Sun 5060WRX Points: 277Members Posts: 5,060

I use my 0211 4 iron numerous times a round and it’s my favorite club. My OG P790’s are getting nervous. If I knew I could get a descent amount for them I would be going all 0211. The 0211 feels much better than the P790 IMHO.

The Hero’s Pricing is too good to pass up.

Posted:
    TM M6 10.5 GD AD IZ 6s
    TM M2 15* Speeder 757 Evo TS
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    PXG 0211 4 Iron Elevate Tour
    TM P790 5-AW Modus 105
    TM MG2 54*
    TM HT Bigfoot 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat
  • Ripken08Ripken08  4331WRX Points: 191Members Posts: 4,331 BST Banned

On -, @DblEgl said:

Only for Heroes though right? :/

Posted:

Advertisement

Thanks >

On -, @Ripken08 said:

On -, @DblEgl said:

Yes. You have to ID on their site.

Posted:
  • Ripken08Ripken08  4331WRX Points: 191Members Posts: 4,331 BST Banned

On -, @DblEgl said:

Thanks >
    On -, @Ripken08 said:

On -, @DblEgl said:

Yes. You have to ID on their site.

Dang I need someone to hook me up then.

Posted:

On -, @OspreyCI said:

The Hero’s Pricing is too good to pass up.

Yes, it was too good to pass up for me. I placed a custom order - we'll see how it goes and if
    they can beat my CF16's.

Posted:
  • ChazbChazb  951WRX Points: 119Members Posts: 951

I looked on PXGs website and can’t find the low price on gen 1 clubs.

Posted:

Opps sorry but they are 0211 but I still can’t find that price.

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @Chazb said:

I looked on PXGs website and can’t find the low price on gen 1 clubs.

On -, @Chazb said:

Opps sorry but they are 0211 but I still can’t find that price.

You have to log in with ID Verify to get the Heroes pricing

Posted:
    WITB

Snell MTB Black
  • ShakespeareShakespeare  144WRX Points: 78Members Posts: 144

On -, @ssfranny said:

Good at $95 and not so at $225

Great at 95 dollars.....

Posted:

The 0211's I purchased off a member arrived today. He was nice enough to ship them well packaged ensuring the original PXG box and contents were in pristine order. Felt like Christmas came early. Thanks bnp144.

Nice to finally have these in my hands, love the look of satin finish contrasting the darker face, white bottom groove is a welcome addition as well. Offset gradually increases from W-the 4 iron, very happy with the 8,9 pw offset and thin top lines. Hope these hit as well as they look.

Posted:

On -, @Stonewalled said:

The 0211's I purchased off a member arrived today. He was nice enough to ship them well packaged ensuring the original PXG box and contents were in pristine order. Felt like Christmas came early. Thanks bnp144.

Nice to finally have these in my hands, love the look of satin finish contrasting the darker face, white bottom groove is a welcome addition as well. Offset gradually increases from W-the 4 iron, very happy with the 8,9 pw offset and thin top lines. Hope these hit as well as they look.

I’ve never seen better packaging than PXG. Such a small thing but they are so awesome to unbox.

Posted:
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    PXG Gen1 Bat Attack H

On -, @dxdgenert said:

On -, @Stonewalled said:

I’ve never seen better packaging than PXG. Such a small thing but they are so awesome to unbox.

I have been envious of new PXG owner's [reviewer's]unboxing their clubs online. I was very impressed by equipment and attention to detail from PXG in the packaging. Buying new from PXG for me was not going to happen, so todays unboxing of these second hand beauties will have to suffice. Like u said Awesome.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • eddiebigeddieeddiebigeddie  1864WRX Points: 107Members Posts: 1,864

I've had these irons since the last week or two in July and I've played some of the best golf I've ever played because of them. The looks, feel and consistency I get out of them is awesome. The only other clubs I'm even remotely looking at are the new Gen3 Pxg's...but I'm sure that I won't be able to afford those and not sure how much better they could be then the 0211's have been for me.

Posted:
    Bag 1:
    Cobra SZ (9d) / Aldila Tour Green 65s
    Cobra F6 Baffler (16) / Project X Hzrdus Red 75s
    Cobra F7 Hybrid (20.5) / Aldila Tour Blue 85s
    Cobra F9 4 iron (19.5) / KBS $ Taper 120s
    PXG 0211 (5 - G) / True Temper Elevate Tour X
    TM Hi-Toe (54/10), (60/10) / Nippon Modus 115
    Odyssey Metal X Milled Versa #9Ht
    Bennington LQO-9

Bag 2:
    Cobra F9 (9.5d) / Project X Even Flow Blue 65x
    Cobra Bio Cell Fwy (17) / Aldila Tour Blue 65s
    Srixon Z U65 3 (20)
    Cleveland UHX (5 & 6) / Project X LZ 6.0
    Srixon Z 565 (7 - Pw) / Project X LZ 6.0
    Cobra King Black 54/10
    Nike Cart Bag

Grint...eddiebigeddie

I’m thinking about ordering the 0211 and my driver speed is around 90.I have a quick transition and wondering and it would be a r shaft what would be the best shaft on what they are offering?

Posted:

If you can't get fit for the 0211 near you, they can do a decent job over the phone if you have some data or are upfront about your swing. Worth a shot.

Posted:

As DblEgl said their phone support is generally pretty good at helping chose if you cannot go in for a fitting. If your swing speed is on the lower end and the transition with irons is really quick, sometimes a light weight graphite stiff flex shaft can help as long as you do not have trouble elevating the ball. If you have trouble elevating the ball then you may definitely want to stick to a regular flex. The Mitsubishi MMT is a very good shaft that is offered at no upcharge. It is only 70g in R flex and 80g in S flex. They may help get a little more speed into your iron swing

Posted:
    WITB

Snell MTB Black
  • rjp322rjp322  3225WRX Points: 155Members Posts: 3,225

$95 is a steal. These irons are worth the full price imo. Have used them all year now and they are as good of iron as Ive ever had. Wont even shop for new irons next year

Posted:

Advertisement
  • K13K13 Denver 169WRX Points: 115Members Posts: 169
    Posted:

Interesting announcement on PXG Thanksgiving deals......my 0211 irons arrive tomorrow. Might have ordered a week and a half early.

Posted:

I think that PXG is going to phase out the 0211. With 0311 Gen3 on the horizon they can Hero price the 0311 Gen2. There really isn’t a place for the 0211, I don’t think. Maybe they did better at retail than I think , however, I assume most of the sales were Hero pricing.

Posted:
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    PXG Gen1 Bat Attack H

Advertisement

Finally had a chance to hit my 0211's, unfortunately only off matts at the local indoor/outdoor driving range. The building was just above freezing temperature, so even with cooler temperatures and range balls the 0211's felt pretty fantastic. Not sure if it was the possible low CG or the elevate tour VSS shafts but high fairly straight shots for me were the norm. Middle contact is not always a given for me, my miss is out of the toe. Looking at the ball marks on the faces I was pleased to see no toe shots. Didn't see a Tiger Woods dime sized pattern but **** good for this hacker. Spring can't come quick enough.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.