***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

PXG 0211 irons - what do you think?

Comments

• hammergolfhammergolf St. LouisMembers  652WRX Points: 317Handicap: 3Posts: 652 Golden Tee

My original order took 4 weeks, these reshafts took 3 weeks.

Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 9 Tour 65 Stiff
    Ping G410 3wd @ 15.5 flat Tensei Orange Stiff
    Ping G410 7wd @ 19.5 flat Tensei Orange Stiff
    Ping G410 22 hybrid @ 21 flat Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G25 5-PW Steelfiber i95
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 50*, 56* @ 55, 60* Modus 105 Stiff
    Evnroll TR8 33"
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • boycer11boycer11 ClubWRX  3608WRX Points: 174Posts: 3,608 ClubWRX

Anyone compare the 0211 to the apex forged 19, mp20 hmb, and srixon z585 z785?

Posted:
    Ping G410 lst diamana bf
    Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
    Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
    ping g410 tensei hybrid
    Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
    Callaway MD5 54/58
    taylormade my spider 
    ping hoofer
    tp5x
  • acemandrakeacemandrake ROCHESTER NYMembers  388WRX Points: 131Handicap: 12Posts: 388 Greens

Ordered 6/19...Delivery to be 7/13 (24 days).

Ordered from PXG's website.

Posted:
  • TommyjTommyj Members  750WRX Points: 262Posts: 750 Golden Tee

So how are they working out with the i95 shaft? Hopefully that's done the trick.

Posted:
  • joljol Members  1383WRX Points: 134Posts: 1,383 Platinum Tees

Another update.

I play a minimum of 3 times (sometimes 4) a week and the irons continue to perform well. Initially they did feel a bit light and I was "jumping" on some shots, but I adjusted and things are fine now. I pulled the gap wedge and put back my old gap wedge. We have had quite a bit of rain and I was was digging quite a bit on full shots. I think when I go back to Florida, I will put it back in the bag as the turf conditions maybe better for that particular club. I continue to hit the balls high and have no issue stopping them on the greens. In fact, I wonder what the actual angle of descent is? I should do a gapping session on Trackman with the club pro, maybe I can gain a few yards with a degree stronger loft without sacrificing stopping power. Tinker, tinker, tinker...

Posted:
  • hardtenhardten Members  3665WRX Points: 152Posts: 3,665 Titanium Tees

Regarding the question on the 0211 vs Apex 19. I bought new the Apex 19 with PX LZ 5.5 ,5 thru gap. Having owned close to 50 sets of irons it's amazing how similar they seem to become. Must be the swing,LOL. Most of those sets were probably forged player cbs but also 5 sets of Pings and various other typically highly rated sticks, including custom fitted 545s which are close to the current Srixon model you mentioned. Took seven weeks to get my PXG (ordered April 28) Thought I would try graphite for a change and the MMT seemed a new type shaft. Have 5-gap,MMT 80 stiff ,soft stepped once. Had to go on medical from CC of 30+ years for this year but can hit balls at range. Can't give a true evaluation without actual course experience but can say I liked the Apex 19 feel as most do and the 0211 with the MMT shafts feel better. Not sure on distance difference between the two but whether it's the shafts or club head the PXG seem straighter . Not much help here I know with my lack of on course play but after owning all those sets I spoke too I can say ,although it wasn't a brilliant financial move taking a bath selling my Apex here the cost 0211 reduction made it less ridiculous, I really like these PXG and going to try and get on a local track to get better feedback. No buyers remorse.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • hammergolfhammergolf St. LouisMembers  652WRX Points: 317Handicap: 3Posts: 652 Golden Tee

Have not had time to get them on the range. I’m going to try them this weekend.

Posted:
    Evnroll TR8 33"
  • boycer11boycer11 ClubWRX  3608WRX Points: 174Posts: 3,608 ClubWRX

Thanks for the feedback. Let's us know how it goes. I have pxg 0211 now and worry the mmt would be to light. Wish they offered the mmt 105.

Posted:
    Ping G410 lst diamana bf
    Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
    Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
    ping g410 tensei hybrid
    Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
    Callaway MD5 54/58
    taylormade my spider 
    ping hoofer
    tp5x
  • TwinsgroupieTwinsgroupie Phoenix, AZMembers  79WRX Points: 81Handicap: 13Posts: 79 Fairways

Blow them off and sell them on eBay for $100, that is what I did. Some crazy person will overpay for them!

Posted:
  • OspreyCIOspreyCI Valley of the SunMembers  5629WRX Points: 525Handicap: 10Posts: 5,629 Titanium Tees

Smart man!!!

Posted:
    PXG 0811x Gen2 smoke Yellow
    TM M4 15* AD DI 6S Black
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    PXG 0211 4-PW Modus 120S
    TM MG2 50* Modus 120S
    TM MG2 54*
    TM HT 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat
  • ScottsTotsScottsTots Members  36WRX Points: 35Handicap: 5Posts: 36 Bunkers

I hit a friends 0211's in the same shafts I have for my 919's. I was surprised at how good they felt for a cast iron club, I'd be interested at their price point if the heads were smaller and had more of a player profile.

Posted:

Taylormade M2 9.5* w/ Tour AD BB6x

Titleist 913F 3 wood w/ Tour AD MJ8s

Mizuno MP-33 2i w/ Rifle 6.5 +3/4"

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4i-P w/ Nippon Modus 120x +3/4"

Cleveland RTX 4 50*, 54* (bent to 55*), 60*

APC Oak Dale Custom 34.25"

Advertisement
  • hobbstchobbstc Members  66WRX Points: 83Posts: 66 Bunkers

Just got an early 40 bday present today! Can’t wait for the 19deg 0317 hybrid to come Monday. Quite a big step up from my 735cm I’ve gamed since 2007. This is actually my first set of new clubs ever.

Got 5-PW, 52, 58 in Elevate Tour Stiff.

Posted:
  • SkinnyBSkinnyB Members  2WRX Points: 9Posts: 2 Starters

Ordered the 0211's on 4/26. Received on 6/22. I specified 1 degree upright to match(somewhat) my ping I25 blue dot lie when I had them checked at Ping a few years ago. Also 1 degree strong to get close to my Cobra F9 speedbacks. I wasn't fitted and didn't specify a swing weight. Beautiful looking clubs but after 5 rounds and 1 range session looking at them you would swear they were forged. A lot of scratches and dings. I will admit I am only a 15 index and very inconsistent. A birdie hear followed by a bogie 2 pars an a double. I was far more inconsistent with these than anything I had ever hit and I have hit plenty. The clubs felt very lite. I had them matched with the Mitsubishi in a stiff. 86 grams I believe. I checked the swingweights this week and found that I had a range of C6 to C9. Unbelievable. This afternoon I went through each iron,applied lead tape, and got my 5 through gap very close to D2. I'm playing in a little group tournament tomorrow at a course I play about once every year or so but really like. Hopefully the weighting helps. I tried a few test shots into the woods from the backyard this evening and they felt better than my previous 5 rounds. Crossing my fingers.

Posted:
  • JackpotJohnnyJackpotJohnny Members  2719WRX Points: 274Posts: 2,719 Titanium Tees

After working hard for the last couple of weeks to fix the damage and swing flaws caused from adjusting to how light the 0211s are, I walked out of my round today pretty impressed.

My swing still isn’t anywhere close to where it needs to be, and even tho I feel like I have had to Put in way more effort to make a good pass with these irons than I ever have before, with any other set of clubs that I have ever had, I can’t argue with the results and forgiveness.

I clubbed down from what I would normally hit into a green, and still flew the back. I missed a few off the toe side, and was amazed to find out i was still pin high. I thought I needed to step on one at an over water par three, and ended put this nasty lunging, OOT weak slice on it that should have landed in the water, but instead wound deep on the far side fringe.

I got away with some stuff today that I flat out shouldn’t have, and wouldn’t have before with other clubs I’ve played.

There have been numerous complaints about the swingweight, and not being able to feel the clubs because of how light they are, especially on the PXG pages. But today has me feeling like if you can work thru them, these clubs will absolutely deliver.

And just as a side note- The adjustments I’ve made trying to get used these irons has completely ruined my previously fine driver swing. I hit like 3 fairways, and i just couldn’t get right. Which left me in all kinds of crappy positions. I got some good opportunities to hit a lot of shots with the 0311x I added to the top of the set. Can’t say enough great things about it. Even tho I’m just getting the 0211s to work for me it literally has me thinking about dumping them for a full set of 0311s just on principal.

Posted:
  • TommyjTommyj Members  750WRX Points: 262Posts: 750 Golden Tee

That's a disgrace with the swing weights. Its one thing to have the set too light, and to be somewhat expected with a lighter graphite shaft, although 85g is a decent weight. But to have a 3 point variation throughout the set. I would stuff those back down on PXG and tell them to as least give you a consistent C9 across the whole set. How brutal is it to have to stick 12g of lead tape on the back of a brand new iron to get if from C6 to D2?

Posted:
  • acemandrakeacemandrake ROCHESTER NYMembers  388WRX Points: 131Handicap: 12Posts: 388 Greens

UPDATE: Clubs received today (7/11) so it took 22 days from order to delivery.

NEXT: Compare to Ping G700's

Posted:

Advertisement

Well, finally got my 0211s out after they were sent back for a reshaft with i95s. Wasn’t able to hit them on the range this week, but played a scramble yesterday and just hit my old faithful g25s bad. My iron game has not been as sharp as normal this season, which led me try the 0211s. Let me just say, could not be happier. First iron shot of the day, little knock down 9 iron, never left the flag, 7ft past the hole, birdie. Next hole, great 8 iron yardage, 10ft pin high left of the hole, birdie. Knock down wedge into the par 5, 12ft, birdie. Full 7 iron into the par 3, perfect flight right at the pin 20ft short, lipped out. 5 iron on #10, 6ft underneath the hole birdie. Hit plenty of other good iron shots the whole day. Feel was sooo good, they look perfect to my eye, and flight is a little lower which is to be expected vs the g25s. Turf interaction was great. Can’t say enough good things about them. Been looking for something to take my g25s out of the bag for years, but might have finally found them!

Posted:
    Evnroll TR8 33"

Posted:
    Post edited by hammergolf on
    Evnroll TR8 33"
  • SCOTT4099SCOTT4099 Members  1110WRX Points: 132Posts: 1,110 Platinum Tees

As far as the stock grips go, I think they suck. Two range sessions and they just feel too spongy for me. Have not hit with them In damp conditions but I won’t have to. Just wanted to chime in on this.......thanks for listening I feel better now....

Posted:
    Callaway epic 9.0
    Cobra bio cell 3/4
    Ping G 19 degree hybrid
    Ping ie1 4-AW modus 105
    Callaway MD3 54/58 wedges
    Cleveland HB soft 11 putter 35

They are AWFUL! Literally the slickest grip I’ve ever felt. I was lucky enough to order mine un gripped and was able to sell them to someone. For some reason he said he loved them.

Posted:
    Evnroll TR8 33"
  • chocolate_rehabchocolate_rehab plays like a girl Members  1101WRX Points: 198Posts: 1,101 Platinum Tees

They do suck. I wish they hadn't switched from Pure Pro grips, those were perfection.

Posted:
    PXG 0811XF 12* I VA Nemesys 55
    Callaway Epic Flash 17* 3w I Accra FX 2.0
    Ping G410 20* & 23* hybrids I Accra FX 2.0
    PXG 0311XP 5-GW I KBS TGI 70
    Cleveland RTX4 54* & 58* I KBS TGI 90
    Evnroll ER5B I BGT Stability Shaft

Stop comparing your swing, speed, and distances to LPGA players. It's embarrassing for everyone.

Advertisement
  • OspreyCIOspreyCI Valley of the SunMembers  5629WRX Points: 525Handicap: 10Posts: 5,629 Titanium Tees

Numerous rounds in with the 0211 Modus 120 and I cannot say enough good things about these. I have hit so many memorable shots with these. First round I was a ball roll from an ace with a 5 iron from 194. I am having way more birdie chances with these over my P790’s.

They feel amazing from the center and the spin is WAY more predictable. Distances are way more predictable over the 790’s. I did have the 790’s for two years.

Game changing irons for me.

Love Modus 120 and the grip just suck. PXG needs GP to be the standard.

Posted:
    PXG 0811x Gen2 smoke Yellow
    TM M4 15* AD DI 6S Black
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    PXG 0211 4-PW Modus 120S
    TM MG2 50* Modus 120S
    TM MG2 54*
    TM HT 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat
  • sfdoddsysfdoddsy Members  1349WRX Points: 132Posts: 1,349 Platinum Tees

Just got my set, purchased via the PXG ebay store.

The condition surprised me. They were listed as Very Good but look like they have never been hit.

But was also surprised at how petite they look next to my 0311XF/0311 blended set.

Much more of a player look.

The confidence I have looking down at my Xfs turns to nervousness looking down at the 0211s. Like comparing Ping iBlades to i25s.

Less pleasant, and less of a surprise given earlier posts is how light they feel.

Mine have the Mitsubishi shaft. I don't know the actual swingweight (I'll have it checked) but they feel much lighter than my 0311 short irons with C Taper light and my long irons with the KBS 80g which were built to D2.

I'll give them a try, but am not feeling hugely confident.

Posted:
    Taylormade SIM Helium
    Cobra F6 Baffler
    PXG irons
    PXG & PM Grind wedges
    Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line
  • hobbstchobbstc Members  66WRX Points: 83Posts: 66 Bunkers

Went to the range today with the 0311T Gen2. Range was in terrible shape, water and mud all over, so I didn't really get a great feel for distances, but man I love those wedges. I'm definitely working on getting used to proper length clubs, my old set was 1/2in shorter. I was hitting a bit behind the ball until I adjusted. So far so good though. And mine are now at the golf store getting MMC put on. Those stock grips are definitely trash lol.

Posted:
  • dekezdekez Dr. Strangelove Members  485WRX Points: 91Posts: 485 Greens

I just replaced my Ping G25 irons with PXG 0211. Mine have the Elevate 95 stiff (non-tour) steel shaft. I really like them. The feel is outstanding. I find them to be more precise than the Pings which I had fitted with Nippon 950GH shafts (my favorite shaft). I also hit them higher. They are less forgiving in turf interaction because they have less bounce than the G25. They play more like the Mizuno JPX 919 in this regard. At their current price, I don't think there's a better value out there. Unless you go used.

Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus driver
    Cobra F8 and F6 Baffler woods
    Callaway XR hybrids
    PXG 0211 irons 
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54/14 and Zing Lob wedges
    Ping Sigma G Craz-E putter
  • LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OHMembers  2250WRX Points: 326Handicap: 7Posts: 2,250 Platinum Tees

Ordered 3 weeks ago today, really hope I get them before next Wednesday league night! Jealous some of you mentioned you go them in 21-24 days lol. So anxious.

Posted:
    Taylormade M6
    Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
    Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
    Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
    SC Phantom X 5.5

Advertisement

I just made the same switch from g25s. I’m loving my 0211s.

Posted:
    Evnroll TR8 33"
  • dekezdekez Dr. Strangelove Members  485WRX Points: 91Posts: 485 Greens

What do you think? How would you describe the differences?

Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus driver
    Cobra F8 and F6 Baffler woods
    Callaway XR hybrids
    PXG 0211 irons 
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54/14 and Zing Lob wedges
    Ping Sigma G Craz-E putter

Well, finally got my 0211s out after they were sent back for a reshaft with i95s. Wasn’t able to hit them on the range this week, but played a scramble yesterday and just hit my old faithful g25s bad. My iron game has not been as sharp as normal this season, which led me try the 0211s. Let me just say, could not be happier. First iron shot of the day, little knock down 9 iron, never left the flag, 7ft past the hole, birdie. Next hole, great 8 iron yardage, 10ft pin high left of the hole, birdie. Knock down wedge into the par 5, 12ft, birdie. Full 7 iron into the par 3, perfect flight right at the pin 20ft short, lipped out. 5 iron on #10, 6ft underneath the hole birdie. Hit plenty of other good iron shots the whole day. Feel was sooo good, they look perfect to my eye, and flight is a little lower which is to be expected vs the g25s. Turf interaction was great. Can’t say enough good things about them. Been looking for something to take my g25s out of the bag for years, but might have finally found them!

Posted:
    Evnroll TR8 33"

Advertisement
  • hondaloyalhondaloyal Members  485WRX Points: 93Handicap: 13Posts: 485 Greens
    Posted:
    [font=georgia,serif]Mizuno JPX900 Driver- speeder 569 S[/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Mizuno MP53 5-pw. dynalite gold XP S300 [/font]
    [font=georgia, serif]Mizuno MP54 4 i. dynamic gold S30[/font]zu
    [font=georgia, serif]Mizuno JPX900 3W Tensei CK Blue S[/font]
    [font=georgia, serif]Mizuno JPX900 22 hybrid Fujikura pro63 regular[/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Mizuno S5 wedges 52, 54, 58 KBS Tour X[/font]
    [font=georgia, serif]Scotty Cameron 2012 Select Newport [/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]EZGO 2012 RXV[/font]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.