2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

APPLY: The 2019 Titleist Pro V1 Experience with GolfWRX. 8 Members wanted. Apply here!

mc348f12q68j.jpg

# The 2019 Titleist Pro V1 Experience

On June 5-6, Titleist will take eight (8) WRX members on a journey through the development process for next generation Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls.

This experience will take you behind-the-scenes of Titleist’s world-class design, testing and manufacturing processes – gaining exclusive access to Titleist's Golf Ball R&D department, Manchester Lane Test Facility and Ball Plant 3 – to meet the people and explore the technology that goes into making the most trusted golf balls in the game.

Bring all your golf ball questions – and your golf clubs, because no trip to Titleist is complete without some dedicated product testing.

## TO APPLY YOU MUST

* Be a GolfWRX Forum Member in good standing

* Be willing to drive or provide your own transportation (round trip) to the host hotel in New Bedford, Mass.

* Be willing to participate in an ongoing experience discussion on GolfWRX

* Be ready to travel from the night of June 4th thru June 6th to have a great time.

## TO ENTER

In a post below, include your answers to the following questions:

What is your home city/state?

What is your current USGA Handicap?

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Were you fit for your golf ball?

What are you most interested in seeing/experiencing at Titleist?

## WHO

Titleist Golf Ball R&D, Manufacturing, Product Management, Golf Ball Fitting and Marketing associates, each of whom play key roles in the golf ball development process.

## WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT

Behind-the-scenes tours, one-on-one sessions with golf ball experts, product testing, giveaways and more...

You’ll be expected to contribute to a live Titleist visit thread and possibly on social media as well…

## HOW PARTICIPANTS ARE SELECTED

GolfWRX will select members based on entries and inform them by PM. All Entrants will be picked on or about May 20.

Please apply now below!

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

Oh, I would love to go to this but Mass. is a looonggg way from NV. haha. golfwrx never disappoints with these trips. Good Luck Ya'll!!

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Great Contest - don’t think I can clear my schedule but it’s a shame as I am about 45 min away.

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

What is your home city/state? Charlotte, NC

What is your current USGA Handicap? +2.1

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? TP5. I feel like I can impart more spin with the irons and green side. I lose a small amount of distance off the tee as a trade off.

Were you fit for your golf ball? No

What are you most interested in seeing/experiencing at Titleist? Composition of the layers. It’s one thing to see the layers. It’s another thing to understand how they’re made and what makes up the individual layers.

What is your home city/state? Averill Park,NY

What is your current USGA Handicap? 7.4

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist Pro V1X - why, because they spin quite well, are still long off the tee, and are quite durable.

What are you most interested in seeing/experiencing at Titleist? I'd love to see some of the machines they use in production as I'm really interested in electronics and electrical engineering. I'd love to be fit for titleist stuff, since I've slowly accumulated a full bag of stuff over the years!

I live in Mason, OH (Cincinnati Area)

5.2 handicap

I play Titleist Pro V1 because of it's consistency, feel, and sound. Because the last time WRX Members went on a trip to Titleist they raved about how welcomed they all were and how every employee was so nice to them. My favorite is the fact that they are made in America, keeping people in America working.

I was not fit for the V1

I work at a Mercedes Benz dealership in the service department, I'd really like to see the quality control aspect. Also being fit would be awesome knowing what exactly works best for me.

Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
Byron Morgan 006 GSS

What is your home city/state? Charleston, Sc

What is your current USGA Handicap? 9.5

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Were you fit for your golf ball? TP5x or ChromeSoft X. TP5x due to the length and Consistency in iron play, CSx due to feel and consistency off the driver. Not fit for my driver

What are you most interested in seeing/experiencing at Titleist? having a professional see me hit a ball and tell me that it fits me. Also, I love tech and learning how things work so seeing what people who have been doing this for awhile now have to show me/teach me would be unbelievable.

Forever Changing at this point.......

I live just south of Boston, MA. 10 handicap. I play ProV1X and TP5X for the way they launch high yet carry in the wind. I have never been fit for a golf ball. There are a lot of good performing golf balls but the thing that sticks out with Titleist is consistency, developing new technology, and quality. I’ve seen many of the youtube videos that illustrate how a small tolerance issue can alter ball flight in huge ways so I’ve always appreciated how Titleist tests and manufactures to tighter tolerances.

What is your home city/state? Atlanta, GA

What is your current USGA Handicap? 3.8

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Were you fit for your golf ball? B330S or TP5

What are you most interested in seeing/experiencing at Titleist? Really understanding the difference between the V1, V1x, and AVX and how their characteristics differ in Driver, Fairways, Long, Mid and short irons. I choose a ball based from the green back, so seeing how they perform differently around the green as well.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - GW Cobra King Tour - Axiom 105X
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

What is your home city/state? Detroit Michigan

What is your current USGA Handicap? Dont have one. But in my league I play off 14.

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Pro v1x. No particular reason why I play it just feels good off the face .

What are you most interested in seeing/experiencing at Titleist? Learning more about ball advancement and how it can help a mid to high handicap like me shoot lower scores.

* What is your home city/state?

--Washington D.C./Baltimore M.D.

- What is your current USGA Handicap?

- Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Were you fit for your golf ball?

-- 2019 Srixon Z-Star XV - not fit. Chose it as has great feel, very stable flight and a durable cover.

- What are you most interested in seeing/experiencing at Titleist?

-- I'm interested in seeing the manufacturing process, the quality control process, and how engineers seek to improve new versions of an already state of the art product. I'm also interested to see the fitting process by the industry standard manufacturer and the real differences between balls for my swing and style of play.

--I'm also _really_ interested to see the precise manufacturing that helped create a thinner cover, and the faster core, as well as the software systems used to model, test, and validate the designs before taking them to production.

What is your home city/state? Ballston Lake NY

What is your current USGA Handicap? 4.2

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist pro v 1x because it’s the best most consistent golf ball I have ever played.

Were you fit for your golf ball? I was not

What are you most interested in seeing/experiencing at Titleist? Everything quite literally I have always wanted to take a trip to the ball plant there and see how it’s all done it would be a dream to experience it with the WRX crew.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 @11.25 Ventus TR Red 6X

Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 wood 15 @15.75 Ventus TR Red 8X

Taylormade Stealth 2+ 2 Rescue @18.5* LAGP AXS RED 85HX
Titleist T200 4-6 T150 7-PW Modus 105X 4 iron 120X 5-PW

Taylormade My MG4 50 Modus 120X
Taylormade My MG4 56 TI DG S400

Taylormade My High Toe 3 60 TI DG S400

Taylormade My Spider Tour Stability Carbon

Taylormade TP5X 2024

What is your home city/state? Monroe, Mi

What is your current USGA Handicap? 13

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Were you fit for your golf ball?

-Titleist ProV1, Callaway Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature- pretty much anything that attracts the water and woods. I have always been attracted to a softer golf ball, without sacrificing distance and workability. I have never been fit for a golf ball.

What are you most interested in seeing/experiencing at Titleist?

-Titleist is an aristocrat in the golfing industry! It would be unimaginable to see how Titleist creates and designs their products. To experience firsthand the engineering and innovation behind their products would be a surreal experience!

What a cool opportunity! As a lifelong ProV1x player & current AVX user - this would be a very eye opening experience.

*Living near Columbus, Ohio

+1 handicap (but shorter driving distance than the average +1 handicap golfer & higher iron flight than average)

*Playing AVX (but would like to test against ProV1X & ProV1’s)

*I have never been fit for a golf ball except a few years back at a demo day. Bridgestone was doing golf ball tests & they couldn’t beat the Pro V1x during that test no matter which Bridgestone we tried.

*I’m really interested to see the manufacturing process (I love that it is in the USA). More importantly, I’m interested to see what considerations are taken into account when fitting golfers to a golf ball. It seems that club fitting and ball fitting will almost need to work together for proper fitting from here on out. I’m buying a whole new set of clubs this summer & I would like to know if the AVX or ProV1x is my ball before I am fit for clubs (spin/launch & distance considerations).

Thanks for the opportunity!

Baltimore, MD

18.6 index

ProV1X I've tried every "tour" ball and several mid tier balls and the X just gives me the best performance into and around the green.

I was not fit for it.

I'd most e interested in how Titleist is able to consitently produce balls with such exact tolerances. And learn more (as much as they can say) about the research part.

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Viera, FL

12.4 index

Have played the Pro V1 since it was introduced. Don't recall ball fitting being a thing back then. It just works for me, especially in the short game, which as my handicap would indicate is key since I don't hit every green. Have played Titleist balls since I was a kid, because that was always the best ball in my mind. Played the Professional, Tour Balata, Pro Trajectory, and model names I've since forgotten.

Would love the opportunity to see the R&D, QC, and manufacturing process that goes into Titleist golf balls.

What is your home city/state? Greenville, SC

What is your current USGA Handicap? 2.2

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Were you fit for your golf ball? ProV1X. No fitting.

What are you most interested in seeing/experiencing at Titleist? Finally getting to the bottom of whether I should be playing the X or regular ProV1 in the newest generation after years of playing exclusively the X, and finding out where Titleist stands on the trending idea that a "soft ball is a slow ball" as touted by that other golf site :)

What is your home city/state? Centreville, VA (just outside Washington, DC)

What is your current USGA Handicap? 6.4

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Were you fit for your golf ball? Unsure at the moment, was fit for new irons and wedges last year so I am currently doing some ball testing to determine which ball i will choose. Previously I was playing to Taylormade TP5X and was not fit for that ball.

What are you most interested in seeing/experiencing at Titleist? Learning what goes into their R&D process as well as learning how they control the quality/consistency of their golf balls during the manufacturing process, especially in light of a recent golf ball test article.

Titleist TS3 8.5 w/ HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.5
Titleist TS3 13.5 w/ HZRDUS Smoke 70 6.5
TaylorMade P790 3 w/ HZRDUS Black 85 6.0
Callaway X Forged 4-PW w/ KBS $Taper 120
TaylorMade Milled Grind 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610
Swag Savage Too
Taylormade TP5x

**What is your home city/state?** Fate, TX

**What is your current USGA Handicap?** 12

**Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Were you fit for your golf ball?** Titleist Pro V1x, I feel I get the most out of it with regards to distance and feel for my game. I was not fit for it and I may need to get fit. I think it would be either the Pro V1 or Pro V1x if I did get fit though!

**What are you most interested in seeing/experiencing at Titleist?** Just to see what the entire process of the best ball manufacturer does to make such an amazing product would be an unreal experience! To see how in depth the QC process is and learn more about the history of development!

Mahalo Golf WRX and Titleist for this opportunity!

_What is your home city/state?_ Babylon, Long Island, New York

_What is your current USGA Handicap? _4.2

_Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Were you fit for your golf ball? _Titleist Pro V1x (No not fit) and Callaway Chrome Soft X with Triple Track

_What are you most interested in seeing/experiencing at Titleist?_ I am quite interested in how the ball could benefit my game, and how to find the right ball. I am an Avid Golfer and HS golf coach. I starting to get a little older and losing distance, so understanding the golf ball is becoming more important.

Ping G430 Max 9* Ventus Black 60x

Sim2 15* GD Tour Ad Hd 

Callaway X Hot pro 20* Hybrind Tour AD HD 95x

Srixon ZX-7 4-p Modus 120x

Vokey SM9 50, 54, 58

Lab Mezz Max C/B 

In a post below, include your answers to the following questions:

What is your home city/state? Cincinnati Ohio

What is your current USGA Handicap? 4.2

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Were you fit for your golf ball? Chromesoft/Chromesoft X which I play mostly for feel. I was not fit for this ball and I have never been fit for a ball prior either.

What are you most interested in seeing/experiencing at Titleist? True ball fitting, and also to see the manufacturing process. I am a manufacturing engineer in the aerospace industry so seeing the process in which things are made is pretty cool to me.

Callaway Paradym TD                 9°   Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60

Callaway Paradym TD 3+         13.5°  Mitsubishi Kai'li White 70

Callaway Apex UW                   19°   Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75

Callaway Apex 21                      4-PW  True Temper XP 105

Callaway Jaws Raw                   54°S ,60°Z True Temper DG Spinner 

Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide

Callaway Chrome Soft

What is your home city/state? - Columbus, OH

What is your current USGA Handicap? - 2.6

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Were you fit for your golf ball? - Currently in the ProV1 after years in the ProV1x. Wasn't fit but saw a couple of Titleist reps out at a retailer last year who talked me through the changes in the two and convinced me to make the switch.

What are you most interested in seeing/experiencing at Titleist? - Interested in seeing the sheer science of what a minute change in chemistry/physics can impact on the performance characteristics of a ball. Also interested in seeing a non-textile manufacturing operation, as I've spent years visiting apparel factories around the world.

Thanks to WRX and Titleist for the amazing experience for some lucky folks!

What is your home city/state? Wallkill, NY

What is your current USGA Handicap? 15

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Were you fit for your golf ball? TP5 / TP5X / BXS - Searching for the right ball. Was **never** fit for a ball.

What are you most interested in seeing/experiencing at Titleist? I play Titleist clubs and view them as the best. I would love to see the manufacturing and design process that goes into a premium product such as the Pro v line

This would have been a great birthday present for me! :)

What is your home city/state? Warren, NJ.. I am within driving distance!

What is your current USGA Handicap? 5.6

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Were you fit for your golf ball? Pro v1, TP5, B330S, Chrome Soft. They each have some aspect that I like but in general I just prefer Pro V better. I was not fitted.

What are you most interested in seeing/experiencing at Titleist? I would definitely love to learn more about how different balls affect your game.

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

What is your home city/state: Boston, MA

What is your current USGA Handicap: ~ 9

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Were you fit for your golf ball: Titleist ProV1 because of feel, was not fit for it.

What are you most interested in seeing/experiencing at Titleist: What ball truly fits my game, what goes in to producing the industry leading balls, and what makes them so good that most golfers use them.

What is your home city/state? Raleigh, NC

What is your current USGA Handicap? 1.7

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Were you fit for your golf ball? ProV1x because it's dependable. I tried to change to the ProV1 but had trouble with it in the wind.

What are you most interested in seeing/experiencing at Titleist? In depth testing and learning from the experts.

What is your home city/state? Frederick, CO

What is your current USGA Handicap? 7.4

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Prov1x - I went to a titleist ball fitting and thats what they fit me with

Were you fit for your golf ball? Yes

What are you most interested in seeing/experiencing at Titleist? The processes of both designing and manufacturing golf balls. The science and art that goes into the technology.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Driver (9 set to 8) - Cobra F9 - Tour Length - Fujikura Atmos TS 7X Black[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]3-4 Wood (15) - F9 Tour - [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Fujikura Atmos TS 7X Blue[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Hybrid (19) - Titleist 818h2 - Fujikura Atmos TS 8X Blue [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Irons (4-5) - Taylormade P790 - X100 DG105[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Irons (6-P) - [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade P750 - X100 DG105[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Wedges - Vokey SM-7 - 52.08 F / 56.10 S / 60.10S - X100 DG105[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Putter - 33" Scotty Cameron Newport 3 - Superstroke Flatso 1.0[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Ball - Titleist Pro V1Xs [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Bag - Titleist Players 14 Stand Bag[/size][/font][/color]