Best Courses that offer National Membership

which courses in the top 50 offer national membership

Comments

• raynorfan1raynorfan1 Members Posts: 3,536 ✭✭

I think all of them except the public ones.

• golfdummygolfdummy Members Posts: 149 ✭✭

Most do. Your still going to have to go thru a thorough process to get in. The only difference will be limited rounds and decreased pricing. Some of the top clubs don't need to since a lot of their members are not really local to begin with.

• monty09monty09 Members Posts: 234 ✭✭

I am not targeting anyone in top 10.... 11-50 are ideal

• DancinDancin Members Posts: 250 ✭✭

The majority of the top 50 private in the US are either invitation only or not currently looking for members. I've heard Prairie Dunes is still accepting members. Ballyneal has a waiting list but you'll probably get in within a couple years. If you expand to the top 100 in the US then you'll have a lot more options.

• Schley Schley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaMembers Posts: 1,154 ✭✭

As Dancin mentions PD has a robust national membership. I considered it last summer when I was there and they were almost full at that time. Ballyneal has a small waitlist, but if you are willing to put down part of your deposit they will allow you to play for a X amount of rounds during certain times while on the waitlist.

I'll add a couple to the list. Iverness has a pretty nice deal and were looking for national members last year albeit just a few. Hazeltine and Oak Hill I have heard are possible, although I don't know personally, but from friends.

• Schley Schley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaMembers Posts: 1,154 ✭✭

The obvious is that you need members at almost all places to get in with some of the above mentions being lenient.

• burnsniperburnsniper Members Posts: 534 ✭✭

While a bit tighter now due to the good economy, most courses except for a dozen or so have regular membership turnover - people die, move, etc. That being said, some others particularly near major cities may have waitlists and you are still going to need an invite at many places plus a big check to get considered. Any club that lists the membership director’s contact information on the web likely has a way to get you in the door.

• monty09monty09 Members Posts: 234 ✭✭

@burnsniper said:
    While a bit tighter now due to the good economy, most courses except for a dozen or so have regular membership turnover - people die, move, etc. That being said, some others particularly near major cities may have waitlists and you are still going to need an invite at many places plus a big check to get considered. Any club that lists the membership director’s contact information on the web likely has a way to get you in the door.

agree