Best Courses that offer National Membership

monty09 ·  
monty09monty09  298WRX Points: 98Members Posts: 298 Greens

which courses in the top 50 offer national membership

Posted:

Comments

• raynorfan1raynorfan1  3825WRX Points: 347Members Posts: 3,825 Titanium Tees

I think all of them except the public ones.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • golfdummygolfdummy  153WRX Points: 74Members Posts: 153 Fairways

Most do. Your still going to have to go thru a thorough process to get in. The only difference will be limited rounds and decreased pricing. Some of the top clubs don't need to since a lot of their members are not really local to begin with.

Posted:
  • monty09monty09  298WRX Points: 98Members Posts: 298 Greens

I am not targeting anyone in top 10.... 11-50 are ideal

Posted:
  • DancinDancin  351WRX Points: 109Handicap: 8Members Posts: 351 Greens

The majority of the top 50 private in the US are either invitation only or not currently looking for members. I've heard Prairie Dunes is still accepting members. Ballyneal has a waiting list but you'll probably get in within a couple years. If you expand to the top 100 in the US then you'll have a lot more options.

Posted:
  • Schley Schley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 1423WRX Points: 256Handicap: 12.3Members Posts: 1,423 Platinum Tees

As Dancin mentions PD has a robust national membership. I considered it last summer when I was there and they were almost full at that time. Ballyneal has a small waitlist, but if you are willing to put down part of your deposit they will allow you to play for a X amount of rounds during certain times while on the waitlist.

I'll add a couple to the list. Iverness has a pretty nice deal and were looking for national members last year albeit just a few. Hazeltine and Oak Hill I have heard are possible, although I don't know personally, but from friends.

Posted:
  • Schley Schley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 1423WRX Points: 256Handicap: 12.3Members Posts: 1,423 Platinum Tees

The obvious is that you need members at almost all places to get in with some of the above mentions being lenient.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • burnsniperburnsniper  618WRX Points: 141Members Posts: 618 Golden Tee

While a bit tighter now due to the good economy, most courses except for a dozen or so have regular membership turnover - people die, move, etc. That being said, some others particularly near major cities may have waitlists and you are still going to need an invite at many places plus a big check to get considered. Any club that lists the membership director’s contact information on the web likely has a way to get you in the door.

Posted:
  • monty09monty09  298WRX Points: 98Members Posts: 298 Greens

On -, @burnsniper said:

While a bit tighter now due to the good economy, most courses except for a dozen or so have regular membership turnover - people die, move, etc. That being said, some others particularly near major cities may have waitlists and you are still going to need an invite at many places plus a big check to get considered. Any club that lists the membership director’s contact information on the web likely has a way to get you in the door.

agree

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.