Replays at Pinehurst

We have a trip planned in August where we'll play two rounds on the resort. We currently have an afternoon open, when a few of our group does not want to play. Does anyone know if there is a replay policy at the resort and if so, what is the cost? Is it limited to the course you play or can we get on another course as a replay? TIA

Comments

• burnsniperburnsniper Members Posts: 534 ✭✭
    edited May 10, 2019 11:45am #2

I believe it is just the cart fee for the replay as long as it not No. 2 or No. 4. Last time I went, we did No.2 in the morning and had free rounds on other courses (plus cart fee) in the afternoon. We did this over multiple days and played No. 8 twice as well.

• CMCSGolfCMCSGolf Members Posts: 508 ✭✭

I'm scheduled to go to Pinehurst for 4 days this summer and I just found out they do not have a walking rate. Same rate to ride or walk. This blows my mind at a historic and very walking friendly area of the country. I'm sure it will still be fun and I'm looking forward to seeing the courses, but it really juxtaposes what they are going for compared to Bandon.

• act0fgodact0fgod Members Posts: 164 ✭✭

@CMCSGolf said:
    I'm scheduled to go to Pinehurst for 4 days this summer and I just found out they do not have a walking rate. Same rate to ride or walk. This blows my mind at a historic and very walking friendly area of the country. I'm sure it will still be fun and I'm looking forward to seeing the courses, but it really juxtaposes what they are going for compared to Bandon.

Don't get me started on this. As a member we still have to pay a trail fee to walk #2. It's clearly a revenue thing as there is no walking fee on #2 during the off season. Also push carts aren't allowed...except during certain externally run tournaments.

I love Pinehurst but being profit driven does have some drawbacks.

• brownmbrownm x-ray doc Members Posts: 317 ✭✭

@CMCSGolf said:

Another Pinehurst member here. True, there is no "discount" for walking. But the resort has done away with the policy requiring you to take a caddy when walking, which was a much more expensive proposition. You can now walk and carry your own bag on 2 and 4, something that used to be reserved for members only. I think that is a good move since the greens fees are already steep for nonmember play (though the stay and play packages make it a little less steep). Definitely walk on 2 and 4, and if you need some help navigating the course you can always take a forecaddy and have home drive the cart while you walk down the center line...