Worlds greatest goat humper

Video says it all. If there was a major championship for humping goats I’d win. Any help would be great. So tired of this.

Comments

• JkinluvJkinluv Members Posts: 44 ✭✭

Just looks like a ton of arms. Not letting the torso do the work. You are lifting the club with your arms.

When you take away at the beginning, once you get about parallel with the ground, your shoulder turn should bring the club around on the correct plane. Then on the downswing feel like you are pulling the butt of the club handle straight down while your hips turn towards target to clear so your arms will pass through.

Just a super steep armsy swing.

• laneholtlaneholt Members Posts: 572 ✭✭

FBD,
    If you continue to THROW the face / head of the club at the ball you will just have live with your body raising up. You see- your balance mechanisms don’t consider that you want to propel that golf ball some distance of ANY importance at all. It’s ONLY priority it to keep you from falling and damaging your noggin. You can clearly see that those balance mechanisms raised your body to place your head in the position it is designed in the Human being. Straight over the center of the torso.
    The golf swing is a lever system which must be pulled down and around your torso. The HANDS “ PULL “ the lever down around in FRONT of the torso and face should be the last thing arriving at the ball - AND SWEEPING IT OFF THE SURFACE OR TEE! If the HANDS speed up the BODY will slow down - Newtons Third Law .
    If your HANDS and ARMS ( approx. 24 lbs plus shaft and head ) are thrown back behind you away from your body your balance mechanisms will AUTO ENGAGE to correct your mistake. You will have to be a servant to these Human balance mechanisms BC you dang CAN’T CHANGE THEM !
    Good luck

Lane

• midwestonmidweston I should have taken up fishing.... Members Posts: 1,545 ✭✭

Have you seen any of George Gankas (ggswingtips) on youtube? You are standing up through follow through to deloft the club through impact and you just steepen the shaft. He has an alternate way to shallow the shaft and actually have a bent front knee through impact... I am not describing it well, but check this out:

note: this channel isn't run by George...kind of a mess, but his material is amazing.

• FormerBigDaddyFormerBigDaddy Members Posts: 78 ✭✭

@midweston said:
    Have you seen any of George Gankas (ggswingtips) on youtube? You are standing up through follow through to deloft the club through impact and you just steepen the shaft. He has an alternate way to shallow the shaft and actually have a bent front knee through impact... I am not describing it well, but check this out:

Yeah i have... watched a ton of his videos. I think he describes what should be happening well, but i think the root of my issues begin well before my actual EE. I actually began experimenting with what feels like a steeper shoulder turn for me and it seems to have helped me tremendously. I still have some EE, but not as much and with this left shoulder more down move going back it feels as though I can transition much better without ripping the club down and getting steep. Shot 86 this past sunday and drove the ball as well as i ever have.

• FormerBigDaddyFormerBigDaddy Members Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited May 21, 2019 5:45pm #7

@laneholt said:
    FBD,
    If you continue to THROW the face / head of the club at the ball you will just have live with your body raising up. You see- your balance mechanisms don’t consider that you want to propel that golf ball some distance of ANY importance at all. It’s ONLY priority it to keep you from falling and damaging your noggin. You can clearly see that those balance mechanisms raised your body to place your head in the position it is designed in the Human being. Straight over the center of the torso.
    The golf swing is a lever system which must be pulled down and around your torso. The HANDS “ PULL “ the lever down around in FRONT of the torso and face should be the last thing arriving at the ball - AND SWEEPING IT OFF THE SURFACE OR TEE! If the HANDS speed up the BODY will slow down - Newtons Third Law .
    If your HANDS and ARMS ( approx. 24 lbs plus shaft and head ) are thrown back behind you away from your body your balance mechanisms will AUTO ENGAGE to correct your mistake. You will have to be a servant to these Human balance mechanisms BC you dang CAN’T CHANGE THEM !
    Good luck

Lane

This is spot on. I was definitely coming over the top and pulling the club in front of me to start downswing. No way to prevent the EE when I'm doing that. Now that I really know what I'm doing I think have have taken some steps to address it. Thank yoU!

I can be corrected if I'm wrong, but the reason we "EE" is because we don't have room for our arms to get through impact without shanking the ball, and our body knows it and corrects it. It's about making space for the hands too.

And agreed on your previous comment.... George talks about doing opposites...so on the backswing getting really tall so you squat on the way down, which forces you to turn instead of stand up and flip.

• laneholtlaneholt Members Posts: 572 ✭✭

FBD,

One very important thing you need to know —- you CAN NOT / MUST NOT try to create power on the DS. The ONLY power you have is that which you have created by STRETCHING your left side LAT and back muscles when your HANDS PULL the lever back around behind your torso. Our HANDS possess NO power. They ONLY dictate what the body should do and the body will ALWAYS obey the commands of our external brain ( The right hand for a rightie )  The intent to pull the lever system down and around is dictated by the “ HANDS “  and the body will square the face and provide the power. 

Obviously this seems radical to you or anyone else , but their is NOTHING natural about the golf swing. Never has been, never will be. You must teach your HANDS to perform a task that is totally foreign and unnatural to the human species. And that is NOT easy. You have to overcome those powerful genetics and teach your HANDS NOT to hit. The dog MUST wag the tail . Power ONLY comes from the turning and PULLING of the torso, not the HANDS !