***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

tommy armour #3 is it all that ?

tyorke1 ·  
tyorke1tyorke1 Members  2324WRX Points: 147Handicap: +1.4Posts: 2,324 Platinum Tees

Just wondering, seems to be getting great reviews ,

Posted:
m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 
Post edited by tyorke1 on

Comments

• tyorke1tyorke1 Members  2324WRX Points: 147Handicap: +1.4Posts: 2,324 Platinum Tees

no one using one

Posted:
    m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
    m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
    818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
    taylor p790 17 degree
    taylormade p760 3-pw
    vokey 50--56--60
    taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
    epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • hawkgolferhawkgolfer Members  114WRX Points: 76Handicap: 5.0Posts: 114 Fairways

I bought one blind yesterday since **** offered $20 off, so an $80 investment. I will let you know how I fare with it over the next few weeks, but I have read very few poor reviews of the putter in general. You cannot beat the price, that is for sure.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero Triple Diamond 9.0 Fujikura Atmos Blue 6X Tour Spec
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 13.5 Tensei AV Blue 75 X
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18.0 Tensei AV Blue 75 X
    Mizuno MP-18 SC & MB combo 4-5 & 6-PW KBS C-Taper Lite X
    Titleist Vokey Raw SM7 52.08F 56.08M 60.04L
    Evenroll ER2 34"
  • timothymtimothym ClubWRX  162WRX Points: 67Posts: 162 ClubWRX

I tried one in the store and it felt good. Purchased one using the code provided by the certain site and got it for $20 off. For the price of $80 it was a good purchase for me. Took it to the local PGASS and practiced for 40 mins. I replaced the grip with a superstroke while there.

Posted:
    timothym
  • JohnnypensoJohnnypenso Ooooh, that's a duff. Members  203WRX Points: 50Handicap: 8.1Posts: 203 Fairways

I took a trip across the border to try one at Dick's and I wasn't a fan. It was a bit on the light side for me I think and a bit smaller than I expected it to be. I hit a lot of putts with it but just couldn't get comfortable with it.

Posted:
  • meliaantmeliaant Members  384WRX Points: 110Posts: 384 Greens

I was in the market for a wing mallet, and grabbed one at Dick's last year in sale for $80. It's been in my bag ever since. Putters are probably the most subjective, personal clubs in our bags, and for me this thing just hits every note. I'm confident standing over the ball, I like the weight of the head, I feel the ball coming off the face, etc. My lag putting has improved tenfold, I have confidence with those treacherous 6-8 footers, and my three putting has been cut by 75%. I don't know what it is about the thing, but for me it just flat out works.

Posted:
    TaylorMade M5 Tour 9* Project X HZRDUS Black 65x
    TaylorMade M4 15* Aldila X-Torsion Copper 70x
    TaylorMade M4 Rescue 19* Fujikura Atmos 
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli Hi 4 Aldila NV Hybrid 105s
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW Project X LZ 5.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52.12F, 56.14F, 60.12D Dynamic Gold Wedge
    TaylorMade Spider X 34"
    TaylorMade TP5x
    Ping Hoofer
    Puma Ignite PwrAdapt
  • jjmurryjjmurry Washington, DCMembers  290WRX Points: 114Handicap: 1.5Posts: 290 Greens

Just want to say this has been in my bag for two weeks now and it's the most incredible thing to happen to my golf game. I'm a bad putter and that's putting it lightly, averaging a 3 putt maybe 4 times a round. I haven't had a single three putt in the last 4 rounds. It's that good. I threw a Sense S1 grip on it the second I got it and cut it down from 35" to 33.5" and it's seriously incredible. Best $80 I spent!

Posted:
    Taylormade SIM - Ventus Black 6X
    Taylormade SIM Rocket 3W - Motore X F1 7X
    Taylormade P790 UDI - Tensei CK Pro Orange 95X Hybrid
    Srixon ZForged PW-4i - Oban CT 125
    Srixon RTX4 50*, 54*, 58* - S400
    Ping Anser 2
    Taylormade TP5X

Advertisement
  • Lenny2Lenny2 Members  166WRX Points: 56Posts: 166 Fairways

Yes it is so nice, unreal price for such a great putter. Grabbed both my nephews one at $80 each with a Dicks coupon I had and I got one. I got the CB and love it. I had a Scotty buttonback but it was stolen so got this and I’m making more putts and again for the price it’s a solid putter. I didn’t like the grip but not a biggie. Changed it to a CB superstroke.

Posted:
  • hungyellowhungyellow Members  173WRX Points: 99Handicap: 15Posts: 173 Fairways

Going to chime in on this old thread but got it recently and was putting on my mat last night with my Odyssey 1W and I have to say the TA3 beat it pretty easy. I was not expecting that. I was holing putts with pretty good ease. I am so shocked at how well the TA3 performed on the putting mat. I just need to make sure it translates to the course. I was in the market for a Spider X and Toulon Las Vegas but I might put that on hold now with how well Tommy Armour Impact 3 performed. Although I will probably still get the Toulon Las Vegas putter to try just because I like the look of it haha.

Posted:

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 9* with Diamana D+ Limited Whiteboard 70 S

TaylorMade SIM Max 9* with Hzrdus Green Smoke 60g 6.0 [Contending to kick the Epic Flash out of the bag]

3W: Callaway Epic 15.5* with Diamana D+ Limited Whiteboard 80 S

5W: Titleist 906f2 with ProtoByYou S

4-PW: Cobra Forged Combo Black with KBS Black PVD $-Taper S

Wedges: Cleveland 50*-MID, 54*-MID, and 58*-FULL with Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Onyx S400

Putter: Odyssey Black Series 1W with black shaft

Tommy Armour Impact 3 with black shaft [Contending to kick the Odyssey Black Series 1W out of the bag]

• gsteitzgsteitz Members  363WRX Points: 79Posts: 363 Greens

I stop by Golf Galaxy periodically just to check out putters and the TA2 has constantly been the best feeling stick in the entire store for over a year. Love the lighter feel and smaller grip preferences too.

Posted:
  • meliaantmeliaant Members  384WRX Points: 110Posts: 384 Greens

I'll chime in here, again. I bought mine in August of 2018, and it's been in my bag ever since. I have flirted with a Scotty NP2 and a few Odysseys, but nothing has come close to kicking it out of the bag. I have mine with a SuperStroke Pistol GTR, and I legit want to buy 1 or 2 more TA3's to stuff in the closet. I have never putted with a putter this nice, this consistent, this confidence-inspiring in my 30 years of golfing.

Now, with that being said, I'm very, VERY interested to give the $249 milled version of this putter a roll. The Tommy Armour Serrano. So sleek, so beautiful, but is it as good as it's cheaper counterpart?

Posted:
    TaylorMade M5 Tour 9* Project X HZRDUS Black 65x
    TaylorMade M4 15* Aldila X-Torsion Copper 70x
    TaylorMade M4 Rescue 19* Fujikura Atmos 
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli Hi 4 Aldila NV Hybrid 105s
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW Project X LZ 5.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52.12F, 56.14F, 60.12D Dynamic Gold Wedge
    TaylorMade Spider X 34"
    TaylorMade TP5x
    Ping Hoofer
    Puma Ignite PwrAdapt
  • maverickmaverick Members  1453WRX Points: 187Posts: 1,453 Platinum Tees

I had a friend who bought one and at one point he said, "Try it". I did and sunk the first putt I tried. I may re-visit these except I am putting very well with a new (to me) Spider X, my 4th Spider.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Zen_GolferZen_Golfer Columbus, OHMembers  365WRX Points: 238Handicap: 10Posts: 365 Greens

I tried one last year and really liked it but didnt love the feel of it. Ive really been a mallet guy though. Ive now got a TA Infusion Roslin and love it. Dont sell TA putters short, theyre really good, just like the rest of the TA line.

Posted:
  • casey_0507casey_0507 Members  1808WRX Points: 156Posts: 1,808 Platinum Tees

Kind of off topic, has anyone chopped off the wings on the heavier CB version to make a frankenstein Scotty Studio Select Squareback?

Posted:
    Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
    Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
    Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
    Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
    Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
    Spider Tour Red
  • LiveonceLiveonce Members  86WRX Points: 28Posts: 86 Fairways

Rolled one in the store and felt good. Considered putting it in the bag at one point but went with LaB ultimately

Posted:
  • BacksidefloaterBacksidefloater Members  252WRX Points: 43Posts: 252 Greens
    Posted:
  • FlashinLeatherFlashinLeather FloridaMembers  227WRX Points: 92Handicap: 7Posts: 227 Fairways
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 10.5 - AD DI 7x
    TS2 Hybrid 19* - AD DI 95x
    Titleist 718 T-MB - 2i - X100
    TaylorMade P790 - 4i-AW - X100
    Vokey - 55.5, 60
    Bettinardi - BB8 Dass / QB6 / iNOVAi 5.0 CS / BB40 | Byron Morgan - DH11
    Srixon Z Star 

Advertisement
  • casey_0507casey_0507 Members  1808WRX Points: 156Posts: 1,808 Platinum Tees
    Posted:
    Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
    Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
    Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
    Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
    Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
    Spider Tour Red

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.