We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

I-500s; after using them for a while, anybody else loathe them ?

1234568»

Comments

• rocket500rocket500  157WRX Points: 74Members Posts: 157

I like mine a lot. They aren’t the best feeling irons but I don’t care. Hit them really close to the hole a lot.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • A.PrinceyA.Princey Major Hacker  2346WRX Points: 449Members Posts: 2,346

I was afraid when I sold mine, the buyer would want to return them cause every shot feels like a rock, no joke. I'm not one of those obsessive "feel" players either, but these may have made one out of me.... and I wanted to like them so, so bad because they look so good.

Posted:

Titleist 915D2 10.5*, Fujikura Pro 70X 43.5"
    Ping G SFT 16*, Matrix 8Q3-X 41.5"
    Ping OG Rapture 2-U, DG XP - R300
    Vokey 56(57*), 60(63*) DG-R400
    "Rusty" Byron DH89 Pipeneck, 34" (or any of 10  2 other putters...)

B330-RX

• rbilramzrbilramz  807WRX Points: 100ClubWRX Posts: 807

So I’m a Ping guy. Historically played the field, have gravitated to an all Ping bag (minus putter after several attempts) over the last 5 years. I was basically dead set that the i500 would be my next irons.
    After 2 fittings (I was that determined / stubborn) these would be my next irons, I started to play the field. Admittedly, I love the concept of a progressive set, that’s why my i25’s have lasted this long.
    Since I’ve opened my search to all OEM’s I fell upon a blatant winner. The PXG 0211’s are amazing. Great precision in the short irons and a ton of forgiveness in the long irons.
    I was hesitant of anything non-Ping at first, but got over that more quickly than expected. Now that I’ve landed on the PXG, I tell myself they are just fancy Ping irons, but really, they were just the best evolution of my i25.

Posted:
  • J LO J LO  534WRX Points: 72Members Posts: 534

Liked mine for a few rounds but they went back after 10 rounds. Felt very light and had a hard time with distance control. Went with combo set of apex and apex pro, game is best it’s been in awhile and way more confidence with irons. Paired my with Project x which is better weighting for me so that could have been a contributor

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 8* Speeder Evolution 757 Tour Issue Shiro X Stiff
    FW: G400 Stretch 13* Tour 75X
    FW: G410 5W Tour 75X
    Irons: Apex/Apex Pro 19 5-GW Project X 6.5
    Wedges: JAWS MD5 54-10S, 58-10S S400 Tour Issue
    Putter: Spider Tour Black

• KamenKamen Kamen  549WRX Points: 56Members Posts: 549

Had mine since launch and when I got fitted they felt good. When I got them they feel so hard I really didn’t like them. Also my first set had the weld line issue so ping replaced the set for me. The second set I could still see the weld line faintly and it kinda bugged me. Sold them recently and won’t look back or to any other hollow body irons.

Posted:
    Ping G400 Max
    Ping G410 LST 3 Fairway
    Ping G400 7 Fairway
    Titleist U500 4
    Titleist T100 5-PW
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50SS, 54WS, 60ES
    Nike Method Origin B2-01

• jwb10jwb10 Major Winner Mars 1034WRX Points: 150Members Posts: 1,034

Anyway, I started this just to see if others had similar issues. Many did, but many love their I-500s and are playing great with them. I didn't think that it would controversial, as for reach his own, but I was mistaken. For those that love them, GREAT !! I hope you continue to love them and play great. I love the I-210s i bought to replace them, so all is good. I appreciate those that had similar issues so that I can comfort myself for buying $ 1100 irons that I loathed. Oh well.....I know I'll do other stupid stuff, soon,too

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.