Miura wedges

cpeckcpeck North new jerseyMembers Posts: 443 ✭✭

recently purchased 2 miura wedges. just noticed the now have a large option for bounce.

no need to wait for those SM8’s now!

https://miuragolf.com/product/miura-tour-wedge-high-bounce/

no lefty that i saw.

Comments

• Z4Z3RZ4Z3R Golfing Guy's Guy Cleveland, OHMembers Posts: 80 ✭✭

so basically just +2* of bounce across the range... which wedges did you get?

I've been wanting a K grind for a while now (mostly just for the looks)

Blade Day Options:
    • Taylormade P7TW
    • Callaway Apex MB RAW
    • Titleist 670
    • Titleist 690.mb 

• BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,734 ✭✭

I want less bounce in a Miura . Like a 4 bounce option.

• rkelso184rkelso184 Members Posts: 187 ✭✭

I hated mine... Yes I'm a high handicap golfer and yes this is due to from 50m to pin but I just hated them. Went from SM7 to MD4 (MD4 were exceptional and topped the SM7) then to the miura. Had KBS tour 120 shaft in them, found there to just be no "meat' in the club head and on full shots didn't have the same sweet nice feeling of the other 2. I think this was due to how thin the head is. All 3 I've gamed the Chrome Soft balls so wasn't a ball issue either.

Driver - G410 Evenflow Black 70S
    4W - F9 Fuji Speeder XLR8 Pro 73S
    6W - F9 Fuji Speeder XLR8 Pro 73S
    4H - JPX900 Fuji Pro 73HS
    5 to P - P790 1" Over KBS Tour S
    50-54-58 - MD4 Black DGS200 TI 
    P - Spider X 35"
    Ball - Chrome Soft

• cpeckcpeck North new jerseyMembers Posts: 443 ✭✭
    edited May 17, 2019 2:14pm #5

i ordered a set of the lefty wedges, just happened to see it on the website and it said new. figured i would share. > @Z4Z3R said:

so basically just +2* of bounce across the range... which wedges did you get?

I've been wanting a K grind for a while now (mostly just for the looks)

• Jack PearsallJack Pearsall Members Posts: 3,351 ✭✭

He always has felt that Miura wedges were a bit heavier in the head than most others. That may be Totally Wrong, factually. But he could feel the head during the swing. His Epons are similar in that regard. They make great stuff.

Taylormade SLDR TP 430 10*
    Taylormade Aeroburner 15*
    Taylormade SLDR 19*
    Mizuno MP FliHi 21* 24*
    Mizuno MP-15 5-PW
    Mizuno MP T7 52* 58*
    Scotty Cameron TeI3 Newport Longneck
  • whiffwhiff Members Posts: 80 ✭✭

Have the new K grind and love them. Went 54 & 58. Great from any lie for me. Good thing I like them....they were not cheap!

• buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 5,678 ✭✭

I was looking at one model recently on their site and when I saw they upcharged for shafts and grips on a $300 wedge I just moved along.

• Z4Z3RZ4Z3R Golfing Guy's Guy Cleveland, OHMembers Posts: 80 ✭✭

@buckeyefl said:
    I was looking at one model recently on their site and when I saw they upcharged for shafts and grips on a $300 wedge I just moved along.

I think that if you don't order directly from Miura, you can avoid the upcharges. I believe that if you order through The People's Clubs, you can get almost any shaft without the upcharge. Miura just must not carry stock on most of these shafts. I agree that's kind of ridiculous though. Hard to justify spending $300 a wedge as it is when you can get a new vokey for half that.

https://thepeoplesclubs.com/miura-tour-wedge-series.html

Blade Day Options:
    • Taylormade P7TW
    • Callaway Apex MB RAW
    • Titleist 670
    • Titleist 690.mb