Miura wedges

cpeck ·  
cpeckcpeck North new jerseyMembers  651WRX Points: 302Handicap: leftyPosts: 651 Golden Tee

recently purchased 2 miura wedges. just noticed the now have a large option for bounce.

no need to wait for those SM8’s now!

https://miuragolf.com/product/miura-tour-wedge-high-bounce/

no lefty that i saw.

Posted:

Comments

• Z4Z3RZ4Z3R Golfing Guy's Guy Cleveland, OHMembers  145WRX Points: 97Posts: 145 Fairways

so basically just +2* of bounce across the range... which wedges did you get?

I've been wanting a K grind for a while now (mostly just for the looks)

Posted:
    What's in the Quiver (subject to rapid change)

Callaway Epic 10.5//GD IZ 6x
    Taylormade SIM 3w// Fujikura Ventus 7x
    Mizuno ST180 5w//PX HZRDUS YELLOW 85g 6.5 
    Callaway Apex 4h//PX HZRDUS BLACK 85g 6.5
    Callaway Raw Apex MB 5-P//PX 6.0
    Cobra King Tour Raw 50V, 56V, 60V//DG TI S400
    Scotty Cameron 2018 Global Limited
    ProV1
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BB28403BB28403 Members  4279WRX Points: 755Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Posts: 4,279 Titanium Tees

I want less bounce in a Miura . Like a 4 bounce option.

Posted:
  • rkelso184rkelso184 Members  335WRX Points: 191Posts: 335 Greens

I hated mine... Yes I'm a high handicap golfer and yes this is due to from 50m to pin but I just hated them. Went from SM7 to MD4 (MD4 were exceptional and topped the SM7) then to the miura. Had KBS tour 120 shaft in them, found there to just be no "meat' in the club head and on full shots didn't have the same sweet nice feeling of the other 2. I think this was due to how thin the head is. All 3 I've gamed the Chrome Soft balls so wasn't a ball issue either.

Posted:
  • cpeckcpeck North new jerseyMembers  651WRX Points: 302Handicap: leftyPosts: 651 Golden Tee

i ordered a set of the lefty wedges, just happened to see it on the website and it said new. figured i would share. >

On -, @Z4Z3R said:

so basically just +2* of bounce across the range... which wedges did you get?

I've been wanting a K grind for a while now (mostly just for the looks)

Posted:
  • Jack PearsallJack Pearsall Members  3507WRX Points: 275Posts: 3,507 Titanium Tees

He always has felt that Miura wedges were a bit heavier in the head than most others. That may be Totally Wrong, factually. But he could feel the head during the swing. His Epons are similar in that regard. They make great stuff.

Posted:

tm sldr tp aeroburner flihi pcb tours sm7 wh#6

• whiffwhiff Members  107WRX Points: 66Handicap: 2Posts: 107 Fairways

Have the new K grind and love them. Went 54 & 58. Great from any lie for me. Good thing I like them....they were not cheap!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members  6106WRX Points: 1,101Posts: 6,106 Titanium Tees

I was looking at one model recently on their site and when I saw they upcharged for shafts and grips on a $300 wedge I just moved along.

Posted:
  • Z4Z3RZ4Z3R Golfing Guy's Guy Cleveland, OHMembers  145WRX Points: 97Posts: 145 Fairways

On -, @buckeyefl said:

I was looking at one model recently on their site and when I saw they upcharged for shafts and grips on a $300 wedge I just moved along.

I think that if you don't order directly from Miura, you can avoid the upcharges. I believe that if you order through The People's Clubs, you can get almost any shaft without the upcharge. Miura just must not carry stock on most of these shafts. I agree that's kind of ridiculous though. Hard to justify spending $300 a wedge as it is when you can get a new vokey for half that.

https://thepeoplesclubs.com/miura-tour-wedge-series.html

Posted:
    What's in the Quiver (subject to rapid change)

Callaway Epic 10.5//GD IZ 6x
    Taylormade SIM 3w// Fujikura Ventus 7x
    Mizuno ST180 5w//PX HZRDUS YELLOW 85g 6.5 
    Callaway Apex 4h//PX HZRDUS BLACK 85g 6.5
    Callaway Raw Apex MB 5-P//PX 6.0
    Cobra King Tour Raw 50V, 56V, 60V//DG TI S400
    Scotty Cameron 2018 Global Limited
    ProV1
  • chonkoachonkoa Members  86WRX Points: 31Handicap: 14Posts: 86 Fairways

On -, @whiff said:

Have the new K grind and love them. Went 54 & 58. Great from any lie for me. Good thing I like them....they were not cheap!

I ordered the 56 degrees to compare to the first model. I will love to see the difference in spin rates.

Posted:
    Miura Hayete driver
    Miura ICL 601-2 iron
    Miura MB001 4,5,6
    Mizuno MP 18 7,8,9,P irons
    Mizuno S18 50 & 60
    Miura KM 008
  • cpeckcpeck North new jerseyMembers  651WRX Points: 302Handicap: leftyPosts: 651 Golden Tee

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/352740820353

might go for cheap if anyone here is interested in a set. Lefty

Posted:
  • themule08themule08 RochesterMembers  82WRX Points: 57Posts: 82 Fairways

I played kgrind 52,56,60 for little over a year.. I just bought a set of vokeys, I can not stand how inconsistent these wedges are.. such a shame because they have such a nice feel..

at least they hold their value pretty well

Posted:
    R1
    Callaway Diablo tour 3/5
    Cobra Amp Forged Iron 4-AW
    Hopkins Golf FST High Rev 56/58
    Odyssey

Advertisement
  • buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members  6106WRX Points: 1,101Posts: 6,106 Titanium Tees

On -, @themule08 said:

I played kgrind 52,56,60 for little over a year.. I just bought a set of vokeys, I can not stand how inconsistent these wedges are.. such a shame because they have such a nice feel..

at least they hold their value pretty well

Inconsistent MB wedges?

Posted:
  • BB28403BB28403 Members  4279WRX Points: 755Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Posts: 4,279 Titanium Tees

Has anyone moved from more affordable Miura wedges to the $300 tour ones?

what differences did you see?

going from wedges being worth $600 max to $1200 (all 4) max just seems like a diff ballpark!

Posted:
  • nitramnitram WestOK, on the South Canadian Riviera Members  5776WRX Points: 451Handicap: -.6Posts: 5,776 Titanium Tees

I didn't understand either...

The tours are from the same forging but have a little smaller profile and are weighted a little heavier to allow for more custom grinding as opposed to the Miura "regular" wedges.

Posted:
    JBeam BM-435 Blackout 9* Accra TZ5 65 M5
    Exotics CBX 119 13.5* & 18* Accra TourZ 382 M5
    Exotics CBX 22* Accra TZ5-95H M5
    PING S55 5-P Mitsubishi MMT-125TX
    Chikara V1 Proto 52, 57, 60 Mitsubishi MMT-125 TX (9-iron)
    Cameron 009 Prototype (A010656)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.