2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: Ben Hogan PTx PRO Irons! See What Members Are Saying!

yd71qcwc20bp.jpg

We know everyone wants to know more about the new Ben Hogan PTx PRO irons and we have members putting them through their paces! Make sure to ask any questions you might have, these testers would love to answer them. The members testing are...

@NTKT10

@Shipwreck

@jah7838

@TheSphynx

We also want to give a big THANK YOU to Ben Hogan for putting on this product testing thread!

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

Received the irons via UPS yesterday and could not wait to break open the box. I won’t be playing until Sunday but I’ll give an initial impression followed by a full, in-depth review later.

A little bit about me and my game:

Currently a 6.2 (had some bad tournament rounds) and playing 718 AP2s w/ AMT S300. My ball flight is a medium trajectory with enough spin to stop the ball or run out a little but never really spinning them back. I tend to play a fade most shots.

I ordered these irons standard length, 1* flat, midsize grips, standard loft with S300 shafts. I was playing the Hogan FT Worth Blacks for a decent time and absolutely loved those irons, but wasn’t playing enough to take full advantage of the blades. These Hogan’s are similar to AP2s in terms of topline thickness, with the sole being a hair thicker, more like a Srixon iron, which BTW I love the V-Sole. I’m interested to see how the hollow body design of the long irons plays into my game, and if these can help me elevate the ball a little bit more.

First impressions are these things are gorgeous. The Ben Hogan company does an immaculate job with the attention to detail. Nothing flash about these irons, just straight forward design. People talked about the offset but I didn’t notice any more than my AP2s in terms of offset. Here are a couple of pics of them. Looking forward to putting them through the ringer on Sunday. Stay tuned!bjxr1hys66mp.jpeg

u41mrgk1o4y5.jpeg

5ztg41wwg2qq.jpeg

9si6cck0vree.jpeg

• Like 1

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

Big thanks to Golfwrx and Ben Hogan for this opportunity! I was very excited to see that I won these beautiful irons. I received my set on Friday, but wasn't able to get them to the range for a test run until Monday. I ordered them with s300s, standard length and lie on the 6-P, while the 4 and 5 iron were ordered just a bit shorter to match the specs of my Fly Z+ irons I have gamed since the summer they came out a few years ago.

I've had the TIS400 shafts in the Cobras the entire time I've owned them, and installed tip weights into each shaft to get the swingweight up. I actually play my irons Fly Z+ irons at a D7 swingweight because I grip down about 1/2" on all my clubs, and playing them shorter never seemed to feel right to me. I actually swapped out my s400s and put them in the Hogans because I felt that would allow me to give them a fair review since I've used those shafts for the past 4+ years.

I'm currently an 8 handicap, and have been as low as a 6. The irons I had before the Cobras were the Adams CB1 irons.

I went away from them looking for more forgiveness in the long irons, which I got with the Cobras, but I lost some ability to flight the ball a little lower in the scoring irons that I had with the CB1s. I'm hoping the Hogans give me the best of both worlds.

My first impressions with the Hogans is they are great looking irons. When comparing them to my Cobras, these were my first thoughts after opening the box and taking pictures:

-They are about the same size as the Fly Z+ irons

-Top Line was slightly thicker with the Hogans than the Cobras. While taking pictures, I realized that was because the way the club was designed, the metal was more evenly distributed along the back of the clubs.

-Width of the sole is very similar between the 2 clubs, and the V Sole on the Hogans is very subtle, as you can see in the pictures.

I got them to the range Monday after work, and really enjoyed hitting them once I got used to them, and started to trust what I was feeling with the clubs. The range was still very wet from all the rain that we had over the weekend in the DFW area, but the V sole performed better than I expected. The club slid thru the turf like, while creating very consistent divot sizes, both in depth and in length. Towards the end of my range session, I really started to get a groove and tried hitting shots high and low, and didn't have any issues doing either.

The one club that I will be unsure about will be the 4 iron. I can hit a 4 iron, but I've had my Adams Super 9031 23* hybrid in the bag for a long time, and it's going to take a lot for the club to leave my bag. I'm going to give the 4 iron a fair shake, so we will see how it goes. I added the picture of the hybrid in the comparison pictures as well.

I was able to get the 7 iron on a simulator last night, and the numbers are right in line with the 7 iron in the Fly Z+ with the same shaft, which is why I swapped out the shafts. I'm hoping to get them to the course today after work, and I'll report back to how the round went with them.

ud0sm30pg8jr.jpg

lmwg6c83c38t.jpg

l11xyatrbm6x.jpg

8hakjy8tmw4a.jpg

nmt16nexqawz.jpg

5f1kna1yuqtn.jpg

y1ctamt50d2d.jpg

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17.25* (Motore F1 7s); 21* Callaway UW (Attas T2 8S); Adams Super 9031 23* (Recoil Prototype Utility 110 F4)
Irons: 5-PW Srixon ZX7 MKII (KBS 120 $ Taper)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

I also received my set of 4-Pw yesterday and as someone who LOVED hogan irons in the days of apex edge pro, apex plus, and the ftx, I was pretty gassed up to see the ups truck pull up.

A little background about me: I play to around a 2 and my iron play is one of my biggest strengths on the course. Current set in the bag is the Nike vapor pros that are 1°, 1/2” over length (39” 4 iron), and 1° strong loft.

When I got the PM that I had been selected, I submitted my specs to match my vapor pros exactly. I’m was kind of disappointed to see the confirmation email for the “order” that I would be getting standard length and loft. I thought “oh well they are sending me these clubs, I can’t complain”. When the clubs arrived I took them to my builder to tweak the lofts and check lies. I was somewhat shocked to see that, based off hogans website, the lofts were off on 6 of 7 clubs. The lies were all over the map too. No biggie, had them bent to match my nikes. The lengths were good 4-7 to the specs, but the 8-9-P were all longer than the site. Again, can’t complain , but I might not have been happy if I dropped the $770 on these. Not what I’d expect for a site boasting that clubs are build to order and not mass produced.

Once I opened them up, the looks were as advertised. They are a very very good looking iron. The initial pics I saw online made me think these scream large game Improvement heads, and I was surprised to see a nice shape and size. Blade length isn’t overly long, offset, while noticeably more than my vapors, isn’t bad at all. They are a tad thick on the top line, but nothing that would scream “shovel” to me. They remind me of a friends old set of AP2, just with a touch more offset.

I initially wasn’t a fan of the stock grips when I opened the box, but after yesterday’s range session I was pleasantly surprised. They’re pretty tacky and seem to perform well.

I snapped a few pics yesterday pai3vrivq297.jpeg

n71qsyvqarpj.jpeg

h1ps00q3js5v.jpeg

n5au0whr4xfs.jpeg

wt2418sbyy6t.jpeg

I headed to the range thinking “these things are going to go a mile in the air” as I hit irons shots pretty high already. I brought my 4-7-P vapors with me for comparison and much to my surprise, they had VERY similar flights. They took off in a good “window” , and once they reached their apex, I never once thought it was too high. Like I said, surprised. I have not way to compare spin, other than they seemed to go the same distance on the range as my vapors. I can’t recall a shot that seemed like it had too much spin where it climbed up and died out.

Heading into the range, I was skeptical on how these would feel coming from a forged vapor pro to a multi piece hollow clubhead. I was worried they’d feel “clicky”, “dead” or “hollow” (insert your preferred term). The short irons felt PHENOMENAL. Center strikes, as you’d assume, were such a smooth feeling. Since the irons were a touch shorter, I had no issue missing on the toe to see how mishits felt. In the shorts, there was a difference when compared to centered, but ther was nothing offensive about feedback. I was really impressed with feel. The longer irons also had a real “smooth” feel in center strikes, but missing them on the toe brought out the hollow, clicky, “tingy” sounding and feeling shots. But as I said, all in all, really impressed with feel.

I had to hit off mats since weather around here has sucked balls so I can’t comment yet on turf interaction.

I plan on getting them on the course Friday so I’ll update with that info...until then, ask away if you have any questions.

Thanks again to WRX and Hogan for the opportunity

@TheSphynx the lofts were all 1* strong, and the lie angle was 1-2* upright on my irons as well when I checked them as well. The lofts being 1* strong wasn't an issue because I wanted them that way. They were very easy to bend, so it wasn't that difficult to fix the lie angle, but I would have been frustrated as well if I spent money on them.

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17.25* (Motore F1 7s); 21* Callaway UW (Attas T2 8S); Adams Super 9031 23* (Recoil Prototype Utility 110 F4)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

I got them on the course yesterday. It was a perfect afternoon for golf (temps in the 80s, and a pretty constant 1 club wind when hitting into it), and it was also a slower round than it needed to be on a Wednesday afternoon. That was ok, because it gave me multiple opportunities to hit multiple shots from fairways or other lies.

My on course impressions is that these clubs feel is phenomenal, and are VERY forgiving. My playing partners made multiple comments on how good they sound as well. The long irons and the short irons all felt very similar....meaning they felt really, really, really good. One of the guys I played with actually has the previous PTX irons, and he mentioned that he liked the sound of PTX Pros over his PTX irons.

They are more forgiving than the Fly Z+ irons I'm coming from. A perfect example of this came on the 4th hole. It's a short Par 4 that only requires a wood off the tee. I hit a terrible tee shot left, and had 136 yards left to the hole into the wind. I had a fluffy lie in the rough with the ball above my feet, and had to hit a shot between the multiple trees to get it to the green. I caught the shot off the toe, and thought I was going to end up well short, and left of the hole, which was fine, because I had room that direction. My playing partners then started yelling that I was right by the hole...sure enough, I landed just short of the hole, and released past to about 15 feet for birdie. Definitely a result that I wasn't expecting.

There were a few other shots that ended up better than expected after hitting the ball off the toe. Ball flight was very strong into the wind, and there was no really unexpected shots that came out hotter than I expected it to. Spin is also just right with shots as well. I've played the TP5 as my main ball for a while now, and there was nothing different from it today that surprised me. Turf interaction is also very good. The V Sole works as advertised. The club just cuts through the turf, with very consistent divot depth and length on well struck shots. I found the sole helpful on poor shots as well.

The biggest adjustment right now is going to be getting used to the thicker top line of the clubs. They just look bigger than I'm used to, especially in the short irons, so I was worried about poor contact on certain lies because of that. The funny thing is that the thicker top line didn't bother me at all with the 5 and 6 iron. I hit those pretty well, there were just some iron shots with my shorter irons that I didn't hit as well as I should have based on where I was hitting irons from. Overall, I hit 9/18 greens, and I was 7/12 in hitting greens when using the Hogans into the green, so I'd say that was very positive for a 1st round with the clubs....the downside was that I had 38 putts, which is a different conversation. I haven't played in a month, and the last time I played was Masters' Sunday, where I had 27 putts, so go figure.

I'm playing another round on Sunday morning, so I'm looking forward to how Round 2 with the new clubs goes. I'm hoping for some time at the range Saturday morning, but there is rain in the forecast, so that might not happen. I'll try and remember to get more pictures next time I play. I forgot about doing so yesterday.

WITB

I received my set of PTx Pros as well and wanted to give some initial impressions. Upon first glance the PTx’s are IMO a good looking iron. They are very clean looking with just a bit of text and the Hogan logo in a subdued red, black, and white scheme. My only complaint is the top line is a bit thicker than I prefer. I’m currently gaming an older set of Yamaha Inpres X V Forged and as you can see in the comparison pictures below the top line appears a tad thinner on the Yamaha. In addition to this the head shape differs. The Hogans are slightly less sharply angled than the Yamahas.

I will be performing a comparison between the two iron sets this weekend. The Hogan’s are 4-PW with KBS Tour V 120 X in standard length. I have not played KBS in a few years and never tried the Tour V so it will be interesting to see how they work for me. I requested 1° flat, however it appears they were shipped at standard lie. Unfortunately like TheSphynx mentioned, the lies seems to be all over. Setting up to the ball some irons feel upright while others feel flat. I’ll need to get the lies checked to verify my feelings are correct. My current setup is Standard length, 1° flat, with Nippon Modus 125 X.

gv275qm0i0zq.jpeg

rtwga4u9d9v1.jpeg

21iz2t3dvsnd.jpeg

4 iron

y1vagwnneapw.jpeg

7 iron

9647owufld9e.jpeg

PW

rglva4gh68ks.jpeg

PW

ak9ludfugtnc.jpeg

ug4gf921rs8d.jpeg

7 iron

dm958etmfl0l.jpeg

o41yv7rg1yd5.jpeg

4 iron

cg7xpx19agwz.jpeg

7itohmtj1zdh.jpeg

Cobra LTDx LS Diamana B 70
TEE CB4 Tour 15° Attas T2
SLDR 3H Speeder HB 9.8

Honma TW 737 P 4 iron
Honma TR 20V 5-PW PX LS
Vokey SM7 52° & 58°
Tour Issue Toulon Austin

Quality control seems to be terrible. Also lengths seem to be off to match sw.

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

> @TheSphynx said:

> I couldn’t even get the grips logo down for my set ??‍♂️

I apologize, just went back and looked to see that was my fault. With us going back and forth on your specs I forgot to add "logo down" to your details I sent over to Ben Hogan.

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

I’m glad they have the iron number on the sole instead of the degrees like they did a couple of years ago. That wasn’t a very good idea.

@jah7838

If you decide to keep the BH irons you should look into their VKTR hybrids. I was fortunate to receive a set from BH and WRX a while ago and the only club that made its way into my bag was the 4 hybrid. It is a really nice club.

Ping G400 Max Tour AD DI

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

> @RSinSG said:

> I’m glad they have the iron number on the sole instead of the degrees like they did a couple of years ago. That wasn’t a very good idea.

>

> @jah7838

>

> If you decide to keep the BH irons you should look into their VKTR hybrids. I was fortunate to receive a set from BH and WRX a while ago and the only club that made its way into my bag was the 4 hybrid. It is a really nice club.

I'll keep that in mind. I've seen the VKTR hybrids in the store, and they do look really good. I haven't tested another 4 hybrid in years because of how much I like my Super 9031. I've only tried various "driving irons" for that 4 iron spot, and haven't found anything that comes close to replacing it. I recently purchased a 20* Super 9031 and installed a Steelfiber 110 in it, and I'm really enjoying that so far.

WITB

The numbers on the sole are much better than the lofts.

Funny thing about this giveaway, is a golfing buddy of mine purchased a set of these irons after hitting my 7 iron. He loved the looks and feel of the club.

WITB

> @knudson81 said:

> > @TheSphynx said:

> > I couldn’t even get the grips logo down for my set ??‍♂️

>

> I apologize, just went back and looked to see that was my fault. With us going back and forth on your specs I forgot to add "logo down" to your details I sent over to Ben Hogan.

I think I got your logo down grips. I forgot to specify logo down, but that's how they came.

SLDR 3H Speeder HB 9.8

Honma TW 737 P 4 iron
Honma TR 20V 5-PW PX LS
Vokey SM7 52° & 58°
Tour Issue Toulon Austin

> @NTKT10 said:

> > @knudson81 said:

> > > @TheSphynx said:

> > > I couldn’t even get the grips logo down for my set ??‍♂️

> >

> > I apologize, just went back and looked to see that was my fault. With us going back and forth on your specs I forgot to add "logo down" to your details I sent over to Ben Hogan.

>

> I think I got your logo down grips. I forgot to specify logo down, but that's how they came.

Nyyyyyce

That really sucks that some of the iron sets were off on loft/lie. Just checked mine at my local shop and all were spot on 1* flat. Excited to take them out tomorrow. Going to get to the range a bit early so I can get a good feeling on them. If they play as good as I hope they do they may very well knock my AP2s out of the bag.

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

I’m looking forward to the on course reviews. Nice looking irons and happy hitting the the Gollfwrx’ers partaking in the event.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I took my set to the little almost par 3 course yesterday (3 holes are par 4s). I must say, I love the long irons in this set. I hit the 4 iron off the par 4 tees and man...I really like the flight I get off the tee with them. On that day, my gps marked them a little longer on average that what’d I’d expect to hit vapor pro long irons, around 5-6 yards. Could have been the course or weather so take that with a grain of salt

As far as the short irons, now that I’ve hit the ball I play, I was curious if the flight would change when compared to the range balls I hit earlier in the week. The ball reacted how I would have expected my current irons to react both in trajectory and once they hit . Since I had them bent to match lofts and lies, I don’t see any difference in distance. Spin seems the same, balls aren’t sucking back farther, nor are they releasing further than I’d expect.

My only gripes are 1. The 7-P are a little thick on the top line for my preference, and 2. I missed center on a couple from what I assume is from the lengths all over the map. It could have just been the dip$**t swinging the club, but my Nike 7 iron is a full inch longer than the hogan. I really wish they wouldn’t have blown me off for the lengths I requested

I still really like the feel and see this set of irons as something that would fit and perform well for a large chunk of the golfing population

Thanks for all the reviews and pics!! Hogan if you are listening you need an iron in between the Ft Worth and PTX pro. Ft Worth are really small and PTX/PTX Pro just to thick and too much offset. It really should have just gone Ft Worth, PTX Pro and PTX. Please don't call an iron a "Pro" if you are going to have thick toplines and a ton of offset. Almost had my business and got so excited when I heard PTX Pro was coming out but actually cancelled my order when I read larger and more offset than original PTX and these reviews and pics confirm that.

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

Alright here’s my initial review after getting a chance to play a full round with these clubs. They really are a great set of clubs. My initial thought was these seemed to be similar to the AP2 line but after seeing one of my playing partners irons (JPX 900 Hot Metals) I would say they are definitely more akin to those.

Is the top line a bit thicker than I’d prefer? Yes. But it isn’t ghastly or off putting. Even a couple friends of mine (one a +1 and the other a 3) said they looked really good, and one of them plays the new TW Blades! I’m not sure what people are complaining about in terms of offset as they don’t seem much more off than my AP2s and only fractionally more than the FT Worth Blacks, if their website is accurate.

So about my atrocious round. I honestly feel terrible about the way I played as I don’t know if I gave them my best unfortunately. A pathetic 85 from my home course Randolph North. It plays 6900 yards, par 72 rating 72 slope 127. But I’m happy to say it wasn’t from the irons but more from my driving and putting.

These irons definitely promote a tad higher ball flight but that’s a positive thing for me. Our greens were playing firm but I was able to hold them with some moderate, yet predictable roll out. Well struck shots feel crisp and take a very nice divot with those V Soles. Off hit shots are punished but still very playable. I was able to work the ball left and right with ease, and knock down shots were also rewarded with a lower ball flight.

Overall I am extremely pleased with these irons, just not my game at the moment. I’m planning on setting up the Flightscope soon and getting some raw numbers vs my AP2s. I will report back on those when it happens.

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

I was only able to get them out to the range one day this past weekend because of all the rain in the DFW area this weekend, but it was a good rain session. I had plans to play yesterday morning, but the course I was planning on playing was flooded, so it ended up being a Sunday Funday with my wife instead.

I'm getting used to looking down on them after years of using the Fly Z+ irons. No adjustment has been needed for the offset to my eye. It's just getting used to the thicker topline, but it's still not bad at all. Distance gapping between irons is very good, even when hitting range balls downwind. The range right now is in rough shape because of rain, so it was more like hitting out of rough or a crappy lie just off the fairway, but the turf interaction was very good.

Funny thing that happened during the range session was a guy stopping what he was doing and asking me what irons I was hitting because they sounded really good. Other people have mentioned the same thing as well.

I was able to hit my 7 iron again on a CG2 at the local Golf Galaxy with the new TP5, and the launch and spin were right where I expected them to be. I had no issues with hitting the ball higher or lower either.

(This part is definitely for another thread, but there were a few shots that I absolutely pured, and that TP5 ball took off. Last year's TP5 is what I'm used to, and the new one is 5-10 yards longer on a few shots. I'll have to revisit that on the course sometime with the 1 dozen that I have at home, but it just threw me off when I looked at my carry distance.)

I'm hoping to get a round in this next weekend at some point, since it's a 3 day weekend. I'll post more feedback if I'm able to.

WITB

I was able to get the PTx Pros out for a round and also compare them side by side with my current gamers.

Looks-wise I prefer the thinner looking rounded topline of the Yamahas. For a more compact iron toe to heel, the PTx’s thick, square top line just looks out of place. There’s a touch more offset than I would like, but the PTx Pros do set up to the ball nicely.

Feel-wise the Hogan’s do feel good. The Yamaha feel better but it’s tough to match the feel of the one piece Japanese forging paired with Modus 125s. I suspect the KBS Tour V is not the smoothest iron shaft around and that the PTx Pros would feel better with a set of Modus shafts.

For their size the Hogan’s were more forgiving IMO than one would expect them to be. I hit a few shots farther out on the toe and it seemed little distance and accuracy was lost.

In terms of distance the PTx Pros are just as long as most of the newer irons I have tried and 5-10 yds longer than my Yamahas, so that took a little bit to adjust to throughout the round. Once distance was dialed in the PTx Pros gave a very consistent and predictable ball flight and I had no worries about missing my target.

SLDR 3H Speeder HB 9.8

Honma TW 737 P 4 iron
Honma TR 20V 5-PW PX LS
Vokey SM7 52° & 58°
Tour Issue Toulon Austin

I got another round in yesterday, and enjoyed their forgiveness. It was a really windy day, which made it tough to pick the right club for shots, so I only hit 6 greens as a result. Every other green that I missed with the irons was on the line I expected them to be, and ended up short, or was a miss in a good spot around the green. Shots on the toe flew farther than I expected them to go, which was good because a few of those shots ended up giving me a decent look at a birdie.

I'm finally getting used to the top line after some time on the range, and now it's more of me seeing a shot, and trying to hit it because I know how the sole will interact with the turf. I still don't think that the top line is outrageous. It's just thicker than what I was used to. It gives a little more confidence when looking down at the club. The course was firmer than the course when I got out a couple of weeks ago, but there were no issues with hitting the shots thin because of that. The divot was a nice and even one that was on the shallower side.

WITB

I played a full 18 yesterday with the Hogans. 6400 yard course, so not the longest place.

, so it allowed me to hit a lot of irons off the tee. My thoughts after the range and two trips to the course pretty much mirror what I’ve said in earlier posts and what others have said. I still agree that the long irons shine in this set , and that the offset and top line are a little more than what I’m used to looking at but not horrible.

To summarize

Pros: feel-forgiveness-trajectory

Cons: offset and topline (since they carry a “pro” name) and specs not being accurate.