2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 Fairways and Hybrids! See What Members Are Saying!

knudson81

s463x11884dh.png

We have members testing out the new Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 fairways and hybrids! Read below what they are saying about these clubs and please feel free to ask any questions you might have. The testers are....

Fairways:

@BeeMan

@gregh729

Hybrids:

[st Jimmy](https://forums.golfwrx.com/profile/St%20Jimmy "St Jimmy")

@b81smith

We also want to give a big THANK YOU to Tour Edge Exptics for putting on this testing thread!

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

Came home last night to a box on the front porch! CBX119 18* 5 wood, Project X Evenflow Blue 75, stiff.

Finally, a Friday with no rain. Out of the box and into the bag. I am playing 3 times over the next week, so I will give a running commentary on the CBX. Looks great! It has a little deeper face than my Callaway Epic (Aldila Max75 shaft). I spin my fairways alot, so I am hoping the deeper face will help with that. I went with the EvenFlow Blue because it is a little easier for me to load now that I am almost 59. I hit my Epic 5 wood 215-225, for comparision purposes. All three courses I am playing this week are ones I play regularly. I should be able to get an accurate gauge on distance, control, flight, etc.

Now the pics!!

49dct6drxbc5.jpg

5ekuqwqzpgeb.jpg

sz78dprw4x9v.jpg

vulol9zt08ay.jpg

• Like 2

**The lead up:** B)

So I wake up Monday morning 5/6 with PTO to play some golf (that’s what a married guy does when honey do lists takes up the entire weekends and you need a darn break) and I check email before checking the weather. I see I was chosen to review the Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 hybrid. So since I’ve actually never hit one it was time to go do that! So I played golf and replied to the message with something like “This is awesome! Thank you so much! I cannot wait! I need to go hit a few to ensure my loft/shaft choices are spot on. Really wish I could just stop by Tour Edge since they’re about 5 miles from my house and get fit by them and take the club home today and save you all the shipping costs! I’ll head over to the PGA superstore today and get this info to you by tonight! Thanks again ” And then I played the back nine, had lunch, chipped and putted around a bit, it started to rain and I ran to the car for cover. I checked back in case on the small chance I’d see ‘ Yea head on over, we’d love to fit you and get you all setup’ but nada. So I drive to the Downers Grove IL PGA Tour Superstore, went straight over to a hitting bay as it was 3pm and they weren’t busy yet. I explained to Chris I had been chosen to review the Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 hybrids and I needed to know which shaft would work best for me. Luckily they had each of the shafts in Stiff (6.0) but unfortunately not all the same lofts. But I’m a feel player and after many fittings, etc I pretty much know what feels right. So I start with the EvenFlow blue – to weak. EvenFlow black – felt really good. Hazardous black – felt too stiff. I’m usually an x-flex guy but we all know there are no standards for flex. The EvenFlow black 6.0 felt so good I wasn’t going to mess with it by requesting an x-flex. I want to give a huge shout out to the PGA Tour Superstore in Downers Grove Illinois for helping me out – they could’ve just said take a hike, but instead labelled and color coded the shots so we could see the best possible out choice for me with the available options we had to play with.

B) **So I placed my order: 18 degree – EvenFlow Black 85 – 6.0 aka stiff flex.** B)

**A little about me and my game:**

I’m 37 years old and I’ve played golf seriously since age 14, prior to that I played but it was more about driving the cart instead of hitting the ball LOL. I’ve been as low as a +0.4 handicap but since getting married and having kids I hover around a 2-3 index. I shoot between 68 and 78 but if I shoot over 79 it feels like I should be giving up the game and the world will end at any moment. I know for those of you that have never broken 80 you’re rolling the eyes but it’s the truth. If a pro shoots 72-72 they’re probably missing the cut and going home. I play a pretty well rounded game. My iron game is my strength for sure. I’m only 5’7 @ 130lbs. soaking wet but swing the driver around 113mph. I’ve played a natural draw my entire life but I have a two way miss like most everyone besides the chronic slicer. I love practicing the wedges though. I know that its drive for show and short game for dough. If you miss a green getting up and down is the difference between 80 and 72 – I promise. Miss 7 greens and don’t get up and down but it still counts as 7 additional shots right!

I’ve played several tournaments and can say I’ve won a few and taken second a hand full of times. Some of them were gambling events (shootouts, Calcutta’s, etc.) so I’ve got about 10K in lifetime winnings. I went through the USGTF back in 2006 and took home 2nd place medalist honors in the playing ability test. So it’s divisive to say I’m a fairly accomplished golfer. I'm a +3 iron player, a scratch wedge player, a 10 handicap driver of the ball and about a 15 handicap putter! LOL :D

**How I use hybrid clubs:**

I use my hybrid as a long iron replacement club, tight driving hole club, or setup the correct distance into the green on a shorter hole. I like to work the ball in both directions and control trajectories. Being a replacement for a 3 iron –it needs to go a certain distance. 230 yards is the goal. A 7 wood seems to go just as far but balloons much worse vs a hybrid and so I drift towards a hybrid when looking for anything loftier than a 3 wood at 15 degrees. I have no issues hitting the ball as high as I want. >:)

**Looks:**

Very clean. Square at address – which is nice because other brands seem shut or open, etc. Doesn’t have too much junk in the trunk if you know what I mean. Some hybrids are almost designed for someone who cannot get the ball in the air – well that’s not the case here. The rear of the club is perfect size with a smaller profile than other hybrids out there. This sets up much more like a players hybrid vs a super game improvement type. I like the no frills no flash look so you can concentrate on executing the shot at hand. I've hit maybe 150 - 200 shots into my net. Dang this is an absolutely drop dead sexy looking club. Sets up square, looks clean and mean if you know what I mean. HOLY COW! One of the best looking hybrids I've seen or had the pleasure to hit.

**Performance:**

Forgiving! You can hit this baby on the heal, toe, thin – you’ll feel it and know it but it doesn’t lose much distance overall. Which is exactly why we bag a hybrid - much more forgiving than a long iron. Ball just jumps off the face. I cannot wait to hit it on the course - tomorrow! and again on Monday when I take a day to play ;)

**Feel:**

Feel is subjective but this feels solid. Sounds solid not clangy or tin can like. Ball seems to jump off the face nicely.

****On Course coming soon!!!!! Head to Head against a Ping G hybrid.****

B) B) B)

wzzwp1j2vs89.jpg

dm1w03xuuw5b.jpg

ictrwt8uqazz.jpg

6pz4buvylvng.jpg

xgloedkxf5pp.jpg

rd9dnt3f1yok.jpg

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter:
Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver:
Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid:
Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid:
Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW:
Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW:
Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW:
Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips: 
Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

I'd like to thank Tour Edge Exotics and Golfwrx for the opportunity to review this club!

This is my first review on anything and I'm not a word smith, but I'm going to give it my best!

Some info:

I'm about to turn 46 years old, a little over weight, and have a driver swing speed that sits around 105 when I'm feeling loose. It's been known to drop to 100-101 when I'm tight or tired. My natural shot is a 5-10 yard fade, but can draw almost every club in my bag if need be.

I prefer to play as soft a flex as I can get away with and have a pretty smooth tempo. For reference, I have two sets of the same irons with different shafts: PX 5.5 and 5.0. The 5.5's are my main set, but will play the 5.0's on cold/tight/sore days.

I play the same course 90% of the time and have set my bag up specifically for it. There's a 25 yard gap from 210-240 and I have been experimenting with a Hot Metal 4 iron bent strong with inconsistent results. I previously tried a Ping G 19 hybrid and had trouble with the hooks. I also gamed a high lofted 5 wood to cover this gap, but it wasn't versatile enough. I need this club to do more. I typically use my driver on seven holes, my stretch 3 on four holes, DI on two holes, and then the five par 3's.

Due to needing this club twice a round off the tee, and could be needed another two-three times if I choose to go for the par 5's, the other hybrid wasn't played due to a lack of confidence. This was my reasoning behind choosing the club I did for testing.

The 18 degree Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 Hybrid (EvenFlow Black 85 in 5.5 flex) arrived on Wednesday. Ripped open the box and took some pictures! The CBX 119 looks good... really good. I love how sleek and clean the crown is. The current "busy" trend in clubs today makes me appreciate how good this club looks. The simple gloss black finish on the CBX 119 is very appealing to my eye.

My initial impression was how compact the head of the CBX 119 looked. It makes the other hybrid look like a small fairway wood by comparison. Taking a few (VERY) rough measurements it appears to be at least 1/4" shorter, almost 1/2" narrower, but almost 1/4" taller. Definitely looks like a players club.

My second impression was how open the club looked at address. Looking down was a bit surprising at how open the club fell when resting on the ground.

The bottom of the club is interesting. It has a couple silver "channels." Might that help keep the club square through turf interaction? There's a black square between them that sits slightly higher than the rest of the club which might be what's promoting the open look from address.

Headed to the range after work on Thursday. I took a few swings holding the club face squared and it produced a straight ball flight. I then let the club fall into it's naturally open position and it produced a nice baby fade. After about ten swings the skies opened up and ended my range time. Right then I was very excited to try this on my home course because nothing went left!

Friday evening called for rain again around 6pm so I headed straight for the course after work without a warm up. I used the Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 on every hole that I typically would use the stretch 3 and the driving iron with promising results. The course was very wet so there wasn't much roll out, but I had about a 215-220 yard carry on most shots. This wasn't an exact measurement, just going by the GPS watch distances before and after the shots. I really want to see how far it'll roll out on drier days!

The sound was awesome. Powerful and solid, but not "tin can" loud. I had a 915FW back in the day, and the sweet noise coming off of the CBX 119 invoked memories of that club.

There's some serious feedback from the face too. You can feel when you miss off of the toe which is always a positive, imo.

Forecast is looking poor for Sunday, but I'm planing on taking it indoors to test on a ForeSight launch monitor. I'm going to borrow a few clubs and see how they compare.

sv0o6nhlsz19.jpeg

5dm2uzv8the4.jpeg

lazleadmtpz5.jpeg

bo7ag3tnmvg4.jpeg

rjrwfocoa2q7.jpeg

5car7dx9cf4g.jpeg

rl6v6il7m5ld.jpeg

Me holding club square:

lhiinxnmsq13.jpeg

How the club naturally falls at address:

sqf5zxfyhe07.jpeg

On a matt to see if it still fell open:

b2wxk0zna2np.jpeg

• Like 1

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Red 6s

G430 LST 3 wood Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood Ventus TR Red 8s 

Callaway Apex Pro 3 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0311 XP 5 PX LZ 6.5

0311 P 6 P LZ 6.5

0317 T  7-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  52, 56

PM Grind 60

Lab Link 1 

Very nice review

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter:
Driver:
3 Hybrid:
3 Hybrid:
4 – GW:
SW:
LW:
All Grips: 
Customizing:
PING White DLX Cart Bag

I like how the club sits open naturally. I tend to hook the ball as a general miss so I like that it doesn’t sit closed.

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter:
Driver:
3 Hybrid:
3 Hybrid:
4 – GW:
SW:
LW:
All Grips: 
Customizing:
PING White DLX Cart Bag

> @b81smith said:

> I like how the club sits open naturally. I tend to hook the ball as a general miss so I like that it doesn’t sit closed.

Agreed! It's the main reason I don't play a hybrid. The way it sits open really made me feel confident I wouldn't hook it OB.

I can line up left edge and put it in the middle!

I'm really looking forward to putting it back in play... if the rain ever stops.

• Like 1

0311 XP 5 PX LZ 6.5

0311 P 6 P LZ 6.5

0317 T  7-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  52, 56

PM Grind 60

Lab Link 1 

CBX119 18* 5-wood

I played Friday with a buddy and we played a course we've played several hundred times over the years.

For reference: I am an 8 hcp, 100ish mph driver speed. As I said before, I tend to spin fairway woods, so this club is intriging with its claim to be low spin. I had my friend hit it also because he is looking (always looking) for a reliable 5 wood.

I dropped a ball at 225 from the green on every par 4 and 5 if it wasn't the club I was using to test. I hit it 4 times during the regular course of play. The ballflight with the Evenflow blue was nice, a mid flight. The ball felt like it jumped off the club. My normal 5 wood flies around 220 and does not roll much. On two par 5s I had 225 to the middle of the green. One of the holes I hit the green, middle. The other landed green high, but to the right. Other testing holes results were similar. Good hits gave me about 225 yards with a midflight. Very reliable. Mishits were not penalized too harshly. I had several toe hits that still flew 200+ and stayed close to on line.

I love the deeper face and the clean top. Classic look and very easy to align.

My buddy (3hcp) loved it. He was very consistent with it. Maybe a little longer, but he did not mishit it all day. It was impressive to watch.

More testing during my round tomorrow with a different group of friends

Greg

I am 39 years old. When I have free time to play, I mostly play tournament golf with the occasional leisure rounds as time allows. My handicap fluctuates between a +1 and 3 because of lack of play (family/work responsibilities). My driver club head speeds are usually pretty consistent between 110-115.

Club Being Reviewed:

Tour Edge Exotics

CBX 119 13.5*

HZRDUS Smoke 6.5(X) flex 70 gram shaft

I was selected to review Tour Edge's new line of 3 wood. After tackling a long weekend of responsibilities and, finally, receiving a break in some nasty weather I was able to drive to our local course and walk 9. I hit multiple balls off the tee to compare the Tour Edge with my current gamer, a Callaway Epic SZ 13.5 with an Oban Devotion TX.

Appearance: I was pleasantly surprised by the small and sleek head. At address, this club is very nice. It sets up amazing; a little open, if anything. The head appears about 10% smaller than the Epic, which I prefer. The face, on the other hand, is a little taller and as a lower handicap player that is what I’m looking for. My misses, in general, are high and low on the face opposed to heel and toe.

6wp20re1hamk.jpeg

eqqhgb6aa2qn.jpeg

hxbwnaf6f6xj.jpeg

pdt5c2c1ayjl.jpeg

ew3mhcwp215b.jpeg

What I’m looking for in a 3 wood:

As I’ve stated, my golf mostly consists of tournament play these days which means I use a 3 wood a lot off of the tee for placement and safety. I want consistency with ball flight and yardages.

Feel and performance:

I’m giving an early review on this as I’ve only hit about 20 balls with the Tour Edge CBX 119 3 wood. I plan on putting it through the ringers this upcoming weekend and will update accordingly.

The ball comes off the face nicely. It doesn’t balloon with this club and has a nice flat trajectory. Note, that could be a little bit of the shaft as well. I hit three balls off the first tee, with all three going down the right center. I made solid contact with the second two; little low in the face with the first. They were all within 10 yards of each other and around the 260-270 range. That's about typical with my three wood average off of the tee; however, I loved the ball flight compared to my other 3 wood I play. Later in the round, I hit a couple of balls with each 3 wood just to compare. These balls were all into about a 10mph wind. The Tour Edge CBX 119 prevailed by 10 yards because of the mid-high ball flight compared to the high ball flight from the Epic. The next hole was the opposite and straight down. I thought because of the flight I would have the exact opposite results. I was wrong! All the balls minus one (we won't talk about that little fellow) was plus or minus four yards in distance to each other with the long ball being with the CBX 119.

Conclusion: I love the ball flight and the sound it doesn't make. So far, it's had a super consistent distance and flight two attributes any serious player is looking for in a club when they play. In short, this club is a winner for me!

I plan on getting to the range to compare and display some ball speed numbers this weekend.

I got out for a bonus day yesterday (after getting my water heater replaced). My swing was a complete mess. I could not hit the center of any club in the bag. That said, I used the CBX119 5 wood at least a half dozen times and got away with murder. I hit it all over the face and still got good results. I lost a little distance on my toe hits and heel hits, but nothing drastic and I didn't hit any way off line. I was impressed with the clubs ability to make my lousy shots better. I am feeling real confident with this club and will keep it in the bag for a while. I am really liking the classic, uncluttered look of the head.

I managed to get out twice more since my last post. The rain held off long enough Sunday, so I didn't take it to the launch monitor. I've been keeping my 3W and DI in the car forcing me to use the CBX 119 hybrid for multiple purposes. It's performing very well. Over thirty "real world/on course" shots and have yet to hook one. That's really saying a lot for me who was previously a 50/50 hooker with the other hybrid. It's obviously not as long as my stretch, but I think it's considerably longer than my DI. Unfortunately, the wind has been blowing in the mid to high teens so I haven't been able to dial in a consistent distance.

I'm seriously considering shelving both clubs in favor of the CBX 119 and adding a wedge to my bag.

As for the club itself, it's very versatile. I've been able to hit it relatively straight and fade it when I wanted to. It cuts through the rough pretty well and I can't say enough about the feel/sound.

Planning on 2-3 more rounds this weekend. Maybe my third round I'll leave the driver at home and play the forward tees. Really give it a workout.

0311 XP 5 PX LZ 6.5

0311 P 6 P LZ 6.5

0317 T  7-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  52, 56

PM Grind 60

Lab Link 1 

I am absolutely loving this club so far. I can't wait to try the 3 wood. I have a feeling it'll be much longer than my ping G.

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter:
Driver:
3 Hybrid:
3 Hybrid:
4 – GW:
SW:
LW:
All Grips: 
Customizing:
PING White DLX Cart Bag

I haven't played since my last post (last week). I am heading out for a golf weekend tomorrow and taking it with me. I have been real impressed with the control. There have been no random fliers or dead shots. Hit it solid and it goes. Mishits are punished, but not severely.

I really wish Tour Edge got more buzz. They make excellent clubs but don't get the same recognition as the big boys. That's a shame bucause they are hot!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! I took this on a golf weekend, last weekend, and it performed great. I actuallly put an old CB5 3 wood in the bag also so I would have semi-matching fairway woods. The thing that is really jumping out at me with the CBX119, is the consistency. Solid hit result in the legendary Tour Edge distance. But, mishits still get me close to where I am with my other fairways. And STRAIGHT! They just want to go where you point them. I still hit some bad shots with it, but that was all on me. I am really liking it. Great club!

• Like 1

Yea the hybrids work great. Really can’t wait to try out the 3 wood around Xmas time. Loving the looks and feel. Solid.

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter:
Driver:
3 Hybrid:
3 Hybrid:
4 – GW:
SW:
LW:
All Grips: 
Customizing:
PING White DLX Cart Bag

• 4 weeks later...

One month later, honeymoon phase still going strong.

I haven't been "force" using the CBX 119 hybrid anymore, just playing it when the distance is needed and it's still performing great.

I'm typically using it 2-4 times a round. Twice off the tee and 1-2 times going for a par 5. My course is still really wet (crazy rain here in northern Illinois), but I'm seeing a consistent 220-230 off the tee and 210-220 off the ground. That's pretty much what my gap was so that's nice.

I STILL haven't hit one left, sliced a few though! :blush:

My only issue is shaft length. I typically cut an inch off of my woods and have found a few fat strikes off the turf. Completely user error though.

This is my first time reviewing a club. Are they ours to keep?

If so, I'd like to cut the shaft down and re-grip with a CP2 wrap.

I think the CBX 119 Hybrid has completed my bag!

0311 XP 5 PX LZ 6.5

0311 P 6 P LZ 6.5

0317 T  7-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  52, 56

PM Grind 60

Lab Link 1 

I have the 5 wood with EF white. Shocked at the distance I’m getting, it’s as long as any 3 wood I’ve ever had. It’s anti left (which is good for me) and is easy to hit off the deck.

ONOFF Labospec 358 — Tour AD TP6
Titleist TS2 16.5* — Kuro Kage XM 80
Justick Proceed 21* UT — Nippon GOST 
Mizuno MP-20 HMB/MB— MITSUBISHI MMT 105/125
Mizuno T20 50* and 55* — MITSUBISHI MMT 125
Seven ST 61* Black Boron — MCI Black 125 “mild”
Epon Ltd Edition I-33 — Matrix PZ-125 Shaft 

Its official - these are the best hybrids out right now. I haven't hit them all so to speak but I can't imagine a better looking, feeling, performing club as a hybrid. It goes for days, launches nicely at a great trajectory - not high, not low, just right. It is definitely in the goldilocks area for me. Looks traditional but man there must be a ton of tech hidden within. A miss hit flies true and maybe looses 5 yards, it also self corrects to center for me - the bulge n roll must be perfect because usually a toe shot hooks like crazy but this just slightly draws back to intended target line. THE ONLY poor shot I can hit with this is a push fade. Those get me in trouble from time to time because I draw the ball mostly so aiming right, pushing right, fading right can be an issue but that is totally me not the club, if anything the club does all it can to save a bad shot into a not so bad shot.

Love it! Wish I had the 3 wood too. That is definitely on the shot list of clubs to try at my fitting in December. Thank you so much to GolfWrx for giving me the opportunity to review and keep it. I keep feeling like I need to say more but it'll be drowning on about how much I love this club! hahaha.

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter:
Driver:
3 Hybrid:
3 Hybrid:
4 – GW:
SW:
LW:
All Grips: 
Customizing:
PING White DLX Cart Bag

• 5 weeks later...

I’m still loving mine. Anyone else still gaming theirs?

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter:
Driver:
3 Hybrid:
3 Hybrid:
4 – GW:
SW:
LW:
All Grips: 
Customizing:
PING White DLX Cart Bag

• 6 months later...

I kid you not when I say I've been searching for the perfect looking fairway wood for probably 5 years. I'm overly particular about how a 3 wood sits at address. If there's any sign of the toe pointing in, I get immediately uncomfortable. I picked up a used CBX last year and liked it, but it still just didn't sit quite open enough for me. Fast forward to this year and I bought a 13.5* CBX 119. I've finally found the one. I just can't believe how good these fairways look at address. Not to mention the great feel and sound. I've just recently bought a 15* head as well and paired it with one of my favorite fairway shafts. I've now converted 3 people from my club to these 3 wood.

If Tour Edge would take the CBX 119 and put it in driver form, I would buy one immediately.

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Tensei Pro Orange 60s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Mizuno Pro 225 5-PW | Dynamic Gold 120 S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

• 1 month later...

Anyone know what 119 means? TE went from CBX to CBX 119 so it makes me curious. I was scrolling through TE's site in the hybrids and sitting there in the 3rd row down is the original CBX hybrids on "Stimulus Sale" for $89. Kinda wish they stuck with Kuro Kage's but the Evenflow aren't bad for me. Theyre so smooth I may even be able to load the EF Black. The higher face and more forgiveness from the 119 is fine with me.