Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts or PM's. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Mitsubishi Rayon OT Tour Iron Shaft

edgerat ·  
edgeratedgerat ClubWRX  244WRX Points: 93Posts: 244 ClubWRX

Has anyone ****'d with these? Recoil Smacwrap works pretty well for me, I do have a little more dispersion than I do with Modus105. Ideally looking for similar, or better, performance and control with less weight than Modus 105.

Posted:

Comments

• noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers  3342WRX Points: 643Handicap: 8.3Posts: 3,342 Titanium Tees

If the OT Tour iron shafts play anything like the OT Hybrid shafts, they are solid shafts. Mid-high flight, mid spin, good dispersion and great feel. Buy 1 shaft and have it put in a mid iron.

Posted:

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ephmenephmen Members  350WRX Points: 125Posts: 350 Greens

I play them in my Epon 703s. Better than Recoil for me. Club champion has them as a fitting option.

Posted:
  • ian-500ian-500 Members  1086WRX Points: 292Handicap: 12Posts: 1,086 Platinum Tees

Fantastic shafts. I have them in my Epon AF-Tour MB's and 903 driving irons.......and my 208 wedges when I get round to sending them to my builder!

Posted:
    DR: Callaway Rogue SZ 9° + Diamana W60x.
    FW: in the making.
    HY: Callaway Apex19 4h 23° + Tour AD IZ 95x.
    Irons: Taylormade R9 Forged 5i-PW + Quadra 100i Pro x.
    Wedges: iCleveland RTX3 52/58
    SeeMore SB1, Accra FX300.
  • puresurfrpuresurfr Members  2363WRX Points: 242Posts: 2,363 Platinum Tees

ive played a bunch of graphite shafts and the OTi are in my top 4 graphite shafts, my top 2 are MCi Black 110 ( not the gray one ) and Roddio i9

Posted:
  • bk12bk12 Members  541WRX Points: 108Posts: 541 Golden Tee

I have tried a ton of graphite iron shafts, and my two favorites are the Recoil Prototypes and the OTi Tour shafts. Both seem to feel great and keep up with the swing. I don't see a loss of accuracy between either of these and any of the top steel shafts I have played. It sure helps with my elbow issues though!

Posted:
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX  3114WRX Points: 533Handicap: 7.6Posts: 3,114 ClubWRX

Are the Recoil prototypes a lot stiffer than the standards? They feel that way to me, and I mean that in a good way. I had a 95 standard in a long iron and it felt loose. Same for the 110. However, picked up a Miura wedge with a 110 prototype and it is excellent.

I also like Mitsubishi shafts. The Diamana Blue and Kuro Kages have been good to me in woods. If the OTi is like that, I’d be interested. Could be the year I switch to all-graphite. Nagging injuries past two years plus the graphites are so good now.

Posted:
    Ping G30 SFT driver, 10 degree, Oban Kiyoshi HB 75 stiff
    Cobra F9 Speedback, 14.5 degree, Fujikura Atmos Blue 7S
    Callaway Epic Flash, 17 degree, HzRDUS Smoke 70 stiff
    Callaway Rogue, 21 degree, Diamana BF 80 stiff
    TaylorMade GAPR Hi 24, KBS TGI 80 stiff

Srixon z765 (5-7(, z965 (8-P) Fujikura 95i TS stiff
    Callaway MD4 50 S grind, 54 W grind
    Ben Hogan Ft. Worth TK 58
    Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line putter w/Pure grip
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • bk12bk12 Members  541WRX Points: 108Posts: 541 Golden Tee

I never really hit the non-Proto Recoils.

Regarding OTi Tour, I don't know how it really compares, but I love the KK Silver/XT profile in my woods, and really like the OTi Tour shafts (haven't hit the non-tour version). Never really got along with the Blueboard profile all that much, fwiw.

Posted:
    Post edited by bk12 on
  • ian-500ian-500 Members  1086WRX Points: 292Handicap: 12Posts: 1,086 Platinum Tees

Hahahaha, I was thinking that the OT definitely has to have a Blueboard profile as I get along with the "blue" profile........I'll be putting a tensei pro blue in my driver to match my mini driver/3 wood....

Posted:
    DR: Callaway Rogue SZ 9° + Diamana W60x.
    FW: in the making.
    HY: Callaway Apex19 4h 23° + Tour AD IZ 95x.
    Irons: Taylormade R9 Forged 5i-PW + Quadra 100i Pro x.
    Wedges: iCleveland RTX3 52/58
    SeeMore SB1, Accra FX300.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.