Struggling on the greens

KuchhhhhhKuchhhhhh Members Posts: 2,235 ✭✭

I have a big tendency to not have enough forward press at address with the putter and in some cases and it will almost be leaning backwards and I typically struggle with speed. I just had a putting lesson on SAM lab and my stroke is pretty good, I scored very well on the consistency scale - not surprised as I practice a lot but I'm wondering what you all's thoughts are on either 1) adding forward press at address or 2) adding forward press as a trigger. I'll admit my tempo/trigger is improved when I add it is a trigger but I'm worried about the consistency of how much forward press I add and how that affects my putter face. I'm trying to get the butt end of the putter pointed to around my first pant loop on the left side of my body.

Taylormade M4 10.5 Atmos X stiff
Taylormade M4 16.5 Proforce V2
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 & 4 iron, 716 AP2 5-PW X100
Titleist SM6 50, 54, 60 S300
Taylormade Spider Red

Comments

• SNIPERBBBSNIPERBBB Hit Ball Hard SE OhioMembers Posts: 2,416 ✭✭

Doesn't work for my stroke but if it works for yours...

2016 M1 9.5 tuned to 7.5
    TM r15 3 wood
    Adams Idea Pro 2h/4h
    Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW
    Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
    Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
    Vokey SM7 58* M Grind
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,734 ✭✭

Read Utley's offerings.

• Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,913 ClubWRX

No idea, and I know you did the SAM thing, but if you are setting up "right" and something else isn't the issue (setup), would there be any sense in which you are trying to add loft because when you forward press something about that has you feeling you are taking too much off given the actual loft on your putter or its design?

Probably a dumb question, but it occurred to me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file