***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***

Update 8/14 - ***Migration work continues. Estimate Go Live to new board 8/17***

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cord Midsize

 HappyGilmore22 ·  
HappyGilmore22HappyGilmore22 Members  749WRX Points: 233Handicap: 3Posts: 749 Golden Tee
Joined:  in WRX Club Techs #1

Any chance they are going to sell midsize in these again? It's only about the most popular grip on tour these days with so many guys changing to them, you think golf pride would sell them. Haven't tried the midsize z-cords mostly because it's distracting to look at and I don't like that. Currently still playing MCC's because I haven't liked any of the new ones to come out and tour velvets just don't last in the heat. Have tried regular size with enough tape to make them midsize but it stretches them out too much and I don't like the feel.

Posted:
Titleist TS3 8.5 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70 TX
Titleist TS3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5
Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90 X
Titleist T200 4-5, T100 6-PW - Project X 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.12 D - TT DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2
«13
3

Comments

  • b2bbirdiesb2bbirdies Members  240WRX Points: 60Posts: 240 Fairways
    Joined:  #2

    Yeah very strange move on the part of GP

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • SocratesSocrates Warning Points 2+ WinnipegClubWRX  10350WRX Points: 1,277Handicap: 4ishPosts: 10,350 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #3

    Where did you get it that they discontinued this grip?

    Posted:
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    TM R7 TP 3i Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
    MCC Align Midsize

  • HappyGilmore22HappyGilmore22 Members  749WRX Points: 233Handicap: 3Posts: 749 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #4

    On -, @Socrates said:

    Where did you get it that they discontinued this grip?

    I don't know if they discontinued it entirely but I know it's not on their website and I have not been able to find them online. At least not knockoffs. I know guys on tour still get them though.

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70 TX
    Titleist TS3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5
    Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90 X
    Titleist T200 4-5, T100 6-PW - Project X 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.12 D - TT DG TI S400
    Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2
  • SocratesSocrates Warning Points 2+ WinnipegClubWRX  10350WRX Points: 1,277Handicap: 4ishPosts: 10,350 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #5

    You mean the ones on the website under Tour Velvet? https://www.golfpride.com/grips/tour-velvet/

    The most popular grip in golf today combines an exclusive, state-of-the-art rubber-blend compound, non-slip surface pattern for maximum playability, comfort, and confidence. The Tour Velvet® is the standard upon which many club manufacturers base their grip designs.

    Size Colors Weight* Core Size
    Standard 45g 62 Round
    Standard 49.5g 60 Round
    Standard 51.5g 58 Round
    Standard 49.5g 60 Ribbed
    Standard 51.5g 58 Ribbed
    Midsize 53.5g 60 Round
    Jumbo 61g 60 Round
    Undersize 47.5g 58 Ribbed
    Undersize 50g 56 Ribbed

    Posted:
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    TM R7 TP 3i Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
    MCC Align Midsize

  • HappyGilmore22HappyGilmore22 Members  749WRX Points: 233Handicap: 3Posts: 749 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #6

    On -, @Socrates said:

    You mean the ones on the website under Tour Velvet? https://www.golfpride.com/grips/tour-velvet/

    The most popular grip in golf today combines an exclusive, state-of-the-art rubber-blend compound, non-slip surface pattern for maximum playability, comfort, and confidence. The Tour Velvet® is the standard upon which many club manufacturers base their grip designs.

    Size Colors Weight* Core Size
    Standard 45g 62 Round
    Standard 49.5g 60 Round
    Standard 51.5g 58 Round
    Standard 49.5g 60 Ribbed
    Standard 51.5g 58 Ribbed
    Midsize 53.5g 60 Round
    Jumbo 61g 60 Round
    Undersize 47.5g 58 Ribbed
    Undersize 50g 56 Ribbed

    Wrong grip that you are thinking of. My thread was about the tour velvet cord. They make and sell them in regular size but not midsize. And adding tape to a regular does not work for this grip it feels terrible.
    https://www.golfpride.com/grips/tour-velvet-bct-cord/

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70 TX
    Titleist TS3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5
    Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90 X
    Titleist T200 4-5, T100 6-PW - Project X 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.12 D - TT DG TI S400
    Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2
  • mcputtermcputter Members  1061WRX Points: 239Handicap: 0.9Posts: 1,061 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #7

    Anybody tried the Lamkin Players Cord? They do have a Standard Plus size with less taper- not quite Mid-Size but closer. Cord is also less aggressive- almost like a Golf Pride BCT.

    Posted:
    Adams 9015D 10.5 Matrix Ozik
    TM M2 Deep Face 3HL Fuji Atmos 6
    Callaway Apex 20 Steelfiber hls780
    Adams Pro Mini 23 Steelfiber i95
    Adams A12 Pro Black 5-9PW Steelfiber i95
    Adams CB2 GW Steelfiber i95
    Vokey SM6 Black 54 S-Grind Steelfiber i110 CW
    Vokey Oil Can 58 V-Grind Kuro Kage TiNi 105
    Scotty Cameron Pro Plat Newport Mil Spec

    It's not how fast you play, it's how well you play fast!
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • SocratesSocrates Warning Points 2+ WinnipegClubWRX  10350WRX Points: 1,277Handicap: 4ishPosts: 10,350 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #8

    On -, @HappyGilmore22 said:

    Wrong grip that you are thinking of. My thread was about the tour velvet cord. They make and sell them in regular size but not midsize. And adding tape to a regular does not work for this grip it feels terrible.
    https://www.golfpride.com/grips/tour-velvet-bct-cord/

    Funny how you look at something and still miss a word. Yeah, unless you know someone from the Tour Van, you won't find the Midsize Cord any more. Z-Cord. The Lamkin Midsize cord fits small. You might have to go to the Oversize if you choose that grip. I switched to the Midsize MCC Align when they came out. Great grip.

    Posted:
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    TM R7 TP 3i Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
    MCC Align Midsize

  • phatchrisrulesphatchrisrules Southern Ontario, CanadaUnregistered  2130WRX Points: 395Handicap: 6.5Posts: 2,130 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #9

    On -, @HappyGilmore22 said:

    Any chance they are going to sell midsize in these again? It's only about the most popular grip on tour these days with so many guys changing to them, you think golf pride would sell them. Haven't tried the midsize z-cords mostly because it's distracting to look at and I don't like that. Currently still playing MCC's because I haven't liked any of the new ones to come out and tour velvets just don't last in the heat. Have tried regular size with enough tape to make them midsize but it stretches them out too much and I don't like the feel.

    I think in a pinch you're probably best off going to the Lamkin Crossline Cord in Black (if you can still find it). It was the closest I have ever found as the Z-Cord is extremely rough and hard IMO compared to the TV cord. If you don't mind a reminder, Ping sells a Midsize TV cord in their stock grip under the Yellow code (Midsize). You can pick these up pretty cheaply direct from Ping through an authorized reseller like a proshop or golf store that has a Ping account.

    Posted:

    Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757
    Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85
    Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL
    Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold
    Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold
    Scotty Cameron Teryllium

  • neillmacparguyneillmacparguy Members  76WRX Points: 75Posts: 76 Fairways
    Joined:  #10

    What happened to GP full cord? Am I just not shopping the right places? Thanks in advance.

    Posted:

    Neill A. MacLeod III
    Greenwood, NS
    Callaway Epic 9 deg
    Callaway Epic Flash 15 deg
    Adams Black Super Hybrid 15deg
    Miura CB-501 irons
    Scotty Cameron Fastback 34”

  • ForTourUseOnlyForTourUseOnly Circle T Members  1214WRX Points: 211Posts: 1,214 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #11

    Just a heads up midsize tour velvet cord is available from Ping. Haven’t tried but usually you can just order grips from ping. They have the butt end painted yellow (gold colour code for midsize)

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Orange 75 TX
    Titleist TS3 15° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 90 TX
    Titleist U·500 3i w/ Mitsubishi MMT Utility Iron 105 TX
    Titleist CNCPT-02 4i-9i w/ TT Dynamic Gold TI X100
    Vokey BV HandGround SM8 46.10F, 50.12F, 54.10S, 60.08M
    Scotty Cameron Roundback Select Tour 1.5 Weld Neck
    WITB Link
  • ATAlxndrATAlxndr RHL Members  1039WRX Points: 94Handicap: 1.8Posts: 1,039 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Aug 12, 2019 #12

    On -, @ForTourUseOnly said:

    Just a heads up midsize tour velvet cord is available from Ping. Haven’t tried but usually you can just order grips from ping. They have the butt end painted yellow (gold colour code for midsize)

    99.9% sure that the TV Cords offered by Ping are ribbed.

    Posted:
    Titleist TS2 10.5* - Diamana D+ Ltd 60TX
    Titleist TS2 18* - Diamana D+ Ltd 80TX 
    Titleist 818 H2 21* - Diamana D+ 100TX
    Titleist T100 4-P - TI DG S400
    Titleist SM7 50/54/58 - TI DG S400
    Scotty Cameron 2020 Newport 2 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • charlokimcharlokim CK ClubWRX  456WRX Points: 136Posts: 456 Greens
    Joined:  #13

    On -, @neillmacparguy said:

    What happened to GP full cord? Am I just not shopping the right places? Thanks in advance.

    Yeah the GP BCT full cord are definitely still around. I had a full bag of them not too long ago (until I went to midsize). https://www.grips4less.com/products/golf-pride-mens-tour-velvet-bct-cord. Looks like they even have the 58 core.
    My local shop says they probably won't come out with the midsize BCT cords. But who knows? tons of guys are switching back/still playing them.

    Posted:


    WITB 2020

    Callaway Mavrik SZ 8*, Ventus Blue 7X
    Cobra F9 13.5, Ventus Blue 8S

    Titleist T100, 4-P, Tour White AMT S300
    Callaway MD5 Raw 50S, 54X, 58T, S400
    TM Spider X chalk
  • 2012BFT2012BFT Members  627WRX Points: 122Posts: 627 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #14

    I would 100% use these if they came in midsize. I can never get the feel right building up standard grips to midsize with tape... I think it has to do with the side of the butt end cap in top hand.

    Posted:
    Taylormade M5 w/ Tenesi Orange 60x 
    Taylormade M5 3w/5w w/ Tenesi Orange 70x   
    Callaway Apex Pro Combo PX 6.0
    Vokey SM7 50, 54, 60
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
    Titleist Pro-V1x
  • HappyGilmore22HappyGilmore22 Members  749WRX Points: 233Handicap: 3Posts: 749 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #15

    On -, @2012BFT said:

    I would 100% use these if they came in midsize. I can never get the feel right building up standard grips to midsize with tape... I think it has to do with the side of the butt end cap in top hand.

    Grips aren't designed for added layers of tape under them, it totally changes them. I've tried the reg size full cords adding tape but it just firms it up too much. Makes it closer to the z-grip and I'm not a fan of them outside of maybe 2 months of the year when it's really hot out.

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70 TX
    Titleist TS3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5
    Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90 X
    Titleist T200 4-5, T100 6-PW - Project X 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.12 D - TT DG TI S400
    Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2
  • pcs11pcs11 Members  1276WRX Points: 210Posts: 1,276 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16

    They don't have any plans to sell them in midsize. I made a comment to them on social media earlier this year and they politely responded saying the demand isn't enough to justify it.

    Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 10.5° - Diamana R 60
    Titleist 915 F 15° - Diamana 'ilima 80 
    Titleist 917 F2 18° - Diamana 'ilima 80 
    Titleist 818 H1 21° - UST VTS 100
    Mizuno Mp FliHi (4) - UST Recoil Utility 110
    Ping iBlades (5-9) - Shimada Tour 115  
    Ping Glide 3.0 46° - Shimada Tour 115
    Vokey SM6 F 52° SM7 D 58° - KBS Tour 115
    Bettinardi QB6, BBF1, or Kuch2
  • ForTourUseOnlyForTourUseOnly Circle T Members  1214WRX Points: 211Posts: 1,214 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #17

    On -, @ATAlxndr said:

    On -, @ForTourUseOnly said:

    Just a heads up midsize tour velvet cord is available from Ping. Haven’t tried but usually you can just order grips from ping. They have the butt end painted yellow (gold colour code for midsize)

    99.9% sure that the TV Cords offered by Ping are ribbed.

    Ah yes you are likely correct, forgot about that.

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Orange 75 TX
    Titleist TS3 15° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 90 TX
    Titleist U·500 3i w/ Mitsubishi MMT Utility Iron 105 TX
    Titleist CNCPT-02 4i-9i w/ TT Dynamic Gold TI X100
    Vokey BV HandGround SM8 46.10F, 50.12F, 54.10S, 60.08M
    Scotty Cameron Roundback Select Tour 1.5 Weld Neck
    WITB Link
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • xzxkixlxzxkixl Members  162WRX Points: 62Posts: 162 Fairways
    Joined:  #18

    On -, @ATAlxndr said:

    On -, @ForTourUseOnly said:

    Just a heads up midsize tour velvet cord is available from Ping. Haven’t tried but usually you can just order grips from ping. They have the butt end painted yellow (gold colour code for midsize)

    99.9% sure that the TV Cords offered by Ping are ribbed.

    I ordered a replacement PING iron with the midsize cord and it is not ribbed. I have lamkin UTx midsize on majority of my clubs and this is also slightly larger, which I like.

    Posted:
  • The GeneralThe General Members  1785WRX Points: 171Handicap: 2Posts: 1,785 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #19

    GP hasn't sold the tour velvet cord in Midsize in over 10 years, unfortunately. The BCT came out a few years ago and I hoped they would offer it in midsize, but they did not. I've been begging them for years.

    They are on the Golf Pride tour van to tease all of us mortals. It's a shame. You make them for the tour, why not up the production by a few thousand more for players that want/need them. We'll pay!!!

    Posted:
  • budcangolfbudcangolf Members  531WRX Points: 180Posts: 531 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #20

    Best Grip they make, why they don’t offer it but can offer all these terrible align grips and every grip in 6 colors but not a simple Mid-Size BCT is beyond me. I have been wanting them to come to retail for several years. Would 100% buy enough tI Re-grip all my clubs and then have enough in reserve to last me awhile.

    Posted:
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 MaineMembers  20366WRX Points: 943Posts: 20,366 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #21

    The TVC seems to be missing a lot of cord these days. Not sure getting it in midsize would change anything.

    Posted:


  • JayLeftyJayLefty St. Louis, MOLefty Boomers  2049WRX Points: 117Posts: 2,049 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #22

    I had my hands on some of these before and they are so amazing. What I would do to get them back...

    Posted:
    Cobra F9 Speedback 10.5* w/ UST Chrome 7F5T
    Cobra F9 Speedback 16.5* w/ UST Chrome + 8F5
    Cobra Forged Tec King 3-PW w/ Nippon Modus 3 120X
    Cleveland RTX 4 50* w/ Nippon Modus 3 120X
    Cleveland RTX 4 54* and 58* w/ x100
    PXG Operator w/ BGT Stability Shaft
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • budcangolfbudcangolf Members  531WRX Points: 180Posts: 531 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #23

    I don’t see why at the very least they couldn’t make them an online only product where you have to order them. That way they don’t have to worry about them sitting at retail if they don’t think there is enough market for them.

    Posted:
  • JayLeftyJayLefty St. Louis, MOLefty Boomers  2049WRX Points: 117Posts: 2,049 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #24

    I wonder how may people would have to reply to generate interest?

    Posted:
    Cobra F9 Speedback 10.5* w/ UST Chrome 7F5T
    Cobra F9 Speedback 16.5* w/ UST Chrome + 8F5
    Cobra Forged Tec King 3-PW w/ Nippon Modus 3 120X
    Cleveland RTX 4 50* w/ Nippon Modus 3 120X
    Cleveland RTX 4 54* and 58* w/ x100
    PXG Operator w/ BGT Stability Shaft
  • golfnut07golfnut07 ClubWRX  274WRX Points: 94Posts: 274 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #25

    On -, @JayLefty said:

    I wonder how may people would have to reply to generate interest?

    I’m not sure how many posts it would take to get golfprides attention but here’s one more in hopes of persuading them.

    Posted:
  • HappyGilmore22HappyGilmore22 Members  749WRX Points: 233Handicap: 3Posts: 749 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #26

    You'd have to think that the tour velvet full cord in midsize would sell much better than the reg tour velvet midsize. Reg tour velvet is obviously popular but I don't know anyone that buys it in a midsize. They can say the full cord midsize wouldn't sell but I think they'd be surprised if they attempted to do so. Feel like that even though the grip has been around forever it's been much more popular on tour as of the past few years which obviously gets everyone's attention and wanting to play them. Maybe make them a special order like a left dash? I'd even pay extra to get this grip.

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70 TX
    Titleist TS3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5
    Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90 X
    Titleist T200 4-5, T100 6-PW - Project X 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.12 D - TT DG TI S400
    Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2
  • swgolf12swgolf12 Members  1130WRX Points: 259Posts: 1,130 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #27

    They do make Tour Velvet BCT Midsize, I have one on my 3 wood and Driving Iron. I believe you can only get them tour stock. I think the main reason they don't offer for retail is they make the Z-Grip Cord in Mid-Size and figure that if someone wants a full rubber cord mid-size they'll just use that or a NDMC Mid.

    Posted:
    XTD 10.5* Pro Launch Blue 55X
    917F2 16.5* Fuji P95X
    Nike VFP 3 Fuji P95X
    T-MB 4 CT130X
    5-PW VR Pro CB/MB Raw Combo CT130X
    National Custom 53/58 CT130X
    Raw Hi-Toe 64* CT130X
    Spider/Cameron
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • HappyGilmore22HappyGilmore22 Members  749WRX Points: 233Handicap: 3Posts: 749 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #28

    On -, @swgolf12 said:

    They do make Tour Velvet BCT Midsize, I have one on my 3 wood and Driving Iron. I believe you can only get them tour stock. I think the main reason they don't offer for retail is they make the Z-Grip Cord in Mid-Size and figure that if someone wants a full rubber cord mid-size they'll just use that or a NDMC Mid.

    Yeah I know Koepka uses the midsize full cord and I believe Casey might as well. Ton of other guys picking this grip up in reg size and Tiger has played them forever along with Rory switching from MCC to full cord this year. They make them but you can't buy them, or I can't. The z-grip is just such a different grip and the MCC midsize sell well but also because these aren't available. If they made these for sale the MCC would certainly drop. I play MCC because it's the closest thing. I'm not a huge fan of the z-grip I feel like they are a good grip for warm and humid climates only. Would be fine for a few summer months but not ideal for the other 8-9 months of the year.

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70 TX
    Titleist TS3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5
    Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90 X
    Titleist T200 4-5, T100 6-PW - Project X 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.12 D - TT DG TI S400
    Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2
  • budcangolfbudcangolf Members  531WRX Points: 180Posts: 531 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #29

    On -, @HappyGilmore22 said:

    On -, @swgolf12 said:

    They do make Tour Velvet BCT Midsize, I have one on my 3 wood and Driving Iron. I believe you can only get them tour stock. I think the main reason they don't offer for retail is they make the Z-Grip Cord in Mid-Size and figure that if someone wants a full rubber cord mid-size they'll just use that or a NDMC Mid.

    Yeah I know Koepka uses the midsize full cord and I believe Casey might as well. Ton of other guys picking this grip up in reg size and Tiger has played them forever along with Rory switching from MCC to full cord this year. They make them but you can't buy them, or I can't. The z-grip is just such a different grip and the MCC midsize sell well but also because these aren't available. If they made these for sale the MCC would certainly drop. I play MCC because it's the closest thing. I'm not a huge fan of the z-grip I feel like they are a good grip for warm and humid climates only. Would be fine for a few summer months but not ideal for the other 8-9 months of the year.

    Casey plays the Z-Cord midsize. Brooks and Woodland play the BCT full cord Midsize. The Z cord is much firmer and actually smaller than most midsize grips, it’s really not even close to the BCT full cord other than the fact it has cord.

    Posted:
  • Clyon8Clyon8 Members  10WRX Points: 7Posts: 10 Bunkers
    Joined:  #30

    Pumping life back into this post, can anyone confirm if the Tour Velvet C-Rod midsize ordered from Ping is ribbed or not? Was hoping to go logo down, and if they’re ribbed I’d be in a dilemma.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • SocratesSocrates Warning Points 2+ WinnipegClubWRX  10350WRX Points: 1,277Handicap: 4ishPosts: 10,350 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #31
    Posted:
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    TM R7 TP 3i Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
    MCC Align Midsize

3

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.