After market or original set sand wedge ?

Hiwattage ·  
HiwattageHiwattage Members  20WRX Points: 37Posts: 20 Bunkers

Just wondering how many mid handicappers use the sand wedge that came with their iron set or an aftermarket wedge . Now if they use the sand wedge that came with their irons , why do they ?

Posted:

Comments

• 596596 Lakeland, FLMembers  3842WRX Points: 334Posts: 3,842 Titanium Tees

I'm a 9 cap. Is that mid?
    I use both the set sand wedge, ping G15 54* for all shots except bunkers at which point I use a Callaway MD4 56* S Grind. The G15 wide sole is much more forgiving from the turf. The MD4 is better from the sand.
    Yes, I carry them both.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • HiwattageHiwattage Members  20WRX Points: 37Posts: 20 Bunkers

That’s exactly what my friend does too. I am going to go that route also . I found a Callaway steelhead XR sand wedge to match my set at a used club dealer in Calgary. Taking a 54 vokey out of the bag and leaving my 58 vokey in the bag for bunker and lob shots.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.