What glove are you using this summer?

jmtbkrjmtbkr Palm Beach GardensMembers Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just can't seem to play an all leather glove in So. Florida. I've been cycling thru my remaining 5 pairs of FJ Staycools, but they are wearing out.
need something very lightweight.

Callaway Rogue 12.5* Synergy 50S
Callaway Diablo 2hyb
Callaway X20 3-SW
Scotty Cameron California Fastback
Supersoft

Comments

• third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Still playing Nike gloves until I can't find any more.

• GolfNuts4GolfNuts4 Members Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am in south Florida as well, I use MG gloves, also, when really humid, try the FootJoy rain gloves.

Callaway Rogue 10.5* Driver
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
    Callaway Big Bertha (2004) 5 wood
    Ping G30 4 Hybrid
    Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Irons 5-GW
    Titleist Vokey Wedges 56/60
    Scotty Cameron Monterey
  • Bluefan75Bluefan75 Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Was going to be my suggestion. Rain gloves aren't just for when the moisture comes at you.

• DrSchteeveDrSchteeve Scottsdale, AZMembers Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Rain gloves work well in humidity - the wetter they get, the better they grip. Also don't tend to wear out as fast as regular gloves.

Honma TW737 460 10.5* Vizard Type Z 50 regular
    Honma TW737 13*  Vizard Type A 50 stiff
    Cobra F9 hybrids 17*, 21*, 24* Atmos regular
    MY UNICORN. Titleist 818 H1 27* set to 28* upright 1* Red Tie HQ3
    Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos regular
    Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
    TM Spider Tour Day
    OUUL stand bag
    Titleist Velocity or Bridgestone E12
  • 596596 Lakeland, FLMembers Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

FJ rain gloves for me from June to Sept in central Florida. They don't wear out as fast as a regular glove in the humidity. I wear one on both hands it's so humid in Lakeland, FL. I've lost a few clubs into the air wearing regular gloves when they get wet from sweat.

• DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,804 ClubWRX

The Kirkland Signature glove has become the go to. 4 top quality gloves for under $20.00? Yes please.

• OffTheDoleOffTheDole Florida golfer Members Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

Another vote for the Kirkland Signature gloves. They also pair nicely with the ball :D

• markheardjrmarkheardjr Member 141..Oh yeah...Snap to youngin! Members Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Been still playing my Vice Pro glove I got in the Facebook giveaway. I also have some FootJoy and PRGR cabretta gloves. I cycle gloves and hang the others on the cart roof handle or steering wheel to try out. but I don't sweat that much on my hand, usually its just my forehead that goes crazy.

NIPPON SHAFT TRIALS!! Get in on a pay-it-forward type shaft testing!
    http://www.golfwrx.c...yer-forwarding/

TaylorMade M3 9.5° w/ Tour Issue Aldila The Phene'd 60TX
    TaylorMade '08 Burner 14.5° w/ p9003X
    TaylorMade '08 Burner 17.5° w/ p9003TX
    Srixon ZTX-II 3-PW w/ Modus Nippon Modus Prototype ORA X (3I has an E11 Proto in Stiff)
    Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
    Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
    Scotty Cameron SS Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter
  • scottc25scottc25 Members Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought the newest version of the Under Armor gloves that have the fabric that's supposed to wick moisture. Not working for me. When I played the other day I had on my generic Edwin Watts glove and my hand stayed dry all day long. Who knew.

• RichieHuntRichieHunt Members Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I usually take 3 gloves and use 1 every 3 holes and cycle them throughout the round. I will also take a zip lock bag and squeeze the air (as Not Necessarily the News once called it…the snackmosphere). I put the gloves in there and it keeps the fresh.

Basically, towels are your friend in this heat. 1 will have one that I use for my brow and my hands, another for the clubs and then one I soak in ice water to keep me cool.

It’s also important to get hydrated the day BEFORE the round and continue to hydrate thru the round.

You’re still going to go thru gloves like crazy, but they’ll last much longer.

RH

• RSinSGRSinSG ClubWRX Posts: 3,196 ClubWRX

Another vote for the Kirkland gloves. Its very hot where I live and I go through gloves quickly. These are good gloves and the price makes them great gloves.

Ping G410 Tensi Orange
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course
  • sirparalotsirparalot Members Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭✭

Im going to go a different way. NO GLOVE....I switched to leather grips last year and have been glove free ever since. I have not had a single slippage issue in any weather condition and I love not having to deal with gloves at all. If your hands sweat heavily and want to stick with the gloves I have also used a no sweat spray on my hands and that keeps them dry all day as well. A buddy of mine who would sweat through 3 gloves in a round started using the spray and now uses only a single glove which stays dry the entire round.

• GolfNuts4GolfNuts4 Members Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the spray? I have used a liquid but hate it as it is very "chalky"

Callaway Rogue 10.5* Driver
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
    Callaway Big Bertha (2004) 5 wood
    Ping G30 4 Hybrid
    Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Irons 5-GW
    Titleist Vokey Wedges 56/60
    Scotty Cameron Monterey
  • HybridHybrid Members Posts: 269 ✭✭✭✭

Wearing a sweatband on your glove wrist works great.

• payerasjlpayerasjl Members Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rain Gloves work if you like the texture and feel. If not, just clip on 5 gloves to your bag and rotate. I occasionally go a couple holes or couple swings without glove just to let my hands breathe. Miami humidity is no joke.

like someone above me mentioned, you can mess around with your grips and see if some are more suited to sweat. Ive been tempted to go for the leather best grips, but it would be a costly experiment if it didn't work out well.

CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying
  • Jetierney13Jetierney13 Members Posts: 59 ✭✭

I just tried the Taylormade TP Flex in the ridiculous South Florida humidity and did not have a single issue.

• Bucken77Bucken77 Poor Mans Ho ClubWRX Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

FJ Rain gloves. Best **** gloves when you sweat

Titleist 913 D2/White Tie Stiff
    Titleist 2-4H S+ Stiff
    Titleist AP2 714 5-GW
    Titleist SM4 52/58
    Byron Morgan GSS DH-89
    www.gamegolf.com/player/Chunkylover77
  • Pete Dye RulesPete Dye Rules Members Posts: 36 ✭✭

@Bucken77 said:
    FJ Rain gloves. Best **** gloves when you sweat

This. Took me a few years playing in broward to figure out that the rain gloves worked best.

• jaxbeachpackerfanjaxbeachpackerfan Jacksonville Beach FloridaMembers Posts: 215 ✭✭✭

Hirzl's, with their Kangaroo leather palms, are awesome in the heat, humidity and rain. A bit pricey. Also very good are the Zero Friction gloves occasionally featured on Revolution Golf. 4 pack for $57. I've been using one twice a week for the past two months here in Jacksonville and still in great shape and never slips. No need to switch gloves during the round.

• 596596 Lakeland, FLMembers Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

As I mentioned above. FJ rain gloves. Sometimes on both hands it's so humid here. I also don't take them off for putting. They are meant to be used wet. You have to soak them before the first tee. Taking them off all the time allows them to dry out, which is not a good thing for rain gloves.

• AmasseyAmassey Cleveland, OHPaid BST Posts: 29 ✭✭

Now that the FJ rain gloves come I. White instead of black they are even better in the summer heat.

• T REXT REX Lefty Boomers Posts: 273 ✭✭✭✭

Footjoy rain gloves for me as well. I can enjoy a cold beer and it even makes the glove more grippy! I have never had luck with standard FJ gloves stretching out on me.

• jmtbkrjmtbkr Palm Beach GardensMembers Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 7, 2019 10:09pm #25

Been using the FJ rain gloves for a few weeks now. Really good glove, light and dry feeling! And I got a few pairs in white!
    also tried the Callaway Weather Spann. Synthetic leather and fabric. Really lightweight glove and doesn't get as dirty as a regular leather glove.
    But I do prefer the FJ.

Jeez, it's been HOT down here (my first summer). Major thunder/rain every afternoon!

Callaway Rogue 12.5* Synergy 50S
    Callaway Diablo 2hyb
    Callaway X20 3-SW
    Scotty Cameron California Fastback
    Supersoft
  • FlashinLeatherFlashinLeather Members Posts: 116 ✭✭✭

Echo all the FJ rain glove comments. I wear the white version. Feel is great and the club never slips.

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - AD DI 7x
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Stiff
    Titleist 718 T-MB - 2i - X100
    TaylorMade P790 - 4i-AW - X100
    Vokey - 54, 58
    Bettinardi - QB6
    Srixon Z Star
  • JBirdUtJBirdUt Members Posts: 365 ✭✭✭✭

@DavePelz4 said:
    The Kirkland Signature glove has become the go to. 4 top quality gloves for under $20.00? Yes please.

Add another for Kirkland.

• bvmagicbvmagic Members Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Fit 39 glove. I picked these up on a trip to Asia years ago and haven't considered ever changing. Anytime I am over in that side of the world I make it a point to replenish my stock. Being in Florida, cabretta leather felt great, but would hardly ever last that long. These Fit39 gloves are synthetic leather and have a very stretchy feel, so they hold up well for me since my hands sweat so much. Their sizes do run a little small for US standards however.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file