GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Tomcat 14 Putter- ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE.

What glove are you using this summer?

jmtbkr ·  
jmtbkrjmtbkr Palm Beach GardensMembers  826WRX Points: 121Posts: 826 Golden Tee

Just can't seem to play an all leather glove in So. Florida. I've been cycling thru my remaining 5 pairs of FJ Staycools, but they are wearing out.
need something very lightweight.

Posted:
Callaway Rogue 10.5* Synergy 60S
Callaway X20 3-SW
Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11
Supersoft

Comments

• third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  3291WRX Points: 1,404Posts: 3,291 Titanium Tees

Still playing Nike gloves until I can't find any more.

Posted:

Epic Flash - 44.75" D4 Pro 2.0 6 TS / 42" D2 Pro 2.0 6 / 41" D2 Pro 2.0 7 / Epic - Apex 19 - Apex Pro 19 D2 1050Gh HSx1 / MD5 / Phantom X5 - X5.5 Shaft Swap SS Mid Slim 2.0

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • GolfNuts4GolfNuts4 Members  744WRX Points: 123Handicap: 16Posts: 744 Golden Tee

I am in south Florida as well, I use MG gloves, also, when really humid, try the FootJoy rain gloves.

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5* Driver
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
    Callaway Big Bertha (2004) 5 wood
    Ping G30 4 Hybrid
    Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Irons 5-GW
    Titleist Vokey Wedges 56/60
    Scotty Cameron Monterey
  • Bluefan75Bluefan75 Members  4124WRX Points: 367Posts: 4,124 Titanium Tees

Was going to be my suggestion. Rain gloves aren't just for when the moisture comes at you.

Posted:
  • DrSchteeveDrSchteeve Scottsdale, AZMembers  3576WRX Points: 273Handicap: 8 from 6000 and 13 from 6500 (estimate only)Posts: 3,576 Titanium Tees

Rain gloves work well in humidity - the wetter they get, the better they grip. Also don't tend to wear out as fast as regular gloves.

Posted:
    TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
    TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
    TM Sim Max 5 Ventus Blue Senior
    TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
    TM Sim Max 7-SW Ventus Blue Senior
    Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
    TM Spider Tour Day
    OUUL stand bag
    Titleist Velocity
  • 596596 Lakeland, FLMembers  3885WRX Points: 378Posts: 3,885 Titanium Tees

FJ rain gloves for me from June to Sept in central Florida. They don't wear out as fast as a regular glove in the humidity. I wear one on both hands it's so humid in Lakeland, FL. I've lost a few clubs into the air wearing regular gloves when they get wet from sweat.

Posted:
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX  25507WRX Points: 2,705Handicap: 2 ManyPosts: 25,507 ClubWRX

The Kirkland Signature glove has become the go to. 4 top quality gloves for under $20.00? Yes please.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • OffTheDoleOffTheDole North Florida golfer Members  404WRX Points: 131Handicap: 2.6Posts: 404 Greens

Another vote for the Kirkland Signature gloves. They also pair nicely with the ball :D

Posted:

Titleist TS2 9.5° HZRDUS Smoke

Titleist TS3 13.5° HZRDUS Smoke 

Callaway Great Big Bertha 19° Kuro Kage 

Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4i X100 Tour Issue

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-6i X100 Tour Issue

Mizuno MP-20 7-PW X100 Tour Issue

Vokey SM6 50°, 56°, 60° S400 Tour Issue

Black Hawk Putter 

Titleist ProV1 Yellow

• markheardjrmarkheardjr Member 141..Oh yeah...Snap to youngin! Members  7386WRX Points: 197Handicap: 3.8Posts: 7,386 Titanium Tees

Been still playing my Vice Pro glove I got in the Facebook giveaway. I also have some FootJoy and PRGR cabretta gloves. I cycle gloves and hang the others on the cart roof handle or steering wheel to try out. but I don't sweat that much on my hand, usually its just my forehead that goes crazy.

Posted:
    NIPPON SHAFT TRIALS!! Get in on a pay-it-forward type shaft testing!
    http://www.golfwrx.c...yer-forwarding/

TaylorMade M3 9.5° w/ Tour Issue PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 6.5
    TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ p9003TX
    TaylorMade '08 Burner 17.5° w/ p9003TX
    Srixon ZTX-II 3-PW w/ Modus Nippon Modus Prototype ORA X (3I has an E11 Proto in Stiff)
    Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
    Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
    Scotty Cameron SS Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter
  • scottc25scottc25 Members  707WRX Points: 109Handicap: 4Posts: 707 Golden Tee

I bought the newest version of the Under Armor gloves that have the fabric that's supposed to wick moisture. Not working for me. When I played the other day I had on my generic Edwin Watts glove and my hand stayed dry all day long. Who knew.

Posted:
  • RichieHuntRichieHunt Members  4079WRX Points: 771Posts: 4,079 Titanium Tees

I usually take 3 gloves and use 1 every 3 holes and cycle them throughout the round. I will also take a zip lock bag and squeeze the air (as Not Necessarily the News once called it…the snackmosphere). I put the gloves in there and it keeps the fresh.

Basically, towels are your friend in this heat. 1 will have one that I use for my brow and my hands, another for the clubs and then one I soak in ice water to keep me cool.

It’s also important to get hydrated the day BEFORE the round and continue to hydrate thru the round.

You’re still going to go thru gloves like crazy, but they’ll last much longer.

RH

Posted:
  • RSinSGRSinSG St George, UT (Formerly Palm Springs, CA)ClubWRX  3473WRX Points: 502Handicap: 7.3Posts: 3,473 ClubWRX

Another vote for the Kirkland gloves. Its very hot where I live and I go through gloves quickly. These are good gloves and the price makes them great gloves.

Posted:
    Ping G410 Tour AD DI S
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course

Advertisement
  • sirparalotsirparalot Members  777WRX Points: 120Handicap: 7.6Posts: 777 Golden Tee

Im going to go a different way. NO GLOVE....I switched to leather grips last year and have been glove free ever since. I have not had a single slippage issue in any weather condition and I love not having to deal with gloves at all. If your hands sweat heavily and want to stick with the gloves I have also used a no sweat spray on my hands and that keeps them dry all day as well. A buddy of mine who would sweat through 3 gloves in a round started using the spray and now uses only a single glove which stays dry the entire round.

Posted:
  • GolfNuts4GolfNuts4 Members  744WRX Points: 123Handicap: 16Posts: 744 Golden Tee

What is the spray? I have used a liquid but hate it as it is very "chalky"

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5* Driver
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
    Callaway Big Bertha (2004) 5 wood
    Ping G30 4 Hybrid
    Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Irons 5-GW
    Titleist Vokey Wedges 56/60
    Scotty Cameron Monterey
  • sirparalotsirparalot Members  777WRX Points: 120Handicap: 7.6Posts: 777 Golden Tee
  • HybridHybrid Members  288WRX Points: 90Posts: 288 Greens

Wearing a sweatband on your glove wrist works great.

Posted:
  • payerasjlpayerasjl Members  861WRX Points: 109Posts: 861 Golden Tee

Rain Gloves work if you like the texture and feel. If not, just clip on 5 gloves to your bag and rotate. I occasionally go a couple holes or couple swings without glove just to let my hands breathe. Miami humidity is no joke.

like someone above me mentioned, you can mess around with your grips and see if some are more suited to sweat. Ive been tempted to go for the leather best grips, but it would be a costly experiment if it didn't work out well.

Posted:
    CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying

Advertisement
  • Jetierney13Jetierney13 Members  105WRX Points: 37Posts: 105 Fairways

I just tried the Taylormade TP Flex in the ridiculous South Florida humidity and did not have a single issue.

Posted:
  • Bucken77Bucken77 Poor Mans Ho Raleigh, North CarolinaClubWRX  2265WRX Points: 188Posts: 2,265 Platinum Tees

FJ Rain gloves. Best **** gloves when you sweat

Posted:
    Titleist 913 D2/White Tie Stiff
    Titleist 2-4H S+ Stiff
    Titleist AP2 714 5-GW
    Titleist SM4 52/58
    Byron Morgan GSS DH-89
    www.gamegolf.com/player/Chunkylover77
  • Pete Dye RulesPete Dye Rules Members  55WRX Points: 68Handicap: 8Posts: 55 Bunkers

On -, @Bucken77 said:

FJ Rain gloves. Best **** gloves when you sweat

This. Took me a few years playing in broward to figure out that the rain gloves worked best.

Posted:
  • jaxbeachpackerfanjaxbeachpackerfan Jacksonville Beach FloridaMembers  217WRX Points: 53Handicap: 12.9Posts: 217 Fairways

Hirzl's, with their Kangaroo leather palms, are awesome in the heat, humidity and rain. A bit pricey. Also very good are the Zero Friction gloves occasionally featured on Revolution Golf. 4 pack for $57. I've been using one twice a week for the past two months here in Jacksonville and still in great shape and never slips. No need to switch gloves during the round.

Posted:
  • 596596 Lakeland, FLMembers  3885WRX Points: 378Posts: 3,885 Titanium Tees

As I mentioned above. FJ rain gloves. Sometimes on both hands it's so humid here. I also don't take them off for putting. They are meant to be used wet. You have to soak them before the first tee. Taking them off all the time allows them to dry out, which is not a good thing for rain gloves.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • AmasseyAmassey Cleveland, OHPaid BST  29WRX Points: 32Handicap: 8Posts: 29 Bunkers

Now that the FJ rain gloves come I. White instead of black they are even better in the summer heat.

Posted:
  • T REXT REX Lefty Boomers  278WRX Points: 53Posts: 278 Greens

Footjoy rain gloves for me as well. I can enjoy a cold beer and it even makes the glove more grippy! I have never had luck with standard FJ gloves stretching out on me.

Posted:
  • jmtbkrjmtbkr Palm Beach GardensMembers  826WRX Points: 121Posts: 826 Golden Tee

Been using the FJ rain gloves for a few weeks now. Really good glove, light and dry feeling! And I got a few pairs in white!
    also tried the Callaway Weather Spann. Synthetic leather and fabric. Really lightweight glove and doesn't get as dirty as a regular leather glove.
    But I do prefer the FJ.

Jeez, it's been HOT down here (my first summer). Major thunder/rain every afternoon!

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5* Synergy 60S
    Callaway X20 3-SW
    Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11
    Supersoft
  • FlashinLeatherFlashinLeather FloridaMembers  204WRX Points: 76Handicap: 9Posts: 204 Fairways

Echo all the FJ rain glove comments. I wear the white version. Feel is great and the club never slips.

Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 10.5 - AD DI 7x
    TS2 Hybrid 19* - AD DI 95x
    Titleist 718 T-MB - 2i - X100
    TaylorMade P790 - 4i-AW - X100
    Vokey - 55.5, 60
    Bettinardi - BB8 Dass / QB6 / iNOVAi 5.0 CS / BB40 | Byron Morgan - DH11
    Srixon Z Star 
  • JBirdUtJBirdUt Members  397WRX Points: 109Posts: 397 Greens

On -, @DavePelz4 said:

The Kirkland Signature glove has become the go to. 4 top quality gloves for under $20.00? Yes please.

Add another for Kirkland.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • bvmagicbvmagic Members  1122WRX Points: 156Posts: 1,122 Platinum Tees

Fit 39 glove. I picked these up on a trip to Asia years ago and haven't considered ever changing. Anytime I am over in that side of the world I make it a point to replenish my stock. Being in Florida, cabretta leather felt great, but would hardly ever last that long. These Fit39 gloves are synthetic leather and have a very stretchy feel, so they hold up well for me since my hands sweat so much. Their sizes do run a little small for US standards however.

Posted:
  • tonypizzletonypizzle Members  83WRX Points: 39Posts: 83 Fairways

arent rain gloves thick in the heat? i feel like my hand would feel like its being choked of air haha. i am currently running through some kirkland gloves. i bring 2-3 gloves to use in a round and switch when i feel like one is getting too wet from sweat.

Posted:
  • NegncicNegncic Members  105WRX Points: 69Posts: 105 Fairways

For the guys that switched to leather grips, which grips did you get?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • NegncicNegncic Members  105WRX Points: 69Posts: 105 Fairways

For the guys that switched to leather grips, which grips did you get?

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.