2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Is it still available ...crickets chirping

tinman

Love those members on here.They PM you & ask if a certain item is still available .....never hear from them again -why ask if you’re not serious?Love members like tim_harris for not responding back after letting him know that it was.A little courtesy goes a long way...rant over.

Adams 9015D w/X con4,Ping G20 w/HD6& [color=#0000CD Mizuno JPX 900 5 & 7 woods,Mashie 3 & 4
Bridgestone J40 DPC’s & S3 Pro’s,Mizuno S7 54 & 58
[color=#FF0000]Bettinardi SS7, BC1,Ping Anser 1968 BeCu

> @tinman said:

> Love those members on here.They PM you & ask if a certain item is still available .....never hear from them again -why ask if you’re not serious?Love members like tim_harris for not responding back after letting him know that it was.A little courtesy goes a long way...rant over.

I agree about replying. But, I just got a reply a week after about a driver I asked about. I’ve already bought one by then and I’m not responding to one a week late. I do respond if they reply in a timely manner.

Especially if they where on the forum ...read your message & still didn’t respond after you gave them you PP.I don’t get lazy,rude people & I can’t read their mind.

Adams 9015D w/X con4,Ping G20 w/HD6& [color=#0000CD Mizuno JPX 900 5 & 7 woods,Mashie 3 & 4

I completly understand about not getting back after inquiring about an Item , But IMO its worse to not respond when someone inquires about something. Sometimes you leave the iquiring person in limbo because they may be ready to purchase and if you are late in responding then that person now does not know what to do , do I wait or do I buy else where...JAT

> @Joker91 said:

> Plays out 1 of 2 ways

>

> **Scenario 1:**

> guy1: is it still available?

> me: yes

> guy1: ........

>

> guy2: is it still available?

> me: yes, some other guy asked about it though. you're 2nd in line

> guy2: ok just let me know

>

> guy 1 doesn't respond after a day and never responds

>

> me to guy 2: it's all yours. other guy never responded

> guy2: oh sorry i bought it somewhere else

>

> **Scenario 2:**

> guy1: is it still available?

> me: yes

> guy1: ........

>

> guy2: is it still available?

> me: yes, it's all yours

> guy2: deal

>

> guy 1 a day later

>

> guy1: i'll take it, what's your paypal

> me: sorry i sold it to someone else

> guy1: WTF?! you said it was available.

> me: sorry, first guy to pay gets it. you took too long to respond

> guy1 gets all mad and starts a thread in here saying i don't follow though on my deals

F*** guy1

• Like 2

The "no response" thing around here is ridiculous. Not only related to selling things but also when responding to WTB as well. And speaking of WTB, don't you love it when someone asks for something relatively specific, which you have and tell them so, but then they either blow you off or say they want something very specific (but neglected to mention such in the original post?) I also had a guy here recently blow me off after I offered to help him with a clubmaking job, which I can do in my sleep. Common courtesy is something greatly lacking these days it seems. I'm building my Ignore list with these clowns.

• Like 3

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

I also love the guy who list what trades they are interested in and you reply with I've got XYZ and they reply with oh I'm good on XYZ don't need any of those. Huh?????? Lol just say hey not interested in YOUR XYZ. We are all big boys and girls.

• Like 1

All Clubs subject to change relative to my last bad round of golf......

Whoever pays first gets the item. While I agree a non-response is lame, peoples minds change all the time when it comes to purchasing goods. The BST is no different.

- KC

Wood Bros Kool Cat F-1 - 11°

TaylorMade Tour Cleek - 16°

Ping Eye 2 - 1 Iron

[Irons - TBD]

Cleveland Reg. 588 - Special 49°

Wilson Staff Dyna-Power - SW

[Putter - TBD]

It's an online BST. People put out feelers. As the seller of anything you have to understand that a potential buyer can disengage from a negotiation at any time. It's not optimal for the seller, but a buyer has zero obligation unless contracts are signed. Is it less than ideal to encounter radio silence? Of course, but it's not any real inconvenience. What I find far more ridiculous is a seller publicly blasting a specific member and potential buyer for asking a question via PM and not pursuing a deal any further. Which one shows poorer courtesy?

All the more reason I eat some dollars and trade in when 50% bonuses are included. None of the hassle still get the money. Plus the elimination of the feedback system makes the BsT the Wild West right now.

Cobra F9 TL 10.5 Atmos Black 7x
Cobra F8+ 3/4 &/or 5/6 Tour Blue 85x
Cobra F8 2H Element EarthX &/or Cobra F9 4H PX6.5
Ping I210 5-PW LZ 6.0
Ping Stealth 2.0 50/54/58 LZ 6.0

Some form of a Scotty, Betti, Spider

> @SPIF said:

> It's an online BST. People put out feelers. As the seller of anything you have to understand that a potential buyer can disengage from a negotiation at any time. It's not optimal for the seller, but a buyer has zero obligation unless contracts are signed. Is it less than ideal to encounter radio silence? Of course, but it's not any real inconvenience. What I find far more ridiculous is a seller publicly blasting a specific member and potential buyer for asking a question via PM and not pursuing a deal any further. Which one shows poorer courtesy?

> @SPIF said:

> It's an online BST. People put out feelers. As the seller of anything you have to understand that a potential buyer can disengage from a negotiation at any time. It's not optimal for the seller, but a buyer has zero obligation unless contracts are signed. Is it less than ideal to encounter radio silence? Of course, but it's not any real inconvenience. What I find far more ridiculous is a seller publicly blasting a specific member and potential buyer for asking a question via PM and not pursuing a deal any further. Which one shows poorer courtesy?

How hard is it for a quick reply of “sorry-changed my mind”?

> @SPIF said:

We are talking about common courtesy, not obligation. Treat people with respect and don't leave them hanging just because it's convenient.

• Like 2

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

• 2 weeks later...

> @tinman said:

> How hard is it for a quick reply of “sorry-changed my mind”?

Hey @tinman, I hope I didn't annoy you by taking a little while to get back to you on the Matrix Shafts, had some craziness this weekend with the Dallas storms/power outages. I'm still very much interested, just need to know a price on the Altus. And I think I found a buyer for you on the second Altus, as well.

Driver: nope

2W: TaylorMade Mini 300 (13.5*) - Ventus Blue 7x 

5W: Cobra SpeedZone (18*) - Ventus Blue 8x

4H: PING G410 (22*) - Tour AD-95x

5i-PW: Srixon zX5/7 - Project X LZ 6.5

GW: PING Glide 3.0 - Project X Rifle 6.5

SW: Vokey TVD-K Grind - Project X Rifle 6.5

LW: TaylorMade Hi-Toe Raw LB - Project X Rifle 6.5

P: Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 (Crescent Neck)

> @Nessism said:

> > @SPIF said:

> > It's an online BST. People put out feelers. As the seller of anything you have to understand that a potential buyer can disengage from a negotiation at any time. It's not optimal for the seller, but a buyer has zero obligation unless contracts are signed. Is it less than ideal to encounter radio silence? Of course, but it's not any real inconvenience. What I find far more ridiculous is a seller publicly blasting a specific member and potential buyer for asking a question via PM and not pursuing a deal any further. Which one shows poorer courtesy?

>

> We are talking about common courtesy, not obligation. Treat people with respect and don't leave them hanging just because it's convenient.

I second this...... way too many WTB posts that get responded to and ignored. There are a bunch of ignorant people on this forum that have zero respect for others time. Requests for photos and haggling prices and ignoring a reply with the exact item they want to buy makes me wonder if they aren't lonely and just are taking up space.

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

So not responding to some of these WTB’s that are wanting to sell you something not really like what you asked for is fine I think. I mean I asked for A and you offered me something similar but not A. My biggest complaint is listing an item on the BST and people ask for more pics or really specific questions which you answer and then crickets. And honestly a lot of the same people do this. There’s one guy that I’ve seen ask for a serial number on a bunch of occasions. Honestly why ask for a million more pics, especially when everything is perfect, or ask for a serial number and then ghost?

> @jasonTeI3 said:

> So not responding to some of these WTB’s that are wanting to sell you something not really like what you asked for is fine I think. I mean I asked for A and you offered me something similar but not A. My biggest complaint is listing an item on the BST and people ask for more pics or really specific questions which you answer and then crickets. And honestly a lot of the same people do this. There’s one guy that I’ve seen ask for a serial number on a bunch of occasions. Honestly why ask for a million more pics, especially when everything is perfect, or ask for a serial number and then ghost?

This too...... But WTB replied with the EXACT item that's listed and you get Crickets makes me wonder what the deal is...... Lonely ? Looking for attention?

Anyway you slice it these folks are just ignorant at a minimum.

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

> @Tzoid said:

> > @jasonTeI3 said:

> > So not responding to some of these WTB’s that are wanting to sell you something not really like what you asked for is fine I think. I mean I asked for A and you offered me something similar but not A. My biggest complaint is listing an item on the BST and people ask for more pics or really specific questions which you answer and then crickets. And honestly a lot of the same people do this. There’s one guy that I’ve seen ask for a serial number on a bunch of occasions. Honestly why ask for a million more pics, especially when everything is perfect, or ask for a serial number and then ghost?

>

> This too...... But WTB replied with the EXACT item that's listed and you get Crickets makes me wonder what the deal is...... Lonely ? Looking for attention?

> Anyway you slice it these folks are just ignorant at a minimum.

I suspect a lot of the WTB ads are posted in the hopes that the poster will be able to field a bunch of offers, one of which will be from someone unloading an unused item for 50% of the next lowest offer. Like you, I've responded to a fair number of these WTB ads with the exact item or an item that fits within the category of the listing (i.e. "TM driver shaft 60g S flex"). I think my response rate is at about 30%, to say nothing of my "success" rate. I even include a request that the OP respond either way just so I know where they stand and whether I can stop waiting for a response. I used to send pictures with the original PM, but now I usually just ask them to let me know if they are interested and I can send pics. Either way, it is frustrating. But, that's the general state of BST/WTB right now around here. That's a long way of saying I feel your pain.

• Like 1