Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Titleist TS hybrids, U500 & U510 utility irons

1456810

Comments

  • Bdmac79Bdmac79 Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @odshot68 said:
    Has anyone tried or considered a amt white in the u500

    Strongly considered it along with the rest of my iron setup. I chose Even Flow White 100 in both the 3 and 4 and stuck with PX LZ in 5-PW.

    TS3/9.5/HZRDUS Yellow HC 63
    TS2/15/Tour AD-DI 7
    913H.d/18/Tour AD-DI 85
    U500 3-4/EvenFlow White 100
    T100 5-PW/PX LZ
    SM7 Raw 52.8F/PX LZ
    SM7 Raw 58.8M/PX LZ
    SC Newport 2 Tour Custom
    Pro V1
  • odshot68odshot68 MIMembers Posts: 7,959 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I hit the pro white today, and it loads and feels weird to me. I have never cared for the evenflo white and hated graphite design due to my fast transition. I play standard dg 130 in my irons and they work great for me. They feel stable for me. I didn’t want something quite as heavy in a driving iron though.

    Titleist TS3 10.5 Tensei Blue 55X SFW
    Titleist TS2 13.5 & 18 Tensei Blue 65X
    Titleist TS3 21 (at B1 22.5) Hybrid Tensei Blue 80X
    Srixon U85 #3 DG S300
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-9 DG S300
    Vokey SM7 Tour Chrome 48.10F, 56.10S, 60.04L DGS200
    Odyssey White Hot #3 Putter
    Golf Pride Tour Velvet Align
    Titleist Pro V1

  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 5, 2019 3:53pm #214

    .

    Post edited by AG12 on
    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist TS2 19* HZRDUS Smoke Black 80HY
    TaylorMade P790 '19 4-PW Project X LZ 120 
    Titleist SM7 50.12F/54.10S DG S200
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 5, 2019 3:54pm #215

    .

    Post edited by AG12 on
    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist TS2 19* HZRDUS Smoke Black 80HY
    TaylorMade P790 '19 4-PW Project X LZ 120 
    Titleist SM7 50.12F/54.10S DG S200
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • UnderPar18UnderPar18 Previously Ecsugolf1 Members Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @jrshelby said:
    Got my whole order yesterday. They set up nice to the ball.



    Can we get you a better putter please

  • jrshelbyjrshelby Members Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @UnderPar18 said:

    @jrshelby said:
    Got my whole order yesterday. They set up nice to the ball.



    Can we get you a better putter please


    Titleist TS4 9.5° HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.5
    Titleist U500 2/17° Tour AD DI 105X
    Titleist T100 4-PW, W KBS Tour S+
    Vokey SM7 54°, 58° M-Grinds KBS Tour Hi Rev 2.0 Stiff
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
  • tmartinsthstmartinsths Members Posts: 8 ✭✭

    @AG12 Let us know how the TS2 is compared to the TS3. It seems more of a nice mix between a fairway wood and most hybrids.

  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @tmartinsths said:
    @AG12 Let us know how the TS2 is compared to the TS3. It seems more of a nice mix between a fairway wood and most hybrids.

    Will do!

    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist TS2 19* HZRDUS Smoke Black 80HY
    TaylorMade P790 '19 4-PW Project X LZ 120 
    Titleist SM7 50.12F/54.10S DG S200
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • Luke7Luke7 Club Junkie VirginiaMembers Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @odshot68 said:

    @Luke7 said:

    @odshot68 said:
    Curious is the pro white hybrid shaft a made for in x or is it the tx real deal? Considering one in a u500 3 iron as well

    It’s just the x, but still feels like a great shaft imo

    I called titleist and they told me its a tx, not the x. Now I'm confused, they also said it wasn't a made for. The standard stiff is too soft but feel a tx is too much.

    Well, they may be right. I just turned 24 and a half and my eyesight isn’t what it used to be :P

    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* GD ADDI 6X
    Titleist 915 F 15* Rogue 125 70TX

    Titleist U500 3 Tensei White 100 TX
    Titleist U500 4 AMT White X100

    Titleist 620 MB 5-Pw DG AMT White X100
    Titleist SM7 Raw 50.08F, 56.10S, 60.08M DG AMT White S300

    Scotty Cameron HHH Timeless
    WITB Link
  • mtiger10mtiger10 Members Posts: 274 ✭✭✭✭

    I attended a Titleist Thursday fitting event yesterday for driver/fairway but I had a few minutes left so I was showing him my 816 H2 hybrid. He obviously had seen me hitting driver and fairway so he asked me to try the U510 utility iron. I've always though the utility clubs were weapons for guys with high swing speed (mine is around 95 with driver) but I thought I'd give it a try. Everything that I hit from the turf or tee launched high and straight. He explained the CG is so low in the club that it promotes launch and the HZRDUS Smoke 80 shaft in stiff flex keeps the ball from ballooning. Without a doubt, this was the biggest pleasant surprise of my fitting.

    Ping G30 9* with regular flex TFC 149D
    Titleist 917 F2 16.5* with regular flex Diamana Ltd Blue 70
    Titleist 816 H2 21* with stiff flex Diamana S+ Blue 70
    Taylormade M CGB 4-AW with regular flex Nippon NSPRO840
    Callaway MD3 Milled Black Wide sole wedge 56*
    Odyssey Works #7 Tank Versa with Superstroke

  • Jgarn117Jgarn117 Members Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

    Anyone know if the u500 can be bent a couple of degrees??

    Titleist TS3 9.5*, HZRDUS 75 T1100 6.5X
    Titleist 917 F3 13.5*, HZRDUS 85 Black 6.5X
    PXG 0317 Hybrid 17*, HZRDUS 105 Black 6.5X
    Titleist 716 T-MB 4-6, Ap2 7-W, Nippon Prototype C10X
    Vokey SM6 56 & 60, DG Tour Issue S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport w/ Lime Custom Shop grip / headcover
  • Luke7Luke7 Club Junkie VirginiaMembers Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Jgarn117 said:
    Anyone know if the u500 can be bent a couple of degrees??

    Yes it can

    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* GD ADDI 6X
    Titleist 915 F 15* Rogue 125 70TX

    Titleist U500 3 Tensei White 100 TX
    Titleist U500 4 AMT White X100

    Titleist 620 MB 5-Pw DG AMT White X100
    Titleist SM7 Raw 50.08F, 56.10S, 60.08M DG AMT White S300

    Scotty Cameron HHH Timeless
    WITB Link
  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @tmartinsths said:
    @AG12 Let us know how the TS2 is compared to the TS3. It seems more of a nice mix between a fairway wood and most hybrids.

    Well pulled the trigger on a 19* TS2 hybrid with the HZRDUS Smoke Black 80g 6.0 shaft. Hit it outdoors today and it beat out the TS3 and 818H2. The hybrid is super forgiving and turf interaction is great. I didn’t like it when I initially tested but I think that was due to my swing being off. Really looking forward to put it in play.

    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist TS2 19* HZRDUS Smoke Black 80HY
    TaylorMade P790 '19 4-PW Project X LZ 120 
    Titleist SM7 50.12F/54.10S DG S200
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • LlortamaiseyLlortamaisey Members Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Does the TS2 hybrid weight look like it favors the toe when looking face on, similar to the TS4 driver weight but not as drastic.

  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Llortamaisey said:
    Does the TS2 hybrid weight look like it favors the toe when looking face on, similar to the TS4 driver weight but not as drastic.

    I think it’s the angle I took the photo but looking at it I don’t think it favors the toe or the heel

    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist TS2 19* HZRDUS Smoke Black 80HY
    TaylorMade P790 '19 4-PW Project X LZ 120 
    Titleist SM7 50.12F/54.10S DG S200
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • LlortamaiseyLlortamaisey Members Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @AG12 said:

    @Llortamaisey said:
    Does the TS2 hybrid weight look like it favors the toe when looking face on, similar to the TS4 driver weight but not as drastic.

    I think it’s the angle I took the photo but looking at it I don’t think it favors the toe or the heel

    My bad. I wasn’t referencing your photo in particular. It actually looks pretty neutral from the bottom perspective in your photo. I was only speaking about how it looks from the face on perspective when I’ve seen it in person. The TS4 is the same way. It looks neutral from the bottom but face on it’s definitely favoring the toe.

  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Llortamaisey said:

    @AG12 said:

    @Llortamaisey said:
    Does the TS2 hybrid weight look like it favors the toe when looking face on, similar to the TS4 driver weight but not as drastic.

    I think it’s the angle I took the photo but looking at it I don’t think it favors the toe or the heel

    My bad. I wasn’t referencing your photo in particular. It actually looks pretty neutral from the bottom perspective in your photo. I was only speaking about how it looks from the face on perspective when I’ve seen it in person. The TS4 is the same way. It looks neutral from the bottom but face on it’s definitely favoring the toe.

    No worries at all man! Didn’t even see it as a reason for you to apologize haha.

    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist TS2 19* HZRDUS Smoke Black 80HY
    TaylorMade P790 '19 4-PW Project X LZ 120 
    Titleist SM7 50.12F/54.10S DG S200
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers Posts: 893 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @AG12 said:

    @tmartinsths said:
    @AG12 Let us know how the TS2 is compared to the TS3. It seems more of a nice mix between a fairway wood and most hybrids.

    Well pulled the trigger on a 19* TS2 hybrid with the HZRDUS Smoke Black 80g 6.0 shaft. Hit it outdoors today and it beat out the TS3 and 818H2. The hybrid is super forgiving and turf interaction is great. I didn’t like it when I initially tested but I think that was due to my swing being off. Really looking forward to put it in play.

    Sweeeet stick bro!

    is Roger Dunn Santa Ana stocked up with TS hybrid and U5's?

    wanted to be sure I could walk out with one after next weeks fitting.

  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @TIM929 said:

    @AG12 said:

    @tmartinsths said:
    @AG12 Let us know how the TS2 is compared to the TS3. It seems more of a nice mix between a fairway wood and most hybrids.

    Well pulled the trigger on a 19* TS2 hybrid with the HZRDUS Smoke Black 80g 6.0 shaft. Hit it outdoors today and it beat out the TS3 and 818H2. The hybrid is super forgiving and turf interaction is great. I didn’t like it when I initially tested but I think that was due to my swing being off. Really looking forward to put it in play.

    Sweeeet stick bro!

    is Roger Dunn Santa Ana stocked up with TS hybrid and U5's?

    wanted to be sure I could walk out with one after next weeks fitting.

    Yessir all the Roger Dunn’s have both in stock as of today!

    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist TS2 19* HZRDUS Smoke Black 80HY
    TaylorMade P790 '19 4-PW Project X LZ 120 
    Titleist SM7 50.12F/54.10S DG S200
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers Posts: 893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 31, 2019 3:56am #231

    @AG12 said:

    @TIM929 said:

    @AG12 said:

    @tmartinsths said:
    @AG12 Let us know how the TS2 is compared to the TS3. It seems more of a nice mix between a fairway wood and most hybrids.

    Well pulled the trigger on a 19* TS2 hybrid with the HZRDUS Smoke Black 80g 6.0 shaft. Hit it outdoors today and it beat out the TS3 and 818H2. The hybrid is super forgiving and turf interaction is great. I didn’t like it when I initially tested but I think that was due to my swing being off. Really looking forward to put it in play.

    Sweeeet stick bro!

    is Roger Dunn Santa Ana stocked up with TS hybrid and U5's?

    wanted to be sure I could walk out with one after next weeks fitting.

    Yessir all the Roger Dunn’s have both in stock as of today!

    thank you brother, time to spend.

    store credit that is.

  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @TIM929 said:

    @AG12 said:

    @TIM929 said:

    @AG12 said:

    @tmartinsths said:
    @AG12 Let us know how the TS2 is compared to the TS3. It seems more of a nice mix between a fairway wood and most hybrids.

    Well pulled the trigger on a 19* TS2 hybrid with the HZRDUS Smoke Black 80g 6.0 shaft. Hit it outdoors today and it beat out the TS3 and 818H2. The hybrid is super forgiving and turf interaction is great. I didn’t like it when I initially tested but I think that was due to my swing being off. Really looking forward to put it in play.

    Sweeeet stick bro!

    is Roger Dunn Santa Ana stocked up with TS hybrid and U5's?

    wanted to be sure I could walk out with one after next weeks fitting.

    Yessir all the Roger Dunn’s have both in stock as of today!

    thank you brother, time to spend.

    Yiiiii buddy!

    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist TS2 19* HZRDUS Smoke Black 80HY
    TaylorMade P790 '19 4-PW Project X LZ 120 
    Titleist SM7 50.12F/54.10S DG S200
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • cjblake09cjblake09 Members Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Just went and saw the U500 and U510. I think i am going to order the T200 5-W and think the 3 iron U500 might be the ticket to fill in between my 5 wood and 5 iron.

  • thewralthewral Boston, MAMembers Posts: 280 ✭✭✭✭

    Hit the U510 1 iron (16*) today, crazy easy to hit high bombs off of a tee and not bad off the deck either. I think this will replace my 3 wood.

    Ping G400 LST 8.5*, Accra TZ6 M5
    Ping G410 14.5*, Ping Tour X

    Ping G410 2 Hybrid 17*, Tensei Blue 80HY X
    Srixon 785 4-P, PXLZ 6.5
    Fourteen RM-22 Tour 50*, 54*, 58*, Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2
  • youngunz5840youngunz5840 Members Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Not sure what’s going on with my order. Asked DD for tracking yesterday and they said they don’t have anything. Their policy to not give order numbers makes it hard to get info from titleist.

  • getair23getair23 Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I also hit the 1 iron today. Beautiful penetrating flight off the deck, and it wants to run. The 500 and the 510 have very different sound/feel. I had an easier time elevating the 510 1 than the 500 2i. > @thewral said:

    Hit the U510 1 iron (16*) today, crazy easy to hit high bombs off of a tee and not bad off the deck either. I think this will replace my 3 wood.

    Titleist TS3 9.5  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5TX 
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5 Elements Chrome 7F5T
    Srixon Z 745 (4-9) Z 945 (pw) KBS tour-x
    Fourteen RM 21 50* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Bettinardi "The Hive" Black 54* and 60* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Edel 64* KBS C-Taper s+
    Titleist Studio Design 2
    Pro V1
  • Luke7Luke7 Club Junkie VirginiaMembers Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @youngunz5840 said:
    Not sure what’s going on with my order. Asked DD for tracking yesterday and they said they don’t have anything. Their policy to not give order numbers makes it hard to get info from titleist.

    Apparently my U500 4 is backordered until November.

    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* GD ADDI 6X
    Titleist 915 F 15* Rogue 125 70TX

    Titleist U500 3 Tensei White 100 TX
    Titleist U500 4 AMT White X100

    Titleist 620 MB 5-Pw DG AMT White X100
    Titleist SM7 Raw 50.08F, 56.10S, 60.08M DG AMT White S300

    Scotty Cameron HHH Timeless
    WITB Link
  • stuart.f.cohenstuart.f.cohen Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭

    My u510 4 iron with the stock smoke came in on Friday. What a great club, easy to hit it high and straight. About 10 yards farther than my c16 4 with pxi 5.5 and probably twice as high. Best club in my bag!

  • Jgarn117Jgarn117 Members Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

    Anyone able to speak on the difference between Diamana white 105 and Tensei Pro White 100 in terms of feel and flight / launch??

    Titleist TS3 9.5*, HZRDUS 75 T1100 6.5X
    Titleist 917 F3 13.5*, HZRDUS 85 Black 6.5X
    PXG 0317 Hybrid 17*, HZRDUS 105 Black 6.5X
    Titleist 716 T-MB 4-6, Ap2 7-W, Nippon Prototype C10X
    Vokey SM6 56 & 60, DG Tour Issue S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport w/ Lime Custom Shop grip / headcover
  • Jgarn117Jgarn117 Members Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

    Also, will any hybrid shaft fit in the u500?

    Potentially looking at pulling an old hybrid shaft for this club build.

    Titleist TS3 9.5*, HZRDUS 75 T1100 6.5X
    Titleist 917 F3 13.5*, HZRDUS 85 Black 6.5X
    PXG 0317 Hybrid 17*, HZRDUS 105 Black 6.5X
    Titleist 716 T-MB 4-6, Ap2 7-W, Nippon Prototype C10X
    Vokey SM6 56 & 60, DG Tour Issue S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport w/ Lime Custom Shop grip / headcover

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file