RAFFLE WINNER! JPX919 TOURS, SHAFT DISCUSSION...

Fletch510k ·  
Fletch510kFletch510k AberdeenshireMembers  22WRX Points: 13Handicap: 6Posts: 22 Bunkers

Hi gents, long story short - I won a set of irons of my choice, as I game Mizuno (MP-69s) I really really fancied the JPX919 Tours. Only had enough time to trial these on the range with a trackman when I found out I won, and hut them very very nicely with Project X Rifle 6.0s fitted. So I went for that exact combo when they were ordered. Arrive next week, can't wait. I currently have S300s fitted to my MP-69s, On looking at Mizunos website there are 16 diff shafts to choose from, so I feel I have maybe missed the boat in picking the right shaft.

Basically - How far off are DG S300s to PX Rifle 6.0s?
Will I be happy with the JPX919 Tours coming from a traditional blade?
Sounds stupid not going for what I have already but I hear the rifles fire the trajectory slightly lower which is what I am looking for. Worst case scenario sell them and go custom fitted for a set I will know are right for me

Posted:
Fletch.
Mizuno ST190,  Titleist TS2 16.5°, Titleist 818 H1 21°,
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour Irons 5-PW
Mizuno MP18 Fli-Hi 4 iron
Titleist Vokey SM6 50', 54', 58'
Scotty Cameron Select Laguna

Comments

• NGrapp1NGrapp1 Members  12WRX Points: 26Posts: 12 Bunkers

I love the JPX 919 Tours having come from a blade myself. They set up and look very close to a blade, but with a little (but noticeable) added forgiveness.

Project X 6.0 is a much firmer shaft than an S300. A 5.5 is even stiffer than S300. I went from S300 to PX 6.0 and love it, but I was also purposely trying to go stiffer. You may be unhappy if you like the feel/profile of DG.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BB28403BB28403 Members  4279WRX Points: 752Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Posts: 4,279 Titanium Tees

Tell us about this raffle! Congrats, that is exciting.

Posted:
  • Fletch510kFletch510k AberdeenshireMembers  22WRX Points: 13Handicap: 6Posts: 22 Bunkers

On -, @NGrapp1 said:

I love the JPX 919 Tours having come from a blade myself. They set up and look very close to a blade, but with a little (but noticeable) added forgiveness.

Project X 6.0 is a much firmer shaft than an S300. A 5.5 is even stiffer than S300. I went from S300 to PX 6.0 and love it, but I was also purposely trying to go stiffer. You may be unhappy if you like the feel/profile of DG.

The DG were bang average for me, I hit my mates MPs that are flighted 6.5s and they feel good, feel like you can step on them without worrying about losing control. But a little stiff, so hopefully the 6.0s play me well.

Thanks for your insight

Posted:
    Fletch.
  • Fletch510kFletch510k AberdeenshireMembers  22WRX Points: 13Handicap: 6Posts: 22 Bunkers

On -, @BB28403 said:

Tell us about this raffle! Congrats, that is exciting.

You pay your money, pick a number, if it comes out in the lottery, you win a choice of prizes. Choices were below!!! Tough call on the spot isnt it!

La Cala resort, Spain
    3 nights 2 rounds
    2 ball bed and breakfast

Or

Taylormade M6 driver and 3 wood

Or

Ping G410 driver and 3 wood

Or

Choice of irons:

Titleist
    718 AP1 4-PW
    718 AP2 5-PW
    718 AP3 5-PW

Or

TaylorMade 5-PW
    P730
    P-760 (£40 upcharge)
    P-790
    M6 Irons 4-PW

Or

Ping G410 4-PW
    Ping i500 5-PW
    Ping i210 4-PW
    Ping G700 5-PW

Or

Mizuno JPX 919 5-PW (£40 upcharge)
    Hot metal
    Forged
    Tour

Or

Callaway Irons
    Rogue 4-PW
    Apex MB 5-PW
    X forged 5 - PW

or

Taylormade M6 Driver plus Scotty Cameron

Or

Titleist bundle
    (Driver TS, 3 wood TS)

Or

PING G410 Bundle
    (G400 Driver, 3 wood)

Or

Rogue driver
    Rogue 3 wood

Or

3x Vokey SM7 plus Scotty Cameron Putter

Or

Scotty Cameron Phantom X plus Bushnell GPS Watch

Or

3x Taylormade Milled Grind wedge plus any Spider X putter

Or

3x Callaway Mack Daddy wedge plus any Odyssey O-Works putter

Or

Powakaddy FW7s with GPS (lithium)

Posted:
    Fletch.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.