***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***

Update 8/14 - ***Migration work continues. Estimate Go Live to new board 8/17***

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

best shorts under $50????

mcc0819 ·  
mcc0819mcc0819 Members  821WRX Points: 161Posts: 821 Golden Tee

I feel like buying golf shorts are a hassle. Too often, they're baggy and too long or they're way too expensive. I'm 5'9 and any shorts longer than a 9" inseam look sloppy on me. Now I can easily go to Lululemon or the Nike store and drop $80+ on a pair of shorts but I rather not spend that much. What are your suggestions for stretchy shorts with a 9" inseam (or better yet, a 7" inseam) or less that is at or under $50.

Posted:
  • TaylorMade Sim Max 9* Accra TZ5 65 M5
  • TaylorMade Sim 14* Fujikura Speeder TR 757x
  • TaylorMade GAPR LO 18* KBS Hybrid Proto 95x
  • Cobra King Forged CB 4-PW KBS Tour V 120x
  • Mizuno T20 50-55-59 DG TI S400
  • Evnroll ER2B

Comments

• jimb6golfjimb6golf Members  1729WRX Points: 196Posts: 1,729 Platinum Tees

Not sure about the length, but the Adidas Ultimate Short is the best shorts I've every owned. Incredible comfortable and not hot at all during the summer months. Just bought a new pair as my older ones are 4+ years old and showing some wear.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • rbark11rbark11 Members  113WRX Points: 40Posts: 113 Fairways

I just picked up some nice “Pebble Beach” (that’s the brand name) golf shorts at Costco, they were under $20. They’re pretty nice, definitely good quality. Also you can check out Marshall’s/Ross/Burlington for golf shorts at a good price

Posted:
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members  3446WRX Points: 232Posts: 3,446 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
  • mcc0819mcc0819 Members  821WRX Points: 161Posts: 821 Golden Tee

Guys. I know Marshall’s and cheaper brands are easy to be found. If you read the OP, I’m looking for shorts with a 9” inseam or less that’s stretchy under $50.

Posted:
    • Evnroll ER2B

Where my short people at????? lol

Posted:
    • Evnroll ER2B

Advertisement
  • Scooter McGavineScooter McGavine Members  305WRX Points: 77Posts: 305 Greens

I agree with the Adidas Ultimate Short. Lightweight, looks great and comfortable. Plus there are a ton of them on eBay for great prices. Have them in multiple colors.

Posted:
  • DavidvDavidv Members  1153WRX Points: 304Posts: 1,153 Platinum Tees

Izod.

Posted:
  • MarkripMarkrip Boss fan 62 Members  1813WRX Points: 364Posts: 1,813 Platinum Tees

The PGA tour brand at the PGA Superstore are pretty good. Only $30 last time I looked.

Posted:
    Driver - Cobra F7
    3w- Adams Tight Lies 2 16
    Hybrid - Cobra F8 19
    Irons- Sub 70 739 5-PW
    Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54 , 58
    Putter- Tour Edge HP Series 01
  • crp709crp709 Members  102WRX Points: 76Handicap: 8Posts: 102 Fairways

Likely more work than you are willing to put in but I always pick up shorts on sale and drop them off at my cleaners to have hemmed. Sale shorts are usually less than $30 plus $7 to hem where I need them. Being only 5’5 I can’t wear over a 6” inseam.

Posted:
    Chris-P
  • DriverDivotsDriverDivots Members  2WRX Points: 28Handicap: YesPosts: 2 Starters

if you are willing to spend a bit over 50, try bonobos. they have different inseams to choose from (I think 7, 8, 9?), and they fit great. 88 bucks might be pricey, but these are by far the best golf shorts I've come across, looks wise and fit. for what it's worth, I ordered a pair of the highland, and the highland tour, and I like the highland a bit better. just feels like different material.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • PhiresidePhireside Members  1385WRX Points: 185Posts: 1,385 Platinum Tees

5'7 here. I know your pain. Best shorts I have are a pair of C9 from target that I found a few years ago. Perfect length with a nice modern cut. Not sure what the current line up is but have a look.

Posted:
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members  2936WRX Points: 797Posts: 2,936 Titanium Tees

Haggar Cool 18

Posted:
  • illum1na71illum1na71 Members  326WRX Points: 108Posts: 326 Greens

Hurley... dry fit and 4 way stretch shorts.
    They have several fits and lengths. If you find a Hurley outlet you can get them for way cheaper than Nike golf shorts using the same material. ($25 - $35).

Posted:
  • cardigancardigan Members  81WRX Points: 37Posts: 81 Fairways

On -, @BiggErn said:

Haggar Cool 18

I’m a fan of the Haggar Cool 18 but I don’t think they’re that short. Belk often has a buy 1 get 2 free sale on them. Looks like they’re having that sale again right now.

Posted:
  • RHWRHW Members  1WRX Points: 3Posts: 1 Starters

If you haven’t yet, you should check out the J Crew Tech shorts. They have a nice tailored fit, comfortable stretch, many color options and come in 7”, 9” and 10.5” inseam. Retail is over your price point, but JC runs frequent discounts where you can pick these up for less than $50. FYI, the Tech pants are fantastic too.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • buckrogers71buckrogers71 Members  436WRX Points: 134Posts: 436 Greens

I am 5'4" and have to have 7" inseam shorts. I just buy stuff on sale at Macy's or from various online outlets and take them and have them hemmed. While not ideal, it's pretty much what I want.

Posted:
  • mlecs03mlecs03 Members  99WRX Points: 90Handicap: 5Posts: 99 Fairways

I really like the Ben Hogan shorts at Walmart. Limited colors, but they're around $15 a pair. Material is great and lightweight.

Posted:
  • Liam84Liam84 Members  74WRX Points: 70Posts: 74 Bunkers

On -, @illum1na71 said:

Hurley... dry fit and 4 way stretch shorts.
    They have several fits and lengths. If you find a Hurley outlet you can get them for way cheaper than Nike golf shorts using the same material. ($25 - $35).

Hurley shorts are the best ones I´ve tried, same materials as Nike but many more options for size and length and cheaper too.

Posted:
  • tmw1582tmw1582 Members  84WRX Points: 51Handicap: 8.8Posts: 84 Fairways

On -, @RHW said:

If you haven’t yet, you should check out the J Crew Tech shorts. They have a nice tailored fit, comfortable stretch, many color options and come in 7”, 9” and 10.5” inseam. Retail is over your price point, but JC runs frequent discounts where you can pick these up for less than $50. FYI, the Tech pants are fantastic too.

I second this. I have three pairs of the shorts and pants. They always have 40% off sales on them. I'm 5'9 as well and get the 7in. Right now they are running a deal where you get 25% off 1 pair, 30% off 2, and 40% off 3. https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_category/shorts/7inchshort/7-tech-short/H9328?color_name=navy

Posted:
  • LUMALUMA I Am My Greatest Downfall St. Johns / Jacksonville FloridaMembers  2378WRX Points: 139Posts: 2,378 Platinum Tees

I've been buying nothing but the Old Navy Active shorts. Pants, I have to go for something more expensive.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9 deg / Aldila Rouge
    Titleist 915 F 15 deg / Diamana 70
    Callaway XR 19 deg Hybrid / Project X LZ S
    Titleist 718 MB PW-4i / Project X 6.0 
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50/54/58
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Advertisement

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys. Has anyone had any experience with chubbies or bear bottoms 7" stretch shorts?

Posted:
    • Evnroll ER2B
  • PhilomathesqPhilomathesq Legal EagleMembers  1054WRX Points: 1,277Handicap: My tolerance for stupidity.Posts: 1,054 Platinum Tees

On -, @Markrip said:

The PGA tour brand at the PGA Superstore are pretty good. Only $30 last time I looked.

This is a great response. Here is a link to them... I have a few pair and they are wonderful. I get the 10" inseam, but the link below is for the same short with a 7" inseam.

https://pgatoursuperstore.com/flat-front-7-fashion-golf-short-with-active-waistband/2000000002862.html?dwvar_2000000002862_STK_COLOR=5&cgid=golf-apparel-mens-shorts#prefn1=brand&sz=24&prefv1=PGA+TOUR&start=1

Posted:

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* w/ Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited 70 O5
    3-Wood: TaylorMade M5 15* w/ Oban Devotion 8 O5
    Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5
    4i - 9i: Callaway Apex MB w/ KBS C-Taper 130X
    Wedges: Jaws MD5 46/10S, 50/10S, 54/8C, 58/8W, all w/ DG TI S400
    Putter: Lajosi Custom DD201WB w/ Stability Shaft
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1827210/philomathesqs-whats-in-the-bag

• theboypinoytheboypinoy Members  2106WRX Points: 153Posts: 2,106 Platinum Tees

J Crew has tech shorts in 5 and 7 inch lengths, in addition to 9.

Right now, if you want to give them a spin, J Crew Factory has them for sub-$30 in a number of colors 😁

Posted:
  • Power fadePower fade Members  78WRX Points: 81Handicap: 12.5Posts: 78 Fairways

On -, @LUMA said:

I've been buying nothing but the Old Navy Active shorts. Pants, I have to go for something more expensive.

Second this. Very lightweight, breathable, a little bit of stretch, straight cut, and under $20. As a guy who enjoys getting grease stains on every pair of shorts I've ever owned these are a nice cheap option.

Posted:
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX ClubWRX  9191WRX Points: 304Handicap: +2.5Posts: 9,191 ClubWRX

adidas now has an Ultimate 8.5” cut that’s my new go-to. Might not be as easy to find on eBay as regular Ultimate.

Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram

Advertisement

On -, @QMany said:

adidas now has an Ultimate 8.5” cut that’s my new go-to. Might not be as easy to find on eBay as regular Ultimate.

Sounds great, Ultimates are my favorite shorts.

Posted:
  • a1baylora1baylor Members  36WRX Points: 59Posts: 36 Bunkers

LandsEnd has 9 inch golf shorts. Right now they are offering 40% off which makes them around $33/pair

Posted:
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10876WRX Points: 3,984Handicap: 8Posts: 10,876 ClubWRX

I buy a lot of these because there is an outlet and many times I can get them buy one get one free.

https://www.volcom.com/collections/mens-clothing-shorts

Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow

Advertisement
  • rpearlbergrpearlberg Members  648WRX Points: 68Posts: 648 Golden Tee

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

I buy a lot of these because there is an outlet and many times I can get them buy one get one free.

https://www.volcom.com/collections/mens-clothing-shorts

I've seen some Volcom shorts at Marshall's and TJMaxx recently, didn't check prices though.

Posted:
    Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW
    Titleist 915D2 9.5
    Titleist 915F 15
    Titliest 915H 19
    Titleist 915H 21
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.